Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Keep The Serious Story Going

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous
CrypticWizard Posted: 11:39 Jun09 2020 Post ID: 3451341
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
Her resemblance to the head of the UK branch of Dyad Industries was probably just a coincidence. Plus, as she took another look, this attacker had brown eyes. Rachel's were green. And Rachel had a small scar on her forehead, which this woman did not.
"So we need to find out who this Jack Dane person is, and what he wanted. The blonde woman was the one who tried to kill me, not him. What was he after?"
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 02:45 Jun10 2020 Post ID: 3451359
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Max entered the room, and had an admission to make.
"Sorry Kath. I know I said I'd clean up my act, but I slipped up. Just once. The guys I bought some illegal gear off of said they were changing their price, even after I already paid for it and collected it", Max explained.
Max also explained that this man was the brother of the leader of the gang he bought gear off. He didn't know his exact name, but he knew the daily routine that he and his brother's gang take. Kathleen was too busy to handle this, so she dismissed Max, and called Scott and asked him to 'take care of it'. And by that, she meant kill the entire gang.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
CrypticWizard Posted: 12:48 Jun10 2020 Post ID: 3451386
CrypticWizard
+
Scott, of course, was not the one who was going to kill them, but it was his job to give the order out to Dyad's assassins. Nobody knew who the assassins were except themselves, and they didn't always know who the other assassins were. That was the way Kathleen wanted it--it was easier on the conscience to have someone killed if you didn't know who was doing the killing.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jun 10th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 06:41 Jun11 2020 Post ID: 3451391
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
After receiving an anonymous text back accepting the job, Scott let Kathleen know that the gang would be dead soon. Relieved, Kathleen went to say goodbye to Chrissy and Brandon before heading back to work. But she noticed that they were leaving with Max. Kathleen called out, but he didn't stop.
"Seriously, you just admitted that you bought illegal stuff, and now you've decided to keep the kids away from he again?!", Kathleen shrieked.
"I brought violence into our lives once. But you do it almost every bloody week Kath. I'm sick of it!", Max said.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:27 Jun11 2020 Post ID: 3451393
CrypticWizard
+
"And you think you're so much better than me?" she shot back. "I know about what you've been doing, but you thought I'd never find out! It may not be violent, but it is illegal! And you only do it for the money! I do what I do to protect the people I love!"
Brandon was crying. He didn't know what was going on, but he wanted to stay with his mommy.
Chrissy wasn't sure what her father was talking about. As far as she knew, Mom was a surgeon. What was this about violence? And what illegal stuff was Dad doing?
Matt77 Posted: 23:11 Jun11 2020 Post ID: 3451397
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Alright Kath. (the time is currently 1pm) I'm coming into Dyad at 3, and we're talking about this. I'm going to ask your colleagues about your work. And I expect an honest answer, even if I don't like it. I told you about my dirty secret, so now it's time for you to do the same", Max demanded. "And I'm taking Brandon with me. Chrissy honey, you've got to go with your mum for a little while, ok?"
Kathleen agreed, but was stressing out. She definitely didn't want Max finding everything out, but she especially didn't want Chrissy anywhere near the Dyad offices. She was getting old enough to figure things out.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 17:47 Jun13 2020 Post ID: 3451416
CrypticWizard
+
Kathleen did of course have a backup plan. She only needed to make a quick phone call. She sent Chrissy into the house to grab her (Kathleen's) purse, and made the call while her daughter was out of earshot. Then she took Chrissy with her to the hospital (owned by Dyad) where she was registered as a surgeon. Chrissy was relieved, at least for now, that this where her Mom would be.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jun 13th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:59 Jun13 2020 Post ID: 3451425
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The next part of the plan was that Kathleen would get a call detailing that there was a patient across the city that needed urgent medical attention. This would allow Kathleen to get back to the Dyad offices to talk to Max. But of course, she also had a plan as to how to make Max happy without giving him the information he wanted.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 18:02 Jun14 2020 Post ID: 3451431
CrypticWizard
+
But someone was of course going to throw the proverbial wrench in that plan. Prism had tried to kill Kathleen twice already--once with Ben and then again in the bathtub. The third attempt was about to come as she walked toward the Dyad offices to meet with Max. The shot was fired, but her life was saved by pure random chance.
Matt77 Posted: 23:11 Jun14 2020 Post ID: 3451440
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
As was the case in April in an alternate reality, the wind caused the bullet to misfire, and instead shattered the windows of an empty car. Shocked, Katheen quickly took cover inside a nearby cafe with other horrified bystanders. Another shot was fired, but as they were all moving, it could only hit a civilian in the lower leg. Kathleen quickly sent out a range of texts to all Dyad employees informing them of what was happening. She didn't know who to trust, but this method would ensure that several honest people would get the information.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:47 Jul01 2020 Post ID: 3451756
CrypticWizard
+
((Sorry this took so long, I was taking time to come up with a good idea))

Wendy and Scott were, of course, the most trustworthy employees of Dyad. They had been loyal to Julie, but once Kathleen took over, they were willing to work for her in the same capacity. When they got Kathleen's message, they quickly did as they had been instructed. The message Kathleen sent out a code that seemed like ordinary text, but Scott and Wendy alone knew what it really meant.
Matt77 Posted: 23:05 Jul16 2020 Post ID: 3451896
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
(Ditto)

Wendy was tasked with getting Max, Chrissy, & Brandon out of the country. Kathleen knew there may be a time during her work where her family would be in serious danger. She had everything planned for this moment. Scott would take control of Dyad temporarily and seek to catch the moles within the company. Kathleen had a brutal method which could be used which Scott would implement, and while brutal, it was extremely effective.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:00 Jul17 2020 Post ID: 3451903
CrypticWizard
+
Wendy made the necessary calls to arrange for transport. Nobody besides Wendy, not even Kathleen, knew where they would be going. This was mainly for their safety. Scoot, meanwhile, set tow work finding evidence of any moles within Dyad. There was one thing Scott knew to look for.
Matt77 Posted: 23:22 Jul24 2020 Post ID: 3451940
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Every legitimate Dyad employee was implanted with a tiny microchip device when being hired. You see, Dyad relied on letting some moles into the organisation, knowing that they could easily track them, feed them false information, and instead extract information from them. Scott would scan the room and find out who didn't have a chip. He then picked someone who didn't have a chip and revealed that they were the mole. Of course, this would mean that the real mole; who did had a chip implanted, would feel a false sense of security and would mess up.

While this was occurring, Kathleen was still hiding behind the cafe bar with the other civilians while they were being shot at from afar.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:07 Jul25 2020 Post ID: 3451943
CrypticWizard
+
Suddenly, the gunshots stopped. Kathleen told the other patrons to stay down. She took off her cap [remember she was still dressed in surgical gear] and, using a long spoon, eased it up just a little over the bar. She waited a moment but no shot was fired. Holding her breath, she lifted her head just enough to see over the edge. What she saw made her breathe a sigh of relief.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jul 25th 2020 »
Displaying Page 8 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close