Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Please Explain

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Matt77 Posted: 22:26 Jun16 2017 Post ID: 3434314
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
So everyone knows that in the not too distant past women were often used as sexual props in TV shows but mostly movies right? Feminists rightfully complained about this to the disappointment of men and wanted this to stop. It pretty much has I'd say. The risk of being attacked by feminists is one people are weary of.

So, after all of these people complained and saw this as gender discrimination, suggesting that women are only good for their looks, the whole concept is turned on its head. These days it's men being used. At any opportunity film makers will get them to go shirtless. Now, instead of women complaining, they are over the moon with this result, because just ask yourself, how many articles do you see talking about discrimination against men compared to discrimination of women in the film industry?

Also now if men complain about this they will just be seen as jealous sexist pigs. Women complain about it and they're seen as a justice hero. But how many are complaining?

I think many people forget that as a result of the fight against sexism, the tables have turned, and it is now actually men who are the most discriminated. Many people see this as revenge; 'if we experienced this so can you'. But if someone killed a loved one in a car crash, would you find them and kill them? Perhaps, but is that going to bring your loved one back? No, it's going to send you to prison for years.

In Neighbors, an Australian soap opera that I watch with the family every weeknight, there are at least 4 guys who are seen shirtless in probably 10% of their scenes. Any chance the producers can make them get their shirts off, they take it. And the number of times you see women in bikinis is significantly lower.

The most recent movie I watched as you know was Wonder Woman. There was a scene early on in the movie where, of course, the main guy character was totally naked. Not that you saw everything, but what's the point of doing this? To appeal to a certain target audience? Of course, that makes perfect sense. But do you see any movies where women are seen totally naked? I doubt it.

Ridiculous.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 16th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted: 11:33 Jun17 2017 Post ID: 3434317
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Was it Chris Pine?

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Matt77 Posted: 21:44 Jun17 2017 Post ID: 3434330
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yep.

ViolinViolinViolin

Spoiler:
click to reveal

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Craizen Posted: 12:18 Jun18 2017 Post ID: 3434345
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Alright going to wonder woman for Chris Pine butt.

And it's more like we've gotten past the point where women were JUST eye candy. (Well not entirely but in like main medias, real bugdget medias)) Idk how many times I've seen Danerys naked in GoT but it's general plot related but she doesn't feel sexual, she feels Powerful, and that's a key difference. Including eye candy in movies is a thing and will a be thing but not needed. Also guys are less likely to complain about shirtless guys or guy butts in movies because they aren't as uncomfortable with that or simply, don't care because they aren't in the same power struggle with this as women were, or are. And most guys won't start complaining until they one too many *****, ((which is usually well, one lol)). And from the gay persepective it's more of an eye candy thing most aren't gonna complain about until it's not plot related or just excessive.

tl;dr Eye candy is getting more so both ways and women are being written at least a little better
Matt77 Posted: 19:05 Jun18 2017 Post ID: 3434351
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think there's nothing wrong with a little eye candy too, but it is just used so excessively nowadays. In Wonder Woman it was very fine but what the heck is the plot in Magic Mike movies? Never seen them but all I know is that they just grabbed all the good-looking guys they could get, and made them take their shirts off for many scenes of the movies. If they're doing this to appeal to straight women and gay men, what about the straight men and gay women? Where's their Magic Melissa?

ViolinViolinViolin

danielroxheaps Posted: 20:56 Jun18 2017 Post ID: 3434354
danielroxheaps
Post Likes: 250
+
I'm glad how this pisses someone else off as much as me.

This seems to be the problem in most situations. A woman can hit a guy, even with an object, and nobody will care, but if a guy even lightly pokes a woman, he seems to be the bad guy.

It also realllllllllllllly angers me when people say "- because they think women can't do it".
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/i...roxheaps
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/use...roxheaps
To find me on any other website just look for the user "danielroxheaps"

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
Matt77 Posted: 02:21 Jun19 2017 Post ID: 3434362
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It doesn't really **** me off as much as you. It annoys me a bit but occasionally the 'eye candy' does its job. I was mainly making the argument that pretty much all my guy friends make. THEY get seriously ****** off at it.

ViolinViolinViolin

testuser Posted: 04:55 Jun19 2017 Post ID: 3434367
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
balthiersbit said:Was it Chris Pine?

Easy Tiger....

Yes the idea of eye candy is annoying but its always been there and alway will in some form. Socially accepted beauty will factor in the success of actors, musicians and many other professions with a strong public image. THankfully opportunities are much more diverse now but humans are basically a simple breed and sex will always sell.

I don't like it, but mainly as I have young kids and I don't like them growing up with the pressure that they should look like a Gadot or a Pine and to be successful they need to be looking to find a partner along the same lines. But I know that most people don't end up like that and they see enough diversity on TV these days and in life that I believe they will understand the difference.

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Matt77 Posted: 09:28 Jun19 2017 Post ID: 3434372
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think there are plenty out there that will sacrifice a spec of self-esteem just to see some good-looking people. What I find stupid is when they try to make certain characters eye-candy but doesn't work at all, at least in my opinion. If you're going to do it, do it less, and when you do do it, make it good.

And lol I was meant to call Momma a cougar but forgot. He's right up her ally; at 36 he's only a few years older than Momma.

Get your @ss back here balthiersbit

ViolinViolinViolin

danielroxheaps Posted: 18:40 Jun19 2017 Post ID: 3434380
danielroxheaps
+
But this is why shows like "Women who kill" exist. So that is shows women can be worse than men.

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
Matt77 Posted: 19:44 Jun19 2017 Post ID: 3434385
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I agree in everyday life women can be as bad. Feminists wanted equality, but it never happened. It's now women who are superior in many ways. There's still the pay gap which makes no sense, but instead of focusing totally on equality for women, they should remember the men.

ViolinViolinViolin

danielroxheaps Posted: 20:47 Jun19 2017 Post ID: 3434389
danielroxheaps
+
The "equality" they wanted wasn't actually equal. If what they wanted happened, women would have more rights than men.

KingofCorn Posted: 00:44 Jun20 2017 Post ID: 3434395
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Dang Matt how many red pills did you take? The pay gap is fictional and illegal. Women get less hours and work way way way safer jobs than men.
Matt77 Posted: 03:50 Jun20 2017 Post ID: 3434404
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'm talking about when the man and woman work the same job, for the same hours, for the same company, in the same building, and get different salaries.

ViolinViolinViolin

KingofCorn Posted: 18:30 Jun20 2017 Post ID: 3434420
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
If one has more experience they could make more money. Otherwise it's illegal.
danielroxheaps Posted: 18:37 Jun20 2017 Post ID: 3434422
danielroxheaps
+
I agree. The more time you spend at that job the more money you should get.

KingofCorn Posted: 23:11 Jun20 2017 Post ID: 3434431
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
That's how Walmart is. $0.25 raise annually. $0.50 raise for specialty positions. Some people have been there 20 years and are making like $22 an hour.
MohNaj Posted: 23:49 Jun20 2017 Post ID: 3434434
MohNaj
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 21
+
so is $22 bucks an hour good?

Also someone pls explain what the guy with the ninja avatar was saying, but explain it like you would to a 10 year old. i'm too lazy to process complicated things lol

« Last edited by MohNaj on Jun 20th 2017 »
[quote]
Spynxx said: So now the US, and the rest of us are stuck with a giant orange orangutan ooompa loompa in charge.
Matt77 Posted: 00:47 Jun21 2017 Post ID: 3434437
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's still a bit long but slightly shortened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone knows women used to be discriminated. Because of this feminists complained and put a stop to it.

The concept of discrimination against women has now switched to men. Film makers look for any opportunity to show a man shirtless. Because of this women aren't complaining as they get their men to look at. They are slightly hypocritical.

If men complain about sex discrimination they are seen as sexists, but if women complain they are seen as heroes, which is not fair.

Many women see this as a way of revenge, 'because we suffered you will too'. But revenge is not a great option.

In an Australian soap opera there are shirtless men left right and centre. It's ridiculous. This contributes almost nothing to the storylines.

In Wonder Woman one of two central characters (male) is shown completely naked, and his hand is the only thing covering his you know what. This isn't that bad when you think about it; it's just to attract the audience of straight women and gay men. But these days women are shown totally naked very scarcely. Where's the equality? What about poor straight men and gay women?

ViolinViolinViolin

KingofCorn Posted: 13:33 Jun21 2017 Post ID: 3434450
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
That's what video games are for.

Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close