Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

[Showdown] Risorgimento

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 17
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 15 | 16 | Last     Previous | Next
imaloony8.0 Posted: 15:22 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985114
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Fan's eyes were just open a slit. There was a throbbing pain in her head, and her skull was probably fractured from that blow. She was trying to remember what just happened to her, but everything was hazy, and she was trying to get her eyes to focus. A normal person would have probably been killed by that blow, but her spartan-like training under Flame included a free series of daily beatings to strengthen her body and to help her resist being knocked out.
Her eyes came into focus, and she was in a dungeon deep below Flame's castle. Someone was kneeling over her saying something, but she was hurt and it was hard to understand. There was another voice in the distance too that Fan strained to hear.
"...too much... last punch..." said the first voice.
"Finish her... win..." the other said.
Fan's eyes widened and she sprang to her feet. Her right hand still clutched her saw blade so she swung with that. It was far from pretty slashes, and she simply lashed out wildly. "Get away from me! I won't die!" she screamed. Fan had gone into a blind rage. Between her concussion and the adrenaline still pumping through her veins, her mind had gone back to her terrible training. Being hunted daily had strengthened her body, but weakened her mettle, and Goten was now on the receiving end of her blind rage.
Inside Fan's head, though, she was already basically unconscious. Her subconscious was doing the fighting, reflexively fighting back from a threat. It was almost ironic that she, trained to be the perfect calm-minded killer was still a scared girl deep down, but it was a scared girl ready to kill.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Apr 4th 2011 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Craizen Posted: 16:03 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985207
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Dru was impressed with the speed of the two, though he was able to follow pretty easily. Once he figured out to track Goten power signature instead of just watching him, it was cake.

"He should stay back. She's basically fighting off of muscle instinct. It's quite amazing actually. Her training had to be of serious origins to provide that. That hit she took though, she's probably has bits of skull floating around. Goten's in no shape either. A wound like that isn't one you want to take this early in the game." He shook his head.

"He's a warrior. A tad foolish at times but a warrior. I would love to destroy him."

He looked back at Keryn, trying to gauge any reactions to her watching the fight. His Scythe was starting to glow a bit, it's shine returning. It was waking up, syncing it's power. Dru was expecting no problems from his next fight. Keryn was most likely nothing to him.

Just sad I have to fight a girl. I never did care to do so. he thought. He focused more intensely, focusing on the fight just enough to see the outcome.
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 18:39 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985242
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
"D-damn it!" Goten struggled to dodge her blows, one hand covering his wound as he winced in pain. This didn't look good at all. I don't want to hurt her... but if I stop dodging or pass out, she'll chop me to bits... His movements were slowing down, and her blades were starting to nick his skin, leaving small cuts all over his body. His human mind was cast aside, and the battle instincts of the Saiyan warrior escaped. He snapped.

"SNAP OUT OF IT!" He roared, before a massive wave of pure energy exploded from around Goten, denting the ring below him and sending blasting wind throughout the entire arena. Everything was coated in an orange light from the sheer viscosity of Goten's energy; in the stands, people's wigs and loose jewelry were being blown off, and they had to shield their eyes.

Then, finally, the light faded. Goten was face down on the arena floor, unmoving, while dust was just only beginning to settle around the arena.

"What... what exactly just happened?!" Aria questioned.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 19:25 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985264
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Fan was lying on her back on the other side of the arena. Whatever Gohan had done, it worked, and finally pushed Fan into full unconsciousness. Anyone looking closely could see a little light reflecting off of Fan's face. The tears of a scared little girl. Why have I been torturing myself like this all my life? What was the point? Those were the last thoughts that crossed her mind before she went out of it completely.

"Well, this is going to be an odd call," Hiei mused.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 19:43 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985270
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
"Oh my! What a show of power from Goten, but it seems that was all he had left! Fan's not moving either... what's the decision? Well in years past, it would be a tie, but this year, our board of directors will choose a victor based on total performance in the match! Let's take it to the big screen to see who will be declared winner!"

The jumbo screen lit up, and several scores showed. "Goten scored a high 90 ranking in power, 60 in speed, and 20 in technical skill, for a total of 170 points! Fan showed a 50 in power, 60 in speed, and a 65 in technical skill, for a total score of 175 points! Fan is declared the winner!"

The crowd burst into cheers, while paramedics quickly entered the ring and put both participants on stretchers to take them away. Truly, this tournament was going to be brutal.

"Next match up... Keryn versus Dru! Combatants, please make your way to the arena!"

(reminder: check out team showdown for updated brackets.)

« Last edited by dark_wolf_33 on Apr 4th 2011 »
imaloony8.0 Posted: 19:54 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985275
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
"Hah, a 60 in speed," Hiei laughed. "Clearly they underestimate that girl. As for the other..." He looked at that stats again and shook his head. "No number could do that boy justice. Too much of a variable."

Magni watched a recording of Goten's last attack over and over with his visor. His helmet camera saw everything, but even after re-watching everything a dozen times, he still had no clue what it was. The Librarians he knew who could do things similar to this couldn't do nearly that much on a dime without ripping the warp apart. This Goten was truly a force to be reckoned with. He had no idea how he'd even fight someone like that. Still, he was confident based on what he saw that he would be able to outmatch Goten.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 20:04 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985281
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
"That was... unreal..." Aria looked at the crater-like dent in the ring, and the blood that stained its cold surface. She couldn't comprehend exactly what had just went down, and most of the fans couldn't, either. There were a few moments of silence before steps were heard coming up from below. The door to the balcony opened and there stood Goten, not a mark on him, with new clothes and everything. Aria almost spat out her liver from astonishment.

"I thought you were both dead! What happened?"

Goten just blinked. "I don't know. There was this guy down there... he just touched my head and I was better. It was really weird. I think Fan should be up in a second, it took a little longer with her... by the way, did they announce who won?" Goten seemed a little off, probably still shaken from the battle.
Craizen Posted: 20:09 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985285
Craizen
A'ight
+
Dru stood up. "Sorry Goten, Fan did. She kicked your butt in technical scoring." He nodded at Keryn. "Well it looks we're up. Ladies first?" He said as he motioned toward the ring.

As calm and hardened warrior was he was, Dru still had his usual jitters. If anything it was good. It let him now he wasn't over confident going in. He considered letting out Sari, but decided against it. He placed his staff on his back in it's dimensional case, barring it from sight and cracked his knuckles.

He did some last minute stretches and head toward the entrance to his side of the ring.

"Let' get this on."
imaloony8.0 Posted: 20:13 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985289
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Fan soon followed, but she wasn't in the mood to say anything she found a dark corner in the room and sat there. What happened in the last minute of that battle was a haze to her. All she remembered was pain, fear, and rage. She continued thinking, hoping it would come back to her.
"Those scores don't mean anything," Hiei said. "You can put a number on anything, like how those fools in Spirit World put a letter on demons."

Guy117 Posted: 20:26 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985295
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
What an interesting battle. I guess there won't be a lack of challenge here.

He doesn't seem to have almost any reaction to the battle as if he as seen things like this before.He lays his back against a wall and analyzes the other competitors.

« Last edited by Guy117 on Apr 4th 2011 »
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 20:58 Apr04 2011 Post ID: 2985308
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
"Gah, I really hoped that last explosion wouldn't take it all out of me... but I blacked out because of all that blood. I'm kinda upset, I only got to use a little bit of my power in that battle.." Goten rubbed the back of his head.

"Are you serious?! You almost blew up the entire stadium and you're saying you wish you would have done better?" All of these happenings were just too much for Aria; she felt like her head was coming unscrewed. "Hopefully this next fight will actually be a fight, I'm not sure I can handle another light show."
imaloony8.0 Posted: 08:34 Apr05 2011 Post ID: 2985472
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
The heavy footfalls of a particularly large metal man were heard behind Aria. "I suggest you use the time during the next fight to forfeit your fight against me. You don't stand a chance, and I'd rather not kill you." With that, Magni stepped away to get a better view from the balcony.

shadowoblivion Posted: 11:17 Apr05 2011 Post ID: 2985537
shadowoblivion
Post Likes: 0
+
Keryn and Cydran both patiently watched the first match unfold.Cydran, sitting next to Hiei, was p.o.'d a little that he had to wait awhile for his match. He sat there quietly watching the fight with his arms crossed, sometimes mumbling to himself about the fight. Near the end of the fight, Cydran figured Goten would finish off Fan, but noticed he didn't. "...Coward..."

Meanwhile, Keryn was sitting near Dru. Her eyes intently watching the match. She wished she could have told them both 'good luck' before the match had started. Near the end, Keryn stood in her seat, wondering in anticipation what was going to happen to both competitors. But was relieved when the the match was called off. "At least they both fought grand..!" exclaimed Keryn.

The twins then both heard the announcer say that it was Dru's and Keryn's fight. "Oh, well good luck Dru! And don't hold back on me, ok?" asked Keryn rhetorically. She then headed down to the arena to wait for the match to start.

Cydran watched her sister walk to the arena. "...If somethings happens..are we able to stop a match...?" asked Cydran to Hiei.

Paired w/: king26, abigurl

Need some more rpers for Destiny Bonds 3!!
imaloony8.0 Posted: 11:27 Apr05 2011 Post ID: 2985542
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
"Hah. Only a coward would back out at that point. Goten toughed it out when he was almost chopped up, so can these two," Hiei said. He clearly wasn't anyone for mercy. "And before you get any bright ideas, I'm not holding back in our fight, and I hope your sister won't interfere, because anyone who enters the ring with me in it will die, whether or not they're actually scheduled to fight."

shadowoblivion Posted: 12:16 Apr05 2011 Post ID: 2985551
shadowoblivion
Post Likes: 0
+
Cydran was about to punch Hiei in the face, but decided it wasn't best. "I only asked becuase that's my sis down there. If I came home and told my parents she's dead...I don't want to put them through that!" explained Cydran, while maintaining to keep his cool. He turned his attention back to the fight, taking a deep breath and sighing. "...Sometimes she doesn't know when to call it quits."

Paired w/: king26, abigurl

Need some more rpers for Destiny Bonds 3!!
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 19:51 Apr05 2011 Post ID: 2985760
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Aria looked behind her and saw the armored behemoth of a man standing beside her. His words of warning only added fuel to her inner fire. "Oh yeah? I'd rather you kill me than forfeit without a fight. Don't underestimate me, you overgrown mop bucket."

"Geez... everyone's so tense. You'll all fight better if you just relax and have fun." Goten chimed in on the conversation not long after, but not before he had went and grabbed a large tray of hotdogs from a vendor across the balcony.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 20:16 Apr05 2011 Post ID: 2985782
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
"Those who mock the great Machine Spirits and the Techmarines have naught but destruction in their futures. You have been warned," Magni said grimly. It was at this point that the large mechanical arm that was attached to Magni's back began to move. At first it wasn't clear if it was there for decorative purposes or something else, but it seemed quite capable of movement. The pincers in the front stretched forward and turned towards Magni's head. Magni seemed to say something to it, but what he was saying was absolute gibberish, sounding nothing like any language. Afterwards the arm moved back to its original position and Magni turned his attention back to the ring like nothing unusual had happened.

Craizen Posted: 21:56 Apr08 2011 Post ID: 2987576
Craizen
A'ight
+
Dru arrived at his side of the ring. He shook out the nerves, and did some heavy duty stretching. He breathed and looked out across the arena, focusing on his opponent. Don't be too cocky, but be confident. You know your power. He spoke softly to himself. He leaned back on his right leg with his left hand out-stretched in a flat palm, his right hand cocked back in the same position. He tilted his hat down a bit, and inserted a toothpick.

"I'm ready when you are. Let's get this show on the road."

Let's see if she can make me draw my scythe , he thought to himself.
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 09:58 Apr21 2011 Post ID: 2993399
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Aria narrowed her eyes with a look that seemed to be a mix of boredom and annoyance. "Blah blah, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. You know how many guys like you have preached their mumbo-jumbo back where I'm from, and have been reduced to ash? Too many to count." Her ego successfully rebooted, she simply waltzed off to stand near the railing of the balcony to look on at the match.

"Gee, sure is taking them a while to start the match, huh?" Goten raised an eyebrow.

Aria huffed. "Yeah... it's starting to get on my nerves."
imaloony8.0 Posted: 20:38 Apr25 2011 Post ID: 2995284
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
((Where's shadow when you need him?))

Magni simply shook his head with a sigh. Compared to the Chaos Space Marines, Gene Stealers, and other heretics he fought on a daily basis, it would be criminal for him to fight this girl. Still, she was a stubborn one. A stubbornness that would cost her a great deal.
Turning his attention elsewhere, Magni noticed Fan sitting in the corner, not moving, but still very much alive. She must have been thinking hard about something. It didn't take Magni long to figure out what it was, however. It was obvious that she was thinking about the end of the match. Between what she remembered from her subconscious and the concussion, it was probably hard to remember what happened at the end of the fight.
Magni pulled out a small flat piece of technology from his belt, a Data Slate, used for viewing types of information. He pulled a thin cord seemly out of a secret compartment on his helmet, connecting it to his slate. Using the Mind Impulse Unit grafted to his skull, he quickly downloaded the recording his helmet took of the end of the fight to the slate. He slowly walked over to Fan, holding it out to her.
"And what the hell is this?" she grumbled.
"Watch it," Magni said simply. With that, he turned around and walked back to the balcony.
Fan started at the Data Slate for a few moments before she tapped a command on it, watching what unfolded before her.

"If this match doesn't start soon I may fall asleep out of boredom. Hell, I came here so I could break the monotony of Demon World patrol, not to stare at two people not fighting," Hiei grumbled.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Apr 25th 2011 »

Displaying Page 3 of 17
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 15 | 16 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close