Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Lock Down

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 6 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
danielroxheaps Posted: 06:04 Jun03 2020 Post ID: 3451145
danielroxheaps
Post Likes: 250
+
We've been out of lockdown here a while. Almost at alert level 1, however still doing my course online for the foreseeable. And despite there only being 1 active case in the entire country, for some weird reason I'm still reluctant to leave the house myself and unable to touch the buttons at the traffic light crossing or things like door handles in public spaces.

« Last edited by danielroxheaps on Jun 3rd 2020 »
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/i...roxheaps
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/use...roxheaps
To find me on any other website just look for the user "danielroxheaps"

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 10:36 Jun03 2020 Post ID: 3451148
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Were you one of the people who was hoarding toilet paper etc?

That one person will be self-isolating, since they've been tested and would've been told to stay home. The media have succeeded in making you panic over nothing.

The crazy thing is, you don't like going out in a country with 1 active case, yet Americans are more than happy to go out in a country with 1.1 million active cases... (I'm not critising you btw)

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 3rd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
danielroxheaps Posted: 18:35 Jun03 2020 Post ID: 3451160
danielroxheaps
+
No because it'd drive me nuts having toilet paper everywhere

I don't know if it's the fact that it's only one active case, or only one known active case. I know that seems unlikely, especially since nobody can get in or out of the country... I hardly watch news reports etc for the reason of scaremongering... Strange haha.

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
Matt77 Posted: 02:35 Jun04 2020 Post ID: 3451175
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
In regard to that stricken-out line, that's one of the most Dan posts I think I've ever seen ViolinViolinViolin

US daily cases have been sitting at roughly 20,000 for almost a month. Yet total active cases are now decreasing, despite minimal lockdown measures in most states. It makes absolutely zero sense. Daily cases increase with lockdown in place, but they decrease with no lockdown? Someone please provide an explanation...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 4th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

danielroxheaps Posted: 02:57 Jun04 2020 Post ID: 3451177
danielroxheaps
+
Matt77 said:In regard to that stricken-out line, that's one of the most Dan posts I think I've ever seen ViolinViolinViolin

Haha

Matt77 said:US daily cases have been sitting at roughly 20,000 for almost a month. Yet total active cases are now decreasing, despite minimal lockdown measures in most states. It makes absolutely zero sense. Daily cases increase with lockdown in place, but they decrease with no lockdown? Someone please provide an explanation...

I agree. Are they recording their numbers correctly?

Matt77 Posted: 05:06 Jun04 2020 Post ID: 3451180
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's all so hard to understand in the US. Democrats say, and have 'proof' that Trump has told states to alter their daily cases and deaths numbers. Republicans say, and have 'proof' that hospitals are classifying a death as a coronavirus death if they are infected, but didn't actually die from the virus. Republicans think that their opinion is the only one that is valid, and that all Democrats are liars. Democrats think that their opinion is the only one that is valid, and that all Republicans are liars.

So who knows. There is literally zero way to trust information in that country. If Democrats say something, Trump simply says it's fake news and the "lamestream media", and then his rabid supporters and Russian bots believe it instantly. There is no way to prove either point, because Trump will deny anything and write his own script, which is believed by all of his supporters with no hesitation.

Try this. At the next opportunity, go onto Trump's Twitter profile, and read the comments of many of his tweets. You will see some truly mind-blowing statements. Some are Russian bots like RD and William Criag Shores, but others are either insane, or are being paid by the Republican party to reply to Trump's tweets, like Melissa A and Dawn Michael, PhD. You'll also see some Democrats which bash Trump at every opportunity, are are likely being paid by the Democratic party.

ViolinViolinViolin

danielroxheaps Posted: 07:53 Jun04 2020 Post ID: 3451181
danielroxheaps
+
Twitter's been made quite toxic in all this mess. Think because America has hit the headlines so much recently (not for good reasons either), it's caused a massive clash between supporters and non-supporters.

Matt77 Posted: 10:01 Jun04 2020 Post ID: 3451188
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh no. Twitter has almost been this bad from the moment Trump won the Republican nomination in early 2016. Republicans and Democrats have always been at odds with each other on this large scale. Haven't you heard about Trump's invention of Obamagate, which he claims is worse than Watergate? There are literally hundreds of real people (not counting the bots) who believe with all their heart, that Obama is the most corrupt President in history. The coronavirus and BLM protests/riots have only worsened an already chaotic battleground.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 4th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

danielroxheaps Posted: 05:30 Jun08 2020 Post ID: 3451294
danielroxheaps
+
0 active cases so it's pretty much normality here... Just waiting for "wave 2".

Matt77 Posted: 10:12 Jun08 2020 Post ID: 3451301
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yes I heard. Congrats! Your country has proven to be one of, if not the most sensible country on the planet, once again. Despite my 'mountain and no shop land' jokes, I do admire your country.

From today, count down 14 days. If active cases stay at 0 for two weeks, then coronavirus is 100% gone unless you bring people in to the country. An extinct virus cannot spread.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 8th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:18 Jun08 2020 Post ID: 3451314
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
As Matt said, an extinct virus can't spread. There won't be a second wave by all accounts. So far, I believe only Italy might have a bit more weeding out to do. In the grand scheme of things, everyone will contract cornavirus at some point, if they haven't done so already. As Darwin would say, survival of the fittest.
danielroxheaps Posted: 18:18 Jun08 2020 Post ID: 3451317
danielroxheaps
+
Apparently they're planning on, first, opening the borders to Australia, and then eventually more countries. However, when this happens, all it would take is someone to ignore the rules of self-isolating for there to be more cases.

Matt77 Posted: 03:19 Jun09 2020 Post ID: 3451324
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - If you support Darwin's theory, I also take it that you would support stopping the treatment of people with regular infections or viruses? After all, they've contracted them because they have weaker immune systems.

Obviously I'm being a bit dramatic, but c'mon. It's about minimising the death rate. Every death means a mourning family. Had the US not reopened so quickly, they would have experienced a more dramatic decrease in daily cases, active cases, and daily deaths. Instead it's a very slow burn. Brazil are going down a path even worse than what Trump wanted for the US, and soon they'll go from having not too many deaths, to having the 2nd highest number. Their President basically said it's just a normal virus and that the citizens need to carry on as usual.
Over 710,000 cases (350,000 active)
Over 37,000 deaths

Dan - Yeah, I hear that by early July there will be a "Trans-Tasman bubble" between Aus and NZ. That is terrible news for New Zealand, as Australia WILL bring in new cases. We still have 445 active cases, including 337 in New South Wales. Plus Australia's active cases aren't falling anymore. They're stuck at numbers similar to this, and I don't see it decreasing, seeing as we are now either partially or fully open in all states.

ViolinViolinViolin

danielroxheaps Posted: 03:03 Jun16 2020 Post ID: 3451470
danielroxheaps
+
Warrior13 said:As Matt said, an extinct virus can't spread. There won't be a second wave by all accounts. So far, I believe only Italy might have a bit more weeding out to do. In the grand scheme of things, everyone will contract cornavirus at some point, if they haven't done so already. As Darwin would say, survival of the fittest.

2 people came from the UK and they tested positive a few days after arriving... So it could be the start of wave 2.

Matt77 Posted: 03:23 Jun16 2020 Post ID: 3451472
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Hopefully they went straight into their designated quarantine and didn't come into contact with anyone. If that's the case, the virus cannot spread anywhere. And if they have, then those people will be contacted and told to get tested, and so on until they trace everyone.

Put it this way Dan. New Zealand will NOT have a 2nd wave. No country will. Take the US. They are having constant protests in the streets, and have been reopened for 6-8 weeks now. Yet daily cases are DECREASING. If the US are that reckless and it hasn't caused a 2nd wave, there will be no such wave in New Zealand.

If it helps, my state was at 2 active cases, and then balooned to 31 due to a Kuwait ship having several positive cases. Those people had to come onto W.A soil and go to our hospitals. There was no 2nd wave, and we are now back down to 2 active cases again.

It's a shame though. I saw that Super Rugby had full stadiums with no restrictions. Life was as normal as it could be. You have a competent leader though, unlike the majority of countries, so you should be fine.

ViolinViolinViolin

danielroxheaps Posted: 03:30 Jun16 2020 Post ID: 3451473
danielroxheaps
+
They were at a hotel which was obviously very relaxed due to everyone thinking the virus had been mostly eradicated. At least now they've gone over and fixed the "rules" for people going in and out of the country (they had arrived to visit a dying relative).

Sanzano Posted: 03:33 Jun16 2020 Post ID: 3451474
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I make you right about the US Matt, if after the BLM protests the infection rate is still going down I feel confident that this is the end of Covid-19, although I'd feel a lot better if a vaccine was discovered just in case it flares up again.

The thing is though, it's just a matter of time before another virus is released upon the world if scientists continue messing about developing chemical warfare weapons. Apparently there's been five deadly viruses since 2000 already, these include SARs, Ebola, and Coronovirus. As you probably can guess I don't believe for a second that Covid-19 comes from a market in Wuhan, I'm not that guallable, those markets have been around for centuries.

Matt77 Posted: 04:04 Jun16 2020 Post ID: 3451477
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Exactly Dennis. I believed right from the start that it was bio-warfare that was accidentally released from a Chinese lab. The good thing though, is that regardless, China and other countries will be very hesitant of ever creating viruses again.

Dan - If they were at a hotel then that means they were following policy and were quaranteening (apart from visiting the relative). I'd say there will be at absolute most, a few new cases. But since it's at a hotel, they can easily find out who was at the hotel on which days.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:28 Jun16 2020 Post ID: 3451479
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
A defeated nation in a war usually has to dismantle their military (Germany after the WWII for example). If I had my way, China if it is proved they were tampering with chemical weapons would be forced to demilitarise as punishment for unleashing this terrible virus that has caused hundreds of thousands of deaths worldwide.

danielroxheaps Posted: 04:49 Jun16 2020 Post ID: 3451480
danielroxheaps
+
Matt77 said:Dan - If they were at a hotel then that means they were following policy and were quaranteening (apart from visiting the relative). I'd say there will be at absolute most, a few new cases. But since it's at a hotel, they can easily find out who was at the hotel on which days.

Just read that they drove from Auckland to Wellington (9 hours by car), and "One of the women had mild symptoms after arriving in Auckland, but it was put down to a pre-existing condition so the women were placed in managed isolation rather than quarantine at an Auckland hotel."

Displaying Page 6 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close