Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 296 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:06 Jun19 2021 Post ID: 3454708
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
No doubt.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:55 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454711
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
But why did those girls all come out of the woodwork at that specific time, it was almost as if someone pressed a button to start a defamation scandal to prevent Watson from moving. I'm beginning to wonder if the Texan organisation were paying off girls to maintain their players squeaky clean profile but refused to continue doing so when Watson publicly stated he wanted out. It's all very strange how it suddenly came to light, I'm sure we'll find out one day.

The other thing I find strange is that Watson paid air flights for these 'inexperienced' girls which he searched for over the internet to come from other states and give him a massage. Are those girls really that naive, surely they must have realised he was going to want something in return which would maybe come in the form of sexual favors. They could of course been starstruck at the time and felt it was an opportunity to become established in their profession and pick up some high profile clients in the NFL through him and earn big money but then again surely they must of thought to themselves 'why me?'.

I'm also beginning to wonder if Watson was alone or part of some kind of network. The way everything suddenly blew up and a lot of those girls just so happen to know each other makes me suspicious something was going on, surely those girls talked amongst themselves, they are in the same profession after all. It just needs one of those girls to get compromised if it is some kind of scam and the case will collapse. It's basically a case of is Watson going to gamble by going to court or pay off his accusers and move on. I personally think if he is guilty he is going to make them sweat a little bit now but will pay them off just before the trial goes to court.

At the end of the day I want to see justice served. I think there are going to be a few more twists and turns before that happens though. I really don't know what to make of it all as it currently stands to be honest.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jun 20th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 06:17 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454714
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Not sure how much justice will happen since they are civil lawsuits. The most I can see happening is he settles out of court and seeks some type of mental health, but I don't think he will do so until the Texans consider trading him.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:47 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454715
steelersrock01
+
I think all of them coming out like that at once was a product of 1 or 2 deciding to come forward and the rest saying "okay, it's safe now, I can tell my story too".

Him paying the girls to fly in is strange, but it's easy to see how the girls would go for. Fly in, work on an NFL superstar, go back home and have a story to tell and a way to build your local client list.
Matt77 Posted: 09:56 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454718
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It's weird, because if you asked me 12 months ago who the best QBs were in terms of their character, Watson would've been one of the first I'd have mentioned. Such a shame.

It's funny in hindsight now. Everyone crucified Chicago for passing on Mahomes and Watson. But if they had drafted Watson, they'd be in a situation where their star QB wasn't going to play for them anymore. Instead they have drafted Fields, and Houston are screwed.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 11:30 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454721
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, it's funny how things work out sometimes. If you actually look at it, the Bears might come out on top. Sure, they missed out on Mahomes, but no one that year thought he would be as incredible as he has turned out to be. Trubisky was considered the safest pick and most pro ready, Mahomes was considered to have the highest ceiling, and Watson had the college record. If Fields works out, considering how Watson's career is in jeopardy, the Bears could consider it a win since even Trubisky was actually successful (record wise) for the Bears.
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:50 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454722
steelersrock01
+
I mean, the Bears still could've drafted Watson and if we assume they would've been mediocre with him playing they could've drafted Fields anyway after Watson's situation came to light. Or Watson could've elevated them higher than Trubisky and they could've had more playoff success or a Super Bowl run and still been able to trade up to the middle of the first round to take Fields. So I'm not seeing how Chicago won by passing on Watson really. If anything they just didn't exactly hurt themselves, but that's assuming Watson wouldn't have had more success than Trubisky.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:54 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454724
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm not sure Watson would've had much more success with the Bears than Trubisky, at least in leading them deep into the Playoffs. Maybe he would've given them a few more wins, but I doubt they would've been better than Saints, Bucs, Packers, 49ers, and Seahawks over the last few years.
Sanzano Posted: 16:02 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454725
Sanzano
+
Trubishky as far as I'm concerned was a bust at Chicago, he did nothing of note during his time there.

Fields hasn't done anything yet either but I get the feeling he is going to turn out to be the best quarterback of his draft class and at least get the Bears to the Super Bowl with tbw help of their defence which is still very good.

Watson has to be considered as a wasted talent if he can't regain the form he displayed before the scandal. Bears are probably quit happy at the moment the way things have worked out. They just had to wait a few years to get their guy. I didn't realize the Bears had an opportunity to draft Mahomes, if they had done so we may be talking about the Bears being a dynasty and not the chiefs because like I said before, their defence has been elite in recent years.

Warrior13 Posted: 17:01 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454728
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I would not call Trubisky a bust. He has won basically six out of every ten games he has played, and none of those Bears teams had many weapons for him. That said, they have had a good defense to make up for that.

More like inconsistent than bust, something I do not think you can really put too much emphasis on during a kids first four years. Where would Rodgers be or Alex Smith had been if a team gave up on them after their first contract? Sometimes it takes these guys a while to achieve their potential. But I get it: it is a business and these coaches cannot wait forever with a guy when their jobs are on the line as well.
Sanzano Posted: 17:29 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454729
Sanzano
+
Trubishky was the second pick of the 2017 draft for the Bears and is now a backup for the Bills. No way is he replacing Josh Allen, he'll never be a starter for another NFL team. That to me makes him a bust, a quarterback taken that high in the draft is considered to be special, but that hasn't been the case in recent years.

I remember Trubishky's draft class, it was considered one of the worst in years which is why he went so high, he was basically considered at the time the best of a bad bunch. If I was a Bear fan I would have been disappointed, good solid quarterback but nothing special. The Bears even brought in Andy Dalton to replace him before they picked up Fields. Maybe calling Trubisshky a bust is a bit harsh but I think he will be a journeyman from now on in.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jun 20th 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:13 Jun20 2021 Post ID: 3454732
steelersrock01
+
I think being the #2 pick and then 4 years later being a backup to a guy younger than you is pretty firmly in bust territory. Not on the level of a Jamarcus Russell or Josh Rosen, but if you're drafted that high and don't get a second contract you're a bust. Best backup in the league though and I think he could start for Philly, Giants, Saints, Panthers, Patriots, Lions, Broncos, Texans, and maybe the Steelers and a couple other teams and be as good or better than what they've got. He's just not a franchise type player and he's not going to lead a team anywhere and if the team around him isn't elite they aren't going to win.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:11 Jun21 2021 Post ID: 3454734
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I would not call him a bust, and I have a feeling he will get a starting job in the future. Again, consistency is his main issue. It is not his fault that the Bears reached on him. Remember that he did lead them to to be like 12-4 that one year.
Sanzano Posted: 17:35 Jun21 2021 Post ID: 3454735
Sanzano
+
I remember the fuss that was made when the Bears selected Trobishky so highly, the general consensus was he would be a second round draft pick in any other year. The Texans may be a possibility if Watson leaves or can't play because of the case. Those other teams you mentioned steelerrocka01 seem a bit of a reach to me to be honest.

Is Josh Rosen now out of football? It's shame if he is as I think he could of had a career with the Saint's now Brees is gone.

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:52 Jun21 2021 Post ID: 3454737
steelersrock01
+
Rosen's actually on the 49ers as their QB3.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:38 Jun21 2021 Post ID: 3454739
steelersrock01
+
Some brief notes:

Raiders defensive lineman Carl Nassib becomes the first active player to come out as gay. Several have come out after retirement or while not active on a team, but Nassib is the first that should see a good chunk of playing time after being out. Not a huge deal to me, but good for him and I'm sure it's a huge relief even though his teammates 100% already knew.

KC defensive lineman Frank Clark has been arrested on a felony weapons charge for having an Uzi in his Lambo. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but growing up with a single mother who was an addict probably did him no favors. Millions of dollars does not equal smart. Stay in school kids.

ARI rookie LB Zaven Collins arrested for reckless driving. Potential character concern, but probably not a huge deal.

Vikings Rookie DT Jaylen Twyman was shot 4 times visiting his aunt in DC. They say he'll be okay, but no other info was given.

Also just saw an insane stat. Ezekiel Elliot has more touches than any other active RB besides Mark Ingram (who is 31) despite being just 25.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Jun 21st 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 20:00 Jun21 2021 Post ID: 3454741
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I feel bad for Rosen. Cards cleaned house after his first year, then Miami had worst roster in the NFL, and now the Niners go big on Lance. I was hoping the Bucs would have signed him up from their Practice Squad so he could sit behind Brady for a few years, but he will now likely be one of the many players that never were given a fair shot.

DC sounds like a wonderful place.
Sanzano Posted: 23:58 Jun21 2021 Post ID: 3454742
Sanzano
+
Hanging onto his NFL career by his fingertips by the sound of it. Classic example of how a talented player can be ruined if they go to the wrong club. Is Zack Wilson going to be the next Josh Rosen? I have a feeling Sam Darnold will be successful now he is away from the Jets.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:42 Jun22 2021 Post ID: 3454745
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yep, a lot to do where you get drafted.

Wilson could certainly be the next Rosen, especially after what happened to Darnold in New York. But I think they are at least trying to help their QB more.
Sanzano Posted: 10:13 Jun23 2021 Post ID: 3454749
Sanzano
+
Which franchises in our lifetime do you think will never win a Super Bowl?

At the moment the list stands as Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, Los Angeles Chargers, Tennessee Titans, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I personally think it will be the Detroit Lions who have the curse of Bobby Layne hanging over them.
Texans are a good bet too.

Displaying Page 296 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close