Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 403 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:05 Feb18 2023 Post ID: 3458952
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Thanks for the comments. Re: Bijan to the Eagles at 10, I just don't see the Eagles wanting to wrap up that kind of money in an RB when they're going to pay Hurts 50M a year.

For Carr, I kind of forgot to take him into account lol. I can see him going to the Saints.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 18:07 Feb18 2023 Post ID: 3458953
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Eh, pretty minimal cap hit if Bijan goes #10, but I get it. Dude would just be so much better than Sanders. lol

If Carr goes to either the Saints or Panthers, they will likely win yhe division.

In other news, Eric Beniemy is leaving the Chiefs to become the Commanders OC. No offense, Dennis, but I hate this move by Beniemy. Why would you not just stay with the Chiefs and become the Head Coach when Reid ultimately retires? Reeks of desperacy, especially when they come out and say he will get to call all the plays and is also the assist coach. Dude just likely threw away his career because he is impatient about becoming a head coach. Good luck with Wentz, Heineke, and/or Howell.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:02 Feb19 2023 Post ID: 3458954
steelersrock01
+
I get the move for him personally. I don't think there's any guarantee he would've become the Chief's head coach when Andy's done regardless of what they say. I think teams are rightfully wary of him with a bit of a troubled personal/off-field history and the valid question of "what does he actually do?". Reid clearly runs the offense there and calls the plays. This move for him is probably the only promotion he can get and sets him up to be HC when they get tried of Rivera.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:21 Feb19 2023 Post ID: 3458955
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I would have just stayed with the Chiefs. Job security and Super Bowls, sounds like a good career to me. Even if he never would take over the head coach job, I would have still stayed. Extremely high odds he fails in Washington because of the QBs.
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:17 Feb19 2023 Post ID: 3458956
steelersrock01
+
I don't disagree at all. This might be his best chance to move into a HC role though which he clearly wants (as evidenced by the moaning these last 5 years when he doesn't get a job).
Warrior13 Posted: 20:45 Feb19 2023 Post ID: 3458957
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Only way that happens if he can somehow get the Commanders into the playoffs with Wentz, Heincke or Howell. And after seeing the Eagles, Cowboys, and Dabol Giants this year, I do not see that happen with that stable of QBs. He should have just stayed in Kc with Mahomey.

Look at the Lions OC. Teams wanted him, but he was like Nah, I am good. You should wait for the right marriage, not try to force if by doing a lateral move (if you can even call it that for Beinemy). And while waiting, he should have worked on those interview skills, as that was his biggest flaw. It has had nothing to do with race (Houston did not want him, and they have hired three straight colored coaches) or play calling (plenty of OCs have gotten head coaching gigs without having previously called plays, ie McDaniel, Hackett, etc.).

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 19th 2023 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:18 Feb20 2023 Post ID: 3458958
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, I agree. I'm sure he just felt the promotion to Asst. HC gets him another step closer.

You see the rumors that Daniel Jones is asking $45M? Absolutely crazy. I think they'll end up franchise tagging him.
Sanzano Posted: 14:28 Feb20 2023 Post ID: 3458959
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Rumor has it that once Washington has been sold Ron Rivera will be history and Eric Beniemy will take over. What Beniemy does have in Washington which he didn't have in Kansas are three decent running backs. If Howe is the real deal Washington can win the NFC East. Just need offensive lineman and a decent cornerback and that team is going places. The defense became top five towards the end of the year after a bad start.

Who are the other quarterbacks in the NFC East - Jones, Prescott, and Hurts. None of them are in the league of Mahommes, Allen, and Burrow. What people forget is that Howe was projected to be a first round pick until his numbers slumped after his maiden season. The reason being is he no longer had NFL caliber receivers to throw to and was forced to run. Howell now has those NFL receivers again in McLaurin and Dotson so it should be interesting.

Trevor Lawrence
Clemson 3,665 36 8

Sam Howell
North Carolina 3,641 38 7

Bryce Perkins
Virginia 3,530 22 12

Kenny Pickett
Pittsburgh 3,098 13 9

Warrior13 Posted: 17:55 Feb20 2023 Post ID: 3458960
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: 1000% the Giants tag him. Personally, I would let him hit free agency. Dude will come crawling back soon enough, as no other team wants him. lol

Dennis: Yeah, I heard that Rivera is as good as done in Washington. Honestly, the best thing for them would be to tank next year so they can have a shot at Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. Sorry, but Wentz nor Heineke nor Howell are the answer. All are backups in the NFL.

Also, I emailed Matt all of our February Mocks so he can get an idea of the prospects and possible fits. He does not think he will be able to make a February one because of his busy work schedule, but he is hopeful he will have time in March and April.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 20th 2023 »
Warrior13 Posted: 23:32 Feb21 2023 Post ID: 3458964
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
A rumor has surfaced about the Cowboys liking CJ Stroud. No way it can happen, but if true, it shows they realize what they have in Dak.

Another rumor that the Packers are done with Rodgers. Sounds like they want to trade him, but he holds all the power since no team will trade for him if he could just up and retire.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 21st 2023 »
Warrior13 Posted: 09:22 Feb22 2023 Post ID: 3458965
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Did a mock draft simulation as the Cardinals GM, and lets just say, it was otherworldly. . .

Yeah right? lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 22nd 2023 »
Sanzano Posted: 16:37 Feb22 2023 Post ID: 3458966
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, I have heard rumors that Jerry Jones is not happy with Prescott, mind you those two have never been buddies like Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin were with Jones. I wouldn't be surprised if Jones goes all in for a top quarterback in the draft as he knows he doesn't have many years left on this planet, and it is painfully obvious Prescott does not have what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

Washington apparently are going with Howell and Eric Beniemy has been told this. Beniemy is in a win-win position, if Washington are terrible next year Rivera will be sacked and he will be promoted to head coach with a high draft pick for a top quarterback and if Washington win the NFC East and look impressive he will be head-hunted for a head coaching job somewhere in the NFL. I personally think it will be the first scenario though to be honest.

45 million for Daniel Jones is a joke, I thought 19 million for Hienecke was absurd seeing as his current salary is 2.3 million. Mind you Jalen Hurts wants 100 million a year which is just laughable, how does he think management will pay the rest of the team.

Dallas are interested in grabbing Daron Payne, I will hate that to happen.

Shannon Sharpe says Brett Favre should be in jail, he is probably right. It will be interesting to see what develops there with Favre, Sharpe, and McAfee.

I look forward to seeing Matt here again, glad he's OK.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:29 Feb23 2023 Post ID: 3458967
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
In order to get Stroud, Dallas would basically have to trade all the way up the board. Not happening. However, if Stroud takes the Ohio State slide, maybe Dallas could be in play.

Howell is a good backup option who will get you a few wins, but if Washington rolls with him, I think they will have another down year.

Unless he gives a team friendly deal, Hurts will get in the ballpark of 45-50 million a year.

Daniel Jones is crazy. They will tag him at 32 million. Rumor has it he is trying to actually get between 35-40 by coming in high.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:42 Feb23 2023 Post ID: 3458968
steelersrock01
+
Hurts will definitely get 45-50 if not more. As the cap continues to go up we're going to see these 40M deals look like bargains. Mahomes deal already looks like a bargain. The real kicker with these deals is the guaranteed money and is why the Ravens and Lamar are still so far apart.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:28 Feb23 2023 Post ID: 3458969
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Hurts was smart, he would take less. I think this year shows that he needs a lot around him in order to succeed. As the Bengals are soon going to find out, you will not be able to have two max WRs and a max QB. Imagine Hurts with only Brown getting doubled team, especially without their soon-to-be banned form of QB Sneaks. Yeah. . .
Sanzano Posted: 09:40 Feb24 2023 Post ID: 3458970
Sanzano
+
It's going to be interesting seeing what the Bengals do with Joe Burrow when his contract comes up for renewal as that frugal fleapit organisation doesn't like to spend money.

That quarterback sneak the Eagle run looks dangerous to me, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets banned before a quarterback gets crushed.

I see Derek Carr went to see the New York Jets yesterday, there's a good chance he'll end up there. Teams don't seem to be so keen on Aaron Rogers now and the baggage he brings with him.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:45 Feb24 2023 Post ID: 3458971
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, Bengals are finally gonna have to pay up. And its not just Burrow we are speaking of, as they have to keep either Higgins or Chase (doubt they can keep both).

A number of defensive players have come out and said the Eagles QB Sneak should be illegal. Something about them using a loophole in formation and the linemens initial moves. Regardless, the NFL is not going to let the QB Sneak be this big thing. It will get banned.

If I was Miami, I would take Rodgers in a heartbeat. Of course, the Packers would only be getting like two 2nds for him if that were the case, which would be a steal for the Phins.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:29 Feb24 2023 Post ID: 3458972
steelersrock01
+
Burrows going to get paid and it's 100% going to make them lose at least 1 of their receivers. They'll definitely try and keep chase.

Same for Hurts and the Eagles when it comes time to pay Devonta Smith. The best way to win a Super Bowl (only way, these days) is to win while you've got a Pro Bowl+ QB on a rookie deal, or the rare guy like Mahomes that can drag a team eith less talent after they get paid. And I don't think the current crop of guys like allen, Jackson, Hurts, Herbert, even Burrow have that kind of talent. What has Burrow done, personally, in the playoffs? The window is slamming shut on these teams because they're about to pay these guys 50M a year, but what else can they do? If you don't pay them and have no backup plan you could be setting up your franchise for disaster for years, and the fans riot. At least if you pay them you can be pretty sure they'll drag you to at least 10 wins a year and the Wild Card and if you can make it there you can convince yourself you've got a shot.

The "smart" move really is that if you don't have a guy like Mahomes, you should really be drafting a new QB every few years so you've always got one on a cheap deal. Otherwise you're stuck with the Cousins and Carrs of the league and they're never going to win.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Feb 24th 2023 »
Warrior13 Posted: 18:35 Feb24 2023 Post ID: 3458973
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I was actually thinking the same thing not too long ago. But like you said, will any of these teams have the guts to rotate their QBs every five years. And the answer is no because, again as you alluded to, they want to give their fans the buy off.

Like if the Eagles were smart, they would trade Hurts and use their current draft capital to trade up for whomever they fee is the best QB of the bunch this year. That way, they can keep all those weapons.

Once more, it likely will never happen. But, hey, maybe it will eventually evolve to that (similar to how teams now regard RBs).
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:45 Feb24 2023 Post ID: 3458974
steelersrock01
+
Yeah my buddy is a diehard eagles fan and actually suggested trading hurts for the #1 pick. This was midseason before the Eagles made it to the super bowl, but he definitely had a point there. If Hurts can't win you one making 2M a year, is he really going win one when he's making 50M and taking that salary away from 4 or 5 other solid starters? Obviously you assume he'll develop, but enough to replace a WR and a few defensive pieces? Probably not.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Feb 24th 2023 »
Displaying Page 403 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close