Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

New World [RP]

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
1 : 2 Posted: 03:36 May26 2012 Post ID: 3114636
1 : 2
Post Likes: 0
+
At one corner of the bar, cloaked under the darkness, a sitting figure shifts. He'd been woken up from his sleep by the sound of a young man yelling threats close by. But as his eyes open and he looks past the hood of his clothing he catches sight of the curved sword slung across the back of a man sitting at the bar. No doubt about it, he thought. The weapon was purportedly a katana, and it held relation in its origin to his new name.
"Whoever he is, he's been across the sea..." thought the man, bringing his back from resting against the wall and standing up, revealing a man of tall and stocky build. The unseen slight bulk of something on his back and the slithering appendage that followed his legs from behind prompt most that were sitting close to him to distance themselves. He walked forward, ignoring the crowd that turned away and created a path for him as he walked and continued fixing his gaze on the lad with cowboy hat.

"You." he said simply, his voice strong but soft. The man placed a hand on the black-haired youth's shoulder.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nightmare2 Posted: 13:50 May26 2012 Post ID: 3114737
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
just keep on coming now do't they, these interestig people. Didn't really notice this guy first time I looked about... the siblings seem interesting. Brother is protective. And of course there is the man before me.

Adam continues to watch the siblings out of the corners of his eyes but manages to keep his focus on the two men before him. The new stranger was interesting, Adam assumed he was a Hybrid and odd one too.

"Well if I really wanted to check them out I could always just put a knife into your heart and then examine them. But don't worry I really don't want to check them out that much."

Adam smiles friendily to him, then turns around so he is facing him instead of the door. He gives the other man a quick smile too but was growing impatient and decided it was time to get things moving.

"So tell me what can I do to make you join me on a little adventure? Actually that applies to the both of you as you both strike my interest."
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
the_best_of_the_west Posted: 16:26 May26 2012 Post ID: 3114792
the_best_of_the_west
Kratos' loyal subject!
Post Likes: 7
+
*Tatum goes back to the table*

"Idiots. Oh good here comes the food"

*the waitress sets the food down and the two start eating it*

W: "You can pay at the bar when you're done"

*they finish with their good and head towards the bar*

"want a refill of that water Katie?"

K: "Yes please"

*sets the cup on the bar* " can I get a refill on her water, and I need to pay for our meal as well"

sig by craizen
Sir Josh the Diamond Timecontroller, Nineth in the Gemstone Order
PSN: joshitious75860
Gamertag: JMOORE75860
In Time of Need -- RP

penguinlord352 Posted: 20:32 May26 2012 Post ID: 3114832
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
Garm looks at the strange man in slight surprise, yet obvious hostility and instant distrust. He didn't like anyone getting too close without saying much, because it usually meant they intended to attack him or something of the sort. Adam's comment breaks his focus on the stranger's actions as he laughs, loudly.
"You're pretty interesting yourself. Stick a knife in me, eh? Hehehehehehehe....Sure, I'll go on an adventure with ya. Got nothing better to do, and you seem like fun."
Garm was distracted from the strange man who was, apparently, interested in his katana, for the moment.
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
1 : 2 Posted: 10:28 May28 2012 Post ID: 3115141
1 : 2
Post Likes: 0
+
Kuwaga didn't like the lad's laugh. It sounded broken, the epiphany of a sick man trying to amuse himself. But he paid no heed to it, just as with the other features the lad possessed.
"Looking from your stock it's no puzzle you've been around, stranger. Have you by chance seen this man anywhere?" Kuwaga sent an arm into his windbreaker and took out a folded piece of worn paper, spreading it open with his index finger and thumb and putting it on the bar in front of Garm. Displayed on the parchment was the black and white portrait of an aged man, wrinkled face and all, small eyes, and what seems to be a sword's sheath poking out from the cover of his back. He seemed short by his shoulders, and his hair had been tied into a ponytail reminiscent of a farmer from the ancient oriental eras. An elderly man who was hard to miss amongst a crowd. "Any bit of information, no matter how small, will do." he asked Garm. For the time being, Kuwaga ignore the other youth, finding him troublesome with his offer of games and travels.

nightmare2 Posted: 10:50 May28 2012 Post ID: 3115142
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
The bartender walked over to Tatum and Katie and picked up the glass, he looked up at Tatum.
"Alright that'll be 2 silver, water's free. Odd got four travellers all wanting water on one day."
He smiles at the girl and walks off to the barrel of water and fills it then walks back and hands it to her.

"Great to have you... uh... what's your name? I am Night, pleasure to meet ya."

Adam smiles at the stranger and looks at the picture the other man put forward, he did not know the man on the other hand he did have an idea on how to get this man to join up with him too. But that could wait as he seemed to have little interest in Adam at that point. Instead Adam turned his attention to the siblings.

((not gonna be on much for next two days))

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
the_best_of_the_west Posted: 12:50 May28 2012 Post ID: 3115156
the_best_of_the_west
Kratos' loyal subject!
+
*Tatum through his pocket and produces two coins and sets them on the bar*

*As Katie is drinking her water, Tatum scans the people at the bar*

"Any of you from around here?"

sig by craizen
In Time of Need -- RP

penguinlord352 Posted: 16:04 May28 2012 Post ID: 3115207
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
A bit irritated by the vibe he got from the stranger with the portrait, Garm chose not to look at the guy, glancing at the image briefly before turning back to Adam.
"Sorry, don't know him."
Garm turned his attention back to Adam.
"Name's Garm Plasmal. I'm from the Black Region."
Garm answers Adam and the older brother down the bar with that statement. Short, sweet, and to the point.

the_best_of_the_west Posted: 23:02 May28 2012 Post ID: 3115342
the_best_of_the_west
Kratos' loyal subject!
+
*Tatum nods, he keeps looking at the others close to the bar*

K; *sets the cup down* "I'm done Tatum"

"ok one second Katie" *he turns back to the bar*

« Last edited by the_best_of_the_west on May 28th 2012 »

sig by craizen
In Time of Need -- RP

Craizen Posted: 10:36 May29 2012 Post ID: 3115427
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Name: Zane Haru
Sex: Male
Race: Hybrid
Gene: Bone Crusher((Modification of the Strength Gene, if allowed.)) While not being as strong as someone with the strength gene, it also strengthens the skeletal structure beyond normal, making him able to withstand more force.
Region ((where you come from)): Orange Zone
Appearance: His mark covers his back, and he has tattoo markings under his left eye from a small gang he was in. He wears long black pants, with pointed boots that promote flexibility in the feet.He wears a loose tan long sleeve shirt with a modified gun holster rig over it, the holster spot carrying a whip, and on the back a long sword. It's designed not impede his movement, as he specializes in Parkour like skills. He is caramel black, though is hair short cropped and brown, the dust changing his eyes to green.
Equipment: Long Whip, Broad Sword for Combat
Personality: Quiet, thinks himself as a ninja, is not afraid to get into the middle of things though. His voice is deep, a little booming.
Bio: His family for the most part survived and kept living as normal. But after the creation of the zones, his father joined a resistance against the leader. He ended up being killed in a fight against slavers and Zane's mother and sister(12) were taken. He already had started to train, and realized he was special when he survived a particularly lethal fall. He ran when they came, and that's when he began to focus even more so on his escape skills. He has hopes of locating his sister, as he feels his mother is already gone.

« Last edited by Craizen on May 30th 2012 »
nightmare2 Posted: 10:20 May30 2012 Post ID: 3115738
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
((Alright minor problem Craiz, your age and bio don't match up. The story is set 70 years after the explosion, so either change your age or your bio. Other than that your all good.))

"Garm Plasmal, alright well after I ensure that you are, uh, fully qualified for this little adventure then will I fill you in with all the details and then you can make a final decision regarding it."

By fully qualified Adam meant to give him a test, one that would make sure that his weapons aren't for show. Adam didn't want his first companion to die the instant trouble came way. He gives Garm a slight nod, assuming he was smart enough to figure out what he had meant. Then up at Tatum.

"Not really from anywhere around here however I do hope to be of some help as you seem like you could maybe join up with us two as well. Offer ya a chance to prove yourself and join us on an adventure? Oh and you, um, behind Garm may come too. I am sure you would be able to find more about the person you are searching for."

He stood up and pulled a few coins out of his pocket and put them on the bar. Adam looked at both Tatum and Kuwaga waiting for an answer. He was getting more impatient, pulling from his pocket his watch and giving it a quick look then putting it away.

"Do be quick though I would like to get this done before dark... Garm are you ready?"

Craizen Posted: 12:23 May30 2012 Post ID: 3115749
Craizen
A'ight
+
((Can and will do))
penguinlord352 Posted: 15:12 May30 2012 Post ID: 3115772
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm nodded and paid his fare as well. He got up, stretching his arms and legs a bit.

"You can never be too loose before a 'test'. Hehehehe...."

He cracks his neck and some of the tension in his muscles goes away. Garm makes sure his gloves are on tight and his hat is on straight.

"Be waiting outside for you, Boss. Hahahaha..."

With that comment hanging in the air, Garm, the strange laughter-prone assassin, walks out the door to await this 'test'.

the_best_of_the_west Posted: 16:08 May30 2012 Post ID: 3115785
the_best_of_the_west
Kratos' loyal subject!
+
"It would be nice change of pace for a while"

*tatum looks from Katie to Adam, then shrugs*

"I guess count us in"

sig by craizen
In Time of Need -- RP

nightmare2 Posted: 16:22 May30 2012 Post ID: 3115796
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Well that was easy, if you would like to join up then just follow me outside, sir."

Adam looks over at the other stranger unsure about him and the person he was searching for. He smiles politely before putting his attention on the siblings, he gives the young girl, Katie, a friendly smile before walking out of the bar where he spots Garm.

"Right well follow me, think there is a park not far off where we should be able to commence this test without much worry. Now don't worry, it is not going to be all on fighting, but I would like to be able to assess if you will be a liability or not."

Adam walks off to the back of the bar and down a small alleyway, a few minutes later it opens up into a larger street full of people. At this point Adam stops and looks around a little before continuing down the street. Not long after that did the buildings become less and slowly the street was surrounded only by nature.

"Empty... atleast for now so we can only hope it will stay that way."

Adam had walked off the street onto a small pathway that opened up to a large clearing. He walked to the center where he stopped and turned around to face those that had chosen to follow him.

"Right so you all ready?"

the_best_of_the_west Posted: 16:35 May30 2012 Post ID: 3115802
the_best_of_the_west
Kratos' loyal subject!
+
"Right let's do this"

*steps forward putting hand on hilt of sword*

"Test, hmm be more like a warmup of a test"

*Katie stands off looking frightened*

sig by craizen
In Time of Need -- RP

Craizen Posted: 17:09 May30 2012 Post ID: 3115814
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zane had leapt right over the group as they were crossing through the alley, a light shadow over them as he hit the next the rooftop. Normally he wouldn't pay any attention, but the awkwardness of the group threw him for loop. Maybe it was the nervousness of a few of them, maybe it was intuition, he didn't care. He stayed airborne for as long as possibly, landing lightly, and decided to take an alternate route once he figured out where they were going. He was already stationed in a concealed spot a little ways where he could stand before approaching, just to calm his nerves.

"I wonder...he looks like he's in charge of things here. The question is what is he doing out here?" Zane asked himself, looking at Adam.
penguinlord352 Posted: 18:33 May30 2012 Post ID: 3115837
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm quickly and naturally settles into a kickboxing stance, assuming that he had to demonstrate his fighting skill in some way. He chose the safer option, not wanting to risk losing anything to the unknown abilities he believed Adam possessed.

"Alright then...I'm ready."

With Garm, the fighting stance looks so well polished and honed that it appears to be as easy as breathing for him. A sort of natural air of experience and wisdom suddenly seems to radiate from him, something not seen in many people outside the dangerous areas where war and death were the dictators of the government.

nightmare2 Posted: 20:30 May31 2012 Post ID: 3116153
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Well Katie I guess I can test out how smart you are instead of this..."

Besides it seemed that Tatum, even if a little over protective, could handle her safety perfectly fine already. Then again if he was busied Adam wanted to make sure she could atleast defend herself if necessary. But that could wait as he could tell that Garm and Tatum would be able to keep him busy. Adam's eyes briefly flashed over the area in which another person was hiding, which if they decidd to join in he could be in a tough situation. Adam frowned and decided against his original plan.

"Alright change of plan due to, um stuff... we will be doing simple one on one fights. Not too long just a few minutes of sparring in which I can get a general guage of your skill. So let's have Garm up first. Fists I see... alright then."

Adam pulls from his cloak a large knife, about 6 or 7 inches with a serrated edge. He holds it loosely in his left hand, throwing it and catching it with ease then holding it out in front of him like an amateur would; arm straight, edge facing down, and point facing Garm. Adam's right hand is held at his side in a relaxed position.

"Begin."

Craizen Posted: 21:49 May31 2012 Post ID: 3116203
Craizen
A'ight
+
Ha, this guy really doesn't know how to hold a knife. Either that or he is being an idiot as he is testing the waters. It doesn't matter what situation your in, you also hold your weapon correctly or you get hit in the face. Curious though, he's holding his arm at his side instead of up in a defensive position...what is he doing? Zane thought to himself.

Figuring he must have been at least sensed with the sudden change in plans, he relaxed just a bit but was still on guard.

((Just realized my characters do a lot of stalking before doing anything lol))
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close