Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Do you belive ghosts

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
bowow Posted: 13:10 Mar03 2010 Post ID: 2809875
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
thats what my dogs do but then again my dogs stupid so

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Patriot X Posted: 17:04 Mar03 2010 Post ID: 2809996
Patriot X
Post Likes: 0
+
I think the question that should be first posed is- where do these ghosts come from? Are they the spirits of dead people? If so, that brings about a whole new discussion about the afterlife. As a christian, i believe that when a person dies, their spirit either goes to heaven or hell, it does not float about and "haunt" people.

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 17:25 Mar03 2010 Post ID: 2810005
darkraiarceus911
+
SomeWhere said:Okay.. If ghost existed... They have nowhatsoever organs that are functioning, they are only piceces of souls flying in the air. And there is no such thing as soul, its actually called conscience since we think and act by ourselves and if souls existed they would be empty life form things which is very unlogical because a body or lifeform can not live without organs that they need. Same thing with ghosts. So how is this possible? It isn't. THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

That is not a valid point, you have no way of proving that souls do not exist, and that is an entirely other debate. With your logic, you say "And there is no such thing as soul" then use that as an argument against ghosts. That is like someone saying "Other planets don`t have life" and using that as an argument against the existence of aliens. You have no evidence to support your example, therefore eliminating your entire argument.

Patriot X Posted: 19:37 Mar03 2010 Post ID: 2810062
Patriot X
+
Alright, lets return to my point about ghosts and christianity. I'm interested in rate_me's view on this topic. Anyway, ghosts are not mentioned in the bible and references to the afterlife lead me to conclude that ghosts do not exist.

CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 01:51 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810156
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
Time for a Crazy Cheats Crazy Theory!
(Read this, not my idea)
Our Universe is like a piece of fabric, and like a piece of fabric, it can bend and overlap, and occasionally, tear. People unwitttingly walk through these tears, and as a result they appear in a completely different era, unaware of their new surroundings, and carry on in their normal lives, due to the fact thir surroundings are still the exact same as before.
Now known as
YoSoyJu Posted: 02:00 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810162
YoSoyJu
+
CRAZY CHEATS said:Time for a Crazy Cheats Crazy Theory!
(Read this, not my idea)
Our Universe is like a piece of fabric, and like a piece of fabric, it can bend and overlap, and occasionally, tear. People unwitttingly walk through these tears, and as a result they appear in a completely different era, unaware of their new surroundings, and carry on in their normal lives, due to the fact thir surroundings are still the exact same as before.

That doesn't explain the common claim of non-corporeal beings.
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 09:28 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810241
darkraiarceus911
+
Patriot X said:Alright, lets return to my point about ghosts and christianity. I'm interested in rate_me's view on this topic. Anyway, ghosts are not mentioned in the bible and references to the afterlife lead me to conclude that ghosts do not exist.

I am also a christian, and the Bible talks about how Jesus performed exorcisms. Or expelling Demons, and demons are a type of ghost. Also purgatory is within the realm of christian belief, and that is one of the religious theories on ghosts, that ghosts are simply souls lost in purgatory.

super craig Posted: 10:06 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810245
super craig
+
darkraiarceus911 said:
SomeWhere said:Okay.. If ghost existed... They have nowhatsoever organs that are functioning, they are only piceces of souls flying in the air. And there is no such thing as soul, its actually called conscience since we think and act by ourselves and if souls existed they would be empty life form things which is very unlogical because a body or lifeform can not live without organs that they need. Same thing with ghosts. So how is this possible? It isn't. THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

That is not a valid point, you have no way of proving that souls do not exist, and that is an entirely other debate. With your logic, you say "And there is no such thing as soul" then use that as an argument against ghosts. That is like someone saying "Other planets don`t have life" and using that as an argument against the existence of aliens. You have no evidence to support your example, therefore eliminating your entire argument.

So this is the part where you completely destroy his arguement by posting irefutable evidence of souls right? The onus is on the person suggesting the idea that there is something to provide evidence which can then be debated by someone who disagrees, in the absence of any evidence (having a friend of a friend's cousin see a shadow doesn't count) then there is little else to say. Its far from a decent arguement I grant you but without any evidence to the contary theres nothing to show how inadequate it is.

Just continued with the souls thing due to the idea that there is a link between to.

« Last edited by super craig on Mar 4th 2010 »
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

SomeWhere Posted: 10:45 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810259
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
And he probably didn't even read my entire post either. Great show of ignorance and laziness.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
vesper Posted: 11:54 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810282
vesper
+
Do you believe in ghosts???
Nice question.
All you ghost believers out there can somebody tell me what the f**k is a ghost?

Think about this----
How can we see objects?
Light falls on those objects and reflects to our eyes.What I'm trying to say is that if you see a ghost that means there is something on which light is falling.So "ghost" you see is nothing supernatural,it's has some mass and you can touch it,kick it,punch it and even f*** with it.And so not only you if there's a ghost others around you can see it.

If you see something moving by itself what does it mean??It means that it is a life form.So if you see a "GHOST" moving then you can understand that it is nothing but a life form bearing some similarities and dissimilarities with the physical appearance of the humans.And even if it is your enemy you can kill it if you're strong enough.

SHADOWS IN THE BASEMENT,HUH.
that means something is blocking the path of light.Find that 'something' and you have your ghost.

AND I don't believe in Good Or Evil energy,God or the Devil because they are so not scientific. Thats just totally crap.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
SomeWhere Posted: 12:19 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810297
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
Good argument there. Does ghosts have a mass? No, don't think so. They are supposedly to float around in air.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 13:08 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810304
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
YoSoyJu said:
CRAZY CHEATS said:Time for a Crazy Cheats Crazy Theory!
(Read this, not my idea)

That doesn't explain the common claim of non-corporeal beings.

Maybe I didn't explain that enough....
Basically, the the universe rips and bends in one place, and someone walks through this rip, and due to the interconnected rip/bend, they appear in a different time zone, and people in the later time zone see the person, and think it's a ghost.
Hmm, still not a very good explanation....
Now known as
YoSoyJu Posted: 15:28 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810353
YoSoyJu
+
CRAZY CHEATS said:Maybe I didn't explain that enough....
Basically, the the universe rips and bends in one place, and someone walks through this rip, and due to the interconnected rip/bend, they appear in a different time zone, and people in the later time zone see the person, and think it's a ghost.
Hmm, still not a very good explanation....

I understand what you are saying, but the laws of physics do not allow for any such thing. Granted, travel between universes is possible in a multiverse, but it would be physical travel. Also the energies needed for such an occurrence are so high, whatever was trying to travel would likely be destroyed in the process.

Also, read vesper's post. I think it shows how ghosts are not possible.
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 15:45 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810365
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
Well, presumably Ghosts do not neccessarily follow the same principals of science, or else they would not be able to move through walls.
Now known as
YoSoyJu Posted: 15:51 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810370
YoSoyJu
+
CRAZY CHEATS said:Well, presumably Ghosts do not neccessarily follow the same principals of science, or else they would not be able to move through walls.

You don't get it. It is impossible to see them if they do not have mass. Reflected light entering our eyes is how we see.

There are only two options when seeing a ghost: it has mass and light is bouncing off the surface of that mass or it's your brain putting the image there (either via a misinterpretation like the many optical illusions or via hallucination).
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 15:55 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810373
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
Oh yeah.......
Hmmmmm.......
You win this round Ju.......
Now known as
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 19:20 Mar04 2010 Post ID: 2810474
darkraiarceus911
+
SomeWhere said:And he probably didn't even read my entire post either. Great show of ignorance and laziness.

I`d like to point out that Supercraig said "Its far from a decent arguement I grant you" Which in other words he doesn`t think your argument is very good either. He was pointing out that I need to have good evidence to truly refute your post, which is true, but you know that your argument was not valid by posting an assumption which led to another assumption. By assumption I mean your belief in the idea that souls do not exist, which you seem to think that your disbelief in souls is an irrefutable fact and can be used to debunk the possible existence of ghosts.

bowow Posted: 06:07 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814452
bowow
The Lizard King
+
I found this story on the internet.

More than a year after Pearl Harbour, American forces picked up a craft of their own design on the radar but approaching from Japan. Sending two pilots into the sky to tail the craft and investigate, they were shocked to discover a US aircraft used in the Pearl Harbour attacks.
It is then reported that the blood stained, sheet white pilot gave the investigators a wave before diving into the overcast clouds and sea and disappearing.

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 08:44 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814462
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
Can radar even pick up on what design the plane is? Especially in the 40s.
Now known as
bowow Posted: 08:55 Mar14 2010 Post ID: 2814466
bowow
The Lizard King
+
I don't thats what it just said in the story.

Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close