Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Do you belive ghosts

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
poleio Posted: 15:23 Sep05 2009 Post ID: 2728366
poleio
Post Likes: 0
+
Well theres this one house around here and its supposed to be haunted not sure Its been blocked off but bassically there was a family a mom dad and two daughters one night the dad killed his family went outside cut his ear off for reasons unknown and every time somebody stood the night there the cops would find the bodies stiched up on the wall the next day
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
shinymewfive Posted: 11:31 Sep17 2009 Post ID: 2734914
shinymewfive
+
omg thats doged but i have seen a ghost recently newhaven fort theres a banshee in the bloked off tunnels Anxious but i went in there and.....it......talked so yes that 1 nock for yes 2 for no is rubbish Smile

avvy by me sig by me

00000_________00000000000000
00000_________000000000000000ÿ
00000_________00000_____00000
00000_________00000_____00000
00000_________000000000000000
00000_________00000000000000
00000___ ______0000000000000
00000_________00000
00000_________00000
0000000000000_00000
0000000000000_00 000
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 18:28 Sep22 2009 Post ID: 2737697
darkraiarceus911
+
On 18-May-2009 City of Wonder said:I believe in rhyme and reason, and if ghosts exist, there is absolutely no rhyme and reason to it.

For all you ghost believers out there, here are some compelling questions. But before I begin, I will say that many people who believe in ghosts have never seen one. So this content, then, is directed towards them. I'm not going to convince a person, who believes he saw a ghost, that
ghosts do not exist. This is for believers who have never seen a ghost or apparition.

If ghosts exist...ever wonder why the only places they haunt are either old Victorian mansions, prisons, abandoned farm houses or other abandoned buildings, graveyards, and places where deaths have occurred such as bridges, old country roads and houses? Don't you find this a bit odd? How come hospitals aren't infested with ghosts? Lots of people die in hospitals.

Many people die on the streets in car wrecks. You'd think that ghosts would be appearing left and right on major highways and intersections.

And when ghosts do appear, why do they always seem to be from a specific era of time, namely, the 19th and 18th centuries? Or earlier, but not too early? In other words, the apparitions wear clothes indicative of these particular centuries.

Where are all the ghosts of times going much further back, when men and women wore animal skins? Why don't we see ghosts of people who lived 10,000 years ago? Why don't we see ghosts of cavemen? Why don't we see ghosts of modern man, like the ghost of someone wearing bell bottoms yielding a peace sign?

Why do ghosts run the moment we see them? Are they afraid of us, like we're going to kill them? Why don't ghosts ever appear before huge crowds of people? Ever wonder why child ghosts are always spotted disappearing around a corner? Or scurrying away to a room, never to be seen after that? Is this the typical behavior of children? I'd think that even in ghost form, a child would want to come up to adults and interact.
"If ghosts exist...ever wonder why the only places they haunt are either old Victorian mansions, prisons, abandoned farm houses or other abandoned buildings, graveyards, and places where deaths have occurred such as bridges, old country roads and houses? Don't you find this a bit odd? How come hospitals aren't infested with ghosts? Lots of people die in hospitals."

Just because someones dies does not mean they become ghosts, In theory ghosts are people who`s souls were lost while attempting to go where ever spirits go. Some spirits are even able to prevent themselves from leaving Earth because they are afraid of leaving. Keep in mind that this is assuming there is a heaven and hell these are all theories but ones that make the most sense to me. Hospitals have many people who die but who`s to say they aren`t haunted? there are hospitals that are haunted but there are so many people in a hospital who`s going to notice something paranormal? In specific locations brutal deaths and horrible events take place which lead to a lost and confused soul, which means a "ghost" might end up being in that location. Also once again who`s to say highways are not haunted? no one is going to notice a ghost on a highway because they are in a car.

"Where are all the ghosts of times going much further back, when men and women wore animal skins? Why don't we see ghosts of people who lived 10,000 years ago? Why don't we see ghosts of cavemen? Why don't we see ghosts of modern man, like the ghost of someone wearing bell bottoms yielding a peace sign?"
Cavemen are more like animals and there are very few reported animal ghosts, not to say cavemen ghosts don`t exist but who goes to a caveman`s home to investigate a ghost? Their are most definitely ghosts of modern man, but they have not been noticed yet. ghosts usually appear in abandoned places but this is because where their are a lot of people it is difficult to notice something that is not visible.

"Why do ghosts run the moment we see them? Are they afraid of us, like we're going to kill them? Why don't ghosts ever appear before huge crowds of people? Ever wonder why child ghosts are always spotted disappearing around a corner? Or scurrying away to a room, never to be seen after that? Is this the typical behavior of children? I'd think that even in ghost form, a child would want to come up to adults and interact."

In theory ghosts are probably confused on where they are, what their doing and why they`re there. They might be scared when they see someone else because they have not been in communication with a human for a long time. I assume it must be difficult for something that is not matter and is more of an energy to become visible to the naked eye. When a "ghost" comes up to a person and they try to speak to them they will realize they are not visible to them and the person cannot hear them either, which would probably lead to that spirit to panic and become confused. Some spirits have come in contact with humans but only those who listen and are aware of whats around them. technology has apparently managed to record voices and capture images, but I cannot explain why, not yet.

super craig Posted: 08:55 Sep23 2009 Post ID: 2737916
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 22-Sep-2009 darkraiarceus911 said:"If ghosts exist...ever wonder why the only places they haunt are either old Victorian mansions, prisons, abandoned farm houses or other abandoned buildings, graveyards, and places where deaths have occurred such as bridges, old country roads and houses? Don't you find this a bit odd? How come hospitals aren't infested with ghosts? Lots of people die in hospitals."

Just because someones dies does not mean they become ghosts, In theory ghosts are people who`s souls were lost while attempting to go where ever spirits go. Some spirits are even able to prevent themselves from leaving Earth because they are afraid of leaving. Keep in mind that this is assuming there is a heaven and hell these are all theories but ones that make the most sense to me. Hospitals have many people who die but who`s to say they aren`t haunted? there are hospitals that are haunted but there are so many people in a hospital who`s going to notice something paranormal? In specific locations brutal deaths and horrible events take place which lead to a lost and confused soul, which means a "ghost" might end up being in that location. Also once again who`s to say highways are not haunted? no one is going to notice a ghost on a highway because they are in a car.

"Where are all the ghosts of times going much further back, when men and women wore animal skins? Why don't we see ghosts of people who lived 10,000 years ago? Why don't we see ghosts of cavemen? Why don't we see ghosts of modern man, like the ghost of someone wearing bell bottoms yielding a peace sign?"
Cavemen are more like animals and there are very few reported animal ghosts, not to say cavemen ghosts don`t exist but who goes to a caveman`s home to investigate a ghost? Their are most definitely ghosts of modern man, but they have not been noticed yet. ghosts usually appear in abandoned places but this is because where their are a lot of people it is difficult to notice something that is not visible.

"Why do ghosts run the moment we see them? Are they afraid of us, like we're going to kill them? Why don't ghosts ever appear before huge crowds of people? Ever wonder why child ghosts are always spotted disappearing around a corner? Or scurrying away to a room, never to be seen after that? Is this the typical behavior of children? I'd think that even in ghost form, a child would want to come up to adults and interact."

In theory ghosts are probably confused on where they are, what their doing and why they`re there. They might be scared when they see someone else because they have not been in communication with a human for a long time. I assume it must be difficult for something that is not matter and is more of an energy to become visible to the naked eye. When a "ghost" comes up to a person and they try to speak to them they will realize they are not visible to them and the person cannot hear them either, which would probably lead to that spirit to panic and become confused. Some spirits have come in contact with humans but only those who listen and are aware of whats around them. technology has apparently managed to record voices and capture images, but I cannot explain why, not yet.
there are hospitals that are haunted but there are so many people in a hospital who`s going to notice something paranormal?

So ghosts can only be seen/heard when there are only a small amount of people in attendance sounds... convenient to me. There are places in hospitals that aren't busy and besides I think people would be likely to notice, I don't know, a chair floating through the air regardless of whether there was 1 person or a 100. In fact more people would be likely to notice it.

As for not knowing where they are, I would have thought they would have had a pretty good idea of what they are etc, most people would probably be able to work out that if the last thing they remember was having their throat slit (or insert your own choice of death here) and now they can go through walls that they are ghosts. If someone killed me I'd be delighted to tell someone who killed me, I certainly wouldn't be running away.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 17:35 Sep23 2009 Post ID: 2738130
darkraiarceus911
+
On 23-Sep-2009 super craig said:there are hospitals that are haunted but there are so many people in a hospital who`s going to notice something paranormal?

So ghosts can only be seen/heard when there are only a small amount of people in attendance sounds... convenient to me. There are places in hospitals that aren't busy and besides I think people would be likely to notice, I don't know, a chair floating through the air regardless of whether there was 1 person or a 100. In fact more people would be likely to notice it.

As for not knowing where they are, I would have thought they would have had a pretty good idea of what they are etc, most people would probably be able to work out that if the last thing they remember was having their throat slit (or insert your own choice of death here) and now they can go through walls that they are ghosts. If someone killed me I'd be delighted to tell someone who killed me, I certainly wouldn't be running away.
Ghosts can make chairs float? since when? you watch too many movies. A hospital is usually busy and most people would be too preoccupied worrying about their health or a family member to notice something strange or even if they do they most likely will not give it another thought. There are very few reports of a drastic action that a "ghost" performs which means they don`t levitate chairs or appear perfectly clear in a picture that someone takes. The most common action a "ghost" performs is making a noise or coming in physical contact with a person, which I highly doubt anyone in a hospital will give a second thought about. Even if someone in a hospital witnesses something like a floating object or a person who disappears in an instant, they would come up with the best explanation they can which would be that they`re stressed out or the sickness they have is getting to them. After that they would probably never give it a second thought.

"As for not knowing where they are, I would have thought they would have had a pretty good idea of what they are etc, most people would probably be able to work out that if the last thing they remember was having their throat slit (or insert your own choice of death here) and now they can go through walls that they are ghosts. If someone killed me I'd be delighted to tell someone who killed me, I certainly wouldn't be running away."

The shock of someone realizing their dead would bring someone in a panic or they would be in denial of the entire thing. I doubt that being a ghost is the same as being a human which would bring them to believe that their dreaming or something similar.

"If someone killed me I'd be delighted to tell someone who killed me, I certainly wouldn't be running away."

Like I said I highly doubt talking to a human when your dead is as easy as walking up to them and saying hi. Not only that if someone hears a voice out of nowhere they would not believe that someones trying to tell them something, they would just think they`re hearing things.

super craig Posted: 05:59 Sep24 2009 Post ID: 2738429
super craig
+
On 23-Sep-2009 darkraiarceus911 said:Ghosts can make chairs float? since when? you watch too many movies. A hospital is usually busy and most people would be too preoccupied worrying about their health or a family member to notice something strange or even if they do they most likely will not give it another thought. There are very few reports of a drastic action that a "ghost" performs which means they don`t levitate chairs or appear perfectly clear in a picture that someone takes. The most common action a "ghost" performs is making a noise or coming in physical contact with a person, which I highly doubt anyone in a hospital will give a second thought about. Even if someone in a hospital witnesses something like a floating object or a person who disappears in an instant, they would come up with the best explanation they can which would be that they`re stressed out or the sickness they have is getting to them. After that they would probably never give it a second thought.

"As for not knowing where they are, I would have thought they would have had a pretty good idea of what they are etc, most people would probably be able to work out that if the last thing they remember was having their throat slit (or insert your own choice of death here) and now they can go through walls that they are ghosts. If someone killed me I'd be delighted to tell someone who killed me, I certainly wouldn't be running away."

The shock of someone realizing their dead would bring someone in a panic or they would be in denial of the entire thing. I doubt that being a ghost is the same as being a human which would bring them to believe that their dreaming or something similar.

"If someone killed me I'd be delighted to tell someone who killed me, I certainly wouldn't be running away."

Like I said I highly doubt talking to a human when your dead is as easy as walking up to them and saying hi. Not only that if someone hears a voice out of nowhere they would not believe that someones trying to tell them something, they would just think they`re hearing things.
There are reports of ghosts throwing stuff around, watch any ghost program, Most Haunted etc, ghosts apprently can't help themselves from throwing stuff around, and they is just as much proof (flimsy at best of course) of their exsistence as these quiet ghosts. So you accept it when people say they've seen a ghost (sterotypical abandoned building of course) but a ghost moving something thats just too far fetched?

Back to the hospitals, there are lots of receptionists, cleaners etc who aren't worried about their illness who surely would have seen ghosts, afterall they do probably see more of the hospital than most people. Add to that the sheer number of things like security cameras etc that are knocking around places and it wouldn't be hard to find them.

I accept that some people would just ignore if they thought they heard someone talking but not everyone, all you would have to do is find someone who believes in ghosts and talk to them, they'd be delighted to talk to you and so it wouldn't be hard for you to talk to them. Same for them going into denial, I'm sure some people would but again not all.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

DemonOfSand Posted: 15:49 Sep27 2009 Post ID: 2740503
DemonOfSand
+
I believe in Ghosts. However, I think of it like in the anime Bleach.

Ghosts are dead people(duh) who have either gotten lost on the way to Heaven, have unfinished business(how, idk) or don't feel like leaving just yet. I like to compare Angels to Soul Reapers, who help guide the ghosts to Heaven in order to find peace.

A ghost who's former loved ones still greive heavily over their death tie down the ghost to Earth, therefore, preventing them to pass on. They soon become dependant on those people and eventually turn into Demons(sweet! Real world Bleach Hollows lol). Those are the ones who go around causing mischief and things like that.

But again, that's how I view it and see it as. The Bleach thing was just a really good example/comparison to use. I'm not actually saying that it works like that.

Off-Topic: If it really does work like it does in Bleach, turn me into a Hollow. I want to become an Espada lol.
My Aipom is famous for being the strongest Aipom ever on this site.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
rate_me Posted: 20:57 Jan07 2010 Post ID: 2783962
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
shinymewfive, please actually contribute to the debate instead of bumping an old thread with a two word post to say, "yeah definaly". Post deleted.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Patriot X Posted: 15:51 Jan08 2010 Post ID: 2784233
Patriot X
+
There is no evidence that they actually exist so how can you believe all that ghost- demon stuff?

regalchris861 Posted: 16:38 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785760
regalchris861
+
I do believe in ghosts and have had several encounters with them. For example, my uncle is a ghost hunter and he brought me to his work one time. He went to use the restroom, when I was pushed down by something. I thought someone was playing a joke on me but when I turned around nothing was there. Right after that happened, two eyes appeared to me, glowed red, and disappeared.

Another encounter was with my father, who had died when I was two years old. Me and my family were taking family pictures and it was time for my individual photo, and my mother took the picture. I asked to see it, but what I saw when I looked, freaked me out. My dead father was standing right behind me. I knew it was him because I had many pictures, and he was wearing the red shirt that he was waering the day he died.

Meet my friend, John.
Thanks to TBug for my avvy! Smile

bowow Posted: 20:51 Mar01 2010 Post ID: 2809116
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
well at frist i was kind of 50 50 of ghosts being real i wanted to belive but then my mum told me that my dead grandad had visted my 5 year old cousin that didnt even know he was dead and i can feel something in my bathroom and my friends mum belives in all that ghost stuff and she said she can see ghosts and when she went up stairs in my house she started crying and i always see someting in the corner of my eye well im seeing something in the corner of my eye now so now i BELIVE ive actually seen a ghost up at an hospital i have to go every once and a while me and my friend where playing football in like a garden and i looked up and in a window was an old guy eating a sandwhich i told my friend there was a guy watching us and he couldnt see him i looked up i could see him then he just kinda disappered

« Last edited by bowow on Mar 1st 2010 »

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
Patriot X Posted: 22:01 Mar02 2010 Post ID: 2809660
Patriot X
+
Thank you guys for all that proof. Once again i would like to see proof. citing personal experiences are not going to cut it. Ghosts have never been proven to exist so at this point i totally disagree with what you are saying.

rate_me- is this post fine? I didnt really state a point or anything...

bowow Posted: 22:07 Mar02 2010 Post ID: 2809663
bowow
The Lizard King
+
my post had a experince that wasnt my own about my 5 year old cousin seeing the ghost of her dead grandad who she was told went on "holiday" and personally i think that anyone does post a liink they will be told there has to be a logical explanation.

i watched a programme about a ghost that moved the fire place from one side of the room to the other going over several objects (creppy)

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 22:17 Mar02 2010 Post ID: 2809667
darkraiarceus911
+
Patriot X said:Thank you guys for all that proof. Once again i would like to see proof. citing personal experiences are not going to cut it. Ghosts have never been proven to exist so at this point i totally disagree with what you are saying.

rate_me- is this post fine? I didnt really state a point or anything...

You have to realize that for this topic we are discussing evidence, there is no "proof" that they exist, but there is also no proof that they don`t exist. There is a truckload of evidence, but no one can say for sure that it`s all credible. While it`s understandable that you don`t believe, if you can`t provide evidence to support your belief then your post has no point.

YoSoyJu Posted: 22:23 Mar02 2010 Post ID: 2809671
YoSoyJu
+
darkraiarceus911 said:You have to realize that for this topic we are discussing evidence, there is no "proof" that they exist, but there is also no proof that they don`t exist. There is a truckload of evidence, but no one can say for sure that it`s all credible. While it`s understandable that you don`t believe, if you can`t provide evidence to support your belief then your post has no point.

Actually, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim to the positive. One can never provide evidence of a negative, only show the validity (or invalidity) of evidence for the positive.
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 22:35 Mar02 2010 Post ID: 2809677
darkraiarceus911
+
YoSoyJu said:
darkraiarceus911 said:You have to realize that for this topic we are discussing evidence, there is no "proof" that they exist, but there is also no proof that they don`t exist. There is a truckload of evidence, but no one can say for sure that it`s all credible. While it`s understandable that you don`t believe, if you can`t provide evidence to support your belief then your post has no point.

Actually, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim to the positive. One can never provide evidence of a negative, only show the validity (or invalidity) of evidence for the positive.

I see your point, but if Patriot won`t make any valid points then he should stop posting things like "there is no proof so I don`t believe it"

There is plenty of evidence supporting the existence of ghosts, but then it can be made invalid. So until there is actual proof of the positive argument neither side can confirm their argument.

*sigh*

SomeWhere Posted: 11:37 Mar03 2010 Post ID: 2809814
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
Okay.. If ghost existed... They have nowhatsoever organs that are functioning, they are only piceces of souls flying in the air. And there is no such thing as soul, its actually called conscience since we think and act by ourselves and if souls existed they would be empty life form things which is very unlogical because a body or lifeform can not live without organs that they need. Same thing with ghosts. So how is this possible? It isn't. THERE IS NO SUCH THING.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
hello all!! Posted: 11:53 Mar03 2010 Post ID: 2809822
hello all!!
+
lol my house is all sorts of messed up wiring n such and of corse houses like breath or whatever but my door does that too i hope its a ghost but id still say thank you to the door but thats because i is lazy and dont want to close it myself lol.
Um what about why some spirits or whatever sometimes only appear if youve demolished something. Like my parents fixed our bathroom rebuiltit in a way and they said a little like indian boy kept looking around the corner.
And Ive seen my cat who passed away awww it was sad lol but I believe. I may not know the facts but thats my belief
hu its funny why do i still care for my friend hahaha hackt her account *sigh* i just dont know *walks away*
bowow Posted: 13:02 Mar03 2010 Post ID: 2809867
bowow
The Lizard King
+
hello all!! said: lol my house is all sorts of messed up wiring n such and of corse houses like breath or whatever but my door does that too i hope its a ghost but id still say thank you to the door but thats because i is lazy and dont want to close it myself lol.
Um what about why some spirits or whatever sometimes only appear if youve demolished something. Like my parents fixed our bathroom rebuiltit in a way and they said a little like indian boy kept looking around the corner.
And Ive seen my cat who passed away awww it was sad lol but I believe. I may not know the facts but thats my belief

perhaps your house is built on an indian burial ground

my dogs can be doing something and next standing and looking into mid air with nothing there can dogs see ghosts?

CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 13:08 Mar03 2010 Post ID: 2809873
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
That's almost definitely a no. Do they prick their ears when they do this? If so, they're simply hearing an interesting sound.
People say that cats can though, because of the way they stare off into the distance.
Now known as
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close