Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 72 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 05:58 Nov07 2017 Post ID: 3438473
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel, & Ryan Mallet all came from New England. Lol. Add Jimmy Garoppolo to that list, and what do you expect? A disappointing career as a backup QB.

Seattle have had some playoff experience and have a (usually) good defense. They held LA Rams, away from home, to 10 points, & they were all conceded in the first quarter. they also have a knack of escaping tight matches against awful opposition, and then playing lights-out against a SB contender. Last season they were the only team to beat Tom Brady, and that was IN New England. They also have a habit of playing poorly in the first month but begin to emerge as a threat at midway through the season. Problem is the last 2 seasons that hasn't happened. It WAS happening this season but then WAShington stunned them in Seattle (were 4-0 before that loss after starting 1-2).

About Dallas, sounds like you're a bit of a pessimist like me when it comes to sports. Dallas are going no-where. How are they going to win their division? They couldn't win a single playoff game last season, at home. How are they going to win away from home? They are playoff chokers like Kansas City. The NFL simply is in love with Dallas & Dak Prescott (there are multiple articles praising the 5-3 (.625) Cowboys, who let me remind you got destroyed 17-42 by DENVER. One article even mentioned that Dallas are America's team) and are hyping them up so that the Dallas bandwagon supporters feel good & watch NFL games. Dallas have beat NY Giants (1-7), Arizona (4-4 but playing like a lucky 1-7 team), San Francisco (0-9), Washington (4-4 but should be 3-5), and Kansas City (1-3 in last 4 games). Combined real record of 15-26. Quality I tell you! They lost to Green Bay (at the time a playoff contender) and LA Rams (also a playoff contender, even when holding a big HT lead), showing they are an amazing 1-2 against contenders.

I'd love for Dallas to be leading Atlanta 28-3 and for Atlanta to make a comeback in front of their home crowd, & win in overtime, dispelling their title of chokers hopefully once and for all, and sending Dallas down the path of scrapping for a wildcard spot. That would be nearly as good as the 'Legion of Boom' letting Kirk Cousins throw 2 bombs & steal a match in Seattle Smile

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 7th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 04:42 Nov08 2017 Post ID: 3438503
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I don't like seeing Dallas do well, I hate the team, always have done. It's that ever since I started watching the NFL alomost 40 years ago each season you get a vibe about a team you think will do well, you can't put your finger on it but you just know they are destined to go all the way. I felt this with the 85 Bears, 86 Giants, 89 49rs and so on. I'm now starting to get this feeling with the 2017 Cowboys, they are a team that are knocking on the Super Bowl door. Forget the bad start at the beginning of the season, New England had the same kind of problems but nobody mentions them any more, once a team gets in sync they are difficult to derail. I can picture Dallas losing a couple of more games like away to Philadelphia but I expect them to be in the thick of it when the playoffs begin, I just don't think they are going to be one and out like last year.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 8th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 05:50 Nov08 2017 Post ID: 3438505
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The problem for them is that they will have to play quality teams in the playoffs, and like I said they are 1-2 against good teams. Also if justice follows Elliot will get suspended and possibly miss playoff games. Maybe they can beat Philly. Maybe they can beat New Orleans. Maybe they avenge their home loss to the LA Rams. Maybe they beat an improved Minnesota. Maybe they beat Seattle. I just can't see any matchups where they would be favoured by a long way.

This week they will have a big test against an angry Atlanta team, away from home. If they win that sadly I can see them launching into playoffs with confidence. I'm just hoping they get enough losses to miss out completely on playoffs. Their schedule:
@ Atlanta - W
Philadelphia - W/L
LA Chargers - W
Washington - W
@ NY Giants - W
@ Oakland - W
Seattle - W/L
@ Philadelphia - W/L
Problem though is that they can possibly finish 13-3 and win the division with that schedule. A plus is that they play away in 3 of their last 4 games, and that hopefully they are tired and have to travel again in wildcard weekend.

As much as I hate seeing this over and over again, FLY EAGLES FLY!

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 08:07 Nov08 2017 Post ID: 3438520
Sanzano
+
Yeah, I think you may be right about the Dallas vs Atlanta game this week. It will be a pretty good indicator to how good the Cowboys are, the Falcons like you say are angry and cannot afford to drop any more games and they are at home so should put up a strong performance. Not sure what has happened to Matt Ryan, last year people were talking about him as the league MVP, this year he's mediocre by his standards.

Matt77 Posted: 19:19 Nov08 2017 Post ID: 3438589
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
They did lose their elite offensive coordinator. Also teams have probably found out how to shut down Atlanta. Not sure what New England did in the last 25 minutes of the Superbowl but I'm guessing teams have copied it.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 23:17 Nov08 2017 Post ID: 3438605
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Philly isnt making the NFC Championship. XD

New Orleans isnt making the NFC Championship. XD XD

Jacksonville is definitely not making the AFC Championship. XD XD XD
Sanzano Posted: 01:49 Nov09 2017 Post ID: 3438607
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, just wondering, who have you got penciled in contesting the NFC championship against Dallas if Philadelphia and New Orleans aren't making it to the game. Surely not the Atlanta Falcons? That team was good last year but this year like Matt says without their offensive coordinator and Matt Ryan not playing to the same level the Falcons don't look as dominating. In fact I'd go as far as to say shaky. I can see them losing a close high scoring game this Sunday against Dallas and they still have to play the Saints twice who are looking like they will clinch the division. The Saints are 2nd in the league in total offensive yards, 4th in passing yards, 7th in rushing yards and 6th in average points scored a game with 27.6. Atlanta's schedule for the rest of the season in not easy either having to play Seattle, New Orleans twice, Minnesota and Tampa Bay. In their last five games they have only scored 25 points once, Matt is right, other teams now know what they are doing and have adjusted to stop them. The NFC Championship game will be Dallas against either Philadelphia or New Orleans as Dallas cannot play Philadelphia again until that game once the season ends.

A few interesting games this week.
Miami vs Carolina
Minnesota vs Washington
New Orleans vs Buffalo
Dallas vs Atlanta

Matt77 Posted: 04:35 Nov09 2017 Post ID: 3438613
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior has Atlanta making the Superbowl. You have Dallas making the Superbowl. I have New Orleans making the Suprbowl. All may sound strange, but we all think our pick is bound to make it.

And Warrior, how the hell can New Orleans AND Philadelphia not make the NFC Championship game? Who do you think will? Seattle? they look a class below the rest. Minnesota? Please. LA Rams? Maybe, but they too are inexperienced just like Philly. Dallas? Playoff chokers. Atlanta? Any game chokers. Carolina? Newton. Detroit? XDDDDDD. Washington? Not good enough. I can understand why you think Jacksonville wont make the AFC Championship game, but they annihilated Pittsburgh IN Pittsburgh 30-9 with 5 INTs of Big Ben. I mean they just outscored their (awful I admit) opposition 50-7 without Fournette.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 20:22 Nov09 2017 Post ID: 3438634
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
My Week 10 Predictions: (This Season: 78-54[59.1%]) (Last Week: 5-8) This Week: 9-5)

Seattle 30-17 over Arizona
Chicago 23-16 over Green Bay
Detroit 35-20 over Cleveland
Pittsburgh 41-10 over Indianapolis
Jacksonville 27-24 over Los Angeles Chargers

Buffalo 23-20 over New Orleans
New York Jets 30-20 over Tampa Bay
Washington 26-23 over Minnesota in overtime

Tennessee 29-16 over Cincinnati
Los Angeles Rams 48-13 over Houston
Atlanta 34-28 over Dallas

New York Giants 23-20 over San Francisco
New England 27-6 over Denver
Carolina 25-22 over Miami

Have some upsets here again. I feel Buffalo (at home) are going to respond and end New Orleans's 6-game winning streak in a low-scoring hard fought effort. I also have Washington (at home) backing up their impressive effort, to narrowly beat the overrated Vikings in overtime 2 FGs to 1. Then I have NY Giants scraping past San Francisco, cause SF cannot beat anybody anymore. They had their chance against Indy. They had their chance against Arizona. They failed both times. Eli will play well and respond to his coach saying he may bench him. I also think if Dallas can't escape Elliot's suspension again, then Atlanta will win.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 13th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:36 Nov09 2017 Post ID: 3438641
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Matt: Let me first begin with your analysis of the Eagles Games so far... No matter how much you would like to think they are playing more quality teams as of late, the truth still remains:

Redskins: Proving more and more they are mediocre, worse than last year too
Chiefs (loss): Lost to a Chiefs team that doesn't look as good as they did to begin the year
Giants: Winless at the time, and only one win so far
Chargers: Winless at the time, still won't finish anywhere near .500
Cardinals: Another mediocre team that won't be finishing .500
Panthers: Their markey win, yet it's to a team that has been inconsistent all year long
Redskins: Already mentioned
49ers: Still winless
Denver: Besides quitting before the game began, they've now lost four straight

Eagles are so overrated. They've played zero quality teams whatsoever, because even the Panthers aren't that great. Come see me after the Eagles lose three of their next four - against quality teams - and then you'll know exactly why they won't be in the NFC Championship.

As for the Saints... Even I'll admit they're hot right now, winning six straight. But they've lost to the two teams that actually are good. Panthers and Lions are too inconsistent. Dolphins are pooh. Packers are nothing without Rodgers. Bears are still in the bottom of the NFL. Tampa Bay has no Defense apparently. There is zero chance the Saints reach the NFC Championship because they will have to play good foes in the playoffs, which they have yet to do (and win) so far. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the Saints lose six of their last eight. I actually have the Bills beating them this week. Atlanta could find their stuff and beat them twice like last year. Carolina and Washington could wake up in those given weeks. Rams could demolish them like they have so many others. I don't know if that will happen, but it could.

And don't get me started with Jacksonville. Thinking they will make the playoffs is a stretch; there is absolutely no way in hades they make the AFC Championship. That, no offense, is laughable. Why would you think they could do such a thing? Because they defeated Pittsburgh? Is that your only reasoning? Let's not forget the Bears defeated Pittsburgh as well, but I don't see you having them make the playoffs. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to think Big Ben had his two worst games this season versus the Bears and Jaguars, and that's why they were able to get those upsets? Because, last I checked, Pittsburgh has won all of their other games so far this season.

AFC remains the Patriots. Steelers and Chiefs are long shots. That's it. No Jacksonville. No Houston. No Tennessee. No Buffalo. No Denver. No Oakland. No Baltimore.

NFC, in my opinion, remains Seattle and Atlanta (for now). Dallas and St. Louis are long shots. Would've been Packers, Seahawks and Falcons if Rodgers didn't go down. Vikings won't go too far because you do need a QB to go deep in the playoffs. Eagles have no experience, and they've played zero quality teams whatsoever so far. Saints also haven't played good teams, and their Defense is still dreadful (even if the scores and stats don't support it). Carolina is too inconsistent and not lucky enough to make the Super Bowl.

As for picks, oddly enough, I picked all the same as you. However, I picked Atlanta outright no matter if Elliott plays. Wanted to pick the 49ers, but something's telling me Eli Manning knows it's win or get benched at this point.
Sanzano Posted: 01:49 Nov10 2017 Post ID: 3438655
Sanzano
+
I've been looking at the latest odds to see what the bookies make of the race to the Super Bowl and it appears they've jumped on the Eagles bandwagon making them favourites to win the tournament. I'm surprised to see Seattle still so highly ranked. Atlanta have dropped considerably, according to the bookies now they are long shots with about a dozen teams ahead of them. I think Warrior13 has a point about the Eagles, they haven't beaten any dangerous teams and the one they did meet in the Chiefs beat them, they literally haven't beaten an opponent the bookies considers a top 10 team so that 8-1 record is a bit misleading. I think people will realise this after taking on Dallas twice, the Seahawks and Rams. The Eagles are definately going to drop a couple of games before the end of the season.

Philadelphia Eagles +400
New England Patriots +450
Pittsburgh Steelers +750
Kansas City Chiefs +1100
Seattle Seahawks +1200
Los Angeles Rams +1400
New Orleans Saints +1400
Dallas Cowboys +1600
Minnesota Vikings +1600
Carolina Panthers +2200
Jacksonville Jaguars +2500
Atlanta Falcons +2800
Tennessee Titans +2800
Detroit Lions +2800
Oakland Raiders +3300
Washington Redskins +5000
Green Bay Packers +6600
Buffalo Bills +6600
Houston Texans +10000
Cincinnati Bengals +10000
Denver Broncos +10000
Baltimore Ravens +10000
Los Angeles Chargers +10000
Arizona Cardinals +10000
Chicago Bears +15000
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +20000
Miami Dolphins +25000
New York Jets +25000
Indianapolis Colts +30000
New York Giants +100000

Matt77 Posted: 02:47 Nov10 2017 Post ID: 3438656
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I do agree Philly are overrated, but it doesn't matter who you play. Winning 8/9 games is seriously impressive. Any given Sunday hasn't stopped them. I just see a lot of upside with them. However I don't think they're making the Superbowl.

And with New Orleans, lets remember in their first 2 matches (2 losses) they had Adrian Peterson stalling the offense. Now that he's gone the running game is thriving, with 2 effective RBs. And even I agree they will lose to Buffalo away from home, but it's just that they are due for a loss & Buffalo (home) will not be happy at all after last week's abysmal showing. They thrashed Carolina away from home, so I don't see them losing to them at home. They scored 52 against Detroit. Chicago are 3-5, but nearly beat Atlanta, beat Pittsburgh (6-2), nearly beat Minnesota, beat Baltimore (who beat a team 40-0 in a 50/50 matchup), and beat Carolina (6-3). Chicago are out of that bottom tier, just, and can be very competitive. And Washington are one of the most inconsistent teams out there. If they play New Orleans on an off day they could be murdered. Whether they are good on the day will decide the outcome. I just don't see the Drew Brees-lead Saints choking & missing playoffs. Despite you trashing their D, who cares if they leak yardage? Points are all that matters. Leak 1000 yards, but 0 points due to 5INTs & 3 fumble recoveries, & no-one cares about awful yardage D.

That Jacksonville pick, I admit, was a bit of a longshot/hopeful pick. But it is definitely possible. Maybe a 10-15% chance imo. The offense is getting better by the week, Blake Bortles isn't turning the ball over as much, and that D is lethal. Early in the season they were horribly inconsistent (and couldn't win at home but couldn't lose away from home) but it seems that is plateauing out. The Houston win was a surprise. The Tennessee loss was horrible. The Baltimore win (44-0 before a garbage time TD) was amazing (Baltimore were 2-0 at the time including a 20-0 shutout). The New York Jets loss was at the time awful (however we see now that it wasn't a terrible loss after all). The Pittsburgh win (IN Pittsburgh) was a revelation. The LA Rams loss was disappointing, but LA Rams are a 6-2 team. The Indianapolis win was expected, but was a 27-0 domination without Fournette. The Cincinnati win was their first at home, and was without Fournette again. The last 2 weeks (I know they are awful teams) they've outscored their opposition 50-7. This tells me they will murder Indy & Houston again, meaning 7 wins. SF and Arizona will also be easy wins. That's 9. Oh, and I forgot about Cleveland. That, imo, is a minimum 10-6 record which should be enough for the division title.

Imo Pittsburgh are overrated. They are significantly better at home, but if they have to play good teams away, they will flail. They should've lost to Detroit; it was only same-old Lions play that resulted in 0TDs, 5FGs, & 2 missed FG opportunities, & impressive red-zone defense. I mean god, they lost to Mike Glennon. They're still a decent team that WILL win the division easily (will be 6-0 in that woeful division), but I have doubts as to how they'll go against contenders. Yes they beat Kansas City away from home which was impressive, but KC were uninspiring throughout the contest. Pittsburgh have 6 games against their awful division rivals, and then 3 AFC South games against terrible opposition (Indy, Houston, Tennessee). And then there's Green Bay. That is 10-0. They will make the playoffs (and may even win the #1 seed), but it will be due to having one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. They better not get carried away when they get their 1st week bye.

I get you're very knowledgeable about football, but how can you have Atlanta as being in the NFC Championship game? This is not 2016. Matt Ryan is no-where near MVP, and isn't even elite this season. He is throwing INTs left right and centre. He has no chemistry with Jones atm. The team itself is still scarred from that SB loss (17-0 HT lead against Jay Cutler blown & 10-0 QT lead against Cam Newton blown) and have lost their offensive coordinator. They got a bit lucky against Chicago. They got very lucky against Detroit. In reality they should be 3-5, but if they weren't chokers they should be 6-2 and in contention. If that team finds its rhythm they have a chance, but that seems unlikely. Also they need to actually MAKE playoffs first. A sweep of New Orleans is necessary, but I think they'll split it 1-1. Dallas is this week. Seattle is coming up. Minnesota is coming up. New Orleans is coming up twice. Carolina is coming up. Their only reprieve is 2 Tampa Bay wins that are coming up. I see a 9-7 record, which will not be enough.

Seattle were an outside chance, but they just lost Richard Sherman for the season due to an achilles injury. Their defense has already been unusually weak at times. Russel Wilson cannot be the entire offense. Imo Seattle & Carolina are very similar (good defenses, but QBs who are asked too much due to 0 running game). Carolina wont make playoffs, so I don't know if Seattle can anymore (not ruling them out yet though). But an NFC Championship appearance seems unlikely.

And Tortured Soul, just remember you can only play who is on your schedule. Washington have had an extremely tough schedule (and it's only getting worse). They have played Philly, LA Rams, Oakland, Kansas City, San Francisco, Philly, Dallas, & Seattle. They still have Minnesota, New Orleans, NY Giants, & Dallas in the next month weeks before they get four easy games. The teams they've played add up to a record of 43-27 (43-16 excluding SF). The teams they play next add up to 18-14 (17-7 excluding NYG). Washington are 4-4 while playing a 43-27 schedule. Philly have swept Washington.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 10th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:39 Nov10 2017 Post ID: 3438658
Sanzano
+
That's interesting what you said about the Redskins schedule Matt, I didn't realise the quality of opponents was a lot tougher than other teams like Philadelphia have had. And they've not been beaten badly by anyone. I'm beginning to wonder with an easier second half schedule and players coming back from injury there's the possibility they could win five of their next seven games and get into the playoffs and upset a couple of teams. I'd like to see Cousins play more like he did in the Q4 against Seattle, if he did the Redskins are capable of beating anyone on any given day.

I'm going with New Orleans to beat Buffalo this weekend, after a shaky start and sorting out their running game the Saints are starting to look like a Championship team that is being led by an all-pro Quarterback. I wouldn't be surprised if it's New Orleans and not Dallas that knocks Philadelphia out of the competition in an upset at the divisional playoffs stage. Wentz is having a great year and is in contention for the league MVP but in a high pressure clutch game you cannot afford to lose I feel more comfortable going with the experienced Quarterback who smells one last Super Bowl appearance before he retires. I think Philadelphia will be last years Dallas, one and out.

Matt77 Posted: 04:00 Nov10 2017 Post ID: 3438659
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think Washington win against Minnesota, lose against New Orleans, beat NY Giants, lose to Dallas, & then win 3 of 4 against LA Chargers, Arizona, Denver, & NY Giants. 9-7 sadly seems too low to make playoffs. But if they had Pittsburgh's schedule, it would be VERY different:

Cleveland - W
Minnesota - W (they were very ordinary at that time)
Chicago - W
Baltimore - W
Jacksonville - L
Kansas City - L
Cincinnati - W
Detroit - L (was W/L but I picked L cause Washington are a bit inconsistent)

Imo Washington would be currently 5-3. This is Pittsburgh's remaining schedule & how I think Washington would go:

Indianapolis - W
Tennessee - W
Green Bay - W
Cincinnati - W
Baltimore - W
New England - L
Houston - W
Cleveland - W

Washington would finish 12-4 with Pittsburgh's schedule. Pittsburgh will likely finish with a 13-3 or 12-4 record.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 15:19 Nov12 2017 Post ID: 3438773
Sanzano
+
New Orleans are looking dangerous, they've just destroyed Buffalo. I expected the Saints to scrape a win, not perform a demolition job. And it wasn't Drew Brees and the passing game that did the damage, the running backs simply run all over the Buffalo defense.

Washington got beat by Minnesota who were lucky the game wasn't contested over five quarters because they fell apart in the fourth one. Up until then the Minnesota quarterback looked like Aaron Rogers the way he was throwing the ball.

I'm curious to see how Dallas performs against Atlanta later tonight because as things stand at the moment I have to say with all things considered Matt picking out the Saints a few weeks back after a bad start is turning into a great call.They're looking like they are going to be one of the final four NFC teams.

How the hell did the Redskins get such a horrid schedule, they've got the Saints next week. That's another loss, no way Washington beat the Saints unless the play like they did against Oakland which is not happening because of injuries. Talking about injuries, does anyone know if Josh Norman carrying one because he got burned for over 100 yards this week against the Vikings which is unusual.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 12th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 21:42 Nov12 2017 Post ID: 3438801
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Norman is potentially carrying an injury. His was a nasty one and he'd want to get out and help the team. Could've just been a bad game combined with a 300+ yard performance by the QB.

Can't believe Chicago just lost to Green bay, at home. The horrifying thing is if Green Bay repeat last season and go on a winning streak, and scrape into the #6 seed position by a miracle, Aaron Rodgers could be back and lead them to the Superbowl. Hopefully that remains a miracle chance.

Detroit got a huge scare (at home) from Cleveland. Multiple times they were trailing (0-10, 17-24). They needed yet another 4th quarter to win the game by an inaccurate margin. And again I saw Cleveland being the dumb club they always have been. They played Cody Kessler for 3 snaps (1 complete pass) out of no-where. Why? Just pick a QB. Imo they should pick Kessler. In his 2016 season (9 games, 8 started) he passed for 6TDs & 2INTs at over 60% completion rate. Yet he gets benched. He's played half a game this season, along with his 3 snaps today.

Urgh, I hate Pittsburgh. The team who will win the #1 AFC spot (or at least #2) yet will be the mediocre team they have always been. Trailing 3-17 to INDY they scrape another win 20-17 to improve to 7-2. 7-2?!?! Disgraceful.

Jacksonville got yet another home win, this time against quality opposition. They WILL be in playoffs. Will. LA Chargers' season is over at 3-6.

Lol New Orleans. Lol Buffalo. I thought this was a 50/50 matchup that Buffalo would just win due to homeground advantage. But no. They destroy a quality team, AWAY from home, 47-10!!! Buffalo also used to have the #1 defense. 47!!! The 2 RBs I keep raving about BOTH rushed for over 100 yards. Experienced QB. Quality running game (2 RBs). Decent WRs. An ever-improving defense. Warrior how will this team not make the NFC Championship game (or even the SB as I predicted)?

Boy oh boy. The Jets showed us why they were meant to be 0-16. Awful losing to Tampa Bay and a backup QB. Season over.

Well Minnesota are better than I thought. Don't see how you can bench Case Keenum after that performance. It did include 2INTs but compared to 4TDs & 300+ yards no-one cares. I always liked Keenum at LA Rams. He played some decent games around an awful squad and while being coached by Jeff Fisher. Seems like Washington were again honourable in defeat but they need to spring an upset soon. New Orleans are due for a loss soon. Would be massive if they beat them.

Urgh. Tennessee escape with a win too. That mediocre team is now 6-3 and on track for a playoffs birth. In previous seasons they have been in better form yet missed out. Now they have turned into last season's Texans (mediocre team who manages to get into playoffs). I mean this is a team who had to beat Cleveland in overtime, while scoring 0TDs.

LA Rams should also easily make it. They don't look like slowing down at 7-2. God Deshaun Watson is a massive loss for Houston.

Oh and this beauty. The Dallas Cowboys I have been waiting for all season. Beautiful. I guess if Atlanta play like that they will return to playoffs and have a chance. but then again Dallas were anemic. After trailing 0-7 Atlanta dominated 27-0. Lovely. Also loved reading every Cowboy fan making excuses like 'oh our injuries' when even a team like Philly (8-1) has had their fair share. Washington may be able to beat Dallas when they play. They have a horrible habit of playing to the quality of their opposition meaning one of their last 4 games they'll probably get upset.

Was great to see San Francisco & CJ Beathard get their first win. Playing under that atrocious o-line Beathard passed for 288 yards (76% completion rate) for 2TDs & 1INT.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:38 Nov13 2017 Post ID: 3438822
Sanzano
+
After seeing how the Cowboys perform without Ezekiel Elliott I have to say they are going nowhere, Dak Prescott for some reason can't function without Elliott in the backfield. He looked aweful against the Falcons, he definately has an accuracy problem when he passes as some of those passes that should have been caught were uncatchable. What happened to this fantastic Dallas offensive line I keep reading about? The Falcons defense spent much of the game in the Dallas backfield chasing prescott who looked out of his depth, I bet the Cowboys are regretting getting rid of Romo so quickly after seeing that performance.

Interesting seeing what is going to happen now, Dallas and Green Bay look as if they need Elliot and Aaron Rogers to fuction effectively and both players are not returning until the end of the season. Can both teams stay alive in the race until then or will the likes of New Orleans, Minnesota, LA Rams and Washington with their easy second half schedule take advantage?

Respect to Bill Billichick getting 270 career wins to tie Tom Landry's record with the Cowboys. I honestly thought in this day and age nobody would get close to the record. I don't think he has a shot at Don Shula's 347 though, he'd have to continue coaching for another 10 years with a successful team to get that one. Don Sula coached in the NFL from 1963-1995. Bill Billichick will probably go down as the greatest coach ever though, his record of Super Bowl wins as head coach and assistant is second to none.

Matt77 Posted: 01:58 Nov13 2017 Post ID: 3438826
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dak Prescott simply is an overrated QB. There is a reason he was taken in the 3rd or 4th round. Last season his o-line was stellar and gave him heaps of time and space to make passes. Now with injuries he is being found out. I mean, if you put Dak in San Francisco & CJ Beathard in Dallas you may see CJ being raved about & Dak criticised. Sure Dak will have a decent career and is a NFL starter, but he is not elite at all & is maybe just in the above average category. Some QBs can't handle the pressure of running an entire offense. When you don't have an elite RB there to share some plays, you can easily crumble. Blake Bortles' season has been better simply because he has a better running game to take the pressure off him.
Last week there was an article saying Dallas are the best team in the NFC. There was also another saying Dallas are America's team. And a 3rd saying Dallas are still elite without Zeke. Well America's team sure did a good job at getting destroyed by the SB chokers.

Green Bay seem a long shot to make it to postseason. They have Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indy, Minnesota, Detroit, Carolina, & Tapma Bay left. I see 2-5 at best, and a finish of 7-9.
Dallas are still a chance, but unless they sweep Philly, they may let their spot up to Carolina. Philly, Philly*, Washington, NY Giants, Seattle*, Oakland, & LA Chargers remain (* teams are with Elliot playing). I see 5-2 at best here. That would make it 10-6 and a spot in the playoffs. But that's the best case scenario.

Please hurry up and retire Belichick!!! Please.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 22:17 Nov13 2017 Post ID: 3438839
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well Miami failed once again in a primetime test. 0-6 in primetime in the past 3 seasons. Outscored 62-156 in those games. Currently trailing 14-45 which would make it 76-201. Season over.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:32 Nov14 2017 Post ID: 3438857
Sanzano
+
Miami has to be one of the most frustrating teams in the NFL to follow. What happened to their defense last night, they allowed four runners to get a combined 296 yards and gave up four passing Touchdowns to Cam Newton. Realistically I think the season is over for Miami, they need to go on an eye opening against the odds winning streak now at 4-5 to have any chance of reaching the playoffs, there's too many teams out there now that are better. The Dolphins currently stand 32nd in the league in points scored, 31st in total yards, 29th in passing yards and 30th in rushing yards. Those stats won't get them to the playoffs, they need to start thinking about next year, the quarterback position in particular where it is horrifyingly obvious that Cutler's heart is not with the team.

The quality teams are starting to put a string of wins together, there's quite a few teams that have a winning streak of four or above: New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans, Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, and Los Angeles Rams. The most impressive streak out of that bunch in my opinion is the Saints who having got rid of Adrian Peterson have become a formidable well-balanced team winning their last seven games.

Displaying Page 72 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close