Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

unanswered questions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 15 of 21
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 19 | 20 | Last     Previous | Next
CrypticWizard Posted: 10:26 Aug23 2011 Post ID: 3056194
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
Because he doesn't understand the even if you believe the theory of evolution, we did not evolve from monkeys. And Charles Darwin never even said that we did. He stated that humans and primates (monkeys, apes, etc.) share a common ancestor, so we are related, but it more like we are their cousins rather than their descendants.

However, we don't need to start a religious debate in this thread, that's not what it was made for. There is such a thread in the Debate & Discussion forums.

So, moving on....

Why does nutritional information on food packaging always list the serving size as being much smaller than the average person would eat. I mean, seriously, who eats half a cup of ice cream?
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Keyblade21 Posted: 18:50 Aug30 2011 Post ID: 3058296
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
because they want you to think your eating not as much so you will eat more.

why do dogs lick?

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
CrypticWizard Posted: 10:22 Aug31 2011 Post ID: 3058452
CrypticWizard
+
Because their sense of taste is the same as their sense of smell, and since they have a very strong sense of smell, they lick to identify other people or animals.

Why do cats have such long whiskers?
Keyblade21 Posted: 20:04 Aug31 2011 Post ID: 3058565
Keyblade21
+
Whiskers help the cat feel his way around. Whiskers are so sensitive that they can detect the slightest directional change in a breeze. At night, for example, this helps a cat slink its way through a room and not bump into anything. How? The air currents in the room change depending on where pieces of furniture are located. As the cat walks through the room and approaches the couch, he'll know which direction to turn based on the change in air current around the couch.

In addition to having sensory properties, a cat's whiskers are also a good indicator of his mood. When a cat is angry or feels defensive, the whiskers will be pulled back. Otherwise, when the cat is happy, curious or content, the whiskers will be more relaxed and pushed forward.

But the whisker's primary use is to help a cat judge whether or not he'll fit through an opening. A cat's whiskers are roughly as wide as his body -- sort of a natural ruler. The whisker tips are sensitive to pressure. You'll probably see a cat stick his head in and out of an opening before he puts his body in. He's judging the width of the opening, and is determining if he can fit into it. An interesting note: cats don't have a true collar bone, like humans. This allows them to turn and twist their way through very narrow openings.

Why do dogs put their ears down?

CrypticWizard Posted: 10:53 Sep01 2011 Post ID: 3058681
CrypticWizard
+
There are different reasons for dogs laying their ears back. Dogs communicate through their eyes, ears, tail, body position & even the way their hair can stand up at times. And then there are some dog breeds that just naturally look like their ears are laid back when they're relaxed. If a dog is frightened it will lay its ears back & cower, dropping it's tail between it's legs.

Why do cats rub against your legs?
Keyblade21 Posted: 21:21 Sep01 2011 Post ID: 3058783
Keyblade21
+
To get attention so you will pet them. And so you will notice them, other times it can just be comforting to them.

Why do dogs bark?

CrypticWizard Posted: 15:17 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058970
CrypticWizard
+
Because that is the only way they know how to communicate with humans. It's the same thing with cats, they will meow at humans but they communicate with other cats via body language.

Why is a fast-food hamburger bad for you but a hamburger you cook at home is not?
Keyblade21 Posted: 00:39 Sep03 2011 Post ID: 3059130
Keyblade21
+
A hamburger made at your own house is healthier than one from Mcdonald's. Fast food places use artificial colors, flavors, fillers, you name it. What do you expect for a dollar? If you buy a piece of meat from the meat case, and they grind it in front of you, that is just a ground up steak. You know there is nothing in it but beef! Add a bun (hopefully one with no preservatives), some tomatoes, onions, mayo, and mustard, and the hamburger is 100 times better for you than the one from Mcdonald's.

Why are the stars only visable at night?

CrypticWizard Posted: 10:10 Sep04 2011 Post ID: 3059457
CrypticWizard
+
Because the sunlight during the day is so bright that the light from the stars during the day can't be seen. At night, when the sun goes down, there's less light and the light from stars can be seen.

If sunlight is harmful to vampires, how come moonlight doesn't harm them, since moonlight is merely reflected sunlight?
Keyblade21 Posted: 14:34 Sep05 2011 Post ID: 3059841
Keyblade21
+
Because sunlight burns, where as it is way weaker so its merely a nuisance.

Why do the stars sometimes not appear at night?

CrypticWizard Posted: 23:34 Sep06 2011 Post ID: 3060213
CrypticWizard
+
Because of clouds. At night the clouds aren't as easy to see, so you might not notice they are there, but they are what is covering the stars.

Why do some states charge a deposit for soda cans and bottles and other states don't?
Keyblade21 Posted: 02:16 Sep07 2011 Post ID: 3060243
Keyblade21
+
Because states individually can agree to some laws and disagree to others. If the state wants beer to be legal to 18 year olds instead of 21 year olds, it can happen.
(thats what i get for actually paying attention in U.S. History class last year lol )

Why do cats cough up fur balls after licking themselves but dogs dont cough up fur balls?

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:27 Sep07 2011 Post ID: 3060335
CrypticWizard
+
That's an interesting question. Cats lick themselves to clean themselves, which is why their tongues are so rough, but also to get rid of excess fur. Sometimes, this fur will stick to their tongues and they will swallow it. Over time, the hair will accumulate and form into a hairball, which the cat will then cough up. The reason why dogs don't get hairballs is because their tongues are smooth and therefore the hair doesn't stick to them.

What is the difference between mitosis and meiosis?
Keyblade21 Posted: 16:21 Sep10 2011 Post ID: 3061075
Keyblade21
+
1. Mitosis takes place within somatic cells (cells that make up the body). Meiosis takes place within gamete cells (sex cells).
2. One single division of the mother cell results in two daughter cells. Two divisions of the mother cell result in four meiotic products or haploid gametes.
3. A mitotic mother cell can either be haploid or diploid. A meiotic mother cell is always diploid.
4. The number of chromosomes per nucleus remains the same after division. The meiotic products contain a haploid (n) number of chromosomes in contrast to the (2n) number of chromosomes in mother cell.
5. It is preceded by a S-phase in which the amount of DNA is duplicated. In meiosis, only meiosis I is preceded by a S-phase.
6. In mitosis, there is no pairing of homologous chromosomes. During prophase I, complete pairing of all homologous chromosomes takes place.
7. There is no exchange of DNA (crossing-over) between chromosomes. There is at least one crossing-over or DNA exchange per homologous pair of chromosomes.
8. The centromeres split during anaphase. The centromeres do separate during anaphase II, but not during anaphase I.
9. The genotype of the daughter cells is identical to that of the mother cells. Meiotic products differ in their genotype from the mother cell.
10. After mitosis, each daughter cell has exactly same DNA strands. After meiosis, each daughter cell has only half of the DNA strands

Where does the hair that the cat swallows stay at? and why isnt it digested?

CrypticWizard Posted: 19:16 Sep10 2011 Post ID: 3061130
CrypticWizard
+
It stays in the esophagus, which isn't harmful to the cat because that's how their digestive system works. And that's also why it isn't digested because it never gets to the stomach.

Why are you and I the only ones posting in this thread?
Keyblade21 Posted: 01:08 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061593
Keyblade21
+
Because your cousin isn't here and we are the only ones who want to have posts that aren't spam and actually sort of contribute.

Most people who come here are just looking to get quick posts :/

Why hasn't your cousin came back?

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:04 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061702
CrypticWizard
+
Because she in now living too far away and she does not yet have her own computer. She was using my computer, and I suppose it's a good thing that no one every thought to compare IP addresses.

Why do they make fish-flavored and chicken-flavored cat food, but not mouse-flavored?
Keyblade21 Posted: 21:08 Sep21 2011 Post ID: 3063709
Keyblade21
+
So cats will have variety.

Why are stop lights only green, yellow, and red?

CrypticWizard Posted: 10:45 Sep22 2011 Post ID: 3063813
CrypticWizard
+
What other colors do they need?

Why do they drive on the left side of the road in Europe but on the right side in North America?
Keyblade21 Posted: 18:44 Sep23 2011 Post ID: 3064010
Keyblade21
+
About a quarter of the world drives on the left, and the countries that do are mostly old British colonies. This strange quirk perplexes the rest of the world; but there is a perfectly good reason.

In the past, almost everybody travelled on the left side of the road because that was the most sensible option for feudal, violent societies. Since most people are right-handed, swordsmen preferred to keep to the left in order to have their right arm nearer to an opponent and their scabbard further from him. Moreover, it reduced the chance of the scabbard (worn on the left) hitting other people.

Furthermore, a right-handed person finds it easier to mount a horse from the left side of the horse, and it would be very difficult to do otherwise if wearing a sword (which would be worn on the left). It is safer to mount and dismount towards the side of the road, rather than in the middle of traffic, so if one mounts on the left, then the horse should be ridden on the left side of the road.

In the late 1700s, however, teamsters in France and the United States began hauling farm products in big wagons pulled by several pairs of horses. These wagons had no driver's seat; instead the driver sat on the left rear horse, so he could keep his right arm free to lash the team. Since he was sitting on the left, he naturally wanted everybody to pass on the left so he could look down and make sure he kept clear of the oncoming wagon?s wheels. Therefore he kept to the right side of the road.

In addition, the French Revolution of 1789 gave a huge impetus to right-hand travel in Europe. The fact is, before the Revolution, the aristocracy travelled on the left of the road, forcing the peasantry over to the right, but after the storming of the Bastille and the subsequent events, aristocrats preferred to keep a low profile and joined the peasants on the right. An official keep-right rule was introduced in Paris in 1794, more or less parallel to Denmark, where driving on the right had been made compulsory in 1793.

Why are you so old?

Displaying Page 15 of 21
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 19 | 20 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close