Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

[Showdown] Risorgimento

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 17
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 15 | 16 | Last     Previous | Next
shadowoblivion Posted: 22:45 Apr01 2011 Post ID: 2983840
shadowoblivion
Post Likes: 0
+
Keryn stood back as another argument almost broke out, but this time amongst the competitors. She then felt a tap on her shoulder. Keryn turned around to see her brother. "Sorry about before..." mumbled Cydran. The young woman smiled and then turned around as a man in a black tux walked up to the group.

"...Less people, easier the competion will be.." again mumbled Cydran, which lead to Keryn jabbing her brother in his gut.

The two twins both watched as to more competitors appeared.

"Fashionably late..?" Keryn was about to jab her brother again, but had to admit that it didn't seem o.k. for them to appear after the roll call was anounced.

Paired w/: king26, abigurl

Need some more rpers for Destiny Bonds 3!!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 11:40 Apr02 2011 Post ID: 2984035
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
~ ooc: Guy117 hasn't been on in over a week. We'll go ahead and start without him, but I'll put him in the last match of the first round in case he does show up.

The announcer pondered for a second, before deciding. "Alright. You guys go ahead and come in. I'll send someone out here to direct any stragglers to our location. Okay, competitors, follow me!" At that, the announcer began walking toward the stadium, bringing the combatants to where they'd be staying for the next several days.

They were taken through a door, up a tall flight of stairs, and through another door. They emerged on a sort of balcony that hung over the stands. It was made of stone and covered by a wooden balcony. The combatants would get a great overhead view of the ring, a large slab of stone created by several smaller square plates. This was their first opportunity to see the enormous size of the crowd, which was now well over one hundred thousand.

"Here it is. You'll find that there are several vendors up here specifically made for you, just walk around to the other side of the balcony." The announcer pointed across the stadium, showing that the entire balcony was a large loop around the top of the stadium. "And don't worry, fans don't have access to this area, so your privacy is safe. Alright, if that's all, I'll go see if anyone else has arriv--"

At that, a yellow point in the horizon came into view. The announcer squinted his eyes as it grew steadily larger and larger. As it drew closer, it seemed someone was actually riding on it. The golden cloud was speeding like a bullet, straight for them. Finally, it swooped over the far edge of the stadium, much to the amazement of the fans, and curved up to drop its passenger up on the balcony, right beside the announcer. The cloud then headed straight back up, back into the heavens.

The boy that had appeared seemed to be in his late teens, and he looked at everyone there with a somewhat goofy, yet pleasant, smile. His shaggy black hair could be called messy at best, and compared to the other combatants, he was barely armored at all. Just a simple orange gi with no shirt underneath and a blue cloth belt, baggy orange pants, and dark blue wrist bands to match his cloth shoes. He was very toned and muscular, however. "Hi guys!" He waved.

The announcer was still getting over a boy riding a cloud to the tournament, before he slowly looked at his roster. "S-So.. who are you?"

"My name's Goten," the young man replied with a smile.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 18:28 Apr02 2011 Post ID: 2984339
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Magni examined this newcomer carefully. He had followed once he had finished blessing his weapons, sealing his helmet with a special blessing as well. He'd never seen anyone with abilities like these. Even the Librarians among the Deathwatch couldn't do such incredible things. He wondered of the abilities of all the others, finally deciding that it didn't matter. The might of the Imperium, the Dark Angles, the Deathwatch, and the Techmarines would take this tournament by storm and he would be able to get back to his mission.
Fan had finally given up screaming at Hiei just before they entered, realizing that he started to ignore her. Fuming, she wondered what the tournament would have in store for them.
It was Hiei, however, who finally spoke up, stepping forward to examine Goten. "And what manner of being are you? You're certainly no human, and yet the Spirit Energy you give off suggests otherwise."

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Apr 2nd 2011 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 00:04 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984427
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Goten looked at Hiei with a blank stare, unsure of what he was talking about. He blinked a few times, as if he was gathering his thoughts. "Uhm.." he rubbed that back of his head, "I can sense that you're pretty strong, but... why are you so small?" he wondered aloud, completely ignoring Hiei's question.

Aria was almost flattened. "Great, he's an idiot. They really know how to pick the best of the best, that's for sure..." Her tone was oozing with sarcasm.

The announcer, intrigued about Goten's origins as well, flipped over a few sheets in the roster until he got to Goten's detailed bio. "Hmm. Says here his mother is a human and his father was of the Saiyan race. I dunno what that means, take it or leave it."

"Listen, I don't care if he's made of mud, can we just get this thing under way?" Aria really needed to vent some frustration via delivering an asswhooping, so she was anxious to get started. The announcer checked his watch.

"Whoa! I need to get going, I need to announce the matches in five minutes. Well, good luck to all of you, hopefully none of you will be hurt too badly!" With that, the announcer rushed away down the stairs he had led the group up.

Goten suddenly snapped his fingers in a eureka moment. Completely serious and with an innocent tone, he looked at Hiei. "You must be a middle schooler! Yeah! I bet you'll be really strong when you grow up, keep training!"
imaloony8.0 Posted: 07:49 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984499
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Hiei stared at Gohan blankly. This half-human half-saiyan, whatever that is, makes Kuwabara look like a genius... he thought, unsure of how to respond. The irony was that, being a demon, Hiei was probably several times older than this odd man.
Instantly, Fan burst out laughing. "A middle schooler, eh? Yeah, that sounds about right!"

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 16:16 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984674
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
The commotion of the participants was interrupted by the announcer, who had made his way down into the center of the ring area. He adjusted his tie and looked into the crowd with a big smile. He pumped his fist enthusiastically, causing the several thousands in the stands to cheer.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the World Martial Arts tournament! I know you've all been patiently waiting, so let's get this under way! The first round is almost like a preliminary round, where we get to see the powers of all of our participants without worry of any of them being sent home. Now, let's look up on the screen to see what the first round looks like..."

The announcer turned around to look at a large screen behind the ring, which was shuffling the participants faces around like a roulette wheel. Suddenly, they all locked into place.

"There you have it! The four matches are as follows: match one is Fan versus Goten! Match two is Keryn versus Dru! Match three is Aria versus Magni! Match four is Cydran versus Hiei! Would the competitors of the first match please make their way forward!"

"Awesome, I get to go first! Good luck, Fan!" Goten smiled, before swan-diving off the balcony and floating down into the ring.

"Now, just in case any of you aren't familiar with the rules," the announcer continued, "You can give up at any time if you feel your opponent may seriously harm you. Secondly, no part of your body may touch outside of the ring, or you are disqualified. Other than that, have at it! Let's get a big cheer for our competitors! Goten and Fan, you may begin!" At that, the crowd exploded once more; they were pumped up and ready to see some fighting.

Goten looked around the ring. "Wow, it's even bigger than Gohan let on. Awesome, this'll be fun!" The half-Saiyan took his fighting stance and shot a challenging smile across the ring to Fan.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 17:55 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984732
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Fan smiled. This guy had no idea what he got himself into. This will be a perfect pick-me-up after my... last mission. Fan thought with a shudder. "Please go easy on me. I'm a little rusty," she lied.
"What a horrible lie," Magni and Hiei said nearly simultaneously.

Craizen Posted: 19:30 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984798
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Dru grinned wildly. "Second round? Hmm, just a little bit of prep then. But Goten and Fan...hmm. I say most are seriously underestimating him. Dudes has power."

He reached behind him and his scythe appeared behind him. He sat cross-legged with it over his legs, and went to his half-meditation stance. It mentally prepared him for battle and allowed to spectate also. He breathed deeply in and out.

"I hope this match is good. There's nothing like a good match to get you pumped for your own." He looked around, gauging everyone's looks and reactions, especially Keryn.

This is not going to be easy. If anything, I hope armor buff gets kicked out quickly. he thought to himself.
Guy117 Posted: 20:28 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984817
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
A figure appears out of thin air in the balcony. He looks around.

"I guess sightseeing got me late..."

Fraus's voice has a distinct flanging effect to it. He looks down at the ring.

At least I didn't miss the first round.

He looks at the other competitors.

I guess this might be an interesting tournament.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 20:44 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984822
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Goten smirked. "I'll defend myself as much as I need to, don't worry about that." This was going to be good. He sensed a power level equal to his mother's in this girl, and he's been stronger than his mom ever since he was six.

"Alright, make the first move, Fan. Ladies first!" Goten called out, shifting the weight on his back leg and preparing a defensive stance.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 21:14 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984829
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
No need to go all out this early. Let's see what this guy's made of, Fan sprang forward, but only used a mere fraction of her speed. Compared to a normal human she was quick, but to someone like Goten, it would be more like fighting a sloth. She began to throw chaining punches and kicks at Goten. Again, she was doing quite well for a normal human, but nothing that would get past Goten.
"Pfft, how long is she going to play around like this?" Hiei muttered. He ran into her outside the stadium, and she was quick. Much quicker than this. It was fairly obvious to him that she was going to spring on Gohan after giving him a false sense of security, but he doubted anyone else did.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 22:25 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984837
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Goten easily deflected every single kick and punch, going at least twice the speed of his opponent, Fan. He simply smiled and looked her straight in the eyes as he blocked every one like he was being hit by a child. When he was a kid, his brother trained him by throwing rocks at him at high speed, so his hand-eye senses were massive, especially compared to a human.

"This isn't all you've got, I know that," he grinned. He seemed to actually flash out of existence for a fraction of a fraction of a second, moving so fast it couldn't be seen. In that flash, he had actually swooped down and went for a strong, high leg sweep.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 23:16 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984842
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
The kick never connected. Fan simply wasn't there to take the kick, almost as if she was never there to begin with.
"You're right," said a voice from behind him. "You're not quite as stupid as I thought, so I'll take it up a few notches." With that, Fan send a barrage of punches and kicks towards Goten's spine. The power of the attacks were only a little stronger than a normal human woman's, but the sheer volume of them more than made up for it.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 23:36 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984850
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Goten smiled again. Fan's flurry of punches was greeted with Goten flashing about ten feet to the left, a small hole forming in the back of his shirt. "Good job, you nicked me." He got to his feet and stared her down. "If that kick would have landed, I'd have felt bad for you. There would have been no way you could have beaten me."

He put his right palm forward. "I'm gonna loosen up a bit, so be ready." In a flash, he sent two quick ki blasts straight toward Fan, before teleporting behind her and sending a hay-maker right to the back of her head.

"These two are so quick it's unreal," Aria's eyes widened a bit. This wasn't going to be as easy at she'd hoped.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 23:49 Apr03 2011 Post ID: 2984851
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
"Oh please," Hiei said to Aria, "They're both still warming up." Looking at him, he didn't seem to be having any issues following their movements.

There! Fan thought. Fan jumped to the side, and a her next actions happened in a fraction of a second. Her left hand reached and grabbed a handle at her right hip, to that of a dagger, which she yanked out.
Or so it would seem. Instead, when she pulled the handle out, a long chain connected the hilt to the sheath, far longer than a dagger would seem to allow. With a flick of her wrist, the chain came to a coil and attempted to snap around Goten's arm.
While the blasts had been dodged, the haymaker managed to graze Fan's elbow. She yelped, not expecting that kind of pain. Based on the feeling of the hit, it probably didn't fracture anything, but it would leave a hell of a bruise. This guy... he's a monster. He makes Blade look like a featherweight. One hit from him could put me down for good... she thought, a bead of sweat falling down her face.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Apr 3rd 2011 »

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 00:04 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2984855
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Goten smiled when he was able to graze her, but his attention was averted when the chain coiled around his arm. He immediately tried to tug it off, but the links were tightened secure and weren't slipping. He could feel the circulation cutting off. He looked over at Fan, and his cheerful face turned more serious.

"Bad mistake." At that, he grabbed at the chain and pulled it back with a scary amount of force, before shoving his right hand forward and sending a heavy barrage of ki blasts right toward her.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 09:18 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2984937
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
But Fan already had the situation under control. With a flip of her arm, the chain came to life. Instead of throwing her off balance, Goten yanking on the chain pushed her forward. In a moment, the chain had wrapped around her arm as well, chaining her left arm to Goten's right. From there, she easily pivoted away from the blasts, unable to reach her with how they were linked. But this was a dangerous game she was playing. At this close of a range and against Goten's strength, it wouldn't be difficult for him to land a punch to end the match. But on the flip side of that, it would be nearly impossible for him to dodge her final blow.
With that, she drew her other main weapon with her right arm. A truly terrifying sword, it was about two feet long with a slight curve similar to that of a katana, but with more body to the sword. A dozen deadly looking rippers lined the edge of the blade facing the hilt. Although it was hard to tell from just looking at it, the sides facing away from the hilt were nearly as sharp as scalpels while the opposite sides were dulled for maximum ripping and piercing potential. With the weapon drawn and her opponent linked close with little chance to dodge, she stabbed the sword right at Goten's stomach.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 09:27 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2984942
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Goten's face turned grim; he didn't have time to charge his ki to protect his flesh from the blade. He wouldn't go down without a fight, though. By hitting him with her blade, she'd be trapping herself as well. Instead of trying to dodge the blade and remain safe, he did the exact opposite. "Got you!" He shouted, before launching straight forward. The sword pierced his belly, causing him to cough up specks of blood. Right at the moment of the blade's impact, he swung a ferocious punch straight to Fan's temple.

"Did he just stab himself on purpose?!" Aria looked on, almost wincing for Goten's wound.

« Last edited by dark_wolf_33 on Apr 4th 2011 »
imaloony8.0 Posted: 10:12 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2984958
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
"Such is the will of a true warrior," Magni said. His voice actually now had a hint of emotion to it. Respect.

Fan winced. She wouldn't be able to dodge this one, but she knew that if she could stay conscious, it would be a fatal blow for Gotenn. Instead, with the moment she had left, she loosened the chain around her wrist with her left hand and tightened her grip on the sword with her other.
The punch that landed was one that would clearly end the match one way or another. With the chain loosened, Fan finally came free of Goten, but he sturdy grip made sure that the sword came with her. Such as the design of the sword, as it came out, the dull rippers caught onto bones, muscle, skin, and whatever else was missed with the original stab, more than doubling the damage done.
Fan, however, was far from fine. The punch she took felt more like a wrecking ball hitting her head than a fist, and she went flying away, her sword leaving a trail of Goten's blood in the process. As luck would have it, however, she did not fly out of the ring. The chain, still looped partially around Goten's arm, pulled taunt as if the chain stopped extending merely by will, and the blade stayed firmly in the hilt, managing to catch Fan. She immediately fell to the ground just barley still in the ring, unmoving.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Apr 4th 2011 »

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 14:44 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985052
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Goten collapsed to one knee, blood beginning to ooze through his shirt and dripping down onto the arena floor. He coughed, and kept coughing, more and more blood coming out. He shakily got to two feet, albeit hunched over, and began walking toward Fan.

"Ah! Somehow, Goten is still standing, even with such a wound! He's fading, but he's going for the knockout blow!" The announcer shouted and the crowd roared, ready to see more blood.

Goten continued slowly walking across the ring, before he got to Fan's body and collapsed to both knees. "A-Are..." he broke into another fit of coughs. "Are you alright? I put," he coughed again, "I put too much into that last punch.." He didn't know if she was even conscious, but he knew he wouldn't be for much longer. Anyone who could see Goten's face on the screen could see his eyes beginning to glaze over.

"Idiot! Why doesn't he just finish her off?" Aria jumped up and stood on the rail that served as a guard for the balcony. "Hurry up and win the match, idiot! That's what you're here for!"
Displaying Page 2 of 17
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 15 | 16 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close