Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 83 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 00:03 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440915
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
It?s real late. lol

XD XD XD
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
FreezShock Posted: 00:08 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440919
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
I'm just confused now.

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Warrior13 Posted: 00:13 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440921
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Who isnt? Just go with it. XD
FreezShock Posted: 00:23 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440925
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
Should I whistle? That way I'll like, really blend in, y'know?

NO! Don't whistle! It's not The Andy Griffith Show!

Warrior13 Posted: 00:35 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440931
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Whistle. Do it.
FreezShock Posted: 00:59 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440932
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
WhistleWhistleWhistle

Did I do good?

Warrior13 Posted: 04:07 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440939
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Very good. ;)

As for the Vikings... I think they have the toughest slot. Odds are they are going to face Panthers or Saints, two teams they already faced during the year.
Sanzano Posted: 08:10 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440952
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I hear what you're saying Warrior13, I think I'd take either the Saints or Panthers over the Vikings. I personally think the Vikings are one and done.

Rumours are circulating that the Redskins may be trying to pick up Alex Smith of the Chiefs once Cousins walks. The team has a cap of 53 million and keeping Cousins would mean spending 34 million of it. The other option I keep hearing about is going with second string Colt McCoy and rolling the dice with the 2018 draft. The only problem with that is there are about six teams in front of the Redskins who are also looking for a quarterback in the draft so unless the Redskins trade up they've got no chance of getting a future franchise player.

It will be interesting to see what eventually happens to Cousins, this is the first time since Peyton Manning that an 'elite' (I don't think he is myself) quarterback has entered free agency. I'm now leaning towards the Redskins getting rid of him as he can't win the big game when it matters, he's one of these players that accumulates impressive stats during garbage time football. It's a shame the Washington didn't do some kind of trade with him last year when there were all sorts of options available, it's criminal that he walks away for nothing...

Matt77 Posted: 08:12 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440953
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
You always seem to post right at the same time as I'm typing mine :p

I read more and more about people critisising Cousins for not performing in the big time, much like you suggested, and I'm afraid they're right. Cousins is a solid starting QB who should make the Pro Bowl one day (just remembered he already has made it), and he will get you above 6-10 every season, but he won't get you into playoffs consistently. Disgustingly, everyone seems to think Denver are a good fit for him. Denver are just awful. That 'elite' defense got exposed to a 50-burger, and had some shockers including a 9-35 loss to the 6-10 Dolphins. Cousins will walk now, or he'll get waived. Both parties are ready to move on. I think Arizona are a really good fit for Cousins, and surprisingly Arizona were an 8-8 team despite some poor form early in the season. A better QB could've picked up wins against Washington and Houston and given them a 10-6 record and possibly a playoff birth. Remember, Arizona finished 8-8, without David Johnson, and with a poorer Carson Palmer, Blaine Gabbert, & Drew Stanton, and beat Tennessee, Jacksonville, & Seattle.

Alex Smith would be a good pickup (read below), but with the awful WR crop Washington has, he may struggle like Cousins did at times. They're better off getting a QB in the draft and starting their backup, or perhaps trade for a different QB (who is younger than Smith). Unfortunately no matter what happens, at some stage either next season or in a few seasons time Washington will have a few 4-12 seasons and return to the bottom of the NFC East, so they're better off to get it over with sooner rather than later.

On a side note, since it hasn't been talked about here yet, who's your MVP pick?

There's been a lot of talk about Gurley (???) winning it, but to me it makes little sense. If you're looking for the best player naturally it has to usually be a QB, unless a RB or WR puts up absolutely insane numbers. If you're actually looking at the most valuable player, he's up there but no-where near Russel Wilson. Not that I'm saying Wilson will win the MVP, but he is clearly without a doubt the most valuable player in the NFL. Seattle are a 3-13 team without him. The MVP seems to just be the 'best player' award.

For me Wentz was always the man until his injury. We've seen now that despite playing around a lot of talent he is extremely important to the team and without him they are actually a pretty bad team. Realistically it's unlikely, but he is still in contention. He would've sat the week 17 game if healthy, so that's 2/16 full games missed only. Considering Brady's ugly 5-week patch, it opens a tiny chance for him.

Antonio Brown is a freak and deserved to be in the conversation, but I didn't think he had much of a chance, especially now that he missed the last 2 games.

I find it strange to think that Alex Smith isn't a top 3 candidate. He is apparently the 7th best QB (NFL writers are just awful sometimes) yet sports possibly the best stats in football.
26 TDs vs 5 INTs (1st)
67.5% completion rate (4th)
8.0 yard average (T-4th, T-2nd excluding Garoppolo & Watson)
Statistically he is the 3rd best quarterback in the game behind Brady & Wentz, yet is lower than Roethlisberger who is in SECOND (28:14 ratio???). Everyone seems to be so biased against Smith based on past seasons, but quite simply Alex Smith the game manager is dead and buried, and only surfaced from the grave for a few weeks only to be sent back down again. There's a reason he was everyone's MVP pick 5 weeks in.

For me it simply has to be Tom Brady, even if it's partly an accumulation of past seasons where he's narrowly lost. Last season he threw 2 interceptions in the regular season but only lost because Atlanta were the 2nd best offense in history (points for-wise) and Ryan had a blinder of a year, and because he missed 4 games due to the NFL thinking Brady may have possibly cheated, with from what I can tell very little evidence. However, the 5 week patch he's just had have made it a little less than a certainty.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 5th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 09:23 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440959
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: I agree, I do not see the Vikings making it to the NFC Championship. As for Alex Smith to the Redskins, I have heard the same rumors. I dont necessarily think that would be the best idea since Smith wont get you anywhere, but he is much cheaper and can hold down the fort while the Skins groom a young QB. If Smith goes to DC, I have a feeling Cousins will sign with the Cardinals. They have everything else in place for him to succeed.

Matt: No doubt, Brady is the MVP. Perhaps if Wentz didnt get hurt, but that isnt the case.
FreezShock Posted: 09:54 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440964
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
Maybe the Vikes don't advance, but the game will be hecka close. I mean, I'm pretty sure they face the Saints, who they've already beaten, and if they do face Carolina, they can win. Pretty boy's miracle run was really just a big fat HOLD. I mean, did you SEE the replay?

Russell Wilson was amazing in my fantasy leauge, he got 25-35 points every week, quite impressive. Then again, Gurley gave my dad an extra 50 points the last two weeks of fantasy football to boost him into first place lol

Colt McCoy is solid. You've got to know that some years won't turn out, maybe set up for a new QB like you said, Dennis.

FreezShock Posted: 18:55 Jan06 2018 Post ID: 3441014
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
Hah, I KNEW the Titans would win!

I decided my picks this morning: Titans, Rams, Saints, and Jaguars.

Warrior13 Posted: 19:00 Jan06 2018 Post ID: 3441015
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Andy Reid must be fired. Marvin Lewis Jr.
Matt77 Posted: 19:34 Jan06 2018 Post ID: 3441026
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It wasn't quite 28-3, but KC gave up a 21-3 lead (along with a 3rd and Goal dropped INT that lead to Mariota throwing himself a TD) to lose 21-22. Looks like Tennessee have found form at the right time. Too bad they'll get murdered next week :(

Still sticking with LA Rams even though Atlanta could definitely win. It's rare to see 2 upsets on wildcard weekend. The game's started with LA punting from around their 40, Atlanta punting from around their 10, and on and on.

Nevermind lol. LA are going to choke under pressure. Muffed a punt return and gave Atlanta a free trip right over the other side of the field.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 6th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

FreezShock Posted: 19:46 Jan06 2018 Post ID: 3441034
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
I'm sticking with LAR, Tennessee was my only upset.

Matt77 Posted: 20:02 Jan06 2018 Post ID: 3441039
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've made a big mistake. Atlanta 6-0 and deep into LA territory.

Unless, however, Atlanta choke. They shouldn't do that now should they?

If they win tonight they are straight into the NFC Championship game.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 6th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

FreezShock Posted: 22:48 Jan06 2018 Post ID: 3441049
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
Well, I guess it's Vikes vs Falcons in the NFC Championship... oh right, some nerds think it'll be the Saints...

I'm 1-1 now.

Matt77 Posted: 02:57 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441072
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol Atlanta @ Philly & Carolina @ Minnesota, and Buffalo @ New England & Tennessee @ Pittsburgh sounds reasonable now.

Atlanta @ Carolina NFChoke Championship game
Buffalo @ Tennessee AFC Championship game

Buffalo v Atlanta SB. Atlanta have a 28-3 lead and let Buffalo get to 31-28, but then Tyrod Taylor throws what looks like a pick-6 to end the game. However, Atlanta unexpectidly drop the ball right before making it to the endzone and Atlanta lose.

I'm sorry, it had to be done xD

0-2 start to playoffs. Tempted to change my tip to Buffalo.

ViolinViolinViolin

FreezShock Posted: 08:53 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441078
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
That would be interesting for sure. Imagine the Titans or Bills actually getting in a hot streak lol

Warrior13 Posted: 09:09 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441080
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Titans are not capable of doing such a thing. If the Chiefs would have just run Hunt in the second half, they would have salted the game away just enough to win since the Titans have zero home run hitters.
Displaying Page 83 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close