Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Do you belive ghosts

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
rate_me Posted: 09:10 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814474
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
bowow said:I found this story on the internet.

More than a year after Pearl Harbour, American forces picked up a craft of their own design on the radar but approaching from Japan. Sending two pilots into the sky to tail the craft and investigate, they were shocked to discover a US aircraft used in the Pearl Harbour attacks.
It is then reported that the blood stained, sheet white pilot gave the investigators a wave before diving into the overcast clouds and sea and disappearing.

Could I have a link please?

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
bowow Posted: 09:16 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814476
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
rate_me said:
bowow said:I found this story on the internet.

More than a year after Pearl Harbour, American forces picked up a craft of their own design on the radar but approaching from Japan. Sending two pilots into the sky to tail the craft and investigate, they were shocked to discover a US aircraft used in the Pearl Harbour attacks.
It is then reported that the blood stained, sheet white pilot gave the investigators a wave before diving into the overcast clouds and sea and disappearing.

Could I have a link please?

Sorry but it was on my homepage (linky http://www.virginmedia.com/)but they must of changed it because it was at the top but it's disappered.Then again it was about thing's disappering.

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 15:26 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814591
darkraiarceus911
Post Likes: 0
+
YoSoyJu said:
CRAZY CHEATS said:Well, presumably Ghosts do not neccessarily follow the same principals of science, or else they would not be able to move through walls.

You don't get it. It is impossible to see them if they do not have mass. Reflected light entering our eyes is how we see.

There are only two options when seeing a ghost: it has mass and light is bouncing off the surface of that mass or it's your brain putting the image there (either via a misinterpretation like the many optical illusions or via hallucination).

Supposedly haunted areas have been discovered to have unusual amounts of electrical energies. Energies don`t have mass, but can be visible. heat can be visible, as can electricity. Perhaps ghosts are a type of energy which would explain how ghosts can be visible but not have mass.

Or perhaps ghosts are a gaslike substance, which has mass. But there are no studies that I know of that would suggest that ghosts are a gaslike substance..

CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 15:29 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814593
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
How and when can heat be seen?
Now known as
bowow Posted: 16:42 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814634
bowow
The Lizard King
+
Steam on windows and stuff.

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 17:03 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814639
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
That's water vapour.
An effect of heat, but not actual heat
Now known as
super craig Posted: 18:05 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814664
super craig
+
darkraiarceus911 said:
YoSoyJu said:
CRAZY CHEATS said:Well, presumably Ghosts do not neccessarily follow the same principals of science, or else they would not be able to move through walls.

You don't get it. It is impossible to see them if they do not have mass. Reflected light entering our eyes is how we see.

There are only two options when seeing a ghost: it has mass and light is bouncing off the surface of that mass or it's your brain putting the image there (either via a misinterpretation like the many optical illusions or via hallucination).

Supposedly haunted areas have been discovered to have unusual amounts of electrical energies. Energies don`t have mass, but can be visible. heat can be visible, as can electricity. Perhaps ghosts are a type of energy which would explain how ghosts can be visible but not have mass.

Or perhaps ghosts are a gaslike substance, which has mass. But there are no studies that I know of that would suggest that ghosts are a gaslike substance..

Electricity is the flow of charged particles, specifically electrons, the rest mass of which is 9.11x10-31kg. Similarly heat requires the presence of particles, which again require a mass. In order for things to show up on thermal imaging, which is what I assume you are referring to, the object needs to consist of particles.

I agree entirely with what YoSoyJu has already stated regarding this matter. There are various forms of energy which don't require particles and mass (well if we are leaving the idea of momentum out of it), but they require a source which does.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 19:03 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814675
darkraiarceus911
+
CRAZY CHEATS said:How and when can heat be seen?

I was referring to heat waves, in some intense heat the actual waves of heat energy is visible.

"Electricity is the flow of charged particles, specifically electrons, the rest mass of which is 9.11x10-31kg. Similarly heat requires the presence of particles, which again require a mass. In order for things to show up on thermal imaging, which is what I assume you are referring to, the object needs to consist of particles."

Ah I see what your talking about, but then considering I do not actually know and there are no studies that suggest that ghosts don`t have mass, perhaps those small particles are what makes ghosts visible as well. (assuming they exist)

sphynxx Posted: 04:30 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816028
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
I'm someone whos on the fence about this issue.

I've had very strange events happen to me in the past. First of which when I was staying at my friends house, and at about 6:30 in the morning, we were both talking & saw a shadowy (bascially it was all black) figure walk past his door, then come back, stop, stand in the doorway, look into the room at us, then continue to walk into the kitchen (which was at the end of the hallway - and the only place for anyone walking past my friends door to go to) and when we went into the kitchen, all of 45 seconds afterwards - there was no-one there - the door was still locked, as were windows. Both parents were still in bed & all windows were locked, as were all doors in the house. Scared the crap out of me but I'm not sure what, if anything, it was. Think

As for everything 'unexplainable' about Ghosts, spirits etc;

The T.V show Supernatural has given some very believable reasons as to why a person/ghost/spirit exists. Obviously, given the t.v shows nature, its all meant to be slightly believable. whilst methods used on the show for dealing with said problems are purely for entertainment & such - the few episodes (which I can't remember) have given reasons for X spirit to have 'stayed behind' or whatever that are believable to people.. But its all up to the individual.

I know a lot of people put a lot of stock into 'science' & if science can't prove it - it mustn't exist or whatever. But simply because science & current scientific knowledge or even just general knowledge we have now can't prove/disprove anything, doesn't neccessarily mean it isn't plausible. After all, it wasn't so long ago that 'science' (as well as religion) said a lot of things weren't possible etc which were later proved to be possible/be a certain way with later developments in scientific knowledge..

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
bowow Posted: 15:32 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816173
bowow
The Lizard King
+
sphynxx said:I'm someone whos on the fence about this issue.

I've had very strange events happen to me in the past. First of which when I was staying at my friends house, and at about 6:30 in the morning, we were both talking & saw a shadowy (bascially it was all black) figure walk past his door, then come back, stop, stand in the doorway, look into the room at us, then continue to walk into the kitchen (which was at the end of the hallway - and the only place for anyone walking past my friends door to go to) and when we went into the kitchen, all of 45 seconds afterwards - there was no-one there - the door was still locked, as were windows. Both parents were still in bed & all windows were locked, as were all doors in the house. Scared the crap out of me but I'm not sure what, if anything, it was. Think

As for everything 'unexplainable' about Ghosts, spirits etc;

The T.V show Supernatural has given some very believable reasons as to why a person/ghost/spirit exists. Obviously, given the t.v shows nature, its all meant to be slightly believable. whilst methods used on the show for dealing with said problems are purely for entertainment & such - the few episodes (which I can't remember) have given reasons for X spirit to have 'stayed behind' or whatever that are believable to people.. But its all up to the individual.

I know a lot of people put a lot of stock into 'science' & if science can't prove it - it mustn't exist or whatever. But simply because science & current scientific knowledge or even just general knowledge we have now can't prove/disprove anything, doesn't neccessarily mean it isn't plausible. After all, it wasn't so long ago that 'science' (as well as religion) said a lot of things weren't possible etc which were later proved to be possible/be a certain way with later developments in scientific knowledge..

I had a ballon in my room and every time i moved it moved so it was facing, me no windows open.

And once i had a mirror on my bedroom wall and every time i looked at it i saw a old guys face, before any jokes are made im only 13 so not that old. No matter how many times i cleaned it, it was still there. CREEPY.

CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 15:57 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816192
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
What does that have to do with Alfred's post?

Baloon: If you think you have a haunted baloon, you deserve a smack

Mirror: What, instead of seeing yourself, you saw a wrinkled old man?
Now known as
super craig Posted: 16:53 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816227
super craig
+
bowow said:
I had a ballon in my room and every time i moved it moved so it was facing, me no windows open.

And once i had a mirror on my bedroom wall and every time i looked at it i saw a old guys face, before any jokes are made im only 13 so not that old. No matter how many times i cleaned it, it was still there. CREEPY.

You mean that in the same sort of way you can rub a ballon on your shirt and then stick it to a wall. I was always under the impression it was due to static charges but a ghost is the more obviously explaination I suppose. When you move you disturb the air flow around you, creating your own air currents and the ballon simply reacts to that even if there is no open windows and no wind, you move back and the ballon moves with you and so on and so forth.

As for the creepy man, are you sure you were looking at a mirror and not at a picture Smile

« Last edited by super craig on Mar 18th 2010 »
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 21:57 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816355
darkraiarceus911
+

[/quote]I had a ballon in my room and every time i moved it moved so it was facing, me no windows open.

And once i had a mirror on my bedroom wall and every time i looked at it i saw a old guys face, before any jokes are made im only 13 so not that old. No matter how many times i cleaned it, it was still there. CREEPY.[/quote]

I`m sorry but I lol`d.

Just try saying that in public you are going to have a million witty people get you.

« Last edited by darkraiarceus911 on Mar 18th 2010 »

bowow Posted: 08:40 Mar19 2010 Post ID: 2816452
bowow
The Lizard King
+
The ballon one might of been stupid but the old man one is'nt.

It started to pee me off so my mum got me a new mirror.

It was more of an outline then a full face but its still creepy, try sleeping when it looks like an old man is watching.

Plus i had the mirror years and then a face appears.

CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 11:48 Mar19 2010 Post ID: 2816523
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
So, you saw the outline of a face, and assumed that the ghost of an old man has decided to possess your miror, and appears instead of you when you look in?

HAve you not thought that perhaps a sibling drew a face on it with marker, then your mother wiped most of it off, but it left a faint mark?
Now known as
bowow Posted: 11:52 Mar19 2010 Post ID: 2816525
bowow
The Lizard King
+
Sibling?

I'm a only child and no one hardly goes in my room.

CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 12:26 Mar19 2010 Post ID: 2816532
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
Cousins perhaps? Friends?
Now known as
bowow Posted: 12:43 Mar19 2010 Post ID: 2816539
bowow
The Lizard King
+
Cousins don't hardly come my house.

And have'nt seen my friends for a while since i've been of school.

SO?

sphynxx Posted: 03:10 Mar20 2010 Post ID: 2816808
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
9 times out of 10 there are rational explanations for seemingly unexplainable events occuring.

As for the face of the old man - Perhaps once you caught a reflection of something & couldn't explain it - and since that point in time, whenever you looked at your mirror - whether you were directly in front of it or not, your mind thought it was going to see something, so it did. Whether or not it was there. It seems that you might have been afraid/wary of this 'face' so that fear/annoyance could have definitely lead to you, for lack of a more polite phrase; seeing things.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
bowow Posted: 06:29 Mar20 2010 Post ID: 2816844
bowow
The Lizard King
+
I could be looking from any direction and still see it, and like i said it was washed hundreds of times and left for months, and i could still see it.

Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close