Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Do you belive ghosts

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
poleio Posted: 11:59 May17 2009 Post ID: 2622111
poleio
Post Likes: 0
+
I kinda do the idea of something roaming around doing what it was supposed to do because that it came a ghost but it is pretty possible
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
City of Wonder Posted: 09:59 May18 2009 Post ID: 2623111
City of Wonder
+
I believe in rhyme and reason, and if ghosts exist, there is absolutely no rhyme and reason to it.

For all you ghost believers out there, here are some compelling questions. But before I begin, I will say that many people who believe in ghosts have never seen one. So this content, then, is directed towards them. I'm not going to convince a person, who believes he saw a ghost, that
ghosts do not exist. This is for believers who have never seen a ghost or apparition.

If ghosts exist...ever wonder why the only places they haunt are either old Victorian mansions, prisons, abandoned farm houses or other abandoned buildings, graveyards, and places where deaths have occurred such as bridges, old country roads and houses? Don't you find this a bit odd? How come hospitals aren't infested with ghosts? Lots of people die in hospitals.

Many people die on the streets in car wrecks. You'd think that ghosts would be appearing left and right on major highways and intersections.

And when ghosts do appear, why do they always seem to be from a specific era of time, namely, the 19th and 18th centuries? Or earlier, but not too early? In other words, the apparitions wear clothes indicative of these particular centuries.

Where are all the ghosts of times going much further back, when men and women wore animal skins? Why don't we see ghosts of people who lived 10,000 years ago? Why don't we see ghosts of cavemen? Why don't we see ghosts of modern man, like the ghost of someone wearing bell bottoms yielding a peace sign?

Why do ghosts run the moment we see them? Are they afraid of us, like we're going to kill them? Why don't ghosts ever appear before huge crowds of people? Ever wonder why child ghosts are always spotted disappearing around a corner? Or scurrying away to a room, never to be seen after that? Is this the typical behavior of children? I'd think that even in ghost form, a child would want to come up to adults and interact.
MSN: [email protected]

His Royal Highness Utterly Awesome CoW I, who rules over the City of Wonder, posted the last message of 2009 and is now known as Mootilator.
Volke Posted: 11:29 May18 2009 Post ID: 2623132
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
I don't believe in ghosts. Besides from City of Wonder's very (and humorously) valid points, I'm going to go ahead and say that all filming and photographs containing ghosts and people who have 'seen' them either currently reside in a phsychiatric ward or have been arrested for taking magic mushrooms.
.Rath Posted: 17:22 May31 2009 Post ID: 2633715
.Rath
+
On 18-May-2009 City of Wonder said:I believe in rhyme and reason, and if ghosts exist, there is absolutely no rhyme and reason to it.

For all you ghost believers out there, here are some compelling questions. But before I begin, I will say that many people who believe in ghosts have never seen one. So this content, then, is directed towards them. I'm not going to convince a person, who believes he saw a ghost, that
ghosts do not exist. This is for believers who have never seen a ghost or apparition.

If ghosts exist...ever wonder why the only places they haunt are either old Victorian mansions, prisons, abandoned farm houses or other abandoned buildings, graveyards, and places where deaths have occurred such as bridges, old country roads and houses? Don't you find this a bit odd? How come hospitals aren't infested with ghosts? Lots of people die in hospitals.

Many people die on the streets in car wrecks. You'd think that ghosts would be appearing left and right on major highways and intersections.

And when ghosts do appear, why do they always seem to be from a specific era of time, namely, the 19th and 18th centuries? Or earlier, but not too early? In other words, the apparitions wear clothes indicative of these particular centuries.

Where are all the ghosts of times going much further back, when men and women wore animal skins? Why don't we see ghosts of people who lived 10,000 years ago? Why don't we see ghosts of cavemen? Why don't we see ghosts of modern man, like the ghost of someone wearing bell bottoms yielding a peace sign?

Why do ghosts run the moment we see them? Are they afraid of us, like we're going to kill them? Why don't ghosts ever appear before huge crowds of people? Ever wonder why child ghosts are always spotted disappearing around a corner? Or scurrying away to a room, never to be seen after that? Is this the typical behavior of children? I'd think that even in ghost form, a child would want to come up to adults and interact.
Erm... I belive in them, but no havent seen anything in person.

Hospitals are haunted, not ALL of em but old hospitals arent haunted. Theroy is that the ghosts dont haunt where they died, but where they had a connection too, for example a Lighthouse keeper would haunt his lighthouse not his house.(bad example seeing as that was prob there house)

"Many people die on the streets in car wrecks. You'd think that ghosts would be appearing left and right on major highways and intersections. "
Woundet that mean that the cars would be haunted, not the highway?

Where are all the ghosts of times going much further back, when men and women wore animal skins? Back then they lived in Caves...doubt anyone has investigated a cave... im not saying there are cavemen ghosts, who knows, maybe there are.

Why do ghosts run the moment we see them? Are they afraid of us, like we're going to kill them? Why don't ghosts ever appear before huge crowds of people? Gather 20 of you're freinds and go to the stanley hotel or some haunted place...im sure youre gona see more than youre 19 freinds.

If youre a sceptic and feel that ghosts and such is BS...go to the Bachelor's Grove Cemetery,i dare you
[center]
super craig Posted: 08:33 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2634514
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 31-May-2009 .Rath said:Erm... I belive in them, but no havent seen anything in person.

Hospitals are haunted, not ALL of em but old hospitals arent haunted. Theroy is that the ghosts dont haunt where they died, but where they had a connection too, for example a Lighthouse keeper would haunt his lighthouse not his house.(bad example seeing as that was prob there house)

"Many people die on the streets in car wrecks. You'd think that ghosts would be appearing left and right on major highways and intersections. "
Woundet that mean that the cars would be haunted, not the highway?

Where are all the ghosts of times going much further back, when men and women wore animal skins? Back then they lived in Caves...doubt anyone has investigated a cave... im not saying there are cavemen ghosts, who knows, maybe there are.

Why do ghosts run the moment we see them? Are they afraid of us, like we're going to kill them? Why don't ghosts ever appear before huge crowds of people? Gather 20 of you're freinds and go to the stanley hotel or some haunted place...im sure youre gona see more than youre 19 freinds.

If youre a sceptic and feel that ghosts and such is BS...go to the Bachelor's Grove Cemetery,i dare you
Do you know how many people die each day? Combine that with all the people who have already died and the world would be chock full of ghosts, they'd be more ghosts that living people, you'd get fed up of seeing them. As for going to some haunted place theres always going to be someone who claims to see something, peoples minds just get the better of them, just watch Most Haunted or any of those types of shows, its all a load of rubbish.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

The Dragon Reaper Posted: 08:45 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2634518
The Dragon Reaper
+
I belive in ghost because i have seen,heard, and felt a ghost.
I seen a shadow in my basement where there are no windows, nobody was home but me.
I heard a ghost when i did my own EVP. And HE screamed my name.
I felt a ghost by it starring at me. Also it passed through me.

This all happened in 2 months. I still live in the house. So far no ghost signs.

[center][color=green]My Deviant Page: http://the-dragon-reaper.deviantart.com/
[center][color=purple][email protected] & [email protected] are my
[center][color=purple]messengers

CyberneticMooninite Posted: 21:39 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2635423
CyberneticMoon
inite
+
Not everyone turns into a ghost. Most of the time it's when someone was murdered or something and their spirit feels like they have unfinished business. Usually ghosts haunt places where terrible things have happened like a sanitarium or a prison because of the killings in the electric chair and such. I have heard stories of ghosts from modern times. I've heard of ghosts from WWI, WWII, and the Vietnam War. My family thinks our house is haunted by my grandfather, who died in 2002.
Meh.
Black Mamba 19 Posted: 14:15 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2635853
Black Mamba 19
+
If you ask me they're not ghosts, they're demons. They haunt the places where you know deaths have happened and other horrible things that would make you believe a ghost is there and that they exist. They like to play with your imagination and lead you to believe in false things. After all what do you expect of Satan's minions. We are battered with evil temptations every day all because Satan and his demons want us to stray off the path of good.

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

super craig Posted: 18:58 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636423
super craig
+
On 01-Jun-2009 CyberneticMooninite said:Not everyone turns into a ghost. Most of the time it's when someone was murdered or something and their spirit feels like they have unfinished business. Usually ghosts haunt places where terrible things have happened like a sanitarium or a prison because of the killings in the electric chair and such. I have heard stories of ghosts from modern times. I've heard of ghosts from WWI, WWII, and the Vietnam War. My family thinks our house is haunted by my grandfather, who died in 2002.
Then wouldn't the world also be filled with 'good' ghosts, people who had unfinished good business? Equally unless you've lived a hell of a life many people will have some unfinished business and with the number of people murdered, killed in wars etc there would still be loads of ghosts knocking around.

Also how come when you die you appear to lose the ability to speak in sentences? Every recording or whatever is a few words at most, knock once for yes, twice for no and all that rubbish, you'd have thought ghosts would have had tons of things to talk about, I know if I was floating about an old house I'd love the chance to have a bit of a chat.

« Last edited by super craig on Jun 2nd 2009 »

Lurch5000 Posted: 20:23 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636563
Lurch5000
+
The term ghost is passed around with little regard, I believe that what people see as "ghosts" are memories from the past, everyone has an aura of engery, and I belive that this engergy remains after some people die.

Im not going to try and convince, because you either believe or you do not, but put it this way, there IS something out there, something paranormal.

I saw my grandad after he had died, I was in my room watching the television when he walked in my room and said hello to me, I said hello back then continued to watch the television. When I looked back he was not there anymore, I assumed he had walked out of the room to go and speak to my Dad, not five minutes later my Dad came up to my room and told me my grandad had passed away.

up untill then I did not belive in ghosts, but that one experience changed my whole perspective.

Bout The Time I Set This Reccord Straight, All The Needle Nose Punchin' Is Makin Me Irate Sick Of My B!tch!n' Fallin' On Deaf Ears, Where You Gonna Be In The Next 5 Years?
Black Mamba 19 Posted: 23:50 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636685
Black Mamba 19
+
Demons convinced you too huh?

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

super craig Posted: 07:19 Jun03 2009 Post ID: 2636785
super craig
+
On 02-Jun-2009 Black Mamba 19 said: Demons convinced you too huh?
I don't entirely get your ghosts are demons thing, at what point did anything mentioned try to corrupt anyone, turn them away from god etc etc, if anything what Lurch mentioned would make you believe more that there is something after death and a god and make it more likely that you would believe.

Also if you can have demons, why can't you have ghosts? I don't see a whole lot of difference between the 2.

« Last edited by super craig on Jun 3rd 2009 »

Lurch5000 Posted: 08:39 Jun03 2009 Post ID: 2636797
Lurch5000
+
Good and Evil, Demons are the Devils bidders. But again I dont think there are Demons as such, there are a lot of evil people in this world, and all that evil engery can be quite powerful, I think there is something evil out there, maybe not the devil, maybe not demons, but maybe just evil residual energy, like ghosts are memories, I think demons are evil memories built up by the engery from many horrible people like murderes, rapists and cereal killers. People seem to think that Demons are always some kind of animal shape, deformed and horrible looking, but this misconception can lead to people not believing, as people would say "I have never seen anything deformed and animal like, so Demons dont exist". If you allow yourself to be persuaided, be open minded, look at both perspectives (Science and Religon) then you would be able to find substantial arguments for both

Bout The Time I Set This Reccord Straight, All The Needle Nose Punchin' Is Makin Me Irate Sick Of My B!tch!n' Fallin' On Deaf Ears, Where You Gonna Be In The Next 5 Years?
know-your-role Posted: 13:46 Jun14 2009 Post ID: 2645608
know-your-role
+
I was watching Haunted Homes last night, it was very interesting, the investigatian team seen some weird things, I believe in ghosts after the reconstructions I saw, I've always believed in ghosts but I haven't had one piece of evidence yet.
E-bro: Jakethesnake14
coachcline Posted: 17:36 Jul23 2009 Post ID: 2685293
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
I believe. I went to Charleston, SC with my summer program this week (why I've been gone since Sunday) & we toured a graveyard there. I had my DSi but didn't take it with my cause I thought the pics would suck. But some other people took some pics. There were some orbs with faces in them, some pics of shadow people. I thought it was cool. When I was there, there was this one corner of the graveyard that was weird, I was kinda mesmerized by it I guess. I couldn't really see anything in it, but it held my attention for a few seconds for no apparent reason.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Craizen Posted: 18:18 Jul23 2009 Post ID: 2685343
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Ghost are a Hoax
XZYOE Posted: 18:19 Jul23 2009 Post ID: 2685345
XZYOE
lukie is hot
+
I don't believe in ghosts, and I'm pretty certain most of those ghost hunting shows are staged.
UNLOCKED
Will d (mr ramdom) Posted: 14:38 Sep01 2009 Post ID: 2725858
Will d (mr
ramdom)
*Insert witty title here*
Post Likes: 4
+
i don't belive in ghosts either and i think that all ghost hunting shows are all just tricks and acting aswell

« Last edited by Will d (mr ramdom) on Sep 2nd 2009 »

^Sig by SG^

My Team. It's amazing.

Contact me at: [email protected]
Camewel Posted: 21:18 Sep04 2009 Post ID: 2727961
Camewel
Dual Youtuber
+
I believe in ghosts, cause I've got one. I call him 'Door ghost' cause he lives in my door.
No joke. My door gets stuck open, and when I walk through it, he closes it after me. I don't touch it, just walk through it. He closes it behind me. Recently he stopped though. It's a shame. I hope he comes back.
Click meh plz

Sig by AustinAnymous

Join
Bugsy's team, it could do with a few more members...
Craizen Posted: 11:40 Sep05 2009 Post ID: 2728205
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Oookay.

You sure it's a not a draft shut? Like you open one door and then it closes?
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close