Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 353 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:31 Jan24 2022 Post ID: 3456991
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I'd be very very surprised if the Niners pull off a third win against the Rams. I'd like to see the Bengals and Rams in the Super Bowl but the Chiefs make for a better game. Burrow would get destroyed up against Donald and Miller.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 14:52 Jan25 2022 Post ID: 3456992
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I'm now a Joe Burrow fan, he is the second coming of Joe Montana. The guy is a winner, I'd like to see Cincinnati beat the Chiefs but I think it is asking too much. As Matt pointed out they did it at home when Mahomes was in a slump but now the Kansas quarterback is on fire.

I'd like to see the 49rs beat the Rams but that is not happening either now they can sniff a Super Bowl appearance. Jimmy G will choke in the Championship Game.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 25th 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 23:39 Jan25 2022 Post ID: 3456997
steelersrock01
+
Sources are saying Byron Leftwich will be the next Jags head coach. Nice story for him, going back to the team that drafted him. Unremarkable playing career, pretty unremarkable coaching career. He was OC in Arizona for the Josh Rosen year, then OC in Tampa for 2019 where Jameis threw for 33 TDs and 30 Ints. Since then he's had Brady. If I'm not mistaken he calls the plays in Tampa. Players seem to like and respect him. Hard to judge a coach when Brady is there with the knowledge and freedom to make adjustments. Complete opposite of what he's getting with Lawrence.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Jan 25th 2022 »
Matt77 Posted: 00:59 Jan26 2022 Post ID: 3456998
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
The tipping competition will be decided this week, I have no doubt.

I have to go with my gut.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 11:19 Jan26 2022 Post ID: 3457002
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Mike: I love Leftwhich. In Madden 06, my player was drafted to the Jags and I made them a powerhouse with Leftwhich. 50TDs every season. Honestly, do not know why they ever went away from him. Garard was very mediocre.

Matt: You will probably win then. ;)
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:31 Jan26 2022 Post ID: 3457003
steelersrock01
+
Lol. Leftwich is definitely one of those guys that is remembered more fondly than his play probably deserves. Garrard put up pretty similar stats.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Jan 26th 2022 »
Warrior13 Posted: 03:55 Jan27 2022 Post ID: 3457007
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I thought he could have been very good QB, but the Jags never went anywhere with the team around him. Similar to Pennington, who did well when the Jets and Phins actually had a team.
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:16 Jan27 2022 Post ID: 3457013
steelersrock01
+
Yeah. And he seems likable. I hope he does well in Jax. Supposedly there's a hold up where he wants them to get rid of their GM (a very smart move) and there's some push back.

In other news, Broncos are hiring Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett as their new head coach and the Bears are hiring former Colts DC Matt Eberflus as theirs. Can't tell you much about either, but I think the Bears would've benefitted from a more offensive-minded coach.

Also, Washington's new name is the Commanders, apparently. Very lame.
Sanzano Posted: 01:28 Jan28 2022 Post ID: 3457015
Sanzano
+
Don't like the name Commanders at all, I will forever know them as the Redskins.

Why aren't Kansas City being pressured to change thier name from the Cheifs to something else. Isn't 'chief' a derogatory word for an Indian boss? And what about the arrow on the side of their helmet, isn't an arrow representative of a native Indian. Very unfair, I have to call my team the Commanders now which just doesn't have the same dramatic concoctions as Indians. What happens to the Cowboy vs Redskins games now, Cowboys vs Commanders just doesn't have the same ring to it.

The competition is going to be rightfully decided between Matt and Warrior13 and the one who can predict the upset otherwise if we are looking at a draw if both go for Kansas and L.A. Rams with the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl. What is the tie breaker, we need a winner, draws are an anticlimax.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 28th 2022 »

Warrior13 Posted: 03:50 Jan28 2022 Post ID: 3457016
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: Completely agree. The Bears should have went with an offensive guy.

I do not really care for the sound of Washington Commanders either. However, not surprising to hear they would botch it. But I guess it is what it is.
Matt77 Posted: 07:07 Jan28 2022 Post ID: 3457020
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Playoffs Competition:
Mike - 6 (4 and 2)
Warrior - 6 (5 and 1)
Me - 6 (5 and 1)
Dennis - 5 (5 and 0)

What an AWFUL name. One of the worst I have heard. I hope this is just a rumour and not official. Football Team was better than Commanders.

As for the tiebreaker, we can make our tips with a margin as well. Eg I tip KC defeats SF by 7 points and Warrior tips KC defeats SF by 10 points.

If there are 2 people tieing on Superbowl weekend, it would be cool if each person tipped a different team. The person who sits above on the website via the tiebreaker could tip first. I'm ok with this since I was lazy every week and just put 2 and 1 as the scores for every game lol.

Let me know what tiebreaker ideas you have.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 28th 2022 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:02 Jan28 2022 Post ID: 3457022
steelersrock01
+
Dennis, I think Chief is fine, I'm pretty sure that's what they call their own leaders. Then again there are quite a few people who think that referencing any minority in a name is racist so who knows. The Cleveland Indians baseball team changed their name too, to the Guardians. The problem with these new names is there's no history and they all sound like made up video game team names. I thought Redskins was maybe in poor taste considering the US's history with natives, but I also think they should've went around the tribes local to the area (there is no shortage of them) and had meetings with the leaders to see if they even care about the name. And if they did have a problem with Redskins they could've consulted with the Indians to find a name that respects them.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:12 Jan29 2022 Post ID: 3457027
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
By all reports, Brady is retiring. I would understand if he does, but man, guys still has a lot left in the tank.
Sanzano Posted: 09:31 Jan30 2022 Post ID: 3457030
Sanzano
+
Brady is a still a top tier quarterback along with Mahomes and Rogers. I guess he realises with the likes of Allen and Stafford now in L.A. coming up he is not going to get another Super Bowl ring. I think the salary cap starts to affect the Bucs next year too so they will lose important pieces. I wonder if Anotonio Brown not losing the plot would have been the difference in Tampa Bays loss this year?

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:40 Jan30 2022 Post ID: 3457033
steelersrock01
+
Now reports are that Brady hasn't made his decision and hasn't told the Bucs anything.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:48 Jan30 2022 Post ID: 3457034
steelersrock01
+
Wow huge upset. Chiefs wer ein control going into the half 21-10 and had a chance to score again right before half time but went for a TD instead of the easy field goal and got stopped. Then had a chance to score at the end of the 4th but had to settle for a FG to tie. Then started with the ball in OT and Mahomes threw an interception in his own territory. Team looked lost in the second half after that terrible end to the first half. Classic Andy Reid. Truly a HOF coach but he has always had these issues with playcalling and time management.

49ers currently up 17-7 on the Rams near the end of the 3rd. Crazy we might really get a Bengals-Niners super bowl. Probbably the two teams the NFL wanted to advance the least going into the playoffs.
Warrior13 Posted: 00:36 Jan31 2022 Post ID: 3457035
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chiefs choked. Up big and went into cruise control. Cannot do that when playing to go to the Super Bowl.

Bengals vs Rams. Eww. XD XD XD

Matt went with the Bengals upset, and I thought he had it wrapped up for sure. But he also went with the 49ers, so we are tied again. lol

I hope Brady does not retire. He has so much left in the tank.
Sanzano Posted: 01:11 Jan31 2022 Post ID: 3457036
Sanzano
+
I don't like the matchup of the Bengals against the Rams. I have the feeling the Rams defense will just overpower Cincinnati and get to Burrow. Aaron Donald is going to have a big day against the banged up Cincinnati offensive line. Too many elite players on the L.A. team for the Bengals to pull off another upset.

Now with the ermergence of Joe Burrow, Brady definately knows he is not winning another Super Bowl. The guy has no motivation to continue playing, he's done everything several times over. He can only go down from here, he might as well go out on top.

I didn't realise Aaron Rogers has chocked in the playoffs six times previously, I guess he is going down as another Peyton Manning, great season player put chokes in playoff games. Peyton Manning also only won one Super Bowl despite putting up stellar numbers during the season. Is Mahommes going to be the next elite quarterback that chokes in big playoff games? Twice now in the last two years everyone thought the Chiefs where the next big dynasty.

Great call by Matt taking the Bengals, I thought the game would be close but I was expecting Mahommes and the Chiefs to pull away in the fourth quarter. I wanted the 49rs to win also, not a fan of Stafford and the Rams, I didn't have the courage to pick them, I don't trust Jimmy G. Looks like it's down to the final game for our competition, it's a case of is Matt brave enough to ride his luck with the Bengals as I can�t see Warrior13 taking them with everything on the line.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 31st 2022 »

Matt77 Posted: 04:28 Jan31 2022 Post ID: 3457037
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
In the end my ridiculously bold week ended up doing nothing...lol. But I'm happy that I was brave and didn't lose the competition this week.

Cincy shouldn't have won. SF should have won. I can't be too unhappy at the results.

KC choked big time. It was very simialr to their previous game where KC led 31-21 and were outscored 0-13 for the rest of the game. Today they led 21-10 and were outscored 3-17 for the entire half, at home.

SF also choked. It was a shame, cause we were so close to the unbelievable Superbowl. Led 17-7 with just 1 quarter left. They also dropped an INT in the last quarter.

It will come down to the last week. Warrior, since you have the 'tiebreaker' and I am defending champion, you will get the chance to decide which team you want to tip. I will have to be content with tipping the remaining one.

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:49 Jan31 2022 Post ID: 3457038
steelersrock01
+
Dennis, I don't think Brady's retirement or ont has anything to do with Burrow. Burrow is good, but let's not get carried away. And Manning won two super bowls. Brady has really skewed what a successful QB career looks like. Only 12 QBs have more than one win and 8 of those only have 2. Winning one is still an achievement.
Displaying Page 353 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close