Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The end of the Earth

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 7 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous
Fwank Posted: 16:31 Jan07 2008 Post ID: 2069215
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
You're probably going to have to refer us to the bible verses you speak of rather than convey your own personal interpretation of the bible, gamePat.

Wars/famine/disease/earthquakes? Those have been happening even before history, and more devastating than our current condition. Need I remind you that we're living in the digital age of unlimited information; we're capable of knowing what happened on the other side of the globe with the click of the mouse. They were always around, and I suspect always will be: considering half of those things are man-made and the other half is a natural process of life.

And the rest... *sigh*

Here's the thing; your life was bad, you found religion, and you changed your life around (thats a good thing), but now you want us - who've lead good lives for quite some time, who found our lives to be fulfilling and are content with our current situation - to believe in something that worked for you...

Despite your intentions, you can't ignore the fact that you're trying to sell a medicine that isn't prescribed to others.

If you truly want to spread the word of God, what you should probably try to do is find out how the Lords voice applies to people of different cultures and circumstances; not everybody finds the western interpretation of the good book to be satisfying, and you can't possibly expect to have the universal truth written in man's language that's only been around for a couple of hundred years.

I respect what you went through and admire your intentions (what are they anyway? Save the world or getting on God's good side so you go to heaven?) but it is because I do that I implore you to think before you... well, spread the word.

(in a nutshell: even if you're spreading the universal truth, it must be applicable to everybody - not just to yourself - try to remember that next time and realize the truth needs decorating too)

Meh, and whoever you're learning your stuff from, you need better teachers.

edit: fixed some missing words in my first sentence @@"

« Last edited by Fwank on Jan 7th 2008 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Shadow_Lord Posted: 08:01 Jan08 2008 Post ID: 2070437
Shadow_Lord
Post Likes: 0
+
On 24-Dec-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:Well it depends on how much we can destroy of the Earth with our nuclear weapons. If we destroy say around half of it, the lack of something to cover our core won't really help out much.
Nuclear weapons can't do that much damage to the Earth itself. For one thing, you seem to be underestimating just how big the Earth is. For another, most of the damage from nuclear weapons isn't in the explosion - it's in the radiation from the explosion and the dust thrown into the air by the explosion, which although lethal to life in many ways, does very little damage to the Earth itself. Fact is, all man-made weapons around today, together, couldn't even destroy the surface layer of the Earth - which is a mere fraction in depth of the other layers. If they were concentrated all in one place, then maybe they could create a bore down to the mantle. But that wouldn't destroy the Earth. Not least because we already have several such bores completely naturally - they're called volcanoes.

In conclusion, therefore, while we could easily destroy all life on Earth, there's a very small chance we could destroy the Earth itself.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:19 Jan08 2008 Post ID: 2070518
ShadowsTM
+
To clear confusion before I post, this is jord-t on my new account.

Anyway I've read a lot of these posts and mostly people are thinking we will destroy life ourselves, the future doesn't look to promising.

Jordan

cheating-is-good Posted: 11:18 Jan08 2008 Post ID: 2070566
cheating-is-go
od
+
No it doesn't, either way the world is gonna end.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
cheating-is-good Posted: 11:26 Jan08 2008 Post ID: 2070570
cheating-is-go
od
+
On 07-Jan-2008 gamePat said:we are in the end times according to Jesus as He stated in Matthew 24 & 25. His disciples asked Him, what will be a sign of the end and Your 2nd coming? He replied,"wars,& rumors of wars,& famine,&disease,& earthquakes in strange places." You can read about all these things in the newspaper every day. As a member of the evangelical community I encourage every one to make sure of your eternal life. there are only two choices Heaven & hell. He is real, He is coming again. When you read this & then in the future millions of people dissapear off the face of the earth, remember what gamePat said. He is real, the rapture is real, the devil is a liar and he blinds people from the truth. seek God before it's too late. I respectfully ask the moderators to leave this post for all to read. the voice you silence is not mine, but the voice of the Lord.
please don't start posting everywhere about the love for your lord, it'll get annoying. Like Fwank said, your medicine isn't prescribed for everyone. i used to believe in the lord, but that soon stopped. No matter how much I cried, or prayed he didn't do anything to help me, so i forgot about him, and got on with my life.

if I had the choice, I honestly can't say that I'd want to go to heaven.

the world will end, and religion probably won't have much to do with it.
Catharsis Posted: 15:32 Jan08 2008 Post ID: 2070855
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
On 07-Jan-2008 gamePat said:we are in the end times according to Jesus as He stated in Matthew 24 & 25. His disciples asked Him, what will be a sign of the end and Your 2nd coming? He replied,"wars,& rumors of wars,& famine,&disease,& earthquakes in strange places." You can read about all these things in the newspaper every day. As a member of the evangelical community I encourage every one to make sure of your eternal life. there are only two choices Heaven & hell. He is real, He is coming again. When you read this & then in the future millions of people dissapear off the face of the earth, remember what gamePat said. He is real, the rapture is real, the devil is a liar and he blinds people from the truth. seek God before it's too late. I respectfully ask the moderators to leave this post for all to read. the voice you silence is not mine, but the voice of the Lord.
That's odd, I haven't read about an earthquake in a strange place in the newspaper... ever, actually.

As for war, rumours of wars, famine and disease, they've all been going on for a long time. Sorry, but even if I believed in God, I wouldn't agree that we were in the end times.

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
cheating-is-good Posted: 17:28 Jan08 2008 Post ID: 2071118
cheating-is-go
od
+
Me neither.

They have been going on for as long as we've walked the earth, and will continue to go on, till we are all gone. Man's greed will lead us to kill ourselves.
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 13:04 Jan09 2008 Post ID: 2072142
Kenny 2x4
+
On 08-Jan-2008 Catharsis said:That's odd, I haven't read about an earthquake in a strange place in the newspaper... ever, actually.

As for war, rumours of wars, famine and disease, they've all been going on for a long time. Sorry, but even if I believed in God, I wouldn't agree that we were in the end times.
Too right there. It happens every day now and it's in essence enevitable in a way that these things will happen: war, famine, disease and earthquakes due to tectonic movement.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
Shadow_Lord Posted: 12:03 Jan10 2008 Post ID: 2073308
Shadow_Lord
+
On 09-Jan-2008 Aggron306 said:I believe the earth will end in an UPRISING.
Please give me about 4 hours to support this.My computer is going really slow and we are going to fix it up.
You've had way more than 4 hours. Deleted. You can re-post that opinion, if you want, but provide back-up immediately. Or just don't post at all. Simple as that.
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
cheating-is-good Posted: 08:19 Jan14 2008 Post ID: 2078997
cheating-is-go
od
+
Maybe we'll all die when we try to move to other planets, and forget about earth.
ShadowsTM Posted: 13:54 Jan15 2008 Post ID: 2080560
ShadowsTM
+
Yes, thats an interesting point, people are always being enthusiastic about living on other planets.

Jordan

Shadow_Lord Posted: 02:54 Jan17 2008 Post ID: 2082319
Shadow_Lord
+
On 14-Jan-2008 cheating-is-good said:Maybe we'll all die when we try to move to other planets, and forget about earth.
Why would we all die? It's not like we'd go on some mass exodus or anything. Not unless we were all about to die anyway.
[center]

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 06:53 Jan19 2008 Post ID: 2084493
Kenny 2x4
+
Well as if that doesn't happen anyways eh?
I still say we will probably be the end of the Earth eventually.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
ShadowsTM Posted: 14:20 Jan21 2008 Post ID: 2087539
ShadowsTM
+
Yes i pretty much agree, it will be humans to end it.

Jordan

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 16:27 Jan22 2008 Post ID: 2088604
Kenny 2x4
+
If not then (this is like the only other theory I know of) the Sun becomes a Red Giant and we are effectively vaporised by it.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
Displaying Page 7 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close