Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 401 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 17:38 Feb02 2023 Post ID: 3458903
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Is Aaron Rogers going to the Jets? I keep hearing his name mentioned in connection with them.

I can't believe how much Denver have screwed up the team with Russell Wilson and Sean Peyton. 3 number ones, 3 number two's and a couple of players. I'd be very unhappy if I was a Bronco fan.

Seems strange Brady has retired just months after getting divorced because he refused to hang up his cleats. I think there is more to that story than what the public knows. Brady has been offered a 375 million dollar deal to be a commentator. He is not going to the 49rs.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:08 Feb02 2023 Post ID: 3458904
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I think the Jets definitely want Rodgers and Rodgers doesn't want to be on the Packers but I'm not sure they make that happen. I don't think Rodgers will retire because he won't want his Hall of Fame celebrations the same year as Tom.

And yeah there's definitely more to the divorce story than just football.
Sanzano Posted: 07:50 Feb03 2023 Post ID: 3458905
Sanzano
+
Looks like the Las Vegas Raiders are in the running for Aaron Rogers, Davante Adams is going around telling everyone Rogers is joining him next season. That makes you wonder where Carr is going to end up as he has stated he is not signing his contract with the Raiders who have made it clear they are not happy with him. I have a horrible feeling Carr will end up in Washington to tutor Sam Howell. Hienecke will be let go as will Wentz.

I wonder if Brady knew he was going to be offered a 375 million dollar contract to work in the booth when he finished football before he got divorced from Giselle? That's more money than Brady earned his entire career.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:08 Feb03 2023 Post ID: 3458906
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Yeah, Jets are said to be going all in on Rodgers. Not sure, like Mike, if it will happen, but they want him?bad?
Sanzano Posted: 14:34 Feb03 2023 Post ID: 3458907
Sanzano
+
Are the Jets really in a position to offer Rogers an opportunity to reach another Super Bowl before he retires.

Rogers career is starting to look like it has been wasted, he should have more than one Super Bowl to his name. Nobody really cares about MVP's, it's the Super Bowl rings that matter. From what I have seen if Rogers had of gone to the 49rs a couple of years ago when he had the chance I feel confident it would be him in next weeks game and not Jalen Hurts.

Warrior13 Posted: 15:49 Feb03 2023 Post ID: 3458908
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have no clue if Rodgers would want to go there, but the Jets or Raiders are where the Packers want to send him if they do indeed trade him. No way they allow him to stay in the NFC.

I say 75% he is a Packer, 25% he is in the AFC.

As for our Draft Competition:

1st Mock Draft is due by the end of February. 2nd by end of March. 3rd and final one is due on the day before or the day of the draft (this is the one we count for points, but I will do a total one as well).

I will definitely have a few surprises for February. ;)
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:22 Feb03 2023 Post ID: 3458909
steelersrock01
+
I have a feeling Carr will end up on the Colts as the bridge QB for whoever they end up drafting. I think he can do well pretty much anywhere, his teams have never really helped him out at all.
Sanzano Posted: 01:53 Feb04 2023 Post ID: 3458910
Sanzano
+
Now that the season is over (I don't have much interest in the Super Bowl, they are not two teams I particularly like) I will focus on the draft and find out as much as I can about these college players and the needs of each of the NFL teams.

Yes, what you say about Carr going to the Colts makes sense steelersrock01, a good possibility that scenario will play out. As for Rogers, the attraction of New York would be the media if he is thinking about going into television after he is retired. He will become an even bigger household name if he joins the Jets. As for the Raiders, not sure why they underperformed this sesason, they have some good players in the skill departments, most notably Adams and Waller which may interst Rogers.

Looks like Carr is going to the Saints. So who is going to be the quarterback for the Raiders if Rogers goes go to the Jets? Rumor was it was going to be Brady, but he has retired. I wonder if it will be Wentz? Take into consideration Scott Turner has just been hired by the Raiders as Offensive coach who just so happened to be with Wentz at Washington in 2022.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 4th 2023 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:13 Feb05 2023 Post ID: 3458911
steelersrock01
+
I kinda feel like Wentz is done being a starter in the league, but you never know. He's definitely not who I'd want if I were trying to compete, and despite the Raiders bad season I feel like they have the talent to make the playoffs.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:39 Feb05 2023 Post ID: 3458912
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I could definitely see the Colts getting Carr. Not just that, I could see them rolling with him and using #4 at some other position. That is what I have them doing in my mock.

Obviously, a lot will happen from now and then, but why not make the first mock fun while so much is up in the air. lol
Sanzano Posted: 10:00 Feb06 2023 Post ID: 3458913
Sanzano
+
I think you are right about Carr Warrior13.

I heard a rumor that Ron Rivera was playing golf with Aaron Rogers. Do you think Ron will try his luck and get Rogers to come to Washington. I hope not, just can't think why the pair of them would agree to play golf together.

Just heard that Dallas and Green Bay are trying to do a quarterback for quarterback trade - Rogers for Prescott. It works for Dallas, I can't see how Prescott with his big contract fits in Green Bay when they have Jordan Love.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 6th 2023 »

Sanzano Posted: 16:30 Feb07 2023 Post ID: 3458914
Sanzano
+
My February mock draft, I'm assuming Aaron Rogers stays in Green Bay for another year, otherwise this mock changes drastically at the top with the Raiders grabbing him.

1 - Las Vegas Raiders (Trade with Chicago) - Bryce Young

2 - Houston Texans - C.J. Stroud QB

3 - Arizona Cardinals - Will Anderson Jr. E

4 - Indianapolis Colts - (Aquired Derek Carr) Drew Sanders LB

5 - Seattle Seahawks - Christian Gonzalez CB

6 - Detroit Lions - Will Levis QB

7 - Chicago (Trade with Las Vegas Raiders) - Jalen Carter DT (best player available, would not be surprised if they traded back again)

8 - Atlanta Falcons - Tyree Wilson E

9 - Carolina Panthers - Anthoney Richardson QB

10 - Philadelphia Eagles - Kelee Ringo CB

11 - Tennessee Titans - O'Cyrus Torrence OG

12 - Houston Texans - Jalin Hyatt WR

13 - New York Jets - Broderick Jones OT

14 - New England Patriots - Devon Witherspoon CB

15 - Green Bay Packers - Michael Mayer TE

16 - Washington Redskins - Peter Skoronski OT

17 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Joey Porter Jr. CB

18 - Detroit Lions - Dalton Kincaid TE

19 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Drew Sanders LB

20 - Seattle Seahawks - Lukas Van Ness E

21 - Los Angeles Chargers - Paris Johnson Jr. OT

22 - Baltimore Ravens - Quentin Johnston WR

23 - Minnesota Vikings - Brian Branch CB

24 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Darnell Washington TE

25 - New York Giants - Trenton Simpson LB

26 - Dallas Cowboys - (Zeke Elliot gets cut) Bijan Robinson RB (if not he goes to the Bengals now there is a question mark with Mixon)

27 - Buffalo Bills - Deonte Banks CB

28 - Cincinnati Bengals - Luke Musgrave TE

29 - New Orleans Saints - Myles Murphy E

30 - Kansas City Chiefs - Derick Hall E

31 - Philadelphia Eagles - Jahmyr Gibbs RB (Miles Sanders walks in free agency)

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 7th 2023 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 22:04 Feb08 2023 Post ID: 3458915
steelersrock01
+
Not bad. I'm assuming you have the Raiders getting a couple picks for Carr and packaging that up for #1? Hard to believe the Bears fall from 1 to 7 without a huge haul.

Not sure the Lions take a QB with Goff being pretty good, but it's possible. I'd love it if Porter Jr goes to Pittsburgh. We haven't had a star CB drafted in decades.

I think the Bengals will look for OL help in the draft, they can't go another round of Burrow getting wrecked again. I'm a little iffy on the two first round RBs too but think Robinson will go sometime in the first.
Sanzano Posted: 14:09 Feb09 2023 Post ID: 3458916
Sanzano
+
Yes, if the Raiders pull the trigger and go for the number pick which I think is Bryce Young they will have to package the picks they get from Carr to move up.

Has it been confirmed yet that Aaron Rogers is going to the Raiders? That guy is such a drama queen, I see he is going around holding drawings of the Raiders logo.

I hear Carr is off to New Orleans... Unless the Bucs scupper the deal as they are now in need of a quarterback with Brady retiring.

The next mock draft we do should be easier as we will know for sure where Garapollo, Carr, and Rogers end up. Also Wentz who the Raiders are apparently interested in.

Warrior13 Posted: 02:45 Feb10 2023 Post ID: 3458917
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Nice Mock, Dennis!

Here are my thoughts:

1) Drew Sanders #4 is a tad high. If Carr goes to the Colts, I think they would go either Anderson, Carter, or Wilson at #4. Or, of course, WR.

2) From what I am reading, CBs probably will not start flying off the board until Washington picks at #16. The Lions at #6 is a possibility, but it is a stretch with this draft class.

3) In terms of TEs, only Meyer and Kincaid have a shot at going in the 1st. Both are fringe, though. Easily could be another TE-Free 1st. If it were me, I would replace some with WRs.

4) Hyatt will be the 4th WR coming off the board at best. Consensus Top 3 is Johnson, Smith-Njimba, Addison (interchangeable).

But besides that, looks good.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 10th 2023 »
Warrior13 Posted: 08:54 Feb11 2023 Post ID: 3458921
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Rolling with the Chiefs 31-20.

Picked the score by selecting old player numbers for each team. Priest Holmes (31) and Brian Dawkins (20), respectively.

lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:14 Feb11 2023 Post ID: 3458923
steelersrock01
+
I've got the Eagles winning, actually. 24-20. Just hoping for a good game though.

I'm looking to do my Feb mock next weekend when I've got some more time.

Dennis, did something change with the font on the forums? Everything seems bigger and bolder.
Sanzano Posted: 13:44 Feb11 2023 Post ID: 3458925
Sanzano
+
I have no idea steelersrock01, Mark the programmer is always tinkering with things.

Thanks for the tips on my mock Warrior13, I will take them onboard when I do the next one.

I've taken the Chiefs, I just feel they have faced better quarterbacks during the season and it will have prepared them for the Super Bowl. I've gone Chiefs 31-28, I'm just not convinced the Eagles are as good as everyone says they are. I see Mahomes having a big day and Travis Kelcie being the MVP.

I hear Lamar Jackson is going to the Falcons in a huge deal.

I also hear that Brett Favre is suing Pat McCaffery and Shannon Sharpe for defamation of character. Something to do with Favres daughter's volleyball team. I don't know the inside outs as I haven't been following the story but I guarantee you those two will rip him apart on their shows. Both are legends, McCaffery should be in the Hall of Fame, the guy's highlight reel for a punter is incredible.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 11th 2023 »

Warrior13 Posted: 17:43 Feb11 2023 Post ID: 3458926
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I, too, am waiting to finish off my February Mock Draft. I have the first half slotted, but I need to see how the Derek Carr situation plays out. Again, I currently have the Colts nabbing him, but there will be a ripple effect for me if they do not. Same with Rodgers.

I have many surprises at the top, though. I have heard a few low line rumors, so I am going to plot that way for my first mock because, hey, why not. lol
Warrior13 Posted: 23:28 Feb12 2023 Post ID: 3458928
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Incredible comeback for the Chiefs. I thought for sure they were goners at halftime. Mahomes is clearly the best in the world.

Onto the draft!

Carr has notified the Raiders he will not waive his no-trade clause, forcing their hand. They either keep him and pay him forty million next year, or they release him by Thursday. If he hits the open market, there will be plenty of suiters. The Saints are clearly interested, but they are like fifty million over the expected cap at this point.

Jets have also asked the Packers if Rodgers is up for trade, but he has not yet even decided if he will be retiring or not. Again, I think he comes back (he is going to share the headline of the 2028 HoF Class with Brady), with a 75% chance with the Packers or 25% chance sent to an AFC squad.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 12th 2023 »
Displaying Page 401 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close