Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 43 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 07:42 Feb05 2017 Post ID: 3428856
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I don't think NE are knew. They are minimum 17 years old, likely much older.

Warrior I have New England 20-17. A lot of people are predicting more scoring but I see a different match. If the playoffs are an entirely new competition than regular reason, the same can be said about the step up to the Superbowl. Plus NE have the best scoring defense.

The game starts at 7:40am my time but I don't know if I can be bothered watching. American commentators carrying on may just be too much. Will try to follow the score throughout the morning.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 08:35 Feb05 2017 Post ID: 3428858
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I agree, the scoring will be limited. No matter what, I see it being a close game. Every Brady Super Bowl has been close, win or lose that is.
Sanzano Posted: 15:14 Feb05 2017 Post ID: 3428869
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Testuser, if you followed the NFL back in 1982 when it was first introduced on Channel 4 in the U.K. on Sunday evenings the Patriots you will remember were an awful team. They were a joke, things changed though, they got a new logo, a new uniform and a Quarterback by the name of Tom Brady and the franchise is now a dynasty with many calling it the best team ever to play the game which is hard to argue as they've dominated the NFL for the last 16 years. Tonights game will likely finish around 5am in the U.K. which is a nightmare, they'll probably be a highlight program on Monday night on one of the channels at a reasonable time, it just means avoiding the score all day which is virtually impossible when you work on the internet.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 5th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 17:52 Feb05 2017 Post ID: 3428881
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well NE are cruising down the field on their second series. If Brady keeps passing like this it will get ugly quickly.

EDIT - Nevermind they sacked him for -8 yards.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 5th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Matt77 Posted: 18:19 Feb05 2017 Post ID: 3428882
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Atlanta recovered a New England fumble inside their own territory to go the other end for a touchdown. Atlanta leading 7-0.

They've scored again. The pass and rush game is getting past the New England defense with ease at the moment. Atlanta leading 14-0.

Tom Brady just threw a pick-6 from inside Atlanta's territory. Atlanta leading 21-0.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 5th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:59 Feb05 2017 Post ID: 3428888
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Historic comeback for Pats, win Super Bowl 51. Brady first QB to win five. Congrats to him.

But really bummed Atlanta's coaching didn't go for the kill when up 28-3. :/
Sanzano Posted: 00:33 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428890
Sanzano
+
How do you lose a game that you are 28-3 up at halftime, let alone the Super Bowl? If you are an Atlanta fan you must be extremely disappointed how your team performed in the second half. Absolutely terrible self discipline by an inexperienced team on the big stage, a game is never over until the final whistle. This game will go down in NFL history as an amazing comeback win for the Patriots and add to the legacy of Tom Brady leaving no doubt that he is the best Quarterback to ever play the game now that he has five Super Bowl wins. I'll always remember it as the game Atlanta threw away with a disgraceful second half performance where the entire team did nothing.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 6th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 01:14 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428891
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
At 28-3 at the start of Q3 it was looking like a thrashing was on the cards, and Atlanta would finally win their first Superbowl. But then to be outscored 0-31 for the remainder of the game is disgraceful and disgusting. If you were Atlanta you would've rather lost 50-3 because at least you would never have been in a winning position and didn't throw the game away. They made significant progress but in the end only one member of that team achieved something this season. For the rest it was a waste. Harsh, but what did Atlanta win?

To lose this way will severely damage their self-belief in future games, and while it will now remind the team to never stop until you are able to start kneeling for the game, Atlanta are 0-2 in Superbowls and next time they go back the memories of Superbowl LI will haunt them throughout.

I really hope the Thursday night game in week 1 of season 2017/18 is Atlanta v New England in Atlanta. That could potentially be one of the biggest revenge games we've seen and if the crowd get into it it could get brutal.

Atlanta need to somehow find a way to regroup. The possibility of Atlanta doing a collapse like Carolina seemed extremely unlikely but now it could very well happen.

Severely pains me to see New England win yet another Superbowl, but to score 31 unanswered points IN A SUPERBOWL is an amazing feat. Well done to them.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 01:21 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428892
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
My 2016/17 Prediction Results: This Season: 157-108-2 (59%) | Home & Away: 150-104-2 (59%) | Playoffs: 7-4 (64%)

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 6th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428893
Sanzano
+
I wouldn't like to be in the Atlanta dressing room after that Super Bowl loss, the whole team must be devestated and above all else embarrassed after such a pitiful second half performance. It will be ineresting to see how the Falcons comes back from such a devestating loss, some teams it inspires them and they come back the following season stronger, other teams it totally destroys team moral and they never again reach that level. Can't blame either Atlanta's Offense or Defense in this one, both did their job in the first half and both screwed up in the second half. Brady now has 4 Super Bowl MVP's which is unheard of in the history of the game, when he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame on his first year of eligibility they're going to have to build a new wing to the hall just for his achievements, even though I hate the New England Patriots I have to admit what Brady had done in his career is amazing, even more so when you consider he was a late 6th rouund draft pick the whole NFL passeed over several times each.

Matt77 Posted: 03:06 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428894
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
When Brady threw that pick-6 to make it a 0-21 deficit I honestly thought they were done for. But outscoring your opposition 31-0 in less than 27 minutes of football is mighty impressive. That win is now going to give New England all the belief in the world, and will make opposition teams nervous even if they have a 25-point lead in the third quarter and a 19-point lead at 3QT. I have no idea how Seattle managed to beat New England; they were the only team to do it against a mostly full-strength Patriots team. Poor Miami, Buffalo, and New York Jets will automatically start their ledgers at 0-2 now.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 03:15 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428895
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Since season 2016/17 is now officially over, what do you all make of next season? Who do you think will make playoffs and where will they finish? I know it's very premature but I want to compare this prediction to the final results in the 2017/18 season.

#1 - New England
#2 - Oakland
#3 - Baltimore
#4 - Tennessee
#5 - Pittsburgh
#6 - Kansas City
So close yet so far - Houston, Miami, Cincinnati.

#1 - Dallas
#2 - Atlanta
#3 - Green Bay
#4 - Seattle
#5 - Tampa Bay
#6 - Washington
So close yet so far - New York Giants, Arizona, Detroit.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 04:10 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428897
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well NE is the 5-1 favorites to win again, unless Brady hangs it up during the offseason. Doubt that though; he wants to continue hurting us Dolfans for a few more years. Honestly, I think he wants to win two more, putting the Pats ahead of the Steelers in all time Super Bowl wins. It's really all he has left to do, since he won't be breaking any records with Brees ahead of him and still playing.
Sanzano Posted: 04:17 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428898
Sanzano
+
I'll wait for the Draft before I make my prediction, there's sure to be a few eye opening trades as well before the new season starts. If Washington pick up Leonard Fournette they will automatically go from just being a passing team to a balanced team making them one of the most dangerous offensive teams in the league. Leonard Fournette is the best Running Back in the draft since Adrian Peterson. Unfortunately I don't think he will be available for the Redskins unless they trade up.

Matt77 Posted: 04:22 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428899
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If New England make the Superbowl again the only way they have the slightest chance of losing is if he versus an experienced quarterback like Manning or Brees; someone who wont crack under pressure. Atlanta did; when they were coming to the realisation that they were in a winning position against the then 16-2 Patriots.

Perhaps if Atlanta can get back again then it may be second time's the charm. Their defense was awesome in the first half, but woeful in the second' specifically the last quarter where they conceded 19 points and scored none themselves. They need to play consistently. If they had, it would've been something like a 42-24 thrashing with garbage time TDs for NE.

ViolinViolinViolin

testuser Posted: 06:43 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428901
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
So I watched the first quarter, which was good. But clearly not much of the story. Then I went to bed. Brick Wall
I'll need to check out some replays today.

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Matt77 Posted: 07:39 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428903
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Poor you. You saw the quarter where 0 points were scored. 24 were scored in Q2, 13 in Q3, 19 in Q4, and 6 in overtime.

Seems like you have a bad time zone compared to the US. At least I can follow some games when I get up early for school or follow an entire game during school holidays.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 07:46 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428904
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If there's a rematch next year, Atlanta will win.
Sanzano Posted: 07:53 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428905
Sanzano
+
I don't understand the thinking of the Atlanta coach, if my team are that far ahead at halftime in any game I send the running team out and take off as much of the cloc as I can. The opposing team may get a couple of scores but so much time is wasted there is no chance of them getting the required number of scores to make a successful comeback and at the same time your defense is fresh for their next series of Downs. All that Atlanta did was send out their Offense for three quick passing Downs which wore down the Defense enabling Brady to pick them apart with ease. I blame this loss on the coaching team now I've looked at what happened. Terrible...

Matt77 Posted: 08:00 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428906
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It makes no sense how a red-hot team can be dominating (score 28 points) and suddenly stop. They actually still had big plays; they just got no points. Just one field goal would've given the Atlanta Falcons their first ever Superbowl. Who knows how long it will take for them to get back now.

Also can someone explain why Matt Ryan threw 23 passes (17/23 completed) for under 250 yards only? Before I left for school and witnessed Atlanta get to 21-0 Ryan was passing well.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 43 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close