Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Do you belive ghosts

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 06:37 Mar20 2010 Post ID: 2816845
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
Okay, let's say that a few months ago something happened and your reflection in the mirror was a little different. Naturally, it freaked you out.
After that, you were afraid you'd see it again, wether it be consciously or subconciously, because you were sure there was something weird about it. Because of this, your mind projected the image of this "Ghost" onto the mirror, even if it wasn't really there, and the more you saw it, the more you were sure it was there.
Now known as
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
bowow Posted: 06:48 Mar20 2010 Post ID: 2816851
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
To be honest all of these questions and theroys are confusing me now.

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
sphynxx Posted: 20:01 Mar20 2010 Post ID: 2817091
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
How exactly are they confusing you?

All Tony & I have really said was that you may have once saw something that freaked you out/confused you & everytime you looked at the mirror, whether consciously or subconsciously, you on some level expected to see that something again. You mind was in a state of anxiousness & preparing itself to again see it, and therefore when you looked, your mind was keyed up, you saw exactly what you were afraid/didn't want to see.

It's something thats quite common really, especially given unexplained occurances - I don't have any websites or what have you really to back up what I've just said, just that back in school during history class, we did a small project on the history of unexplained phenomina (sorry for crappy spelling) in New Zealand, and there were a lot of instances were someone saw something & became so scared or nervous etc that their mind & imagination went into over-drive around the same time/place they saw whatever it was & thus could have been the reason why they saw whatever they saw again & again, at the same time/in the same place.
That's all, hopefully that cleared up the confusion.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Kambei Posted: 21:44 Mar21 2010 Post ID: 2817632
Kambei
Post Likes: 0
+
As an atheist and rationalist, I feel the idea of ghosts is absurb.

I study was conducted (pardon more lack of source) with two groups of students. Both involved the same abandoned movie theatre. Group A were told to observe the theatre and look for areas where renovations should happen. Group B was told the theatre was haunted, and that they were looking for ghosts. Group B reported that there was spirtual activity going on, while Group A reported no activity of that sort.

In conclusion, I feel it is more of a physclogical idea. If you think there's going to be ghosts you may then trick yourself into feeling, hearing, or seeing ghosts.
YoSoyJu Posted: 15:52 Mar22 2010 Post ID: 2817887
YoSoyJu
Post Likes: 0
+
Regarding the mirror: Without seeing it myself, I can make no conclusions, but generalizing from most stories of this nature, I can make a great guess. That being, it's just a flaw in the mirror which looks vaguely like a face. This is called Pareidolia. You saw it once, made an image in your mind as to what it was, and from that point on, it was only that in your mind. I'll give you an example from my own life. My shower has wood trim around the entrance. On the side by the shower head, there are several knots, one of which I though looked kinda like a caricature of a toucan. Now, every time I take a shower, I see the "toucan".
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close