Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 141 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 04:29 Jan25 2019 Post ID: 3447204
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Yes, that is awesome when a talented sports star has that mentality. When they value their legacy over money. I see now why Tom Brady asked for his wages to be reduced so the money saved could be used on improving the players around him. Again, another athlete like Serena Williams who wants to go down in history as the best of their era and be remembered forever as one of the all-time greats.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 08:42 Jan26 2019 Post ID: 3447208
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I'll be remembering Maria Sharapova more so than I ever will Serena Williams, but that has to do with more than just tennis... Wiseguy
Matt77 Posted: 10:06 Jan26 2019 Post ID: 3447209
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Lol.

I can't say I agree though.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 19:56 Jan26 2019 Post ID: 3447210
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Maria = 11/10

Serena = N/A

XD
Matt77 Posted: 01:52 Jan27 2019 Post ID: 3447214
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
All female tennis players = N/A

'_'

Aaaaanyways... How exactly did we start talking about tennis in an NFL thread, when I coincidentally created a tennis thread a few days ago? Lol.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 27th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Matt77 Posted: 22:05 Jan27 2019 Post ID: 3447216
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh no...

Washington said today that they believe Alex Smith will miss the entire 2019/20 season with his injury...

And another bad thing Warrior. Your title defense next season is under serious threat. I just worked out that last season you scored 162. This season I scored 165 and Dennis scored 163. Cool We are VERY capable of beating you.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 28th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 01:22 Jan28 2019 Post ID: 3447217
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Only a few days ago did I fully realise what Bountygate was, and how big of a story it was.

I can't help but think what happened to New Orleans with the PI non-call is karma for not being punished after Bountygate. Far out, they got off lightly. How on earth were they allowed to keep their Superbowl title, despite 100% definitely seeking out to injure opposition players????????? There were several players on the New Orleans team and even players on other teams that had Gregg Williams coaching with them, that came out and said that the bounties were real. Also, how on earth did Williams get reinstated? Thank god Cleveland got rid of him as interim HC.

Imo, Williams and Payton should've still been suspended, but New Orleans should've had their title stripped, along with a 3-win penalty in the following season (eg in 2010 when they finished 11-5 and got a wildcard, it should've been cut to 8-8). I mean, what the... They even ended a guy's career...

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:02 Jan28 2019 Post ID: 3447218
Sanzano
+
Alex Smith's career is over, no way is he coming back from that injury and almost a two year layoff. He will be too old anyway, the Redskins need to move on and rally behind a rookie quarterback. Alex Smith is now dead money.

Looking forward to seeing LA Rams blowing out the Patriots and coming second in the competition. Next year I will be aiming for 1st place. No way is Warrior13 getting an early lead next season, I now at least know something about all the teams.

Matt77 Posted: 03:27 Jan28 2019 Post ID: 3447220
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Ok, I have to stop doubting you. I went back and found when we were discussing the 5 rookie QBs immediately after the draft, and your thoughts on them were spot on. You were on the money with 5/5 of them. Specifically that you had huge expectations for Mayfield. There were countless other examples when you completely outsmarted me & Warrior.

Seriously. It was uncanny how many times you correctly predicted things.

Conclusions:
- Alex Smith will never play NFL again
- LA Rams will destroy New England 45-7 in the Superbowl (or a similar blowout margin)
- You will win tipping in 2019/20
- Mayfield will win MVP next season (or will have an amazing season)

I look forward to coming back to this post in the future

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:36 Jan30 2019 Post ID: 3447229
Sanzano
+
Lol, I can see at least two or maybe three of those predictions coming in. Mayfield winning the MVP is going out on a limb but I think it is possible, especially if the Browns have another good draft and they give Mayfield some more weapons and the team gets a winning record and squeaks into the playoffs.

When you look at Mayfield he has that poster boy look the NFL likes, I expect to see Mayfield on the cover of Madden NFL within the next couple of years. This year it will probably be Mahommes, to me he has been the standout player of the season.

Matt77 Posted: 10:07 Jan30 2019 Post ID: 3447231
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Either Brady or Goff will be on the cover; whoever wins the Superbowl. Clearly Mahomes is the #1 QB in the league, but winning the SB should (and probably will) get you on.

You finally got your wish with a player with personality. He did get mixed responses for his antics with Hue Jackson, but I found it hilarious. Clearly no-one messes with Baker and gets away with it. I think of the other young QBs, and there's not really an appeal. As in they're good people, but not as interesting to follow. Suddenly like you say, Cleveland are watchable and have a real buzz going on.

Historically franchise comebacks start from having to endure heartbreak and struggles early on. I can think of countless examples of this in various team and individual sports. Pittsburgh are on the decline, Cincy are Cincy and are going no-where, and Baltimore have an ageing defense and a risky prospect at QB. Things are looking very good for Cleveland, and I'm confident they will win the NFC North.

Prime example: LA Rams are playing in the Superbowl (which they DESERVE to be in. Don't let Saints fans fool you) with a squad full of above average to elite players. 2 seasons ago they finished 4-12 and Goff was 0-7 and a bust in waiting.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 30th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 15:00 Jan30 2019 Post ID: 3447234
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Who do you guys think will go #1 overall in the draft? Which QB do you think will go first?

I have Bosa going to the Cards, unless someone trades up for a QB. The only QB I would risk going with this year is Jones.
Matt77 Posted: 20:11 Jan30 2019 Post ID: 3447236
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nick Bosa is the best player in the draft, so he should get drafted at #1. Literally zero teams should reach for a QB this draft. Haskins is a 1st rounder but the rest of them probably belong in the 2nd round, even though teams might reach and take them earlier. There was a (horrible) mock draft which had 4 QBs being selected in the top 10...

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:59 Jan30 2019 Post ID: 3447237
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
NFL.com mocks are horrible. XD
Matt77 Posted: 07:22 Jan31 2019 Post ID: 3447239
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
So, so true *insert laughing emoji that doesn't exist*. Bucky Brooks' latest version of his mock for 2018 had Mason Rudolph being selected at pick 12 *insert laughing emoji that doesn't exist*.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 31st 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:43 Feb01 2019 Post ID: 3447248
Sanzano
+
The 2019 draft doesn't have the level of talent that was available in last year's draft. I see now why they were calling the 2018 draft one of the best ever. It will be interesting to see what the Raiders do with all those picks considering how weak this years draft is. Will they use them anyway or trade them as bargaining chips to get experienced players. One things for sure, I wouldn't trust Jon Grudden to pick the players, he has a terrible track record drafting players.

I was hoping the Redskins would draft Drew Lock but it looks like the Denver Broncos have their sights set on him. I can't figure out why most of the mock drafts have A.J. Brown as the first pick for the Redskins, what's the point of drafting a wide reciever if there is nobody to throw the ball to him.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 1st 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 07:33 Feb01 2019 Post ID: 3447251
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Las Vegas (I'm going to start calling them that because eventually they will be moving there, and I'll have to get used to typing LV Raiders now) are screwed. Their supposed quality three 1st round picks have turned into picks 4, 24, and 27. Chicago and Dallas making playoffs after most thought pre-season that they would be a long way off, has seriously hurt. Pick 4 will be a star whoever they choose, but picks 24 and 27 could be booms or busts depending on how start/dumb LV Raiders are.

I'm a big fan of drafting the team pieces before the franchise QB. If you get a franchise QB, but have a rubbish running game, terrible receivers, and a weak o-line, they will become a bust. But on the other end of the spectrum, an average QB can at least be competent if they have quality pieces to help them. And I agree, Washington MUST draft a WR with their 1st round pick unless Daniel Jones is available (doubtful). That way assuming Colt McCoy recovers from his broken leg in time for week 1, he will have a young WR that will stay injury-free and who can be a bail-out option for McCoy.

If Drew Lock is drafted in the 1st round by Washington, it will be a reach. Lock is a 2nd-rounder in terms of his ability. Think about it; a rookie QB who was selected too high starts week 1 with one of the worst WR groups in the NFL. That is not a good scenario to imagine.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:28 Feb01 2019 Post ID: 3447252
Sanzano
+
You're probably right Matt, no point having a top QB draft pick with no offensive line or recievers and throw him to the lions in week 1, he'll just get battered and lose confidence. Washington are in a mess, Colt McCoy isn't the answer, he's just a back-up who knows the system because he's been there years. Smith will never play again so where do the Redskins go from there? Like you say the logical thing would be to take the best players available when it's their turn to pick and look for a quarterback in a couple of years time when the other pieces are in place.

Matt77 Posted: 20:04 Feb01 2019 Post ID: 3447254
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I would say free agency is the best option, but they'll be strapped for cash because of the Alex Smith dead money. So that leaves drafting. I don't think it should be 1st round, but in this draft Washington need to draft one. Even though he's not the answer, McCoy is the best option in the short term.

I'm a big fan of system QBs, so he should do well enough (when he took over, WAS were trailing 7-17 vs Houston, and he helped lead them to a 21-20 lead before the defense choked twice). Nick Mullens, Matt Moore, Case Keenum, & of course Nick Foles, are just some of the various QBs that have shined in a particular team but not with others.

In time, whether it's 2019/20 or the season after, McCoy would then hand the job to the rookie. I'd say it would be best to start McCoy for the entire season so that way Washington have 2 drafts to build a proper offense. Then when the rookie starts, like you say he won't be thrown to the lions.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 1st 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 08:12 Feb03 2019 Post ID: 3447270
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
So, we're finally here! It's Superbowl day in American time, and in roughly 12 hours we'll have a winner.

I can't remember my original score pick, but I'll be going with New England 24 LA Rams 20. NFL.com 'experts' went 11-10 in NE's favour when picking their winner, so no doubt it's a close call. I just think LA Rams will crumble under pressure much like they did vs Atlanta in last year's wildcard round. I think LAR will score a TD on the opening drive, but stall for the remaining half and fall behind 7-14 at half time. They will pull to 13-14 at 3QT, but NE will score quickly to make it 24-13, before LA Rams score late to make it interesting.

Bold prediction: LA Rams enter deep in NE territory down 20-24 with 20 seconds left, and are denied a PI penalty on 3rd down.

It's NE 3 LAR 0 at half time. So it was low scoring as I predicted, but this low scoring??? NE should be up by a long way, but Brady threw an INT in LAR territory on the opening drive (-3pts), they missed a FG (-3pts), and Brady threw an incompletion on 4th & 1 in LAR territory (-3pts). It arguably should be 12-0.

And surprise surprise, New England win yet again. 13-3 was the final score. LA Rams got it back to 3-3 after a streak of 8 consecutive punts finally ended, but then New England scored a TD immediately. LA Rams should've tied the scores if not for a horrible WR drop, and on the very next play Goff threw a horrible interception. Then the LAR defense fell apart and allowed several long runs, and NE scored to make it 13-3. LAR then missed a FG very late to seal their loss.

Julian Edelman was named MVP after 10 receptions for 141 yards.

Ugh. Why did Houston have to lose @ Philly in week 16? Had they won that game, New England would've been the #3 seed and earned no bye. And there's very little chance that NE won't earn that 1st week bye once again next season, gifting them a run to the SB once again.

Way-too early SB pick: New England v New Orleans

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 3rd 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 141 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close