Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Fan Fiction Academy

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 10 of 14
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Last     Previous | Next
the_ff_master Posted: 11:36 Oct26 2005 Post ID: 489373
the_ff_master
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
I got some info from someone who told me about something, really helped. :P
Philosification of life: How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist...
I´m sorry...

http://forums.supercheats.c...ic=33964

screencheat2 Posted: 20:21 Oct26 2005 Post ID: 490474
screencheat2
+
Does anyone when teh homework for BW is due?
FFN account with some stories. ._. People say they're pretty good, so check them out! Please? *puppy eyes*
"Instant failure, just add Michael!" - Dani
TestVirus101 Posted: 00:28 Oct27 2005 Post ID: 490778
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
I don't know Screencheat.
screencheat2 Posted: 06:19 Oct27 2005 Post ID: 490999
screencheat2
+
Wait, never mind. I found out.
FFN account with some stories. ._. People say they're pretty good, so check them out! Please? *puppy eyes*
shiny zapdos Posted: 16:55 Nov01 2005 Post ID: 500905
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
Hellooooooooooooo! Good work on the prior assignment, but I'm currently under the influence of Norwegian Death Metal, so here's another one for you:

"I'm very bored," said Lisa, who was reading a large book.

^ I'd like you all to write me that sentence, using as much vocabulary and skill as you can.
gogobananas Posted: 04:49 Nov02 2005 Post ID: 501386
gogobananas
+
May as well be a teachers pet and be the first to answer- Lisa, who was reading a large, leatherbound book in the far corner of the classroom said, "I'm quite bored, nothing interesting ever happens in this class."
screencheat2 Posted: 07:04 Nov02 2005 Post ID: 501439
screencheat2
+
Lisa, sitting in a leather chair, legs on the table while reading a delightful book said, "I wish something abnormal happened to take me out of boredom."
shiny zapdos Posted: 13:47 Nov02 2005 Post ID: 501731
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
Classy guys, very good indeed. MSN's gay. =( But anyway, I'll wait for a few more sentences, and I'll show you how I'd write it.
TestVirus101 Posted: 23:28 Nov02 2005 Post ID: 502313
TestVirus101
+
Lisa frowned, she was tired, not tired in the way that she was sleepy but tired of the teacher and her boring questions, she flipped pages in her book until she came to the end, she let out a light sigh and turned toward the boy next to her, "I'm very bored" she said flatly, yawning as she did so.
gogobananas Posted: 05:19 Nov03 2005 Post ID: 502395
gogobananas
+
you all trying to out class me hey? typical, teachers pets!
shiny zapdos Posted: 13:44 Nov03 2005 Post ID: 502862
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
Lol@Lucas. =P

OK, here's my sentence, and its justifications.

Perusing a weighted, leather-bound tale, the like of which mentioned the utilisation of strange mystical items and the destruction of varied cultures, the young girl yawned loudly, and slammed the book down with an air of resentment and a sickening force at its exhausting interior. Uttering fury at her extreme boredom, she wandered to the shelf, and plucked another supposedly fascinating article from its mysterious depths.

That's my sentence. Long, I know - but effective regardless. Why? Well, think about it. Everything is described and personified; the bookcase is given an element of interest, the book itself entails fantasy, the like of which is often so far from reality it's strangely calming, and it doesn't actually mention the female's name - only that she was reading to escape her boredom. It leaves you wondering who this young girl is, and allows for tension to be built up in the most rudimentary of activities, like reading.

Do we like the random translation of sentences, by the way - or is there anything else you consider more effective? Because I'd like some feedback on my teaching skills, if you'd like me to change them in any way, shape or form.
joslifer1 Posted: 21:12 Nov03 2005 Post ID: 503348
joslifer1
Forum GuestMember
+
I like your way. Since you've already given the sentence, I have no real inspiration, nor any reason to give it a whack.
General, if you're not using it, could I have the army for a few days?
TestVirus101 Posted: 01:58 Nov04 2005 Post ID: 503631
TestVirus101
+
It was good, but I was under the impression we had to include dialogue.
the_ff_master Posted: 10:15 Nov05 2005 Post ID: 505567
the_ff_master
Forum GuestMember
+
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. *Realises I missed a lesson.* Crap! *Runs out before Holly can yell "DETENTION!"*
Philosification of life: How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist...
I´m sorry...

http://forums.supercheats.c...ic=33964

Gigarookie Posted: 12:27 Nov05 2005 Post ID: 505786
Gigarookie
Forum GuestMember
+
On 04-Nov-2005 TestVirus101 said:It was good, but I was under the impression we had to include dialogue.
Don't restrict yourself to the example. She doesn't want you to plug as many words as possible into the sentance she gave you, she wants to see something completely different, and original.
You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same.
shiny zapdos Posted: 16:30 Nov06 2005 Post ID: 508216
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
*Kicks James' arse* DETENTION! =P

And precisely, Giga. I never mentioned restrictions, because fanfics aren't under controlled conditions - they're about making the most of the material you've presented yourselves with. If you want to write thoughts and background, then do so. It's your writing, not mine. I'm only here to help. Bear in mind Jordan that there WAS dialogue there - it doesn't have to be in speech marks. A lack of conformity exhibits dormant potential.

And with that in mind... let's try this again, and this time boys, the sky is truly the limit. I want a paragraph from a sentence. I want emotion where there isn't necessarily any. There's no rules, apart from not utilising a dictionary or thesaurus, so do the best you can, alright? I'm not about to insult your intelligence, I just need to assess your skills.

The thing to remember is that I need to analyse your character here. We all possess different personalities that shine through in all we do, including writing, so if you're better at humour than drama, make your extract humourous, not dramatic. The idea, at the start of learning, is to acknowledge what you already have, then you can improve on your weaknesses.

OK, a characteristic, detailed and structured paragraph, boys. Any queries? No? Good. =P

"Damn, I am SO hungry!" Whined the child.

You know what to do, guys, so impress me! I'm going to start rating you from here on in, and trying to improve on your details and the suchlike. It's not to patronise, it's to assist. If you detest and/or find my teaching pathetic, please inform me.
screencheat2 Posted: 17:14 Nov06 2005 Post ID: 508296
screencheat2
+
The child, named Felix, walked around the house. Oh my god, why isn't there anything to do in this dull house? Felix goes to the ordinary television and turns it to the Food Channel. "Holy crap. Those people sure know how to make some great food." Then, his stomach starts to growl. "Mom! Can you make me something to eat? I'm starving!" There isn't an answer. "O wait, I forgot. Mom isn't here. This sucks, I have to get up and make myself some freaking food." Felix gets up and goes to the kitchen. He starts to look through the empty cabins for some food. "God, doesn't this house have some damn food?" Felix decides to give up and goes back to the t.v. "Screw it, I'll just starve myself to death until mom gets back with some food." He then picks up the remote control and flicks through the channels.
shiny zapdos Posted: 17:33 Nov06 2005 Post ID: 508338
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
On 06-Nov-2005 screencheat2 said:The child, named Felix, walked around the house. Oh my god, why isn't there anything to do in this dull house? Felix goes to the ordinary television and turns it to the Food Channel. "Holy crap. Those people sure know how to make some great food." Then, his stomach starts to growl. "Mom! Can you make me something to eat? I'm starving!" There isn't an answer. "O wait, I forgot. Mom isn't here. This sucks, I have to get up and make myself some freaking food." Felix gets up and goes to the kitchen. He starts to look through the empty cabins for some food. "God, doesn't this house have some damn food?" Felix decides to give up and goes back to the t.v. "Screw it, I'll just starve myself to death until mom gets back with some food." He then picks up the remote control and flicks through the channels.
Lol, I like it. Would you like me to be REALLY critical and comment on grammatical use, or just with the language?
Gigarookie Posted: 17:59 Nov06 2005 Post ID: 508371
Gigarookie
Forum GuestMember
+
lol Could the language be considered 'restricting himself to your example?' XP
You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same.
screencheat2 Posted: 18:33 Nov06 2005 Post ID: 508425
screencheat2
+
I will go with really critical and comment on grammatical use.
Displaying Page 10 of 14
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 254789

Post Top
Click to close