Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 42 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 07:51 Jan24 2017 Post ID: 3428594
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
The Super Bowl, and the other post season games cannot end in a draw. What happens is they play 'Sudden Death' where the game continues until someone scores and then the game is over. I cannot recall this happenening during a post season game and it definately hasn't happened in a Super Bowl. I don't think it will happen in the Super Bowl between the Patriots and the Falcons, both teams score Touchdowns and field goals almost everytime they touch the ball. It will happen one day though, probably when two defensive teams reach the big game.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 20:59 Jan29 2017 Post ID: 3428701
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
A bit off-topic but in your opinion which 6 teams have the best chance to win a Superbowl in the next 5 seasons? There was an article about this on the NFL site but that was the opinion of one person. It included Miami oddly enough.

1. Dallas
2. New England
3. Atlanta
4. Oakland
5. Green Bay
6. Seattle

Dallas may become a powerhouse of the league for the next 5-10 years if they do things right. New England will always be a contender with Brady around, and perhaps even without him. Atlanta shouldn't do a next season collapse like Carolina did and if they don't they will be right in the mix. Also of course New England and Atlanta are possibilities right now. With Carr healthy Oakland should do well for years to come, however without him they will be lucky to finish 8-8. Green Bay still has some time but their window is closing. Seattle have the ability to make it again but if the inconsistencies of 2016/17 and awful away form return then they have no chance. Was tempted to put Washington down but they will be in the same division as three tough to decent teams and didn't even make playoffs this season. Tampa Bay could also be in the mix too.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Matt77 Posted: 22:19 Jan29 2017 Post ID: 3428702
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
In other news the AFC defeated the NFC 20-13 after Kirk Cousins threw a pick-86 yards in the red zone (which should've been a pick-6 but he chased down one of the interceptors for 64 yards to force a fumble).

Has the Pro Bowl ever been a successful event? In previous seasons when the teams weren't even AFC and NFC it just seemed like a high-scoring waste. But this season's was a low-scoring more interesting one which could've gone into overtime.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 30th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 04:38 Jan30 2017 Post ID: 3428703
Sanzano
+
I have not been that interested in the Pro Bowl to be honest, I remember years back that there was a rule that teams were not allowed to blitz, I don't know if it's still in place. The other thing I remember about the Pro Bowl was that it was held in Hawaii AFTER the Super Bowl so literally all the first team choices appeared. Now that the event is held before the Super Bowl the players that are in the big game the week after natuarlly refuse to play just in case they are injured. As for your question about the next dominant NFL team I have to say without a doubt it will be Dallas, the other team to look out for is the Las Vegas Raiders who are 2-3 quality players away from reaching a Super Bowl. It wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders repeated what they did in 1983 which which was win a Super Bowl a year after moving to a new city. So I predict Dallas next year and Las Vegas the year after. Are you sure the Raiders are moving to Las vegas, nothing has been confirmed yet, below is what the proposed stadium would look like, I bet Al Davis is looking down and smiling.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 30th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 05:38 Jan30 2017 Post ID: 3428704
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I read it on the official NFL site. I hope not. All these name changes (St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams, San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers, Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders) are just annoying. I would hate it if my AFL team became the Bendigo Cats and if my NFL team became the Florida Dolphins or something stupid like that.

It also sounds like in the near future the London Jaguars will be introduced. Nothing official has been said but they always get sent to London and there's all this talk about a team outside America being introduced. Jacksonville were 1-0 in London and 1-6 at home (with their 1 win coming in week 16).

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 30th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:13 Jan31 2017 Post ID: 3428716
Sanzano
+
There's also talk of the Raiders being relocated in London, England. Apparently in the next seven years either the Rams, Jaguars, or Raiders will call England home. I'd prefer it to be a brand new team and name to be honest, it will be sad to see the Rams and Raiders in particular leave the US as they have history that goes back to the 30's and it wouldn't seem right.

Matt77 Posted: 04:25 Jan31 2017 Post ID: 3428718
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's going to get ridiculous. The NFL will cease to exist and divisions and conferences will have to be altered or scraped. The Rams moving to London sounds awful. This is their first year after relocating back to their original home.

Why don't they send New York Jets there. London is east of America so it would make sense to be in the AFC East. They have played there before and there are already 2 NY teams.

But if indeed a team is sent there or is created there (which I think there will be) the flying times will be a pain. Also they and opposition teams would have to fly early because of jet lag.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:50 Jan31 2017 Post ID: 3428719
Sanzano
+
I don't think the NFL are doing themselves any favours letting teams move around from city to city. All that happens is the team loses it's identity, for example if the Miami Dolphins moved to Orlando and became the Orlando Dolphins even though they wear the same uniform and its the same players it is not the same team. I still get confused between the Baltamore Colts, Indianapolis Colts and the Baltimore Ravens. I think it's the teams that are not well supported by the fans that move to another city which means the NY Giants and Jets will be staying put. As for jet lag, isn't it the same flying from NY to Las Vegas as it is to NY to London, 4 time zones? I must admit it would be bad for the London team as every away game would involve recovering from jet lag which could be a problem towards the end of the season when the team is tired anyway.

Matt77 Posted: 07:50 Jan31 2017 Post ID: 3428720
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The teams on the east coast would be able to handle it, and the London team flying to the east coast. But it's when they have to travel to central or west coast America and vice versa. In AFL there are two teams in the western state who have to fly to the other side of the country for the majority of their away games and they manage. But I doubt they would manage flying to New Zealand. That would be what it would be like for the London team, only EVERY SINGLE away game would be a flight similar to the 4-hour flight. And sometimes they would have to fly something like a 7-hour flight before these new planes are introduced.

Pretty much what I'm saying is the London team could manage to fly to the east and perhaps central America for half their matches but flying the 7-hour one a couple of times would be hard. Also vice versa for opposition teams flying to London it would be hard coming from the west. It would mean the London team would have something like a 6-2 home record and a 2-6 away record.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 31st 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:58 Jan31 2017 Post ID: 3428723
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Looks like Las Vegas is in jeopardy of not getting the Raiders.
Matt77 Posted: 17:47 Jan31 2017 Post ID: 3428725
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Thank God.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:20 Jan31 2017 Post ID: 3428727
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No, it must happen.
Matt77 Posted: 23:37 Jan31 2017 Post ID: 3428731
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
No, it must not happen.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:39 Feb01 2017 Post ID: 3428732
Sanzano
+
I'd personally would rather have the Raiders and not the Jaguars in London given the choice. The Raiders without doubt have the best uniform in the league, I still have my Reebok Marcus Allen No 32 Los Angeles Raiders black and silver jersey from 1986 and it still looks as cool now as it did then.

Just wondering, if the Raiders did play in Las Vegas where would they get their supporters from? I've been to Las Vegas and know first hand that most of the people that reside there work in some capacity on the strip doing strange hours. I can only envision the main fan base of the Raiders if they went there would be being reliant on tourists visiting the city. The Raiders would be better off in London, they'd have a whole country behind them. Although British supporters no doubt already have their personal preference for teams they support like I do the Redskins but if an actual NFL team landed in their backyard I have no doubt they'd still support them as it is an opportunity to see other NFL teams at least eight times a year. Every time there is a NFL game in Wembley, which is every year since about 1986 it's a sellout, the funny thing is though when the camera views the crowd you see fans dressed in the colours of all 32 NFL teams.

Matt77 Posted: 19:29 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428800
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Who is your Coach of the Year pick for this season? Do they usually focus on which coach has lead their team to the best record, or which coach has revived a losing record team into a playoff team?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:03 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428807
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Garrett from Dallas will win Coach of the year. From 4-12 to 13-3 with not one, but two rookies.

Easy pick.
testuser Posted: 04:43 Feb04 2017 Post ID: 3428836
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
So the superbowl is this weekend right? Any idea when it's on in the UK?
If its not too much past my bed time i'd like to check it out.

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Matt77 Posted: 07:45 Feb04 2017 Post ID: 3428840
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
According to my understanding of time zones it begins at 11:40PM in the UK.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 03:56 Feb05 2017 Post ID: 3428852
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The day is here! Who are y'all picking tonight? Ready to see Miranda Kerr in the Buick Commercial?

Even though I think Brady is gonna win, gonna go with Atlanta 28-24.
testuser Posted: 07:31 Feb05 2017 Post ID: 3428854
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
Man its on late.. I wouldn't make it to 3/4 am or so when its likely to finish.
I remember watching the Falcons back in the day when I used to follow it a bit. (was a long time ago now).
I dont remember the patriots, are they a newer team or am i just forgetful?

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Displaying Page 42 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close