Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The end of the Earth

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
PhilXZ Posted: 15:48 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2027277
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
Post Likes: 0
+
hahahahahahaahahahahahahaha. NO. the world will end when God wants it to end. Kapish?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:59 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2027307
Kenny 2x4
+
Oooook....Provided there is a God that is.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
super craig Posted: 16:23 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2027373
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 11-Dec-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:Until then we're mulling about global warming...lol
Once that sun's expansion has reached it's limits it will go through the "super nova" stage and scientists say a black hole will be formed which in some ways makes sense.
I'm not too sure on this, but when ever there is an explosion of some kind in space there's like this "relapse" or something where after the explosion it all comes back together or something like a crunch because there's nothing in space to be a friction force apart from the gravitational forces of planets.
I don't think that our sun has a large enough mass to become a black hole, more than likely it will become a white dwarf. Personally I believe that it will end when the Sun expands because it seems logical and to be honest fairly certain, whether any life will be there to witness it is another matter..

Just remindered me, theres a program on Channel 4 (UK) following a group of Christians that believe that the world will end very shortly and so they've got a film crew following them. My infomation is sketchy at best but they believe it says so in the Bible. It will be interesting to see if it is down to God if there is one.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

cheating-is-good Posted: 20:25 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2027940
cheating-is-go
od
+
Phil, Kenny's right.

If the world exploded I'd want see blue, and green flames.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 20:59 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2027967
Flareon Dude_
+
On 11-Dec-2007 super craig said:I don't think that our sun has a large enough mass to become a black hole, more than likely it will become a white dwarf. Personally I believe that it will end when the Sun expands because it seems logical and to be honest fairly certain, whether any life will be there to witness it is another matter..

Just remindered me, theres a program on Channel 4 (UK) following a group of Christians that believe that the world will end very shortly and so they've got a film crew following them. My infomation is sketchy at best but they believe it says so in the Bible. It will be interesting to see if it is down to God if there is one.
well, chances are they misinterpereted the Bible, as many do nawadays.

It is actually a highly accpeted fact in the scientific community that the once the Sun expands, it will become hot enough to, well, basically vaporize the first 3 planets, meaning us.

Also, as for the white dwark, yet another accepted scientific community fact.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
cheating-is-good Posted: 22:22 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2028003
cheating-is-go
od
+
Vaporized, well that happens, then..I don't know. Oh yes alot of people misinterpret the bible.
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 23:11 Dec11 2007 Post ID: 2028022
darkraiarceus9
+
wow where all so optimistic well global warmings speed is being increased because of everyday gases and smoke and toxic chemicals so it may be sooner than we think :( nice way to put it

super craig Posted: 08:48 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2028157
super craig
+
On 11-Dec-2007 Flareon Dude_ said:well, chances are they misinterpereted the Bible, as many do nawadays.

It is actually a highly accpeted fact in the scientific community that the once the Sun expands, it will become hot enough to, well, basically vaporize the first 3 planets, meaning us.

Also, as for the white dwark, yet another accepted scientific community fact.
Too true, turns out they thought it would end on October 21 this year, so looks like thats one thing out of the window.

When you think about it theres not many ways that the Earth would be completely destroyed, I was thinking what if a big meteor struck but even then it wouldn't really damage the Earth unless it was absolutely massive.

jord-t Posted: 09:21 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2028164
jord-t
+
These are all very good posts

and some very good theorys

cheating-is-good Posted: 10:34 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2028207
cheating-is-go
od
+
To who ever deleted my other post, I did not double post. One was quoted, the other wasn't. Therefore it did not count as double posting.

To super Craig, they say that a meteor could wipe out the earth, but it's like you said. It'd have to be massive. I think we'll end up killing ourselves though.
jord-t Posted: 14:43 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2028471
jord-t
+
Yes thats most likely were already doing it

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:03 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2028506
Kenny 2x4
+
On 12-Dec-2007 super craig said:Too true, turns out they thought it would end on October 21 this year, so looks like thats one thing out of the window.

When you think about it theres not many ways that the Earth would be completely destroyed, I was thinking what if a big meteor struck but even then it wouldn't really damage the Earth unless it was absolutely massive.
Well either that: it being massive or it had an incredible velocity to survive the Earth's atmosphere since anything that enters it "burns" up.
In any case nothing is "destroyed", just changed. Sorry had to put that in. lol
The only thing I can think of that can really "destroy" our planet Earth is some sort of collision with like Jupiter or something or a black hole with a high enough gravitational force to suck the planet in and crush it.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
super craig Posted: 18:56 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2029022
super craig
+
Did you hear about that machine that could potentially destroy the planet, a new particle accelerator thats been built somewhere which could in theory create a black hole that could then grow and destroy the planet.

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 19:31 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2029042
darkraiarceus9
+
uh... no but if it`s real what if a terrorist got his hands on it?

super craig Posted: 19:39 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2029053
super craig
+
On 12-Dec-2007 darkraiarceus911 said:uh... no but if it`s real what if a terrorist got his hands on it?
Then we'd be buggered, apprently though the chances of it creating even a small black hole is virtually impossible for all sorts of complicated physics reasons I don't know enough about to talk on, so I'd say we have nothing to worry about.

Hi Mom Posted: 19:42 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2029058
Hi Mom
+
Oh man... then we're dead...

Anyways, ya, when the sun expands, earth is gone, but that's not so say we humans won't be wiped out before then...

Thanks for the sig, ozzo

http://teams.supercheats.co...gcrazies
Join team Animal Crossing Crazies
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 19:43 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2029061
darkraiarceus9
+
true and about God causing the earth to end I think he will cause it to end by using science in other words he will use one of the theory's that scientists have come up with

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 21:00 Dec12 2007 Post ID: 2029157
Flareon Dude_
+
On 12-Dec-2007 super craig said:Did you hear about that machine that could potentially destroy the planet, a new particle accelerator thats been built somewhere which could in theory create a black hole that could then grow and destroy the planet.
physically impossible. Just ask either an astronomist or a physicist.

Anywho......big meteor.......

Yeah, according to Newton, an object in motion will remain in motion until acted upon by an outside force, so unless the said meteor was really whizzing through space without collison factor, then it's a pretty slim-to-none chance of Earth being 'destroyed' by a meteor, Craig.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
Cataclysm Posted: 07:28 Dec13 2007 Post ID: 2029339
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Well, if we look at the Earth and the stages it has been through, then you will see that the time of mammals dominating the world is still just beginning.

Reptiles lived for a rough 200 million years beofre being wiped out by the asteroide that struck the gulf of Mexico, and so far this era has been extremely short. If world history is anything to go bye, then we still have at least a couple of million years left until our race is wiped out, a new age begins and a new species takes our place.

As far as the entire planet ending, I agree that we have an uncalculated amount of time remaining. The most probable way of all life on our planet ending is the sun imploding, seeing as stars die out every few seconds. The sun will have to end one day or another, and even if it does end soon, it has been confirmed that light would continue reaching Earth for a further four years, giving us at least a little time to prepare ourselves.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 12:35 Dec13 2007 Post ID: 2029744
Kenny 2x4
+
On 12-Dec-2007 super craig said:Then we'd be buggered, apprently though the chances of it creating even a small black hole is virtually impossible for all sorts of complicated physics reasons I don't know enough about to talk on, so I'd say we have nothing to worry about.
it's to do with the machine being able to generate enough power to create one with enough of a gravitational field.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close