Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 355 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 14:29 Feb06 2022 Post ID: 3457079
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I have not heard that, but it would not surprise me. They need to back Tua and let the job be his and only his. See what hes got to offer.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:19 Feb07 2022 Post ID: 3457080
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Totally agree with you Warrior13, I don't understand why Tua gets all this negativity. He had it before he event threw a ball in the NFL, there was all that concern about his injuries, then there was the uproar when he took over from Fitzpatrick and the veteran got traded. The controversy with Watson and teammates saying he wasn't a good quarterback, and now talk of bringing in a veteran to replace him when he fails. I can't get my head around it as Tua was starting to put up some good numbers towards the end of last season. The team had a poor start and finished strong yet for some reason he doesn't get no credit for it.

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:42 Feb07 2022 Post ID: 3457081
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
The hate campaign around Tua has been one of the most bizarre NFL things I've ever seen. I understand he might be a disappointment when you could've had Burrow or Herbert instead or whatever. But all this stuff with the coach and other players just completely hating on him is insane. Is he just incredibly toxic in the locker room or something? Everything I've seen about him just makes him seem like a quiet professional. There have been a ton of guys drafted highly that have played way worse and haven't dealt with 1/10 the crap Tua has.
Sanzano Posted: 15:11 Feb07 2022 Post ID: 3457082
Sanzano
+
I know,it's strange. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Dolphins tanking for him. It was so obvious the NFL had to get involved and put a stop to it by threatening the Dolphins who suddenly started winning. The 'tank for Tua' if I remember correctly. Nothing to do with Tua but it's tarnished his name and put a target on his back to be shot down before he has even thrown a ball in the NFL.

I see Kyler Murray has taken down everything to do with the Cardinals from his social network. Rumor had it he is going to demand to be traded. No idea what his problem is but if would be a good pickup for Washington if he becomes available.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 7th 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 15:33 Feb07 2022 Post ID: 3457083
steelersrock01
+
Sure, but plenty of teams do that all the time just without the cute hashtag.
Sanzano Posted: 01:25 Feb08 2022 Post ID: 3457084
Sanzano
+
I'm not so sure teams do tank on purpose for a particular player in the draft. There's no guarantee that the player's success in college will translate into success in the NFL. Plus when teams 'tank' it puts jobs and hard earned reputations at risk, for starters the guy who is currently playing the position the team is tanking for must feel wonderful. Two other players teams tanked for in recent years were Trevor Lawrence and Chase Young, both so far have been mediocre in the pros. Chase Young had a good start but has been found out to be a one-trick pony, take away his bull rush and he is easily contained and Trevor Lawrence needs a supporting cast to shine like he did in college.

Warrior13 Posted: 22:49 Feb08 2022 Post ID: 3457087
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Murray is a young turd. He wants to be paid now, so what does he do? He acts like a child and deletes all his accounts with the Cardinals until he gets his way. So childish. Like dude, you are gonna get your money one way or the other.

Finally picked my Super Bowl team and score. Took long enough.
Sanzano Posted: 01:27 Feb09 2022 Post ID: 3457088
Sanzano
+
I now hope Washington don't try and trade for Murray, I didn't realize that was what he was upset about. The guy has to play out his rookie contract like everyone else otherwise he sets a precedent, before you know it you will have other top players in their rookie contracts wanting to be paid early and the league will descend into chaos.

Mica Parsons of the Cowboys is a beast. At the Pro Bowl skills tournament, he beat Tyreek Hill in the 40 yard dash. Hill couldn't hide his embarrassment, and Parsons couldn't believe what he had just done himself.
Hilarious.

Rumblings are getting louder that Russell Wilson is coming to Washington. Sources say he is interested and is willing to waive his no trade contract. Apparently Wilson was raised in the area so he would be coming home. Wilson formed a friendship with Jonathan Allen at the Pro Bowl.

Warrior13, what took you so long to pick a Super Bowl winner, the Rams blow away the Bengals 34-17.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 9th 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 19:55 Feb09 2022 Post ID: 3457089
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, Murray acting like this so early into his rookie contract can set a bad precedent. It's already bad enough when guys hold out but he is on a #1 overall pick salary and a QB getting a megadeal so early in his career just closes his team's super bowl window earlier. The NFL doesn't want to end up like the NBA where some guys get paid max contracts and then a year or two later hold out for a trade, and the entire contract is guaranteed.
Sanzano Posted: 01:21 Feb10 2022 Post ID: 3457090
Sanzano
+
The problem the Cardinals have is that Murray is far and away their best player and for the team to have any chance of reaching the playoffs next year they need him back. Murray knows this and is basically doing a Dak Prescott and like the Cowboys quarterback who also held his team to ransom Murray will get his money early to stop things getting ugly. Then it's only a matter of time before Allen, Burrow, and Herbert follow suit. Bottom line is it is tough to get an elite quarterback and when you do find one you pull out all stops to keep him.

Rumblings are getting even louder that Russell Wilson will be coming to Washington. It he comes he will be the best quarterback the team has had since Joe Theismann in 1985. Problem is he will come at a hefty price, there is already talk that Chase Young will be part of the package. I'd rather keep Chase Young, Russell Wilson is 34, his best years are behind him.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 10th 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 15:49 Feb10 2022 Post ID: 3457091
steelersrock01
+
Josh Allen actually already got his extension, it goes through 2028 and kicks in in 2023.It's roughly $40M a year which is going to be the going rate now and likely what Murray wants. IDK if Murray is worth that at this point.
Sanzano Posted: 01:28 Feb11 2022 Post ID: 3457092
Sanzano
+
Murray is a great player, no getting away from that but I wouldn't put him in the elite class just yet. He's better than Dak Prescott but not as good as Josh Allen in my opinion. The problem is Prescotts contract has skewed everything as he is nowhere near worth the money he got.

Looks like Russell Wilson is going to Washington, he has now said he would play for the Commanders. What worries me now what Washington will have to give up for him. If Wilson goes to the Commanders all of a sudden Washington has the best quarterback squad in the NFL.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:16 Feb11 2022 Post ID: 3457094
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I wish they would trade Murray just to show him you can't always get your way, but we all know that he will get paid big this offseason.

I cannot see Wilson going to Washington, but I guess anything could happen.

Two days until the Super Bowl, and there seems to be absolutely no hype for it whatsoever. No "villain" like the Brady/Pats years, small fan base for the Bengals, and LA doesn't really care about sports.
Sanzano Posted: 10:28 Feb11 2022 Post ID: 3457095
Sanzano
+
You've hit the nail on the head Warrior13, there doesn't appear to be any interest in the game. I think everyone was hoping for the Packers or Bucs to be in the final, nobody (including me) seems to care about the Rams for some reason. I'm just rooting for Joe Burrow, great story if he can pull off a win in the Super Bowl seeing as he was actually brought up in Cincinnatti. Local boy leads the Bengals to the Super Bowl.

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:10 Feb11 2022 Post ID: 3457096
steelersrock01
+
Yeah I can't say I'm exactly excited for the Super Bowl. I'm going to watch it of course but I'm not really anticipating it. Just two teams I don't care about despite the Bengals being a division rival. Cincy's fun to root for I guess as an underdog throughout the playoffs. But the Rams as a franchise recently are just boring, not fun to root for, and don't have a fun fanbase. Something about the Rams just seems sterile and corporate. Not sure if it's from the moving around or just being a football team in LA.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:00 Feb11 2022 Post ID: 3457098
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, seems like two teams that no one cares about. The Stafford Story is nice, but I'm not invested in it one bit. Even if the Chiefs made it, I think it would've been better. The only thing worse would've been if the Niners had made it. lol

I'm just looking toward the draft already, guys. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:35 Feb11 2022 Post ID: 3457100
steelersrock01
+
I'm even getting tired of Stafford's story too. Some of those Lions teams he was on were pretty good. People are acting like he spent 10 years on a team that only ever won 2 games a year. Like he's some great career sufferer that's owed a super bowl. He's a good QB that has put up numbers similar to Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers and has made exactly 1 pro bowl and now that he's on the Rams people are treating him like he's always been a top 3 QB with Division 3 players surrounding him.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Feb 11th 2022 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:10 Feb11 2022 Post ID: 3457101
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Completely agree, dude. I literally haven't been watching any of the sports shows this week because I got tired of the Burrow and Stafford Storylines. Too much of an overkill.

I did listen to a few this morning just to see if any were talking about the NBA trade deadline, but it was all about Rodgers winning the MVP and Burrow getting zero votes toward such. Like did people really expect Burrow to go toe to toe with Rodgers? It was literally going to be Brady if Rodgers didn't get it. smh
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:56 Feb11 2022 Post ID: 3457102
steelersrock01
+
Lol, as far as I know Burrow was never even in the conversation. He had a good year but nothing crazy. Glad he got Comeback player though.

NBA trade deadline was exciting. My Sixers managed to finally get rid of Ben Simmons and we got James Harden back without giving up our two best young assets. Huge success.
Warrior13 Posted: 17:53 Feb11 2022 Post ID: 3457103
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm more interested in what happens with Goran Dragic. I've been of fan of his since he was on my Suns as Nash's backup, and I hated seeing the Heat get rid of him. However, now that he was traded a second time, he can legally return to the Heat when bought out. I hope it happens as the city loves him, and he was averaging like fifteen coming off the bench in that system despite his age.
Displaying Page 355 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close