Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 260 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 14:34 Jan10 2021 Post ID: 3453150
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I've been researching the potential Desaun Watson trade to Miami. I don't think it will happen, after the first year it will cost the Dolphins 80 million the following two years which will cripple the team.

It's more likely the Dolphins will take a quarterback with the number 3 pick in the draft. Miami management know they will unlikely have such a high draft again in the near future. Apparently Miami fans have not taken to Tua who has not shined like Burrow and Herbert, two rookies you can already see are franchise quarterbacks.

Not fair really, Tua was always fighting for the starting job with Fitzgerald which is something Burrows and Herbert didn't have to worry about which may explain his conservative play. Also, Josh Allen didn"t have a great rookie year and look at him now. It will be interesting to see what happens with Tua, I personally like him, I can see potential, the problem I have with Tua is he plays too safe which will not win Miami a Super Bowl. I'm wondering if the Dolphins would consider taking Justin Fields with the number 3 pick and trade Tua to a team like Washington for a 2nd round pick, similar to what the Cardinals did with Josh Rosen.

After Lawrence, Fields, Wilson and Lance there is a massive drop off in talent at the position and unless Washington trade up those players will be gone.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 10th 2021 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 20:09 Jan10 2021 Post ID: 3453151
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Browns are MURDERING the Steelers.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:31 Jan10 2021 Post ID: 3453152
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Would be a huge mistake IMO to take a QB at #3 and only get a 2nd round pick for Tua. Give the man a shot. And that 40m a year is going to be standard for any franchise-level QB in the next few years. Baker Mayfield will get between 30-35m a year from the Browns and he's been a tier below the top guys.

Let's not talk about this game though.
Warrior13 Posted: 04:55 Jan11 2021 Post ID: 3453153
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I am going with Chiefs, Ravens, Packers, and Buccaneers.
Sanzano Posted: 10:12 Jan11 2021 Post ID: 3453154
Sanzano
+
I am going with Chiefs, Bills, Packers, and Buccaneers.

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:54 Jan11 2021 Post ID: 3453155
steelersrock01
+
I'm gonna hold off until later in the week a bit. Still undecided on Bills/Ravens and Bucs/Saints
Matt77 Posted: 21:49 Jan11 2021 Post ID: 3453156
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It would be a disgrace if Miami drafted a QB and dumped Tua. I hated what Arizona did to Rosen, and that was after he had a 3-10 record as a starter. Tua must be given an opportunity to play with a proper OC, and a new WR. On the other hand, if we can make a trade for Watson, I would be ok with that, because Watson is a top 5 QB with huge potential.

Buffalo weren't convincing at all. As Warrior pointed out, if Indy had taken their chances, they could've won. They'll probably be 50/50 to win against Baltimore.

Awful from Seattle. Playing at home, in the playoffs, against LA Rams, who had a half-injured Goff.

Washington went ok. I didn't think they would manage to score 23 points. But the defense let them down. As for Tampa Bay, they should be beating a 7-9 team by more than a score.

The bad Tennessee showed up. They were way too inconsistent this season. Lamar gets his first playoff win too.

No surprise New Orleans won.

Stunning. 28-0 in the first quarter. 48-37 is completely misleading. Pittsburgh kept scoring garbage time TDs right after Cleveland extended their lead. Big Ben's stats tell the story; 500+ yards, 4TDs, 4INTs. Since starting 11-0, Pittsburgh are 1-5, with their only win coming after they trailed 7-24.

Leaderboard:
1st - Dennis (3)
1st - Me (3)
1st - Mike (3)
1st - Warrior (3)

Lol.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 11th 2021 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 12:04 Jan12 2021 Post ID: 3453158
Sanzano
+
Tua had four great wide receivers at college, all 1st rounders in the NFL. Maybe he's not as good as everyone thought now he is not surrounded with elite weapons.

I hear if the Dolphins keep Tua they are going to get him one of those receivers plus his running back from Alabama in the 1st round.

If I was Miami I'd be hoping the trade for Deshaun Watson gets done, that makes Miami instant Super Bowl contenders. Bottom line is, Tua has question marks while Watson you know you have a top 3 elite quarterback.

The Texans took away Hopkins, his best reciever and Watson still leads the league in passing. I wish it was Washington who had a chance to get him.

Looks like Warrior13 is going to cash in, Chiefs and Bucs are in the final eight. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams make it to the final. As soon as Brady get's into the playoffs his play goes up another level,the guy has nearly twice as many Touchdowns in post season than any other player in NFL history. His motivation this year is he wants to prove to the world he didn't need Belichick and another ring playing for another team silences all his critics.

Who was the college quarterback a couple of years ago who the scouts said was arrogant, selfish, and difficult to get along with and unliked by teammates? Was it Josh Allen or Josh Rosen. I'm pretty sure it was one of those two,I get them mixed up.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 12th 2021 »

Matt77 Posted: 21:48 Jan12 2021 Post ID: 3453159
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That was Josh Rosen. From all accounts he's been a better person now that he's in the NFL (he handled the Arizona exit very well). But then again, he's been at Arizona (who needed a QB), Miami (who needed a QB), Tampa Bay (who needed a future QB), and now San Francisco. I was surprised when Miami got rid of him, and shocked when Tampa Bay did too.

My divisional round picks are:
Packers, Bills, Browns, Saints

Green Bay have been given a ticket straight to the NFC Championship game.

Buffalo is a 50/50 pick, but I went with them cause they're the home team and because I trust Josh Allen more than Lamar Jackson in a big game.

Picking Cleveland may be a bit of a reach, but it's not without logic. KC have only lost 1 game all year with starters playing, but there have been a number of close wins. When teams forget what it feels like to lose, that's dangerous. KC's starters also haven't played a game for 3 weeks. Going into the playoffs cold, and facing an in-form team with lots of confidence and a dominant offense, spells trouble. Regardless of who wins, I think it will be a shootout.

Another tricky game, but I picked New Orleans cause they are at home, and 2-0 against Tampa Bay this season (including a 38-3 thrashing). The matchup is tricky for Tampa Bay. New Orleans need to keep Tampa Bay below 30 points to win.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 05:51 Jan13 2021 Post ID: 3453160
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Browns? Ooh... I could never go against the Chiefs. I have more confident in both the Ravens and Buccaneers pulling an upset on the road than the Browns. Shoot, I think I would even go with the Rams, because of their defense, before picking the Browns over the Chiefs.

The Browns defense isn't in the best place right now. Don't let the five takeaways they had against the Steelers fool you; most of those were giveaways by Pittsburgh. The Browns are down their two best CBs, and I don't know if they will be back this week. And Garrett was only in like half of the plays against the Steelers, looking banged up as well. Don't get me wrong, I think the Browns run game will see them competing early, but unless the Chiefs don't do anything too detrimental, I can't see them being stopped.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:53 Jan13 2021 Post ID: 3453161
steelersrock01
+
I wouldn't write off the Rams so readily, Matt. They have a great defense and it's not like the Packers were destroying contenders every week.

That said, I'm going Packers, Bills, Chiefs, Saints

Packers/Rams and Saints/Bucs are a toss-up for me, but I hate betting against Rodgers, and the Saints won both of their games against the Bucs this year and I don't think that'll change.

Lamar Jackson just doesn't impress me as a quarterback, especially in the playoffs. And I don't think the Chiefs will make the same mistakes the Steelers did. Even if a very small part of me does want the Browns to have some success for their fans.
Matt77 Posted: 22:02 Jan13 2021 Post ID: 3453162
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - I'm well aware about how bad the Cleveland defense is. But KC's defense isn't so great either. My logic is that KC start flat because of not playing for 3 weeks, and Cleveland get a quick 14-0 lead. Then if the game becomes a shootout as I predict, KC will be playing catch up. Remember last season in the divisional round, KC went down 0-24 to Houston, before waking up and scoring a 50-burger, and keeping Houston to 7 points. But I trust Cleveland's offense more than the Bill O'Brien-lead Houston offense. When you're up 24-0 after a quarter, you should be scoring 40+ points.

Mike - I don't trust LA Rams to put together consecutive good performances, and especially Goff. The Rams' defense is going to have to play lights out. They'd probably need 2INTs and 5 sacks, cause I can't see them scoring more than 24 points. Rodgers has thrown 4INTs in 16 games.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 13th 2021 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:17 Jan14 2021 Post ID: 3453163
Sanzano
+
Please change my selection of the the Bucs v Saints game to New Orleans. I dindn't realise the Saints have beaten the Bucs twice already this season and the Buccaneers are 1-5 against playoff teams.

I would take the Rams if it was not for the fact they are playing in Green Bay and Rogers is hot at the moment.

So I'm Packers, Bills, Chiefs, Saints

Matt77 Posted: 03:21 Jan14 2021 Post ID: 3453164
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Wow, 1-5 against playoff teams! Bizarrely enough, that 1 win was a 38-10 thrashing of Green Bay. Their 5 losses have been:
23-34 @ New Orleans
19-20 @ Chicago
3-38 vs New Orleans
24-27 vs LA Rams
24-27 vs Kansas City

They were very close in the other games, but they haven't come close to beating New Orleans. This reminds me of a few years ago when Carolina played New Orleans in the playoffs, and were 0-2 against them. They lost to them again in a close game.

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 13:42 Jan14 2021 Post ID: 3453166
steelersrock01
+
Looks like Matt will be able to take the lead if the Browns can pull it off. Major props if they do cause I'm not ballsy enough to pick them.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:40 Jan14 2021 Post ID: 3453167
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm good with my picks. I can't see the Chiefs losing, and I think the same of the Packers since Goff's thumb has every couple of passes being wonky. I'm not so sure about the Ravens or Bucs, but I think Lamar will be a tough matchup for the Bills after a physical matchup with the Colts (now having to run all over to try to contain him) and it's so hard to defeat a team three times in a year (like the Saints will be try to do). Plus, AB's first game back was against the Saints, and now he is much more acclimated with the system (seven games since then). I expect him to be key, especially if the Bucs are going to pull the upset.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 14th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:20 Jan15 2021 Post ID: 3453168
Sanzano
+
Two things against the Browns, number one they have injuries on the defensive line so the only threat real threat is Myles Garrett and they can't run against Kansas. This leads me to think they will be nullified and give more than enough time for Mahomes to pick them apart. If anyone can beat Kansas it is Buffalo.

Miami players are idiots trashing Tua anonymously in the Miami Herald this week, and it wasn't one player but a dozen of them. They all basically said he was a great guy but trash as a quarterback. If the Deshaun Watson trade doesn't happen how is Tua going to feel going into training camp. If I was him I'd want a trade, I wouldn't want to play for a bunch of backstabbers. Top trainers are now coming out of the woodwork telling the world about Tua's limitations, these are the same people funny enough who were heralding Tua as Miami's savior this time last year.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 15th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 13:20 Jan15 2021 Post ID: 3453170
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Myles Garrett was also banged up in that Steelers game, which could hurt the Browns if he can play all three downs (especially with how much the Chiefs pass). Luckily, the Browns will be getting back their corners. Hopefully they will be back at full go because they are going to need it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:22 Jan16 2021 Post ID: 3453172
steelersrock01
+
Gah, very frustrating past few days for me. We learned my grandmom has been been paying almost $100(!!!!) a month for a landline phone through Verizon, so we decided to help her out and consolidate bills by switching her landline over to Xfinity which would save about $50 a month for her since she's got cable already.

Queue about 20 hours of being on the phone and in live chats trying to get her phone number ported over, because she didn't want a new one cause she's used the same one for 50+ years. Good God. Finally taken care of.

Then yesterday I'm playing a game and alt+tab while it's saving and it crashes my whole PC. My games are on a separate drive, any time you click any file on that drive it freezes everything. So I try to format, doesn't work. Finally I reinstall Windows and force it format that way, doesn't work. So I wipe the drive completely and it lets me format. Problem solved, right? Nope, still freezes the system. So I yanked it out and went and bought a new one and now I have to reinstall everything. And I came about an inch away from destroying my phone and kindle because I spilled water while all this was happening.

At least the Packers are winning.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:50 Jan16 2021 Post ID: 3453173
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Packers roll, as expected. Goff, though looking better, just could not sustain with consistency with his thumb.

Bills also won. Ravens had two missed kicks from the most accurate kicker in NFL History, plus Lamar threw a terrible pick in the end zone that was returned all the way. Not going to say they would have won if none of those happened, but considering the bills only had ten points otherwise, the pretty much would have. I said it last week with the Colts: you cannot have mistakes like that if you want to beat the Bills. That said, Bills really got to be worried. If not for errors by their opponents, they would have lost both of their playoff games thus far. Chiefs, with Reid as their coach, with tear them apart if they do not figure it out.
Displaying Page 260 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close