Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Last film you have seen

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 32 of 34
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Last     Previous | Next
Symphony Posted: 20:31 Oct26 2010 Post ID: 2920162
Symphony
Post Likes: 0
+
The Illusionist

It's about a boy who practices magic tricks and falls in love with a girl of a higher class, who become separated and meet again by chance years later after leading lives apart.

I know I made it sound cliché, but I don't want to give away anything. I enjoyed it and thought it was very interesting. I'd recommend it.

(This thread used to be about actually reviewing the last movie you saw, not just posting it. Don't know when or why that stopped.)
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dnextreme88 Posted: 23:08 Oct26 2010 Post ID: 2920229
dnextreme88
hg
+
Watched Rush Hour 3 last night.

Avy & Sig by: Craizen
PSN ID: N0t0r10us-Killah

But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.
super craig Posted: 07:19 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920295
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
Symphony said:The Illusionist

It's about a boy who practices magic tricks and falls in love with a girl of a higher class, who become separated and meet again by chance years later after leading lives apart.

I know I made it sound cliché, but I don't want to give away anything. I enjoyed it and thought it was very interesting. I'd recommend it.

(This thread used to be about actually reviewing the last movie you saw, not just posting it. Don't know when or why that stopped.)

It stopped because it got to a point where every other post was a mod telling people they needed to review it, I've had better luck trying to hold back the tide. At least this way its been a more active thread and people who want to actually review their last film can still do so. Though I still do urge people to post a bit of a review, its more likely to grab someones attention if they know a little about it.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Cataclysm Posted: 14:21 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920378
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Defendor

A hero film in the same vein as Kick-Ass, but nowhere near the same in execution. Quite a good watch, to be honest, with quite a few touching moments. I recommend it.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Symphony Posted: 14:26 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920380
Symphony
+
super craig said:Though I still do urge people to post a bit of a review, its more likely to grab someones attention if they know a little about it.
Exactly, I'd be more interested in looking in this thread if people posted at least even a little summary about the movie, even if it's well-known and obvious what it's about. Or even if you'd recommend anyone else to watch it.

But "I just saw Batman a few hours ago lol" is okay too I guess.
sphynxx Posted: 21:52 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920538
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Symphony said:
super craig said:Though I still do urge people to post a bit of a review, its more likely to grab someones attention if they know a little about it.
Exactly, I'd be more interested in looking in this thread if people posted at least even a little summary about the movie, even if it's well-known and obvious what it's about. Or even if you'd recommend anyone else to watch it.

I agree with you. Except with movies people have seen before, I don't bother reviewing. I'll usually add some thought to the post in this thread, but I don't go into an indepth style review. I'd prefer that people did add some thoughts, or at least a link to a page of the movie on a site such as IMDb.

I usually save proper reviews for an independant thread where people can share their views. This thread would get far too clogged up with people trying to discuss things if everyone "reviewed" in here.

I just finished watching Prince of Persia again; My thoughts on the film. Halfway down the page.

Question, any reason this was unpinned?

« Last edited by sphynxx on Oct 27th 2010 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
super craig Posted: 10:09 Oct28 2010 Post ID: 2920713
super craig
+
sphynxx said:
Symphony said:

I agree with you. Except with movies people have seen before, I don't bother reviewing. I'll usually add some thought to the post in this thread, but I don't go into an indepth style review. I'd prefer that people did add some thoughts, or at least a link to a page of the movie on a site such as IMDb.

I usually save proper reviews for an independant thread where people can share their views. This thread would get far too clogged up with people trying to discuss things if everyone "reviewed" in here.

I just finished watching Prince of Persia again; My thoughts on the film. Halfway down the page.

Question, any reason this was unpinned?

I'd assumed you'd unpinned it for some reason, I was meaning to ask you. Seeing as no reason was given I'll repin it.

Cataclysm Posted: 14:09 Oct28 2010 Post ID: 2920744
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Four Lions

I saw the trailer quite a while ago and decided that I wanted to see it. The post on the previous page reminded me of that and made me look it up. Overall, a great watch. Funny when it wants to be, and sometimes when it doesn't. Apart from the comedy moments there are also those that make you think, and are also quite emotional. Being such a hot topic at the moment, I think the whole project was very well done.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

sphynxx Posted: 20:18 Oct28 2010 Post ID: 2920992
sphynxx
+
Cataclysm said:Four Lions

I saw the trailer quite a while ago and decided that I wanted to see it. The post on the previous page reminded me of that and made me look it up. Overall, a great watch. Funny when it wants to be, and sometimes when it doesn't. Apart from the comedy moments there are also those that make you think, and are also quite emotional. Being such a hot topic at the moment, I think the whole project was very well done.

Hooray. Perfect post for this thread =D haha. Now I'll just have to remember to do that. Has personal thoughts & a link to a site for the movie. Yay.

So Craig, if you didn't unpin it, and I didn't, who did? Eh

Tropic Thunder IMDb page

God I love this movie. It's a "spoof" movie about a group of actors (who the real actors are acting as) filming a vietnam war movie, who then get thrust into a real life struggle in the jungles of South-East asia. Only they don't know that it isn't a part of the movie.

Robert Downey Jr is absolutely outstanding in this movie, as a white method actor who's role in the 'movie' is an African-American soldier. The only word to describe his performance is outstanding.

Ben Stiller, Jack Black & the other supporting actors are amazing as well. The movie is funny, start to finish, and I really recommend this movie to anyone that hasn't seen it.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

sphynxx Posted: 20:56 Oct29 2010 Post ID: 2921444
sphynxx
+
dnextreme88 said:Resident Evil Afterlife

Dude, since symphony pointed it out that people aren't really giving their thoughts on movies, I'm going to have to ask you to edit your post & give your thoughts on the movie. Something more than just "I liked it".

Otherwise, this thread will have little value other than essentially a spam thread. Not jumping down your throat, I'm guilty of it as well, but it's about time we got the thread on track.

Just check out Cats previous post. It contains a link to a site with info on the movie and his thoughts. That's the kind of post we should be looking at.

It's specifically stated in the OP, and by other mods & Smods that "one liners" aren't allowed. So please, try to add some thought to you're posts. Don't just post the movie name. This isn't Forum Games!

One lines/Movie name only posts will be deleted.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Oct 29th 2010 »

sphynxx Posted: 07:21 Oct31 2010 Post ID: 2922112
sphynxx
+
The Dreamers,

Synopsis;

Spoiler:
click to reveal

Not exactly a movie a lot of people will love. Personally, I found it to be a pretty good watch. I couldn't get my hands on a copy that had subtitles for the parts spoken in French, so some dialogue was lost.

The fact that there is also explicit nudity, both full frontal male and female was a bit of a shock not having seen this movie before. But it wasn't done in a... 'crass' way. But that is something to be expected from French cinema =P It had funny parts, it had thought provoking parts & some parts made me wonder wth was going on.

I'd recommend it to people over the age of 18, simply because of the graphic nudity, and to those that can appreciate a decent storyline, and movie that doesn't rely on flashy explosions and SFX to get the job done.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Oct 31st 2010 »

super craig Posted: 15:48 Nov02 2010 Post ID: 2923042
super craig
+
Alexzander said:Last movie i have seen was Ong Bak 3.

I'm just going to steal sphynxx post.

sphynxx said:
Dude, since symphony pointed it out that people aren't really giving their thoughts on movies, I'm going to have to ask you to edit your post & give your thoughts on the movie. Something more than just "I liked it".

Otherwise, this thread will have little value other than essentially a spam thread. Not jumping down your throat, I'm guilty of it as well, but it's about time we got the thread on track.

Just check out Cats previous post. It contains a link to a site with info on the movie and his thoughts. That's the kind of post we should be looking at.

It's specifically stated in the OP, and by other mods & Smods that "one liners" aren't allowed. So please, try to add some thought to you're posts. Don't just post the movie name. This isn't Forum Games!

One lines/Movie name only posts will be deleted.

sphynxx Posted: 03:27 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924277
sphynxx
+
Significant time given for dnextreme88 to edit their post; Not done; post deleted.

District 9.

Another outstandingly well made movie by New Zealands own Peter Jackson. Set in South Africa (thankfully - I'm sick of Doomsday/Alien invasions happening in America) 20 or so years after first contact with an Alien mothership, this movie chronicles in a mockumentary style manner the exploits of a worker trying to relocate the "prawns" (derogatory name for the aliens) and facing obstacles & such.

The main actor is simply outstanding. I remember reading somewhere Peter Jackson allowed the actor adlib just about every one of his lines. The feel of the movie is flawless. It does create a good emotional atmosphere as well as being pretty funny at times. Definitely somethign I recommend people to watch.

Symphony Posted: 12:24 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924520
Symphony
+
I really wasn't hoping to get strict with the one-liners, more so just trying to encourage people to put a little more thought into this. /hardtoplease

Paranormal Activity 2

In a nutshell, crazy stuff happens to a family's house soon after the introduction of a new son. The family begins to fear that it's because of something supernatural.

I didn't see the first, but this one's a prequel anyway, so I don't think I missed any really important details (other than this vague spoiler that probably doesn't even amount to anything).
Spoiler:
click to reveal

Personally, I was laughing my *** off through this entire movie. As were most other guys in the theater. Not because I thought it was pathetic, I just thought it was funny. I'm glad I was seeing it with a friend who worked there though, because it's not something I would've been happy with if I'd paid to see it.

« Last edited by Symphony on Nov 6th 2010 »
sphynxx Posted: 20:34 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924690
sphynxx
+
Hatershateme - . Read the post of mine that Super Craig quoted. 24 hours to edit your post with a link, and thoughts on the movie.

Symphony said:I really wasn't hoping to get strict with the one-liners, more so just trying to encourage people to put a little more thought into this. /hardtoplease

Only way to keep the thread "clean" is to get rid of any one liners. If people don't see them in the thread, they're less likely to think it's ok & actually post their thoughts on the movies. It's not so much about being "strict" but more about keeping things tidy.

V for Vendetta

Well, what to say about this movie. Hugo Weaving is outstanding. Although all his lines were dubbed over (because of the poor quality caused by the mask) he is able to give incredible emotion to his character, all through the use of his voice. Often at times I had to rewatch a scene to see if the film makers were playing tricks on me, because his voice gave such a weight to his character I was half convinced the mask had moved. Natalie Portman was outstanding in this as well. Great emotional range here. John Hurt, another notable performance from him.

Not really going to say much more, if you want the synopsis, click the link provided. I do however want to say that if you enjoy thoroughly well made movies; give this a watch if you haven't already. It's well worth the time spent.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Nov 6th 2010 »

Kairos Posted: 00:22 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2924759
Kairos
+
I just watched Tarzan. A good movie. Not my favourite Disney movie, and especially not my favourite movie, in general. But still. A good movie.

For those that don't know, it's about a boy whose parents were killed on an 'expedition' to some random island. A female gorilla comes across the boy, names him Tarzan, and he grows up with gorillas, become extremely agile and athletic. Later on, more humans come to the island, two of them to study the gorillas, one to do more deadly things, and Tarzan meets them.
Oh. And Phil Collins sings a lot (in the background, of course). And he's pretty amazing, in my opinion.

It's one of the many Disney movies that I grew up with.
Don't hate.

« Last edited by Kairos on Nov 7th 2010 »

^Thanks To Yogi_Bear^
Sir Julian, Eighth Of The Gemstone Order
Guild Wars 2 RP
dnextreme88 Posted: 02:08 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2924794
dnextreme88
hg
+
sphynxx said:
dnextreme88 said:Resident Evil Afterlife

Sorry 'bout that. I just recently watched Goldmember after such long years. Everytime I watch this, I always remember Dr. Evil putting his ring finger on his mouth. So funny.

EDIT: Edited for the purpose of putting up that linky.

« Last edited by dnextreme88 on Nov 7th 2010 »

Avy & Sig by: Craizen
PSN ID: N0t0r10us-Killah

But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.
sphynxx Posted: 20:45 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2925096
sphynxx
+
Hatershateme - time was given, post not edited, deleted. Please remember that thoughts on the movie you're posting are required.

Enemy at the Gates.

Base on the true story of Russian Sniper Vassili Zaitsev boosting the morale of the down trodden Russian Army after the brutally quick sweep across Europe & Russia by the German army.

Whilst I would have preferred this story to have been told using Russian actors, I can live with the fact that it's a predominantly English cast. The story is solid, the acting is solid & it's really well done.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Nov 7th 2010 »

Kairos Posted: 00:06 Nov11 2010 Post ID: 2925983
Kairos
+
Burn After Reading
A movie with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Frances McDormand, and John Malkovich.
It's a comedy movie.
I, personally, didn't think it was that great. There were a couple of parts that made me chuckle, but I never all-out laughed.
Basically, it's about two gym trainers who find a CD in the gym's locker room belonging to an ex-CIA agent. They think they're top secret files and attempt to sell them. Really, they're just the CIA agent's memoirs, so really aren't worth any money. In the movie, George Clooney has some significance, but he didn't advance the plot too much. He just hooked up with the starring female gym trainer, played by Frances McDormand. John M. plays the ex-CIA agent. Brad Pitt plays the starring male gym trainer.
But yeah, I'd only recommend someone watch this movie if they were bored and had no other movies to watch...

^Thanks To Yogi_Bear^
Sir Julian, Eighth Of The Gemstone Order
Guild Wars 2 RP
sphynxx Posted: 03:20 Nov11 2010 Post ID: 2926003
sphynxx
+
Going out on a limb here Kairos. But in the movie, do you know right away that the CD is what you said (not what they think) or are the viewers told at the end?

Curious, because I haven't seen the movie, but it seems like a peice of pretty significant info. For future reference; please read over the new Rules thread I've posted (It's pinned, top of the page) and the Spoilers section, we don't want people having their movies ruined by someone accidently revealing important peices about movies.

If it is indeed something you find out towards the end (making Pitts efforts seem wasted & pointless) then please edit your post & put in spoiler tags to hide that info; something like "but they really find out towards the end that [spoiler][/spoiler]" kind of thing.

If it isn't, ignore this post =D

« Last edited by sphynxx on Nov 11th 2010 »

Displaying Page 32 of 34
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close