Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 93 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:44 Feb14 2018 Post ID: 3442628
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I don't know a lot about Indianapolis to be truthful, they're one of those teams that are just there to make the numbers up. I don't see them doing anything of note any time soon. All I know about the Colts is they've had two of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game in Johnny Unitas and Peyton Manning.

I can't believe the Redskins may go through and sign Kirk Cousins just so they can get a third round draft pick when they trade him. This could backfire spectacularly, I bet Alex Smith isn't impressed... I'm beginning to wonder if Washington are going to back out of the Alex Smith deal after being laughed at by the rest of the league for getting rid of a talented young defensive player in Fuller.Nno telling what that team is thinking, we'll find out soon enough as the deadline is approaching. It just strikes me strange that the Redskins would show their cards going after Alex Smith with so much time before the deadline, it's almost as if they did it to force other teams to show their hand, ie. who see was genuinely interested in Cousins and to see what could get from them in a trade.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 04:32 Feb14 2018 Post ID: 3442629
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I really don't know. All I know is that the organisation of the Washington Redskins are idiots, and I feel sorry for you as a Skins fan for having to deal with their stupidity.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:57 Feb16 2018 Post ID: 3442640
Sanzano
+
Yeah, tell me about it Matt. I'd like to support another team, one that has a chance of winning the Super Bowl but for some strange reason the only team I'm interested in following is the Redskins. I suppose it's nostalgia, them being the first team I liked when I started watching the NFL back in 1982. Back then the Redskins were the equivalent of the Patriots today, the best team in football.

One bit of good news for the Redskins, looks like Su'a Cravens the 2016 3rd round draft pick who didn't play last year because of personal reasons has been reinstated. Washington may have lost a promising cornerback in Kendall Fuller in the Alex Smith trade but at least now they got their strong safety back.

Matt77 Posted: 08:02 Feb16 2018 Post ID: 3442643
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I read about the unlikely scenario that Cousins goes to Cleveland, and it actually sounds like a good deal for both parties. If Cousins goes there, Cleveland get to draft Barkley at #1 and then can trade away their #4 pick to a desperate team and get a handful of draft picks to rebuild the club. Try to lure in some decent players too, and they can change the culture of the Cleveland Browns in a second. Then Cousins would be the leader of an up and coming young team. I'm sure they would give Kirk his payday too.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 09:42 Feb16 2018 Post ID: 3442644
Sanzano
+
The only problem with that scenario Matt is that Cousins has stated he is not interested in the money, he wants to go to a club that has a chance of winning the Super Bowl. If that is the case that rules out him wanting to go to Cleveland, a club that is known as a burial ground for quarterbacks. Cleveland hasn't had a sniff at the Super Bowl since the early 90's when they had Bernie Kozar at quarterback and a recieving corp that included the great Ozzie Newsome and Webstar Slaughter. They also had a pair of decent running backs back then in Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack who were the equivalent of the current pairing in New Orleans of Kamara and Ingram. Hard as I try and envisage it I can't see Cleveland winning a Super Bowl any time soon. On paper they are starting to look like a decent team, especially if like you say they get Cousins at quarterback and draft Barkley but I just have this feeling that makes me think they will not make a serious run in the foreseeable future, after all it is the Cleveland Browns wer're talking about, they'll find a way to screw things up.

Matt77 Posted: 19:23 Feb16 2018 Post ID: 3442648
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
All I've read is saying that the reason Washington weren't signing Cousins was because they didn't think he was worth the money he was asking for. If Cousins really was playing for winning SBs and not the money, he would've offered to take a slight pay cut. All I've read is saying if Cousins got the contract he wanted in Washington he would be one of the highest payed QBs.

Even if Cousins wants to win a SB, where can he go? Jacksonville want Bortles, Minnesota have 3 QBs on the roster, & Big Ben is still throwing for 300+ yards regularly at Pittsburgh. Of his realistic options he probably has Denver, Arizona, NY Jets, Cleveland, & Buffalo. None of those really jump off the page as SB contenders. If I was going to pick the first team out of that lot to contend for a SB it would be NY Jets, but just like Cleveland they're a young team. Kirk needs to understand he probably wont win a SB in his lifetime; most players fail to.

It seems like there's too many QBs wandering around in the league right now. Backups like Mike Glennon, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Fitzpatrick etc will surely lose their jobs to younger players like AJ McCarron, Jacoby Brisset, CJ Beathard etc. They may not necessarily be starters, but they'd do a good job for you as a backup, and if I was an owner of a team I'd like having young talent rather than washed up backups.

AJ McCarron is also an interesting one. Last season Cleveland tried to trade for him but couldn't do their paperwork quick enough (lol), and now that he's a free agent they can get him for nothing. Then they can do down the same route as with Cousins, where they could draft Barkley and trade away that #4. Or they could even keep it and draft another QB with it. Like you say teams want QBs that are proven rather than young talent that could turn into a bust. McCarron is slightly proven from what I've seen. He's got a 2-2 starter record with a 7-3 TD:INT ratio. He was also the guy who put Cincy 16-15 up on wildcard weekend all those years ago after trailing 0-15, and if it wasn't for classic Bungles choking by the defenders & RB, he would've lead Cicny to their first playoff win in around 20 years.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 13:48 Feb25 2018 Post ID: 3442788
Sanzano
+
Matt, looks like Kirk Cousins will end up with the NewYork Jets, they want him so desperately they?ve said they?ll pay whatever it takes to get him. No doubt that pleases you having to face him and a rejuvenated Jets team twice a year seeing as they?re in the AFC East. I can?t believe the money Cousins is going to get, the guy has a losing record and has never won a playoff game. All he has are three years of stats that look impressive on paper but when you analyse them closely you discover most of it was accumulated in garbage time football and he is weak in the red zone.

I keep seeing that the Cleveland Browns will likely take the Running back with their first pick and a quarterback with their second pick in the first round. The logic being that there will still be decent quarterbacks about for their second pick but the running back who has been compared to Marshall Falk will be gone by then.

Matt77 Posted: 02:05 Feb26 2018 Post ID: 3442802
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I read more and more and agree with that theory Cleveland will use. I know originally I said they needed to take Darnold but seeing as all QBs fail at Cleveland, they just need any QB to have a gamble with. I still think Cody Kessler (who they REFUSE to play despite ok stats) is a good test project too.

It's ok, we still get to play Tyrod Taylor twice a year, or so it would seem. He actually plays like a quality QB whenever he plays Miami... Adding Cousins in twice with Brady twice, and it's a recipe for disaster. I'd still like to see Cousins with the Jets, since I've always liked both NY Jets & Cousins.

Seeing as both our teams seem destined for failure next season, how do you think they'll both go? Personally I think Miami are going to finish 6-10 if they're lucky. They'll beat each division team once including NE, but will go 1-3 in the AFC South, only beating Indy, and they'll also pick up a win against the Bungles. They'll lose to Oakland though. Then in the NFC North they'll only pick up the 1 win against Chicago.
Washington however will finish 4-12, as they have a horrific schedule once again if I'm correct (NYG x2, DAL x2, PHI x2, NO, ATL, CAR, TB, ARI, GB, HOU, TEN, JAX, IND). They can't beat Dallas ever, Philly are elite now, & they'll get one division win only against NYG just like this season. They'll lose every game in the powerful NFC South, & Green Bay will also beat them. They'll get a win against Arizona is they're lucky, & then they'll go 2-2 in the AFC South with wins against Indy & Tennessee (upset).

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 26th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:13 Feb26 2018 Post ID: 3442805
Sanzano
+
I think you are correct Matt, Washington won't be able to compete in the NFC East with the likes of Philadelphia and Dallas and will end up with like you say a 4-12 record or something similar. Alex Smith will no doubt be blamed for the poor showing even though he doesn't have any offensive weapons around him who are anywhere near elite to work with. To be honest, I've already resigned to the fact that it will be a rebuilding year for Washington so I'm hoping they pick up some good players from the draft. I'm hoping they select Alabama's DT, Da?Ron Payne, the reason being when he paired up with Jonathon Allen (Redskins 1st round pick last year) in Alabama they were a dominant force in college football. NFL experts predict if that were to happen and the players were to reunite even Dallas and Philadelphia would struggle running against which ever side those two where lined up.

I have a feeling Kirk Cousins will be a bust whichever team he goes to, I can't work out why all these teams think he is going to be some kind of saviour for them, the guy was a fourth round draft pick, has a losing record, never won a playoff game and makes poor decisions in key situations.

I hear Buffalo are talking about trading up to get one of the top quarterbacks, that could be another problem for Miami in a couple of years time if they do. In fact Miami need to resolve their quarterback situation otherwise they are going to get left behind.

Matt77 Posted: 03:51 Feb26 2018 Post ID: 3442806
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Washington should make sure they draft that player. Team chemistry is very important, and since every draft pick could be a bust, why not pick someone who has chemistry with a quality player on your team?

You're being a bit too harsh on Kirk I think. I get what you're saying but he's still an above average QB that will do ok wherever he goes. Yes he usually plays awful in big primetime games, but the majority of games are standard regular-season 1pm timeslots.* Remember, he had very few weapons this season and still managed to get a 7-9 record. And with near-wins against KC (red-hot form) and New Orleans, they could've easily had a winning record. Then take out the disgraceful 10-18 loss to NY Giants in week 17, and they finish 10-6. NY Jets are an up and coming team with some young talent that could turn into anything. The Washington WRs are nearly all washed up, and he performed decent with them.

Buffalo aren't releasing Tyrod Taylor, so it'd be bizarre for them to draft a QB now. If I were Buffalo I would've released the mediocre play Taylor brings, and draft a QB, while keeping Peterman around for 1 more year as a test project. Maybe they want to keep Taylor as a backup, but save yourself some money. If Buffalo trade up and their pick is a bust next season they are screwed, especially if they pick Baker Mayfield.

I'm not sure what Miami will do. Personally I'd like them to draft a QB that isn't Mayfield or Jackson and keep him in a backup role for the season behind Tannehill. That way he can learn the ropes before eventually taking Tannehill's job. But most if not all mock drafts I read have Miami picking up defensive players. I think Washington need to do exactly the same thing as Miami, and draft someone that will be Smith's backup until he retires.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 26th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:31 Feb26 2018 Post ID: 3442812
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Chiefs are losers. They got NOTHING for Peters.
Matt77 Posted: 20:43 Feb26 2018 Post ID: 3442817
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol that's just the Chiefs. 2nd and 4th round picks. Everyone thinks Mahomes is going to be a star, yet he's played one game, where he threw for 0TDs. They could be in BIG trouble in years to come, with LA Chargers & Oakland looking to be on the up soon, and Denver possibly bringing in a quality QB. I don't mind KC, but when you consistently choke in big games over a long time span you deserve the failure that will come.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:34 Feb27 2018 Post ID: 3442819
Sanzano
+
Matt, I see the Dolphins are showing considerable interest in Derrius Guice. He'd be a great acquisition for Miami if you can get him. He's got a chance of becoming one of the elite runners in the NFL. Guice runs hard and is difficult to bring down, his career total of 6.50 is behind Bo Jackson's record of 6.62 and just ahead of Todd Gurley's 6.44. Pretty good company. Check out his highlights from college and see what you think.

Minnesota have entered the Kirk Cousins sweepstake... I would have thought with the promise Case Keenum showed last season they may have decided to invest in him and develop him into a solid quarterback. The Vikings believe they are one decent quarterback from the Super Bowl and the time is now.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 27th 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:04 Feb27 2018 Post ID: 3442822
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
He does look good, but you've got to remember Miami already have Kenyan Drake, who rushed for several 100+ yard performances. It'd be great to have 2 young RBs, but Miami's secondary is putrid and the o-line is pretty average. If the o-line is bad then any RB will struggle. Guice may've had an elite o-line to work with.

In my opinion going to Cousins would be a downgrade for Minnesota. No joke. Keenum had a 22:7 ratio last season while Cousins had a 27:13 one. Keenum will throw an INT once every 2 games, which as far as I can tell is elite. Cousins will throw one in most games, which is alright but not elite. When it comes to tight, big games you can trust that Keenum isn't going to make a bonehead decision.

I read the draft combine notes on both QBs, and interestingly enough through college Cousins was projected to be a backup QB throughout his career. While QBs can elevate their level in the NFL when you have qualities that grade you as a backup, in college, then there's a few problems. Meanwhile Keenum was given a pretty good grade and had quite a few strengths, and the only weakness was his size. Really what this says is if he had the height he'd be a top 8 QB, and that he has good football IQ. I'd rather have a competent QB who throws less INTs than one who will throw for more yards each game, but will turn the ball over more often.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 27th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:10 Feb27 2018 Post ID: 3442824
Sanzano
+
Matt, the Dolphins may be looking at Derrius Guice as their second draft pick, I don't think he will go in the first. He has potential to be a great runner but had a knee injury in 2017 which will put a lot of teams off just like Jonathan Allens shoulder injury made him drop into the lap of the Redskins last year. The only thing is though I hear Detroit are intereseted in taking Derrius Guice in the second round as well. Even with Kenyan Drake averaging 123.5 yards in the four starts he made last season which included 193 against the Patriots having another quality running back in the backfield like the Saints with Kamara and Ingram wouldn't be a bad thing.

Matt77 Posted: 08:18 Feb27 2018 Post ID: 3442827
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If the guy is so good, there's no way he will fall to pick 43. I agree Detroit need a RB, but no mock drafts by the 'experts' have Detroit picking up a RB. Same with Seattle, who have 0 running game too. I'm not sure if they're just idiots rather than experts, or whether other pieces of teams are just more important. If those desperate teams are supposedly going to pass on Guice, I'm not sure he's got what it takes. Miami are ahead of both Detroit & Seattle so they'd need to take him in the 1st.

Teddy Bridgewater is definitely going to be a free agent now come the trade period. I originally had him landing in Buffalo and experts have him in Arizona, but a comment someone made made me think it;s not a bad idea him going to NE as a backup if he can't get a starting job anywhere. He'd get paid well for a backup, while he wouldn't have to play much and flare up that knee of his. Then if Brady ever gets injured he can lead the team to a SB appearance.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:18 Feb27 2018 Post ID: 3442828
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami needs DBs and O-Lineman in the draft. That is top priority. From there, definitely LB. Obviously, QB would be #1 if we decide to move on from Tannehill, which is a serious possibility.

I am also hearing that Miami could draft a QB in the First Round. However, in order to do that, they would need to trade or release Tannehill, as well as trade Jarvis Landry and possibly Suh. That would get us another First Round Pick, possibly two if we do move on from Suh, which Miami would need to package with the #11 Overall to trade with the Colts at #3 and get the guy you want. A lot, I know, but Miami is also only one of two teams that is presently over the Cap Limit.
Matt77 Posted: 18:00 Feb27 2018 Post ID: 3442841
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I read that Miami receive 2 first round draft picks if Landry leaves. Win-win situation there. The latest mock draft (that included projected pick trades) had all 6 QBs being taken inside the first 8 picks due to Buffalo & Arizona trading. However Miami pick up a QB I haven't heard of called Mason Rudolph. Guice was taken by Indy at pick 36.

If Miami really wanted to go into rebuild mode, they should trade Tannehill to Denver for a 2nd round pick and then trade up with Denver to take their #5 pick. Then let Landry walk and get the 2 first rounders. If they don't get 2 then trade Suh. Denver can have one of those picks and another 2019 1st rounder. That way they can take a QB with the first pick, and then draft an o-line/DB/LB etc player with their other 1st rounder. Or if they're serious about Guice they can take him. Then they have two 2nd rounders to draft who they need.

One thing I keep noticing is that the mock drafts don't have Indy drafting a QB. Their 2 options at QB are Andrew Luck, who possibly won't play next season, and Jacoby Brisset, who is a test project. If Luck gets healthy again then it's all good and they have an above average QB, but that's assuming his injury doesn't affect his throwing. But if it fails they will have a miserable year. Indy should consider drafting a QB with that #3 pick. If not and Barkley is available I think he's more valuable than Bradley Chubb.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 27th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 18:57 Feb27 2018 Post ID: 3442844
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Unfortunately, no one is going to sign Landry when two first round picks are on the line. We would be lucky to trade him for one first round selection. The same goes for Suh and the contract he brings along with him.
Sanzano Posted: 01:29 Feb28 2018 Post ID: 3442848
Sanzano
+
Miami aren't going to let Landry go anywhere, they've just franchise tagged him. As for Suh, I think Warrior13 is right, although a good player he comes with too much baggage to give up a first rounder for. Even more so now when you take into account that most of the top picks this year are going to be quarterbacks it makes you realise that those teams not in the market for one are going to pick up a potential elite player in another position that they may not have got in another year. No doubt some big names will fall down the draft like last year's Jonathon Allen who before his injury concerns were highlighted was projected by just about everyone as being the second player selected after Myles Garrett, it's just trying to work out who will fall down the draft and why.

Your right Matt, Mason Rudolph's name and also Lamar Jackson the Heisman Trophy winner are two quarterbacks nobody talks about now which six months ago were mentioned with the four everyone's currently after. Don't know what happened there. Redskins showed interest in Rudolph so perhaps they're hoping to get him in the second round as backup to Alex Smith.

I hear the Colts may do a deal with Cleveland which sends Andrew Luck to the Browns in exchange for the Browns two first round draft choices. This is something the Colts did years ago when they lost patience with Peyton Manning and his shoulder injury and drafted Andrew Luck. If that happens it will through everyones draft predictions out of sink.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 28th 2018 »

Displaying Page 93 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close