Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 69 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Oct26 2017 Post ID: 3437799
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I have to go with Warrior13 and say the Buccaneers will beat the Panthers, it was a tough one for me to call but I'm going with Tampa Bay because they have the home field advantage. I had high hopes for the Panthers a couple of weeks ago but from what I've seen since then are too many costly mistakes.

Miami play tonight, hopefully they'll get a win at the Ravens. I keep hearing there is a possibility Kirk Cousins will be heading to Miami at the end of the season if Washington don't pay him 35 million to keep him. What I can't figure out is if they do let him go because of the price tag, who do they replace him with? The Redskins management have to ranked the worst in the league with bad decisions they've made in recent years.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 05:26 Oct26 2017 Post ID: 3437801
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Just remember, Tampa Bay were getting destroyed 0-31 against Arizona while Winston was playing. That team TB lost to just got shutout 33-0.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 07:50 Oct26 2017 Post ID: 3437802
Sanzano
+
Tampa Bay made the necessary adjustments and only allowed 6 points while scoring 33 in the second half. They almost pulled off a New England Super Bowl comeback. Like I said before, I'm only really taking Tampa Bay because they are at home which gives them a slight advantage before the ball has been kicked off.

Matt77 Posted: 08:26 Oct26 2017 Post ID: 3437803
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I must say, I'm close to tipping them. I forgot that Carolina just lost 3-17 to Chicago when their QB passed seven times, while Tampa Bay lost to Buffalo away from home by only 3 points. That said, I can't see Carolina being 4-4. I think they'll bounce back. The Bucs' defense is terrible.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 09:59 Oct26 2017 Post ID: 3437805
Sanzano
+
Lol, Matt, stick with your gut feeling. It's a toss-up whichever way you look at it, whichever team has the breaks on the day is going to come away with a one in the win column. Chicago on the other hand I think are team on the rise now they have their franchise Quarterback.

Matt77 Posted: 20:25 Oct26 2017 Post ID: 3437810
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
*sigh* Miami are already down 0-10 with Baltimore inside our territory again 0-13. Looks like another comeback win is needed; something we can't do against Baltimore (38-6 loss last season).

...and now Miami have just missed their first FG of the season...
...and Miami are being slaughtered on the ground...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 26th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:13 Oct26 2017 Post ID: 3437820
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Had a bad feeling Baltimore might win; went with my team because I had hoped we were better than this. Just goes to show that Cutler means more to our offense than Moore, and that ain't saying a lot.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 26th 2017 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:50 Oct26 2017 Post ID: 3437821
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
God...40-0. Absolutely disgusting. Was 57 points off the correct team/margin. I really thought our offense was decent, but it was just Cutler letting them down. Clearly it's the WRs faults too. And oh my god. The running game. Ajayi rushed 13 times. One time was for 21 yards. 12 times were for 2 yards. I'd rather have Detroit's running game tbh. Ajayi can't keep being this inconsistent.

On the other hand, Baltimore showed the form I thought they were capable of after their 2-0 start. How can they lose to Chicago, & then beat a team who dominated the SB runners-up for a half?

When you have questionable QBs to choose from, no bye, & have been shutout twice (excluding the game against NYJ when we got off 0pts on the last play of the game, & the 0-17 half against Atlanta), you have little hope for the season. That's practically 3.5 shutouts. Awful. And so much for me going on about this defense that "wants to be elite". Giving up 40 points (5TDs) to an inept offense is NOT elite.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Oct27 2017 Post ID: 3437827
Sanzano
+
40-0!!! I can't believe that, what the hell happened... To me it looks like Miami didn't recover from celebrating from last weeks miraculous win and forgot that they play two days before everyone else in the NFL away from home. Very unproffessional, you can't blame the offense or defense for that pityful performance, the whole team stunk. Miami must hold an NFL record now with 3 shut outs in a season, I can't recall the last time that happened to an NFL team in one year, embarrassing...

The Miami Running Back Ajay reminds me off the Redskins Timmy Smith who back in 1987 set the Super Bowl rushing record with 204 yards and 2 Touchdowns and looked unbelievable doing it in his first career start as an NFL player. Problem was the following season he never attained anywhere near those stats and ended up with a average of 18 yards per game and was cut at the end of the 1988 season. What I'm trying to say is that Miami needs to think about getting a consistant Running Back who can be relied on to pick up decent yardage every week.

Matt77 Posted: 02:56 Oct27 2017 Post ID: 3437828
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
A few years Miami did have a consistent running back, Lamar Miller, who occasionally rushed over 100 yards (about the same amount of times as Ajayi) but his other games would often get over 40 yards at a minimum. But that do you do? You let him leave. Now we have Ajayi, who is still reasonable, but about half his games will be below 30 yards. I mean geez, for 12 of his 13 carries tonight, he combined for 2 yards. That's an average of 0.17 yards per carry when excluding his other carry of 21 yards.

Maybe you can blame it a bit from having a game 4 days ago & having to travel as the away team, but Baltimore did have to travel back home while Miami stayed at home & then flew out. I've learned 3 things:
1. Baltimore have the wood over Miami
2. Miami are going no-where this season
3. Adam Gase has a case to answer if this team performs this bad several times this season

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:10 Oct27 2017 Post ID: 3437829
Sanzano
+
Miami need to give this man a call and see if he can sort things out for them. It's a shame he retired, he was without doubt one of the best coaches ever. When I think what a coach should look like it's Don Shula's face that I picture. He won two Super Bowls in the early 70's with Miami and took them to two more in the 80's which unfortunately he lost to Washington and San Francisco.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:17 Oct27 2017 Post ID: 3437830
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Lamar Miller was just as inconsistent as Jay Ajayi, just a tad bit better. Miami hasn?t had a great runner since Ricky Williams. lol

Miami be in trouble. I?m just hoping for 8-8, but our schedule is uber rough from here on out. We?re probably a 6-10 team this year. :/
Matt77 Posted: 10:13 Oct27 2017 Post ID: 3437831
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Thing is...this team will find ways to win. Either we make playoffs again to gain more experience, or we need a poor finish to the season for when we draft a QB.

I actually think we have a shot at beating Oakland, as crazy as it sounds. We have 10 days break & play at home, while Oakland have 7, and have to go back home from Buffalo, & then travel. I'm sure our travel on a short break had some part to play in our performance.

Still, 8-8 would be great. We're 4-3 right now but in reality should be 1-6. LA Chargers had 2 chances to beat us, Atlanta missed a FG to make it 20-0 and any other team would've buried us after that HT scoreline, & NYJ would've won if Cutler hadn't been injured. That's one 6-point win against a Maroita-less Titans team, at home. If he had played, it's most likely a 0-7 start alongside Cleveland & San Francisco. We've played worse than them for large parts of the season.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:59 Oct27 2017 Post ID: 3437848
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't know. If Oakland wins this week, they might just be back. Not last year good, but still pretty decent.
Matt77 Posted: 22:18 Oct27 2017 Post ID: 3437849
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I still think Oakland beats us, but therre's a chance. Like the chance I thought with Atlanta.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 21:47 Oct29 2017 Post ID: 3437896
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well. 10-0 on Sunday afternoon games is pretty nice. 10-1 overall. Hated seeing NE, Settle, & Dallas win though (my 3 most hated teams). Sadly each is a SB contender definitely now.

Tampa Bay really let you guys down with your upset pick. 3 points. At 2-5 and with no bye they are finished for the season. Carolina aren't too crash hot either, scoring 17 against the 2nd worst defense in the league.

Buffalo made a huge statement win. In past seasons they would start a season well, being at around 4-2, and then fail in their test and thus have a big fall below .500. This time they came from 0-7 behind to thrash them 34-14. Won the turnover count 0-4 which is massive. And after Tyrod Taylor was nearly cut from the team, look at how he's doing. Not massive numbers, but they're serviceable. And he rarely turns the ball over.

Bloody Washington. Again, a crap running game. Who knows how it ranks highly anymore. Again, getting out to a small lead (13-7) only to faulter and have no response whatsoever. And again, Elliot rushes for 150 yards and 2TDs when he should be suspended. The NFL love Dallas so much.

This is getting ridiculous for Houston now. They are 3-4 and below Tennessee in the AFC South, yet their form has been amazing. Such a tough loss for them over in Seattle. It's so rare to win there, so leading 38-34 late is a great achievement. But who knows how they are below .500, and the awful Titans are 4-3??? Usually it's been the reverse, with Tennessee trailing despite Houston being awful. It would be a disgrace for Tennessee to win that division.

And over on SNF it's these same old Lions. Trailing 12-13, they make some impressive offensive gains to march to the Pittsburgh 1 yard line. Incomplete pass. Rush for no gain. Incomplete pass. Gets sacked on a risky 4th down call. Pittsburgh get to a 3rd down needing a crucial play. Pass for 97 yards and a TD. 10-point turnaround. And again, while 15-20 down with 2 minutes left and on a 4th and 7, instead of kicking the FG to give your team a chance, you go for it, again, and miss it. 6 points missed by Detroit. They would be leading 21-20. How are you doing to score a miracle touchdown, when you haven't scored one despite multiple trips to the red zone?

Same old Lions lose it 15-20. Fall to 3-4 with a three game losing streak. Now somehow Pittsburgh are 6-2 and the #1 seed in the AFC. Detroit scored 0 touchdowns despite 5 trips to the redzone. Same old Lions.

Improves me to 11-1 this week.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 29th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 00:54 Oct30 2017 Post ID: 3437897
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
List of SB contenders:

New England
New Orleans
Washington 2 extremely disappointing efforts against quality teams. To challenge, they must win some of those.
Philadelphia
Los Angeles Rams
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Houston
Seattle
NEW: Buffalo - They passed their big test with flying colours. Complete domination in the remaining quarters (34-7). They have a very solid running game, a very solid defense, & while the passing game isn't perfect, the running game takes pressure off the QB & the fact this team will generate turnovers (+14 in that category). They seem very well balanced. Also get to play NYJ once & Miami twice, which should be 3 wins. They will get 2 shots at upsetting New England, & I think they can do it at home. By the end of week 11 they could be 8-2, with wins against NYJ, NO, & LA Chargers.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 30th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:51 Oct30 2017 Post ID: 3437898
Sanzano
+
The Redskins season is over, they're offensive and defensive lines are badly injured, they had to field third stringers against Dallas. The running game is non-existant and half the team are only interested in banking a their paycheck.

Cousins has to go and Washington need to find another quarterback in the draft, they are soon to be 3-7 with their next games being Seattle, Minnesota, and New Orleans. The Redskins also need to find a decent running back and get rid of those three imbeciles they currently have. Basicially looking at it Washington do not have any skill players that want to play for the team.

Philadelphia keep rolling on and looking good, Dallas I hate to say it are starting to look dangerous. New England haven't dropped a game in a month and don't look like they're going to for the forseeable furture, I can't see them losing now in the regular season, unfortuately they will probably get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs which is going to make beating them almost impossible.

Are the Buffalo Bills for real? Each week I right them off and each week they win. Nobody seems to be talking about Kansas as a Super Bowl participant anymore, they've been relegated to contender status along with about five or six other teams. The other team that is making a bit of noise which I've overlooked are the L.A. Rams, how good are they? It's looking like all the teams that could possibly beat New England if they met in the Super Bowl are on the NFC side of the board. That would be in my opinion Philadelphia, Dallas, and Seattle and in all three cases they'd be 10 plus point underdogs.

Matt77 Posted: 05:25 Oct30 2017 Post ID: 3437901
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Washington can possibly beat Minnesota, who are terribly overrated. They let Cleveland keep the score close for 3 quarters. They also nearly lost to Chicago; scored were tied before a Trubisky turnover. But still, their season is over.

As much as the Philly hype/bandwagon is annoying me, I need them to do well. If Dallas were to win the division I would have a fit. I hate the team yes, but their owner seems like an idiot too. Also their fans are so arrogant I want to rip their heads off.

I'm hoping Buffalo are for real. I think they are. They remind me a bit of the Broncos of a few years ago when they won their SB after being unconvincing in large parts of the season. Brock Osweiler/Peyton Manning weren't doing wonders at QB position either. Even though their QB play was not elite like Brees/Brady/Rodgers, their defense got them through a lot of games. The Buffalo D looks pretty good. They are trailing New England by a game in the division, but it's because of the bye; they're tied with 2 losses. That division may well be up for grabs depending on how Buffalo perform against division rivals.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 10:43 Oct30 2017 Post ID: 3437908
Sanzano
+
It would be nice to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl, they've been there four times with Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomasm and Bruce Smith and each time they've came up short. The 90's Bills has to be one of the best teams never to win the big game. They lost one of those games because their all pro Running Back Thurman Thomas forgot where he placed his helmet during the singing of the national anthem and spent half the game looking for it. I can't name any superstars in the current squad so I doubt they will get no further than being a wild card before they are despatched.

The Redskins need players in the skill positions but management for whatever reason don't get the job done. We had a couple of decent recievers last year and they both went, an unhappy quarterback who feels he is not getting what he is worth and Running Backs who need to be replaced in the draft with a player who is capable of making the Pro Bowl after a couple of years.

I'd like to see Cousins go to the Dolphins and see them win a Super Bowl just highlight to how bad the Redskins management is to have let him go. The Redskins need to lose every one of their remaining games so they are in with a chance of getting their Quarterback of the future in next years draft. Any one of the following five will do:

Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
Sam Darnold, QB, USC
Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern
Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Displaying Page 69 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close