Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Birth of Oblivion

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
tomsmiley18 Posted: 14:35 Jan28 2007 Post ID: 1324556
tomsmiley18
Post Likes: 0
+
Here is chapter four. I know it was a long wait but I have limited time on the computer and struggle to find time to type up the whole thing.

Chapter four: A selfish decision.

"Come on, we've got to get to sector twenty nine." The Monus train had been turned up to full speed, along with all the others. Every cleanser ocuppied train was now running at more or less one thousand miles per hour. "If we don't get there within a few minutes they're done for." There were five cleansers inside the moving train. Four lower ranked soldiers and a captain. One of the transmitors began to emit a worried voice.
"Unit twelve, get over to sector thirty three, platform six. It's urgent." The captain raised the device to his mouth.
"We can't sir, we're on our way to sector twenty nine, platform two. Get unti six on the job." He wiped some sweat from his forehead before recieving an answer.
"Unit six is currently busy, they're taking care of a situation is sector fifteen, platform five. You need to get over there." Right at that moment two dark forms smashed through the sides of the carriage. One of the soldiers suddenly shouted.
"Type fourteens. What are they..." Before he could finish the creature had stabbed him through his vulnerable unprotected chest, piercing his heart with ease. Another soldier rapidly drew his Dicer katana and brought the blade vertically downwards, slicing through the beast's arm. It's green blood spewed across the walls and the cleansers as they fought off the demons. While it screamed in pain the captain stuck his sword through it's gut and kicked it out of the window it had used to enter. But before the other could be stopped, three more came through the glass. They had been hiding on top of the carriage. The train Maas and Vygrey were inside ran alongside the assaulted carriage as it's passengers were being slaughtered. Vygrey grabbed his weapon and shouted.
"They're being murdered, we've got to do something."
"No!" Declined Maas. "At this speed we would only kill ourselves, and though it pains me to leave them to their fate, we have no choice." The medic looked at, and then the large angered man, before nodding in agreement.
"He's right, pyshics prevent you from even making it close to that cart."
"Screw pyhsics." Vygrey bellowed. The other medic then spoke up.
"We're nearly at the hospital. There's no point in trying to help them, you've got to help save this woman."
"But... but..." Vygrey stuttered. Before he could make a decision the train changed route and left the screams of the dying men far behind in the distance. Maas ran his hands through his hair and bit his lip. He hated leaving his compnions behind. Vygrey had become enraged. With full force, he through a punch at the end wall of the carriage and smashed a hole straight through. Nobody in the room spoke, until Vygrey looked at each of them and regained control over himself.
"Why didn't we even try to save them? We could have saved five lives back there. They didn't have to die. Why didn't we do anything?" Vygrey stared at each person directly in the eyes. "Answer me!" Only the soft rolling of the train's wheels could be heard. Maas and the two medics all kept their heads down, looking at the floor, ashamed of what they had done, or hadn't done. Maas did not answer Vygrey's question. He merely looked at the corpse of his mother on the stretcher and as if she could hear him, began to converse.
"You are my mother. But the lives of five men were lost in the process of trying to save your's. I hope you can hear me, because you have on hell of a debt to pay." Vygrey was stunned. How could he be hearing this? He moved over to Maas, grabbed the collar of his jacket and raised him two feet off the ground.
"You will not blame this on her! The medics standing next to you could easily have taken your mum to the hospital. It wasn't her fault, it was yours! If you hadn't been so afraid of losing your own life,those men could have lived on!" Vygrey held him by the neck with his left arm and slammed him back down onto the seat. Maas had no answer. He took his glasses that had fallen on the floor and put them back on, only to hide his eyes from the man that stood a yard away from him. Though Maas had to admit, he had been looking out for himself.
"I'm sorry." He pathetically whispered.
"What was that?" Vygrey growled.
I said that I'm sorry. I was just trying to survive, and because of that those men were slaughtered. But what's done is done, and our train could be attacked just as easily as their's was."
"I sincerly doubt that sir." Said one of the medics. "We're almost there. And the hospital has extremely high defences. So as you can see we are all pretty much safe." As the last word left his mouth, the Monus train slowed down to a stop outside the giant edifice. As Maas stepped out of the doors side by side, a transmitor started buzzing.
"I think it's yours." Pointed out Vygrey. But before he could answer the transmission his partner continued. "And by the way, what you said on the train was true. What's done is done. But keep one thing in mind, you're the one that has the debt to pay!" Maas looked at him and nodded, before answering the call.
"This is Maas, who is talking?"
"This is cleanser squad captain seventeen. Your immediate assistance is required now in sector fourty, platform five. Please respond."Maas exhaled deeply and listened to what Vygrey had to say.
"More people are in danger. Now, you can stay here, or you can come with me and try to save some lives. Your mum will be here when you get back. So what's it gonna be?" Maas had to make a decision, fast. After a few seconds of concentration he picked up his transmitor and began to speak into it.
"This is Maas responding, I will be there right away."
"Alright!" Shouted Vygrey, taking out his chained mace. "Let's go kick some demon ***." Maas looked at his partner and mustered half a jolly smile.
"You're really hyped up about this, aren't you?"
"To right I am." He laughed. "I haven't seen any decent action in months." Maas seemed to become miserable again.
" My mother has just died, and here you are laughing." Vygrey smacked him forcefully on the back, knocking him slightly forwards towards the sheer drop to the ground platform.
"Listen closely! There's always time for moping around." Vygrey began to swing his weapon around at his side. "But there's not often a time like this, when you can unleash your vengeance on every bloody demonic thing that moves!" He grabbed the spinning spiked ball in his iron hand and slammed it into the ground. "This my friend, is your payback time!" The speech had greatly invigorated Maas into a similar state. He unsheathed his Demonicus and help it out sideways, rubbing his fingers along the sharp edge, before sheathing it again and punching the air above his head.
"Yes!" He shouted. "Let's get them." Maas and Vygrey stepped back inside the train and fed the location into the monitor before speeding off.
"I've never seen you like this." Smiled Vygrey. "Is this gonna be permanent?"
"I doubt it. Should I try and calm down a little?"
"No, no!" Said Vygrey shaking his head. "This will help you while we're slaying those ugly things." The two cleansers prepared for a fight. While outside the window was a mixed noise of screams of pain. The shouts of agony from the humans, and the shrieks of anguish coming from the demons. The Monus train reached sector fourty in no time at all and opened as normal to let the two cleansers out.
"Where's the problem?" Said Maas into the transmitor.
"Floor seventy five, room two thousand, two hundred and ninty four." Was the reply. Vygrey quickly ran to the entrance carelessly. A tentacle appeared from nowhere from the right and stabbed him through the left arm, doing him no harm.
"Stupid creature." He spat, as he swung the ball over his head and into the protective skull of the demon. All that was heard was a loud crunch before it evaporated into nothing.
"Perhaps we should be a bit more cautious." Advised Maas.
"Nonsense." Vygrey contested. "There are people in danger up there, let's go." Maas hurried inside after him and ran into the lift Vygrey had already entered. Green blood was splattered all over the sides, but there was no sign of human injury.
"Look's like there was a fight in here." Said Maas.
"Yeah." Grunted Vygrey. "I wish I could have been here."
"Your time will come." Maas answered as the elevator doors opened. Before them lay the deceased human body that they presumed had won in the lift. The three slashes across his face and torso gave the cleansers the impression that a type fourteen was nearby. The sound of a door being broken down came from one of the apartments. It was room two thousand two hundred and ninty four.
"We've got to get in there!" Exclaimed Vygrey
"Let's go then."
Both of them prepared their weapons before Vygrey kicked the steel door out of the way and they each charged in.

Please remember to comment people.
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
SUPERMAN5 Posted: 15:16 Jan29 2007 Post ID: 1326268
SUPERMAN5
+
wow, i'm impressed.
Vincent Chaos Posted: 15:29 Jan29 2007 Post ID: 1326314
Vincent Chaos
+
Nice Cliffhanger, keep up the good work Tom!

BlackNinja Posted: 15:48 Jan29 2007 Post ID: 1326353
BlackNinja
Forum GuestMember
+
I admire the perseverance of those who have read the entire chapters. However, I am too lazy to read something that isn't paragraphed correctly.

Scrolling through this, however, I found about twenty typos without actually reading it. MS Word has a spellchecker, does it not?
tomsmiley18 Posted: 07:28 Jan30 2007 Post ID: 1327389
tomsmiley18
+
Sorry the chapters might be a bit long. But my MS word isn't working so typos will be frecuent. I am also trying to work on the paragraphs, so expect the fic to improve.
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

Sotek Posted: 09:56 Jan30 2007 Post ID: 1327485
Sotek
+
Was the typo in that post deliberate? As for the chapter, I think it was pretty good, evidantly building up to something big! Keep up the good work!

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
tomsmiley18 Posted: 14:03 Jan30 2007 Post ID: 1327807
tomsmiley18
+
It may not turn out to be that big, I haven't written chapter five yet. But I have a rough idea of what's going to ocurre. Big things will be happening later on though. And yes, the typo in the word evidently was deliberate.
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

BlackNinja Posted: 16:35 Jan31 2007 Post ID: 1330504
BlackNinja
Forum GuestMember
+
On 30-Jan-2007 tomsmiley18 said:Sorry the chapters might be a bit long. But my MS word isn't working so typos will be frecuent. I am also trying to work on the paragraphs, so expect the fic to improve.
Try and break down your earlier chapters into paragraphs, then I'll read them.
Sotek Posted: 12:28 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1332080
Sotek
+
...The typo was "frecuent." You didn't even say evidently. And don't worry about chapter length, the length you have is fine. Even longer would be good too, and even a little shorter. Longer is better, IMO.

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
tomsmiley18 Posted: 12:23 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1343395
tomsmiley18
+
I know it took a while, but here�s the new chapter of Hellhunt. I�ve done my best to paragraph it properly and I�ve also tried not to make any mistakes. I also have a feeling you may enjoy this chapter. No reason why.

Chapter 5: Actions with consequences.

The sound of the door as it collapsed was interrupted by an even louder noise. An explosion at the end of the hall had blown the bathroom apart. Water was spraying uncontrollably due to the now broken pipes. The walls had collapsed and a hole had appeared in the floor. The outer layer of the tower was made of steel. But on the inside, each wall was made of brick. From the ceiling above, rubble was beginning to fall. Running to see what had occurred, Maas and Vygrey realised they couldn?t pass.
?What the hell happened here?? Asked Vygrey, looking bewildered at his partner. Maas showed a similar state of astonishment.
?I have no idea. Nothing I?ve ever heard of has the power to do anything like this.? A large part of the ceiling fell to their feet, revealing to children looking through the now giant space above them. One boy, and one girl, of around nine and five years of age. Vygrey looked up at them.
?Are you both okay?? The girl smiled.
?Yes, I?m fine. But my brother is scared. Do you know what did this?? Vygrey looked at Maas and shrugged, before turning his attention back to the girl.
?No kid, we haven?t found out yet. But you could help us. Who lives here?? The boy, who had hidden his face, then spoke up.
?That?s our Granddad?s house. But we heard monsters go in, will he be alright?? Maas looked through the hole in the floor. From under a large piece of rubble some green clothing was showing. He nudged Vygrey softly and pointed down. Once he had seen what Maas had been trying to show him he sighed and faced the children to tell them the bad news.
?Well, how do I say this...? You?re granddad, he?s?? Before he could finish, a voice came from the kitchen. Followed by the squeaking of two wheels. An old man came out in a chair with a look of satisfaction on his face.
?Don?t worry children; granddaddy knows how to take care of himself. I?m sure your mother is more worried than you are. Go tell her I?m alright.?
?Okay then.? They both answered. And ran off. The old man then focused on the two cleansers and began to tut.
?I requested help five minutes ago. You call yourself helpful?? He turned the chair to face the right and went to where the window used to be. All that was there now was a giant hole looking out onto the dark city. ?You kids today are real efficient aren?t you.? He said sarcastically. Maas frowned at him and stepped forward.
?Look! You asked for help, we came. It?s not our fault you killed it already.?
?Shut up!? Said the man, Taking his cane and delivering a sharp blow to Maas� head. ?I shouldn?t have to defend myself. I?m a war hero for crying out loud.? Vygrey rolled his eyes and mouthed to Maas.
?Let?s go.? But before he could even turn around to leave something smacked him in the head.
?Don?t you roll your eyes at me.? The old man began to mumble. ?No respect for their elders these days.? Both of them knew that unless they stopped annoying him they would be stuck there for a long time.
?What?s your name then?? Asked Maas. The grandpa swerved back around to answer him.
?My name? My name is Pandyenium.? Vygrey squinted in confusion.
?What did you say? Pandum? Pandinum?
?No, you idiot!? He hit Vygrey on the head once again. ?Like this: Pan, dye, as in the verb, to die, and then nium. Like this: Nee-um. Pandyenium. Let?s see if you stupid little kids can pronounce that.?

Pandyenium was a ninety three year old man, born in 1986, that only looked about sixty. OCBTE had also allowed people to look younger by reconstructing dead structural cells. Life expectancy had also risen to around one hundred years of age.
Pandyenium was an old war hero. And had been fighting in the beginning phases of world war 3 after all nuclear weapons had been destroyed. Though he had only spent three years in the war, it had been enough to give him an uncaring attitude towards most other people. When the end of the war came, and each world leader signed the peace contract in 2010. A strange order was given out to the world. Every single weapon and explosive on the planet was disposed of. Anyone caught reproducing firearms would face a sentence in prison. This did not stop many people, including Pandyenium. After being captured, he was used as an example to the world of how serious the governments were about their policy. He was looked up for a total of forty five years. From 2012 up until the year 2057. He had seen more than a few people be jailed for the same reason, but not one person had spent as long as him behind bars. When he finally was released his personality had changed. From being a lover of freedom and protector of the weak, he had turned into a violent and carefree person. Though with a military discipline he managed to control his violence. Pandyenium had been hoping to continue fabricating and using weapons when he was let out. But only found all firearm factories demolished, along with his home in the small town of Ublask. What he found there on his return was a city half developed into what it is today. The whole area seemed to love and follow one man that had founded the city?s evolution, Oscurus. The man?s face was on billboards everywhere, offering people second lives and even extended youth. To Pandyenium, this sounded like a miracle at the grand old age of seventy one. So he went immediately and used OCBTE to supposedly ?Make him feel young again.?
Content with his new life, he bought a house on floor down from where his daughter, Milagra, had grown up and had children. These were the only three people he cared about on the Earth. In his own words, ?He couldn?t give a rat?s *** about Milagra�s husband, as long as he kept on giving the family money.? Later on, in 2066, he found himself burying his only daughter. Though he didn?t know she had existed until his release, he loved her deeply. As things turned out, he had seduced a woman during the war and made her pregnant before leaving during the night. It was not normal for a father to attend his daughter?s funeral; things should have been the other way around. But she was sixty six. On her deathbed she had asked all that were there not to use OCBTE on her. Milagra had never trusted it and wasn?t going to start then. Pandyenium was ninety years old at the time, and as he witnessed the death of his daughter he became more sarcastic and more violent towards everyone else. Any comments that displeased him or annoyed him would be returned with a sharp blow to the head with his cane. He also developed into the habit of calling ignorant and arrogant people slick. After all these events, Pandyenium had become what he is today: As slightly psychotic and sarcastic, violent old man that only had his now grown up granddaughter and great grandchildren. Due to OCBTE, Pandyenium�s appearance was that of a lesser aged man that what he really was. And though he could, he did not like to leave his wheel chair. Anyone that suggested he should walk would be answered with a cane smack to the cranium. For reasons of respect, Pandyenium always wore his army camouflage. In his mind, it made people remember he was a war hero. Though in reality he spent most of his three years at war in his own HQ womanizing the female staff.
On his head he had no hair left, not even a beard. And though no-one knew how, he somehow maintained a great figure. That night he had been peacefully making fun of ignorant HV stars over the hologramitor when he was attacked by two type nines.

?Listen, I know how to say your name.? Maas said. ?But what really interests me is how you managed to do this.? He then pointed out the destruction that lay around them.
?This? Oh, that?s simple you moron!? He reached round to a compartment attached to the wheel chair that was almost equal in size and withdrew a small egg shaped object. ?Grenades!? He exclaimed. The smile of satisfaction returned to his face.
?A what?? Asked Vygrey.
?A grenade you dumbass, here, take a look.? He threw the strange object over to Vygrey.
?What does it do?? He said curiously. Pandyenium grabbed his walking stack and raised it.
?Look around you. Now think for a couple of seconds. Got it yet? No? I�ll tell you then.? He said in a babyishly sarcastic voice, which he then amplified. ?It explodes, idiot!?
?Oh? Said Vygrey, before removing the pin. ?I wonder what this does.?
?You truly are an idiot!? Shouted Pandyenium, before quickly wheeling himself out into the hallway. Following his example, Maas ran out and so did Vygrey, leaving the grenade in the entranceway. It then exploded into pieces. Taking almost the entire apartment with it. Pandyenium stared in blind fury at Vygrey with his cane at the ready.
?I am really sorry.? He begged.
?I don?t care. You?ve destroyed my house. You?re really smart aren?t you slick.? He hammered a smack home on Vygrey�s head so hard he fell to the floor. After huddling into a ball and almost being reduced to tears, Pandyenium continued to deliver blow after blow to his head in anger. Maas did nothing, as he found it rather amusing. Once he had vented out his anger, Pandyenium wheeled himself backwards to allow Vygrey to stand. Maas then struggled not to laugh as his muscular friend raised himself from the ground, battered and bruised by an old man.
?I bet you don?t feel so tough anymore, do you?? He said to his partner. Vygrey said nothing and simply marched towards the elevator. ?I guess we?re leaving then.? He explained, turning his attention to Pandyenium. ?Good bye, and sorry about the house.? Maas turned to follow Vygrey, only to hear the sound of squeaking wheels close behind him. He looked around to see the old man at the same distance he had been before. ?What? You?re not coming with us.?
?Yes I am. You are both going to pay for what has happened to my house. If not, I�ll sue the pants off you.?
?We are not paying; you destroyed half of it after all.? Pandyenium rapidly smacked Maas round the head, imitating him.
?We are not paying. You are paying.? He pointed in Vygrey�s direction. ?Slick here brought my house down.
?Fine? Vygrey shouted in anger. ?But can?t you just stay upstairs with your family??
?Like hell I can. There are two massive holes in the floor. And that?s another cane blow I owe you now.? Maas looked at Vygrey and shrugged before answering Pandyenium.
?You might as well join us then. At least you won?t be completely useless with those things you have there.? Vygrey sighed in frustration and entered the elevator at the end of the hall.
?That?s what I thought.? Said Pandyenium, before following Maas as he walked towards his friend.

That�s this chapter over. Hope you enjoyed it. And please, remember to comment.
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

Pandaemonium Posted: 12:28 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1343407
Pandaemonium
+
I only read this because I'm in it. Seems to be an improvement, but that doesn't really surprise me.
Sotek Posted: 13:13 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1343490
Sotek
+
That was... funny. Now, please excuse me while I try to stop laughing. *Insert maniacal laughing here*

hehehe...

Okay, I'm done. Good chapter, and yes, I'm sure Pan will be just like that in his old age. Good work on the paragraphing too.

tomsmiley18 Posted: 14:06 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1343594
tomsmiley18
+
On 05-Feb-2007 Pandaemonium said:I only read this because I'm in it. Seems to be an improvement, but that doesn't really surprise me.
Nice to hear you have such a high interest in my fic.
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

tomsmiley18 Posted: 14:07 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1343597
tomsmiley18
+
On 05-Feb-2007 Sotek said:That was... funny. Now, please excuse me while I try to stop laughing. *Insert maniacal laughing here*

hehehe...

Okay, I'm done. Good chapter, and yes, I'm sure Pan will be just like that in his old age. Good work on the paragraphing too.
Who said I put Pan in it. You people are all dilusional. (Whistles suspiciously)
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

SUPERMAN5 Posted: 18:44 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1344562
SUPERMAN5
+
hmm, It's a nice chapter.
tomsmiley18 Posted: 01:26 Feb06 2007 Post ID: 1345280
tomsmiley18
+
Thanks. But what I'm really interested in is how I can improve it.
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

SUPERMAN5 Posted: 09:22 Feb06 2007 Post ID: 1345659
SUPERMAN5
+
well, I think it's fine.
[don't want to break the rules just in case]
Zelda_Fan Posted: 03:29 Feb12 2007 Post ID: 1361739
Zelda_Fan
+
I agree with you

JOIN TEAM WII!!! - CLICK HERE. - I made it my self Thumbs Up (But don't let that put you off)

Click here for my friend codes
tomsmiley18 Posted: 12:13 Feb12 2007 Post ID: 1362165
tomsmiley18
+
For all of my beloved (and not so beloved) fans that have been anticipating the new chapter. Here it is. Enjoy!

Chapter 6: The bringer of Chaos.

Maas, Vygrey and Pandyenium stepped out into the bone chillingly dark night of Ublask. A monus train waited before them. Maas faced Vygrey and pointed it out.
?We should check its safe first. You saw how there were type fourteens hidden on the other one.?
?You?re right.? Vygrey answered.? He walked over to the carriage and crouched down to look under it. ?There?s nothing here.? He then proceeded by climbing onto the roof. ?Nothing here either. It?s safe,? As Maas went to enter the train he heard Pandyenium�s voice behind him.
?It?s too cold out here. You two will wait while I go back inside and get my jacket.?
?Will we now?? Remarked Vygrey from on top of the train. Pandyenium simply looked at him and turned to go back into the building. Once he was inside, Vygrey turned to Maas.
?Do you think we should leave?? He asked.
?Though he may prove useful to us, he does seem to be quite a liability in his own way.?
?Yeah.? Vygrey agreed. ?And I can?t take any more head smacks.?
?So we should just get going then!? Maas looked at the sector door to make sure Pandyenium wasn?t there, and entered the Monus train, As Vygrey lowered himself from above the carriage something heavy knocked him out off balance and onto the floor. Maas rapidly ran back out of the train.
?What the hell is that??

Pandyenium waited in the lift as it ascended back up to his floor. A few minutes later the doors opened. It seemed many were worried or startled either from the explosion or the sudden outbreak of creatures. As he wheeled himself back into his apartment, the sight of a young woman caught his attention.
?What are you doing here?? The woman turned around and saw Pandyenium sitting in the wheelchair before her.
?Oh, you?re okay! I got so worried. Where were you?? He exhaled deeply and took her hand in his own.
?Lauraneva, you are my only granddaughter, so I am forcing you to understand this. I am leaving for a while. Did the children tell you about the two men that came in? If so, then I feel you should know that they are waiting for me on the ground platform.? After telling her this he began to cough. He was finding it harder and harder to continue for speaking for very long as his age grew. Lauraneva looked at him, startled, before trying to take control of the situation.
?You are ninety-three years old. You?re in no state to go out while we?re under attack. You should be at home, hiding, like the rest of us.? Pandyenium sighed. He had to make her see things from his point of view. He was always right, how could he ever be wrong?
?Those two destroyed my house. I can?t just let them walk away. And this city is huge, if they were to leave now I would never find them again. How would I be able to sue them for everything they?ve got if I don?t know where about they are? Anyway? seeing as we?re under attack, shouldn?t you be at the hospital curing people?? The woman looked at the floor and spoke quietly.
?I was scared. When I heard about the creatures I was too scared to even look out the window. And then the screams came. It?s too much for me. I can?t let you go out there.? Pandyenium grabbed her by the arm and pulled her close to his face.
?I?m going whether you want me to or not.? He said. ?Now help my find my army jacket or leave me in peace woman!? A tear fell from Lauraneva�s glassy eye.
?If you go, then I?m coming with you,? Pandyenium looked at his granddaughter and shut his eyes in aggravation.
?I said I?m going, but you have to stay here with the children. You can?t come.?
?I can get a friend to look after the children, but someone needs to look after you, and I feel it is my duty to do that. You can?t stop me.? She took his jacket from a perch and handed it to him.
?You?ve grown strong.? Pandyenium said to Lauraneva. ?And though I love you, I have to let you make your own decisions. I accept your company.? As she reached for her transmitter, Pandyenium wheeled himself towards the door. ?Will it be safe for this friend you are calling to get here? I don?t care if he or she dies. I just don?t want my two great grandchildren left alone.?
?She only lives upstairs.? Said Lauraneva. ?Okay, be quite now, the transmitter is ready.? She put her mouth to the speaker. ?Morga, I?m going to be leaving for a while with grandpa. Could you come and look after the kids?? Pandyenium waited for Lauraneva in the entranceway, but there was no answer over the transmitter.
?Is she still there? Because if she is, tell her to hurry up.? The speaker began to cackle, a kindly voice then came from the small device.
?Of course I can. And don?t worry about waiting; I?ll be over right away.?
?Thank you so much. We don?t know how long we will be gone. Do you mind??
?Not at all. I love being with the kids. You two go off and enjoy yourselves.?
?I?m sure we will.? Lauraneva answered. Pandyenium shot her a confused look.
?Does that daft old bat even know there are beasts invading right now?? He asked.
?Probably not, she doesn?t even remember my name from time to time, let alone her own. But she will be fine with the kids.?
?Alright then.? Said Pandyenium as he left the room. ?Are you ready now? Let?s go!?

Maas drew his blade and prepared to attack. While Vygrey lay on the ground, groaning in pain, before raising himself from the floor and readying his weapon.
A giant beast had knocked Vygrey from the roof of the Monus train. It clearly had the features of a common demonic being, but neither Maas nor his companion could identify it.
?What kind of a type is that?? Gasped Vygrey. For a huge man, his voice sounded somewhat fearful.
What stood before them was a large dragon like creature. Jet black skin that shone with the aspect of impenetrable armour. The only part of its body that wasn?t black was its eyes. They were dark purple, something that distinguished this creature from the other beings with their blazing red pupils. Its powerful clawed feet had almost demolished completely the train where it had landed. Everything on it seemed to be pure muscle. On its head were two twisted horns, and along with that, the entire spinal side of the beast was covered in protective spikes. Two huge wings spread outwards from its back, each one more powerful than anything Maas or Vygrey could imagine. From their point of view, it was a hellish being that looked like a mix between a dragon and their image of the devil itself. From every part of the creature, scalding heat was emitted that made them both sweat as they stood before the magnificent being. It then opened its sharp toothed mouth to reveal a long, forked tongue, and what seemed to be, a burning furnace of black flame living inside it.
?I am Dralik-tuhr.? Its voice was deep and supremely powerful. More of a roar than a mere emitted sound wave. Its voice was almost regal. ?My master has sent me to warn you. All that resist are being slaughtered as I speak. They were also warned. And those that continued fighting were greeted rapidly by death. Stop resisting now! And I shall not kill you on the spot.
Vygrey trembled before its piercing gaze as it deducted his force and worthiness as an opponent. He knew that against this creature he wouldn?t stand a chance. Maas still had his hand on his Demonicus. But he was no longer ready to attack. His arms hung at his sides, along with his weapon. Dralik-tuhr�s speech had affected them. Not even the slightest answer came from either of their mouths. The beast roared loudly, and then, for a few seconds, laughed deeply.
?I take it you are giving up then. Go home! And you and your families will be some of the last to die during our invasion.? Hearing these words, Vygrey woke up from the spell of fear he had been under.
?I would never fall to the likes of you.? He bellowed. Maas looked at him and held his katana high once again.
?If you think we are giving up, then you are wrong. We won?t let you, creatures, kill any more.? The slitted eyes of Dralik-tuhr widened.
?You two are the first to resist. I shall enjoy ripping the flesh from your bones.? With a great impulse from the force of his wings, the creature lunged forwards at the two cleansers. Maas quickly rolled out of harm?s way, but Vygrey stayed put, swinging his mace around.
?What are you doing? Get out of its way!? Vygrey did not answer, but waited until Dralik-tuhr was close and let loose his weapon. The spiked ball smacked its opponent in the face, not doing it any harm, but forcing it to stop in its path. The dragon being landed powerfully on the ground where he had been stricken and glared at Vygrey before laughing, more so than previously.
?Ha! A mere scratch. If you believe that your futile resistance is going to prevent me from achieving my goal then you are sincerely mistaken.? He began to bat his wings and flew upwards at a slow speed. As he rose higher his velocity did the same, and soon he had flown out of the city?s radius and into the clouds.
Maas took a look at Vygrey in awe.
?First you let some old man beat you, and then you stop that thing. If it wasn?t for the fact you almost cried in Pandyenium�s house I would be quite impressed.? Vygrey smiled triumphantly at Maas and began to rap the ball?s chain back around his arm.
?That thing is scared of me and we both know it. He?s gone now, and I don?t think we?ll be seeing that much more of him from now on.?
?Maybe?? Maas answered, ?But I?m not so sure. I?m pretty sure he knows that he?s more powerful than you.
As he said that, steel and iron began to rain down from above. Both of them looked upwards in horror to see Dralik-tuhr crashing through the higher platforms, plunging downwards, headfirst at high speed. Before either of them could react. It had clasped them in its claws. As the creature kept descending, Monus lines and lower platforms were being destroyed around them. Maas took one look at Vygrey as they fell to see him lying motionless in Dralik-tuhr�s clutch. He then looked at the beast?s face, and saw pride, satisfaction and glee in its emotions. An unbearable pain made him scream aloud. A large piece of metal was stuck in his arm. He grabbed it, ready to rip it out, but before he could, something heavy struck him in the head, and the world turned black.

Thanks for reading this chapter. As usual, I would be happy if you commented. Even better if you have any storyline speculations.
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

SUPERMAN5 Posted: 19:45 Feb19 2007 Post ID: 1382404
SUPERMAN5
+
WOW! It's awesome. @_@
Displaying Page 2 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close