Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 231 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:35 Sep27 2020 Post ID: 3452381
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Atlanta is a disgrace. Every week it's a blown huge lead. Some of the worst playcalling I've ever seen, and it's been a multiyear probelm.

Philly is done as well. That last drive in overtime was absolutely despicable.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 19:32 Sep27 2020 Post ID: 3452382
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Atlanta should be 2-1, perhaps 3-0 considering they were hanging with Seattle late into 3rd. Horrible coaching. Keep the pedal to the metal. That's been there problem ever since the SB Loss.

I would say the Eagles are done, but in the NFC East WHERE THEY'RE ONLY HALF A GAME BACK AFTER NOT WINNING IN THE FIRST THREE WEEKS, I guess they aren't. XD XD XD
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:43 Sep27 2020 Post ID: 3452383
steelersrock01
+
There's a shot a team wins that division with 6 wins, I think. Crazy. Though I do think the Cowboys are better than their record and will go at least 8-8.
Matt77 Posted: 23:27 Sep27 2020 Post ID: 3452384
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Warrior, your Miami upset payed off, but not Minnesota. Mike, your Las Vegas upset fell through, but your Green Bay 'upset' worked. Dennis you also picked Las Vegas. My Green Bay 'upset' worked.

Lol Philly. They were at CIN 41 ready for a 56-yard FG attempt, but proceeded to give away 2 penalties and punted. Dallas have a 100% chance of winning that division, surely.

Nick Mullens has a lock on the backup job at SF, and will probably be off at the end of the season. 25/36 (69%) for 343 yards (13.7 yards per play), 1TD and 0INTs. And that was with key offensive players injured.

The dynasty continues.

Tennessee win ANOTHER close game. Soon they'll turn into Pittsburgh. Cousins is having a shocking year. Just 1 less INT, and they win that game.

Chase Young suffered a groin injury and was visibly upset in the locker room. Season over for Washington.

Buffalo lead 28-3 (lol) against LA Rams, only to fall behind 28-32. They then scored the game-winning TD.

Atlanta. *Facepalm*. They lead 26-10 and then had a FG attempt. Naturally they missed it, and allowed Chicago to score 20 unanswered points... forever a cursed team.

Dallas lead Seattle 31-30 late, then Seattle went up 38-31. Then Dak threw an end-zone INT when trying to tie the game up. Dak: 37/57 (65%) for 472 yards, 3TDs and 2INTs. Wilson: 27/40 (68%) for 315 yards, 5TDs and 0INTs.

Detroit came back from 20-23 down to shutout Arizona in the 4th quarter and win. Very surprising, but beautiful result.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 28th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:39 Sep28 2020 Post ID: 3452385
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
New England still look pretty good being led by Cam Newton. Rogers has upped his game knowing there is a young quarterback after his starting job. Reminds me of the Montana/Steve Young situation. Washington are still leading the NFC East, not sure how though lol.

I'm struggling with this competition, teams aren't performing like I am expecting. Warrior is only four behind me and I'm losing ground on Matt and Mike.

Warrior13 Posted: 05:40 Sep28 2020 Post ID: 3452386
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My Week 3 Losses Thoughts:

Minnesota and Atlanta should've won. They both are in bad shape.

I knew the Cardinals would drop an easy one at some point. No experience with killer instincts.

The Saints might be trouble too. The still gotta go to Tampa, and though the Falcons are floppers, they always play each other close and tough. They might be more like 11-5 if they don't figure it out.

Of course I pick the Panthers as upsets in Week 1 & 2, but they don't win until Week 3. Ugh.

Thus far, only one of my upsets have come through this year (Dolphins). Most are close, but my bad luck from last year continues. Hopefully that changes.
Sanzano Posted: 08:05 Sep28 2020 Post ID: 3452387
Sanzano
+
I also had the Falcons winning, espeically with two great recievers for Matt Ryan to hit. It will be interesting what happens to Minnesota and Cousins now. If you remember the Vikings believed they were one decent quarterback away from the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. They are now miles away with a quarterback who can't win against teams with winning records and can only put up stats in garbage football.

Green Bay could go all the way this year, looks like the team are rallying around Rogers. I wonder if they would pick up Beckham if the Browns get rid of him as rumoured. Would that make a Rogers happy?

Saints seem unable to win the tough games this season.

Bills are looking good, especially defensively.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:49 Sep28 2020 Post ID: 3452388
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I still worry about Green Bay. Thus far, the three teams they have defeated are a combined 2-7. They seemed in good shape last year, only to lose four games in which the other teams were way for physical than they. I wonder what will happen when they play a team like that; @ Bucs, @ 49ers, and @ Colts will be interesting to watch when they play them.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:35 Sep28 2020 Post ID: 3452389
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chiefs murdering at this point. Thought this one was gonna be close. lol
Warrior13 Posted: 20:38 Sep28 2020 Post ID: 3452390
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
New draft order, so why not do another mock? Matt is sure to love #1 Overall. lol

NYJ 1. Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson
CIN 2. Penei Sewell OT Oregon
NYG 3. Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
ATL 4. Justin Fields QB Ohio State
CAR 5. Micah Parsons LB Penn State
DEN 6. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama
MIN 7. Shaun Wade CB Ohio State
MIA 8. Carlos Basham Jr EDGE Wake Forest
DET 9. DeVonta Smith WR Alabama
JAX 10. Trey Lance QB North Dakota State
MIA 11. Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
WAS 12. Patrick Surtain CB Alabama
LAC 13. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State
PHI 14. Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
LV 15. Gregory Rousseau DE Miami (FL)
CLE 16. Dylan Moses LB Alabama
ARI 17. Jay Tufele DT USC
CHI 18. Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota
IND 19. Jevon Holland S Oregon
JAX 20. Walker Little OT Stanford
SF 21. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford
NE 22. TJ Vasher WR Texas Tech
TB 23. Travis Etienne RB Clemson
PIT 24. Christian Barmore DT Alabama
DAL 25. Hamsah Nasirildeen S Florida State
BUF 26. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL)
NO 27. Chris Olave WR Ohio State
TEN 28. Rondale Moore WR Purdue
GB 29. Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State
BAL 30. Caden Sterns S Texas
NYJ 31. Paris Ford S Pitt
KC 32. Kyle Pitts TE Florida
Matt77 Posted: 03:53 Sep29 2020 Post ID: 3452393
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Kansas City comfortably accounted for Baltimore away from home, 34-20. That was the 50/50 game I was tossing up. In the end I went with 'when in doubt go for the home team'. Well done Mike and Dennis on getting that upset right.

Lamar Jackson threw for 97 yards. This is a big issue. He doesn't play well in big games. After all, he is 0-2 in the playoffs.

Buffalo are still suspect to lapses. They lead 28-3, at home, in basically the identical fashion that Atlanta did in the SB (21-3 at HT and scored a TD on the opening drive in the 2nd half). While down 28-32 they received a lucky PI penalty, and Allen also converted a 4th and 8 on the final drive. Had they lost that game (as they should have), they may have never recovered. Inbetween their 2 TDs, it was 0-29.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 06:30 Sep29 2020 Post ID: 3452396
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chiefs are clearly the team to beat in the AFC. That game could come back to haunt the Raven in terms of playoff seedings. The Steelers should be smelling blood.
Matt77 Posted: 07:16 Sep29 2020 Post ID: 3452397
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It was an impressive response after scraping past LA Chargers in overtime. It's also clearly shown that Mahomes is a better QB than Jackson, despite the hype he receives. 385 yards > 97 yards.

My way-too early seedings:

1 - Kansas City
2 - Baltimore
3 - New England
4 - Tennessee
5 - Pittsburgh
6 - Buffalo
7 - Las Vegas
So close yet so far - Houston

1 - Green Bay
2 - Seattle
3 - Tampa Bay
4 - Dallas
5 - San Francisco
6 - New Orleans
7 - LA Rams
So close yet so far - Arizona

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:08 Sep29 2020 Post ID: 3452398
steelersrock01
+
Jackson has trouble in big games. He's a great player and really dynamic but he's also only 23 - I think he'll take some time before he really matures. It seems like the Chiefs are far and away the best team in the league, and I'm predicting a KC vs Green Bay or Seattle super bowl. But it's still early so anything can happen.

I heard something that the Jets will fire Gase after Thursday's game if they lose, which they should've done last year. He's definitely part of Darnold's problem, but they've gotta be thinking Lawrence is their guy at #1. I think their biggest obstacle will be the Giants thinking the same thing.

It's really funny to me that the Bears are 3-0 but are being treated as a 1-2 or 0-3 team. They've got some weak wins, but they still have a great defense and if Foles can be as competent as a starter as he is as a backup I can see them squeezing out 10 wins. Maybe they can run a scheme where Trubisky plays the first 3 quarters and gets them down by 10 and then Foles can come in for the 4tth and they'll win every game.

What a career Foles has had.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:21 Sep29 2020 Post ID: 3452399
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I still think the Super Bowl will be Chiefs/Bucs. Brady should be grooving by then. The Packers/Bucs Game in a few weeks should be a good indicator.

It will be interesting to see what the Giants or Jets do if they do get the #1 Pick. Do they trade out for riches? Or do they give up on their young signal callers for the best QB prospect since Luck?

The Bears are a weird team. Can't do anything until the end of the game. Don't know if that has more to do with them or if it has more to do with the collapse of the Lions & Falcons.
Sanzano Posted: 01:25 Sep30 2020 Post ID: 3452400
Sanzano
+
I make you right Warrior13, I go with the Chiefs V Bucs in the Super Bowl. I didn't realise the Bucs run defense was so good and Brady is beginning to gel with his new team. The Chiefs though with Mahommes look unstoppable. They easily dominated the Ravens.

I didn't realise Jeff Okuda was so good, best cornerback I've seen since Dion Sanders. I now see why he went so high up in the draft.

Chase Young has a groin injury, looks like another loss for Washington this week as the opponents can now double team Sweat.

Matt77 Posted: 11:30 Sep30 2020 Post ID: 3452401
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
BREAKING NEWS (real breaking news this time) - Pittsburgh @ Tennessee has been postponed.

Mike - Good thing that NY Jets are playing Denver with no Drew Lock. They'll probably win and ensure that Gase stays on for a few more weeks. The longer he stays, the further NY Jets fall into oblivion.

Warrior - NY Giants could be excused for moving on from Jones, simply because his ceiling isn't as high as other 1st rounders. But NY Jets should not do it. They got Darnold in a draft where he was believed to be the best QB prospect in years, and now they may replace him with a guy believed to be the best QB prospect in years. In 4 years' time they may replace Lawrence with a guy believed to be the best QB prospect in years.

Dennis - I'm not too sure about Tampa Bay. They lost to the 1-2 Saints, and their wins have been Carolina and a Lock-less Denver. Brady's performance has continued on from his last year at NE. They need to prove that they can beat good teams first.

My tips are in. I went with 1 upset pick, but was very tempted by 2 others.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 30th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:49 Sep30 2020 Post ID: 3452402
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not news. Probably just gonna have two Monday Night Games. *Yawn*

No way the Jets would pass on Lawrence. They would deal Darnold and draft him 100%.

I went real conservative this week. Two upsets by the site we use.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 30th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:27 Sep30 2020 Post ID: 3452403
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The problem is that if NY Jets do draft Lawrence, he comes into an awful team, and they can't use their #1 pick on another position. Pick 33 would be handy, but they need a lot of players to rebuild the team.

If I were them, I would convince other teams that they are interested in Lawrence, and then trade down to a desperate team and get a crapload of draft picks to build around Darnold, under a competent head coach too.

The NFL have warned that there may be suspensions and loss of draft picks if team personnel on the sidelines don't wear masks. I thought $100,000 fines were extremely excessive for the 3 coaches who forgot to wear one, but this is a whole new level.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 30th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:26 Oct01 2020 Post ID: 3452404
Sanzano
+
I have two upsets as well according to the site.

A bit worrying that Pittsburgh V Titans has been postponed, is this a sign of things to come? If too many game get postponed and there is a backlog the season will be canceled. The reason being the NFL will miss their TV slots and no live crowd coupled with no TV there is no other option.

I still expect the Saints to come on strong down the stretch now with Michael Thomas back.

Brady has weapons around him in Tampa Bay, all he has to do is play conservative and manage those tools around him and the Bucs should win their fair share of games.

Rumour about the Jets moving on from Darnold has been going around for some time. The same thing is happening now to Mayfield in Cleveland. Looks like Josh Allen is going to come through as the best quarterback from that draft which was supposed to be the best since 1984...

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 1st 2020 »

Displaying Page 231 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close