Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Gears of Destiny

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Cataclysm Posted: 12:43 Sep17 2007 Post ID: 1918264
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Double post, made okay by me. I'm tired of waiting for a bump, and this has been proof-read over three times now.

Oh, and warning; This includes a scene of sickening mutilation that is just plain wrong.

Chapter 8: Battle's Horrors

Watching in horror from the doorway, Failen screamed as she watched Valk march slowly over to Captain Spinal, who now stood at least four feet taller than Valk and had increased significantly his own power. Hearing her shouts, the two children who had previously been sleeping peacefully ran to her side, only stopping when their mother held them back.
?Don?t worry about a thing,? Valk called back, failing at sounding convincing. ?I?ve fought worse than this.?
Residents of other huts had also emerged from their terraced homes to see what all the commotion was about. Observing the scene, many began to show their support for both combatants, but none dared to aid either of them.
?So Valk, please explain to me. What drove you to fight back against The Order? You used to be so faithful. What made you disrespect our wishes all of a sudden?? Spinal asked calmly as he paced himself over to his opponent, still smirking. Valk spat at his feet and prepared his blade.
?Those wishes never included my own suffering, simply because of a pathetic prophecy made by a frozen woman. Surely even you?re not thick enough to believe her rubbish.?
?As I said before, I don?t. But The Order is no longer under my control, and therefore, I don?t make the decisions.?
?So you?re being used??
?Not used. I am merely a face for our new Master,? Spinal explained openly, whispers immediately running through the few dozen men and women that were watching from their huts. ?If he was to try and take control he would surely be rejected by the people.?
At that moment, a fierce tremor thundered through the earth and knocked everyone on the scene off balance. Few fell over, but Valk and Spinal remained standing. Ignoring it as a slight quake on the surface, Valk looked Spinal in the eye.
?And who might this new leader be??
?Classified information I?m afraid Valk. I can?t just throw information like that around.?
?Then we might as well just start what we?re both here for.? Valk said as he moved into a defensive position. Spinal immediately charged straight at him and swung an enormous fist at his undefended face. Anticipating the attack, Valk rolled out of harms way and slashed one at The Captain?s left leg. Although big, Spinal had lost none of his agility and simply raised his leg as the blade swept under his foot. As he did so, he swung his fist around once again, this time connecting with Valk?s chest and knocking him to his feet.
?No Valk, get up!? Failen shrieked as the two children stood at her side crying, still trying to get past and aid their father. Valk leaned on his elbow and coughed, the wind in his chest completely thumped out and watched as portion of blood left his lips and splattered onto the floor. Before he could react to the previous blow, he felt Spinal?s foot crash into his stomach and knock him rolling across the floor of stone. When he finally stopped, he was at the feet of a young man who was looking down at him sympathetically. Seeing that Valk quite simply did not have the strength to get back up, he offered him his hand and raised him back onto his feet. As Valk muttered his thanks, Spinal arrived and lunged forwards with his arm. Valk raised his own in an act of hopeless defence, only to find that nothing had struck him. Once he had lowered his arms, he saw the pummelled body of the one who had helped him a few feet away. The Captain was facing away from him and bellowing at the spectators.
?Know this, all of you! This man is a rebel of The Order, and should be treated as such. Anyone who shows him even a slight act of kindness will be executed, without the Life Curse placed and without question.?
As he shouted, Valk looked around for his sword. It had fallen from his grasp only a short distance away, but was in Spinal?s sights, and therefore was unreachable. It wouldn?t be long until The Captain turned his attention on him once again, so looking around he searched for any form of weapon he could use.
Without any other option, he faced Spinal?s back and raised his hand. From his palm leapt a jolt of violet energy headed straight for The Captain, but was deflected once it had reached a metres distance away from its target. Spinal then turned back around, smiling like he had been before.
?So, you?ve tried to penetrate my barrier Valk. A feeble attempt at best,? he muttered. ?I expected more from one of my best Enforcers.? He continued. Without hesitation, he charged at Valk once again with his shoulder lowered. Panting from the earlier attacks, Valk stumbled out of the way and narrowly avoided the powered ram, but was unprepared for the sudden blow that was delivered to the back of his head. As he fell to the ground he heard the faint screams of despair of his family until his head connected with the ground and caused all to fade away.

Though numbed, there was certainly more screaming somewhere. It was unbearable. The fierce pain running through his body was too great to withstand the sound that surrounded him. Immediately Valk opened his eyes and slammed his fist into the ground. As he did so, he noticed something strangely different about his surroundings. He was still lying outside his home, but hundreds of people were running and screaming past him in a desperate manner. Without thinking for a moment, he leapt up onto his feet and headed for his doorway. If something was happening then he would have to check on his family first.
?What are you doing?? Shouted a young woman from behind him as he left the fleeing crowd. ?An evacuation has been ordered. This whole place is coming down.?
Without waiting for Valk?s answer she continued to run to the exit, leaving Valk even more confused as he entered his house. At first it seemed empty, until he went in to his children?s bedroom. On the bed were his son and his daughter, curled up and hugging their own legs.
?its okay kids,? Valk said calmly as he made his way over to them. ?I don?t really know what?s going on. But dad says we have to leave now, okay??
As he placed his and on Zyro?s shoulder, the body toppled onto his back, leaving Valk both furious, and sickened at the same time. His own child?s eyes had been gouged out, his tongue and teeth removed, his ears sliced away and his nose unrecognisable. Just as Valk feared that his son was dead, he saw Zyro?s finger twitch. Unable to speak, he placed his arm around the mutilated boy?s body and embraced him. As he did, he heard Zyro mumble slightly, not able to even say what he wanted to.
?What have they done to you?? Valk mumbled sadly as he stared over at his daughter. She had also tried to move, and had turned over as far as she could, also mumbling just as Zyro had done. Picking them both up and placing them over his shoulders, Valk left the room slowly, still trying to take in what had happened. As he left, he saw Cyanite outside the door with a solemn face.
?I guess you?ve seen what they did then?? he asked quietly. Valk nodded in reply and looked up ferociously at Cyanite.
?Spinal??
?He ordered it. They thought you were dead and didn?t even bother checking. Then they went into your house. From what I heard, your family has been punished for what you did. I doesn?t seem like something The Captain would normally do, but that is, what I heard.?
Valk stared at Cyanite angrily and placed his children on the ground.
?You knew what they were doing, and didn?t try and stop it? Why? Why you ******* arse? Answer!? Valk shouted furiously as he clenched his fist.
?I arrived just as he knocked you out Valk. There?s wasn?t anything I could do. They were going to check, but I did it first and told them you had snuffed it. That?s when they went into your house. I tried to get in at least three times, but I was forced to leave. Then they asked me if I was in league with you, and I couldn?t say yes. The guards didn?t recognise me and the one doing it was inside already. I couldn?t risk myself.? Cyanite replied desperately. Valk stayed silent for over a minute before nodding.
?So, Spinal did do it??
?No Valk. It was Neecrow. He took Fai to, and left. Spinal was already gone. All he did was give the order.?
Valk exhaled deeply, before turning around and pounding the wooden wall of his home. He drove a hole straight through and then turned back to Cyanite.
?I have to get them!?
?We can?t Valk. We have to evacuate.?
?What?s even going on in here?? Valk asked rapidly. ?Come on!? he urged, clearly needing an answer. Cyanite paused for a moment before shrugging, and then answering.
?Well, with the Varlerian dead, the molten portals have failed. The barrier that held them up is gone, and the entire cavern is being flooded with the stuff. The only way out is the old route. Sooner or later it will get in here so we have to get out now!?
?Right then!? Valk said, trying to stay calm. He was used to death, and even family losses were common to him, but Spinal and Neecrow had stepped ever so slightly over the line. ?We?ll leave, and if Spinal or Neecrow have survived, I?ll kill them. That's the plan!?

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Sep 18th 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sotek Posted: 14:08 Sep17 2007 Post ID: 1918378
Sotek
Post Likes: 0
+
I like this plan.

I also agree that was a sick and wrong mutilation. Although less wrong than it could have been. I mean, they could have forced them to eat their own livers, or even performed the Bloody Eagle.

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
King of Hell Posted: 14:22 Sep17 2007 Post ID: 1918393
King of Hell
+
Sotek: Bloody Eagle?

Cat: One word: moar!

Sotek Posted: 11:03 Sep18 2007 Post ID: 1919360
Sotek
+
Ripping someone's lungs out through their back so it looks like they have wings.

It's painful.

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
Cataclysm Posted: 12:48 Sep18 2007 Post ID: 1919448
Cataclysm
+
That's so brutal.... I'll have to include it somewhere. This chapter isn't as good as some of the others I may have written by the way, but I'll except any complaints you may have.

Chapter 9: Escape Into The Fire

It was gone. Valk and Cyanite had been searching for at least ten minutes where they had previously been fighting, and they still hadn?t recovered Valk?s sword. In truth, only Cyanite had been searching, because at that moment Valk was sat in his doorway comforting his two tortured children. Even though the only sense that remained was that of touch, Valk constantly reminded them that everything would be okay. Whether it was for them or for himself remained unanswered.
?It?s not here. Someone must have taken it whilst running past!? Cyanite mumbled flatly. ?Trust me, if it was here I would have found it.?
Valk nodded simply and lifted up Kila and Zyro once again, placing them over his shoulders. As he silently made his way through the bustling crowds Cyanite followed close behind, every now and then scanning the floor for any signs of the blade. Pressing through the flood of worried men and women, they eventually drew to a stop, along with everyone else in the room. Ahead of them a serious uproar had begun, with hundreds of people shouting in protest.
?What?s happened here?? Valk said to the nearest person to him, a dark haired woman, about half his own age. ?Why isn?t everyone evacuating??
?The exits have all been sealed! We can?t escape!? She replied hopelessly. ?Why would they lock us in like that??
?No idea,? Valk shrugged as he turned back to Cyanite. ?Take the kids! I?m going up front.? He ordered as he handed the two limb bodies over to Cyanite. Pushing others out of the way, he finally reached the exit; an incredibly large double door forged from the hardest steel in the land, and thicker than the Varlerian?s vault itself. Once the magma gates were put to use, the regular entrances had to be sealed off from enemies of The Order, and so the Doors of Ward were created, enchanted with the strongest spells of protection weaved by the Varlerian. Usually they were unlocked in cases of emergency, but strangely, they had been shut when the gates had failed.
?We can?t break through! There?s no chance!? Bellowed one extraordinarily large man as he tried once more to slam his own body into its surface, but only succeeding in bruising his own shoulder.
?Move!? Valk said angrily. He was sick of complications, and this wasn?t helping. Drawing both of his hands back, the energy he had wielded earlier began to concentrate itself into an orb that slowly grew larger until reaching a radius of ten inches. Swinging his hands around, he launched a shaft of energy onto the door?s face until the sphere?s power depleted.
?Great!? The bruised man commented, as the doors remained closed without moving an inch. ?Real impressive mate! Why don?t you use your little tricks to do something useful next time??
Ignoring the comment, Valk shook his head and looked down at his hands.
?I don?t understand. I killed the Varlerian only yesterday. The spells should have worn off by now.?
Looking at him in fury, the large individual advanced towards Valk and pushed him back with one hand whilst maintaining a firm stare.
?You killed her? So it?s because of you we?re all stuck like this?? he asked, sounding more than slightly frustrated. ?You just mad a big mistake bud!?
Leaning backwards, he suddenly threw his head forwards and came crashing down upon Valk with the full force of his forehead. Valk felt his nose cave in as he fell backwards and thumped against the floor.
?For **** sake!? he muttered as more and more people took notice of him and looked down upon his bloody face. In an instant, two more had appeared behind him and were kicking him as he lay on the ground. Each time he tried to stand back up, a foot or fist came from another direction and knocked him back down.
?This is what you deserve. Sentencing us all to death like that. Who the **** do you think you are?? shouted one. As he did, a twisted blade burst out from the front of his chest, causing him to fall onto Valk. With considerable effort, he threw the dead body off and sighed in relief as he saw Cyanite standing there, his blade stained with blood and a fearless expression on his face that pierced those standing around his fallen comrade.
?Get up Valk. What are you doing on the floor?? he said kindly, offering his hand to help Valk back onto his feet. Those who had been previously attacking him soon backed off and hid themselves amongst those in the observing crowd. Clutched in Cyanite?s hand, behind the shield he wielded was a long blade. Valk immediately recognised it as his own and took it from his hand.
?Thanks for that,? he smiled, as he searched the surroundings for a familiar face after healing his nose. . Outstretching his free arm he launched a jet of energy at one of the many people who had earlier been attempting to take his life. As the body fell lifelessly to the ground, Valk eyed the rest of the people around him seriously before turning back to the door and pausing to think. He had only used his new power for a brief moment, and up to then he had only experimented with offensive magic. But if the Varlerian could place the spell, then perhaps he could undo it just as easily. Placing his palm on it?s surface, he shut his eyes and almost instantly began to mutter words even he didn?t understand under his breath, until the door began to creak.
?Keep it up,? Cyanite said hurriedly, urging Valk onwards. Above them and all around the cave, the walls were beginning to crack under the pressure of the magma. In a matter of minutes the entire area would be flooded. Seeing this, Valk began to mumble faster, until finally, the doors opened to reveal a long rock tunnel.
?****!? shouted someone from the surrounding mass of evacuees as a jet of destructive liquid burst from a large hole in the surface of the walls and covered a number of men and women standing by. As numerous members of The Order charged through the gap, Valk turned to see more and more magma falling into the cavern. Cyanite also stood at his side with a solemn expression on his face.
?If we leave the doors open to let everyone through, we?ll all be killed without a doubt,? he pointed out sadly. ?I don?t think we have much of a choice.?
Valk had already made his way over to a door. Seeing this, Cyanite did the same and began to push. Slowly, both doors were slowly closed, with no one wanting to waste their own time in trying to stop them. Everyone seemed more occupied with their own escape, and didn?t want to have their heels burnt off by trying to push against Valk and Cyanite. As the gap began to close, screams could be heard as less and less people began to fit through, until finally there was no space between the two doors and al sound and light from inside had been cut off.
?Poor buggers!? Valk said as he bowed his head. Even if he did wish to take revenge on Neecrow and Spinal, he hadn?t wanted to take innocent lives, unless it was to increase his own power. Silently they continued along the tunnel until they reached it?s exit. A speck of light could be seen in the distance, stunning those who had been walking through the dark cave for over an hour. Stepping out of The Order?s underground world, the hundreds of men and women who had escaped gazed in awe upon the lush green field they had entered. Most of them had never left The Order and were shocked at the sight of grass, Whereas Valk was worried about something completely different.
?Cyanite. Where are my kids??
Cyanite suddenly stopped in his tracks and bit his lip, as he slowly backed away, Valk found that he already knew the answer.
?I left them behind when I came to help you,? he said simply, yet hesitantly. ?I never thought. I just put them down and came for you. I?m really sorry!?
As Valk leaned back to increase the power of the punch he was about to deliver to Cyanite?s face, a sudden sharp pain struck his back and caused him to fall to his knees. All around them, the others had begun to disperse, and none had seen anyone sneak up on Valk.
?Not, again!? he grunted in pain as he looked behind him, already knowing who it was before he even looked. As he had predicted, Neecrow stood behind him, with his long, curved dagger stained with Valk?s blood covering its edge. ?You *******!?
?Sorry mate, boss? orders,? he smirked as he raised Valk to his feet. With a simple touch, Valk felt his entire body fall limb, unable to retaliate. ?You?re coming too!? he said to Cyanite as he raised his dagger threateningly.
?What are you doing?? Shouted one of the evacuees at Neecrow. ?He?s the one that got us out. You can?t just arrest him!?
?Treason bears a price!? Neecrow retaliated. ?No one will intervene, or The Captain will see to it that you are justly punished for your crime.?
As he pushed Valk ahead, he almost fell over, barely able to hold himself on his own feet. Cyanite immediately rushed over to him and allowed Valk to rest over his shoulder. After a few moments he could already feel his strength returning, but he had seen Neecrow in action. With such a powerful Blade Mage watching over him he wouldn?t have a chance. Neecrow had become a legend within The Order because of his magical prowess. To defeat him he would also have to gain more power in battle, but right then all that mattered was escaping alive.
?Where are you taking us Neec?? he asked whilst drooling slightly, still unable to maintain control over himself completely.
?Somewhere quiet. We need to talk.?

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Jul 22nd 2008 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Cataclysm Posted: 12:14 Sep19 2007 Post ID: 1920593
Cataclysm
+
Another double post I've had to authorise. You people need to comment a little more.

Chapter 10: Fight In The Fields Of Death

For hours upon hours, Valk walked through the field of lush grass followed closely by Neecrow and Cyanite, the tip of the ever present blade digging slightly into his spine. If for one moment he stopped it would be the third time his back was stabbed in one week. The crowds of people he had helped to escape The Order?s destruction had now gone their own ways and were nowhere to be seen. If Neecrow planned on killing Valk, then there was nothing stopping him.
?We?ve been walking for ages Neec,? Cyanite grumbled in complaint. ?Can?t we stop for just a little while??
Neecrow didn?t respond, he merely urged Valk onwards. Under normal circumstances he would have already attempted to escape, but if Spinal had been given new strength, then what was stopping Neecrow possessing the same.
As the night began to set, a small shape could be seen in the distance. All that they had seen before were mountains and a distant horizon, but now, it seemed they were drawing ever closer to a civilized area. Drawing closer, Valk and Cyanite soon realised that it was in fact, a stone fortress, hidden at the foot of a rocky range that blocked out even the moon?s light.
?Mind telling us what that is?? Cyanite asked hopefully as he gazed in awe at the castle before him. From every orifice, entrance, wall and opening was a strange machine; a large cannon, surrounded by five cannons of a smaller size. On the left side of the fort was a similar weapon, though much large, slowly being wheeled out of a steel gate. Finally it stopped and was aimed into the sky. Neecrow finally came to a halt and looked proudly at the weapon that was being aimed diagonally into the sky.
?This is The Captain?s home. We also use it as a war factory, and you?re about to witness the test firing of one of our latest developments!? Neecrow explained without taking his eyes off the enormous cannon. It stood at more or less thirty metres in height, and the main barrel measured three metres in radius. Those around it were thinner, but were equal in length.
?War factory?? Valk asked curiously, after staying silent for most of the journey. ?Are you getting ready for a war??
?Maybe,? was Neecrow?s response to the question. ?It all depends on Spartzan?s decisions.?
The weapon finally locked itself in position, and after only a couple of moments, something began to generate at the end of the centre barrel. It had a spherical form and was multi-coloured. Slowly it grew, until the smaller cannons began to do the same. Particles from the very air around each one were being sucked into the orb?s surface, and the largest of them all had reached an incredible size.
?Wait, what are you firing at?? Cyanite said worriedly, pulling Neecrow around to face him. Valk then took the opportunity to draw his blade and pierce it through his former friend?s neck. Quickly he withdrew it and beckoned to Cyanite.
?Now?s our chance to escape, let?s go!? he ordered, already running towards the away from the fortress. Neecrow lay on the ground holding his wound and attempting to block the flow of blood. It was obvious he had indeed been granted new abilities, for any normal human would be dead without a doubt, even if he did possess such a grand talent for magic.
?What about the weapon Valk? Whoever they?re firing at is doomed. How can you just let them fire that thing?? Cyanite responded without bothering to follow Valk.
?Then what do you suggest Cya. The cannon?s already prepared for firing. You can see that. There?s no way to stop it now!?
Almost on cue, the smaller spheres of energy leapt from their barrels and concentrated themselves into the centre orb.
?The old order is no more!? Neecrow coughed as he heaved himself up onto his knees. ?The test beam is aimed directly at main base. It must be obliterated so that we may create the Fourth Order. Unfortunately, you succeeded in saving a portion, but no matter. The blast will take out most of them, and those who survived the magma outbreak will be blown away!?
?You knew I would kill the Varlerian?? Valk asked, stunned.
?No. But whatever you did back there has no effect on our plans. Look!?
Rapidly, the massive ball began to shrink until it was barely visible. Even in pain Neecrow smirked as a sudden flash brightened the night sky and a beam, the same size as the centre cannon, was launched from its surface and rose into the clouds. It took no less than ten seconds for the beam to end its launch from the weapon, and for a moment there was nothing. Neecrow automatically turned to the south, as the same streak of coloured light could be seen far away, falling from the sky. Valk felt a sudden, fierce tremor run through the ground and saw on the horizon a blinding flash that in no time at all had disappeared. As Cyanite watched in horror at the effectiveness of the weapon, Valk turned to Neecrow and kicked him whilst he was on the ground.
?Why are you following Spinal you spineless prick??
Getting up onto his feet Neecrow shook his head and smiled at Valk, even as he stared furiously back at him.
?The Captain is following the orders of another. He is the one that gives me my objectives. And plus, life in the Third Order was so tough. Life was a constant rebellion against a ruler that has allowed the planet to prosper and grow. Under our new rule we have nothing to fear. From being those who must hide to stay alive we have become kings among men. The Fourth Order no longer forces us to live underground. We can walk freely as men. All we have done Valk, is claim our birthright.?
Valk shrugged as an answer and looked upon the weapon towering before his eyes. Perhaps even Spartzan could be defeated by such a development. As he thought, he saw in the corner of his eye, Neecrow, as he drew his dagger from his waist. Cyanite had already become aware, and had leapt at Neecrow, swinging his shield wildly. As Cyanite slashed down vertically with his blade, only to have Neecrow sidestep out of the way. Raising his hand into the air, he brought it downwards swiftly and caused a crack to run through the earth from his own feet until it was beneath Cyanite?s legs. From the gap, a wall of hellish flames leapt from the darkness, frying Cyanite?s left leg as he rolled out of harm?s way. Instantly he was on the ground and writhing in pain, leaving Valk to leap through the fire as they died down. With impressive speed, he swung his sword horizontally at Neecrow?s chest, who merely parried the blow with his dagger and lunged forwards with his own weapon. The attack failed as Valk dodged it and allowed a jet of energy to leap from his palm directed at Neecrow. The mage retaliated with a darker, and larger jolt of the same substance which knocked Valk?s magic off course and into the sky. As if anticipating such a defensive manoeuvre, Valk charged forwards and impaled Neecrow on the blade that gleamed in the silvery blood that now covered it?s tip. Swinging his sword around, Neecrow was launched off the end through the grass, only to get back up immediately and throw three balls of flame at his opponent. Valk slashed twice and disintegrated the spheres of magic, but was unprepared as the third struck him square in the chest and knocked him to the dirt. Somehow, he found that he was still conscious, and slowly, he pushed himself up onto his knees before standing up completely.
?Come on Neec! I?ve seen you in battle and you can do better than this. Do your boss proud and take care of that thorn in his arse for him!?
?Shut it Valk! I wouldn?t have done this if you had just left The Order like you should have. Why did you come back after you escaped? Revenge? That?s pathetic!?
?You tortured my kids Neec! What did you expect??
?Yes, I did torture them Valk, under orders. But do you know what? I enjoyed it. All those things you suspected of me before must be true I suppose.?
Valk grinded his teeth and ran through the grass towards Neecrow, his sword held out at his side. Neecrow met his charge by swiftly stabbing forwards at Valk?s heart, but missed as his target rolled to the side and was on his feet instantly. Slashing through the back of his leg, Neecrow fell to the ground, only to feel Valk?s sword as it slice through his back twice. As the blood flooded from the open wounds, Neecrow shrieked in pain as Valk thrusted his own hands deep into them.
?Well I?m enjoying this!? Valk whispered into his ear, as with a final burst of strength, he pulled forcefully at Neecrow?s insides and ripped his own lungs out of the cuts he had caused previously. As they both burst out of his back and opened the gashes further, blood sprayed from all of his scars as they were opened under the tension of his screams. Neecrow then fell forwards with his lungs positioned diagonally over his back, dying slowly in a pool of his own silver and red blood still jetting uncontrollably out of every wound he had ever received.
?Shite, you ripped my lungs out!? Neecrow uttered and his face fell into the soaking dirt and his eyes closed gradually. Valk looked down at the body of his former comrade and stabbed his sword into the centre of the man?s back.
?Fatality!?

Credit goes to Sotek for helping with this chapter. *Thumbs up*

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Sep 20th 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Sotek Posted: 13:42 Sep19 2007 Post ID: 1920658
Sotek
+
Roflmfao!

Not only did you use my idea, but you turned it into a Mortal Kombat style fatality. Plot development occuring: is Spartzan the leader of this fourth order I wonder?

Only thing I found possibly wrong with this chapter was the fact that Neecrow was still able to speak after the bloody eagle. And the fact that he didn't utter the words, he ushered them.

King of Hell Posted: 15:34 Sep19 2007 Post ID: 1920783
King of Hell
+
(Repeat above post under my name).
Great job! Bloody Eagle FTW! Eagerly awaiting next chapter.

Cataclysm Posted: 01:11 Sep20 2007 Post ID: 1921475
Cataclysm
+
Sotek, this is a fantasy fic, in my opinion, people can speak with their lungs ripped out. But zou bring up a good point. And as for the usher thing... I do not know what I was thinking. Thanks.

Thanks for other reviews. Glad you both liked it.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 21:36 Sep21 2007 Post ID: 1923424
King of Hell
+
Both meaning all two of your readers. It's odd that this fic isn't getting more comments than mine and Sotek's. It's a really good fic. Also: BUMP.

Cataclysm Posted: 11:47 Sep24 2007 Post ID: 1927025
Cataclysm
+
Now for a chapter. Enjoy! Mainly plot development.

Chapter 11: In The Enemy's Hands

It seemed Neecrow?s death had not gone unnoticed. As Valk removed his blade from the back of his mutilated friend, he felt something streak past the pack of his head. Turning to face the fortress, he swore under his breath as he saw the buildings defensive cannons facing towards him, each of their ends blazing with the fierce glow of accumulated energy. Several more surged towards him through the air, leaving Valk to dive out of their way as fast as he possibly could.
?Cyanite! Where are you?? he shouted desperately as he searched through the long grass for his fallen comrade. A small groan was his only response as he caught a brief glance of a human figure crawling closer to him. A dozen more blasts of energy soared over his head and incinerated the blades of grass standing over him; he wouldn?t be able to stay there much longer.
?Behind you!? Valk heard Cyanite mumble quietly. Looking around, at first he was shocked, but knew that the power surging through Neecrow must be strong indeed. The mage was on his feet and limping over to Valk. Pushing himself up onto his feet, Valk lunged forwards with his sword and impaled Neecrow through the stomach, giving his opponent no time to react.
?Everything is happening exactly as he said it would Valk. You have no idea what you have begun. Destiny is absolute!? He whispered into Valk?s ear as he leaned closer. ?At first, I didn?t believe it, but it seems he was right. And if he does have a point, you should be prepared for what is about to happen.?
?What do you mean?? Valk responded. The fact that his friend had turned on him had been confusing enough, and now this. ?Tell me!?
?You?ll find out soon enough Valk! This isn?t the end of me!? Neecrow answered before smiling upon the fortress. Valk followed his line of sight, only to see a cannon beam heading straight for them both. Unable to react, two blasts struck them both and sent them through the air, each of them knocked away in a separate direction. As Valk spun uncontrollably further into the sky, another beam struck him in the chest, the impact knocking his very senses out of him. As he collided with the earth, he saw that the world was slowly fading away before him. He stood up slowly, now much further away from the fortress than he had been before. Everything was blurred and was becoming fuzzier. The streaks of energy were now flying lines of bright light and the grass had become a sea of rippling, green water. In the distance he could see something black moving towards him, but as he tried to make out what it was, he fell to the floor, and everything disappeared completely.

?He?s through there. For disgracing us he must pay!? Valk heard a voice say somewhere nearby. He was now on his feet, but he didn?t recognise his surroundings. He was in a long hall of dark stone with torches lighting his way. All around him were pale men and women running to the end of the corridor with their weapons drawn. All of them were armed with gleaming swords, and on their left arm had one golden gauntlet blazing with magical flame. Looking down at his own appendages his saw that he also bore the same arms, yet something was wrong. His skin was much paler than before and his bones were thinner. And for a reason that he did not know, he was running along with the others. Unable to control himself, he soon stopped outside a small wooden door, just like everyone else. There were a dozen or so others, all of them seemingly ready for a fight.
?Is this the place?? he heard himself say. His voice sounded more feminine that anything, and from somewhere he was sure that he recognised it. It took him a few moments to think back, until he finally realised from where he had recalled the female voice. It was the voice of the Varlerian he had killed previously. He had taken her power when he had impaled her. His only conclusion was that he was seeing something through her eyes, but was it a memory of the past, or a vision of the future?
As another kicked open the door before them, Valk entered a circular room lighted by a circle of candles. In the centre was a stone altar and a baby laying on it, with another, older man, standing over the child with a sword held vertically above it. Before the man could impale the child, a sphere of flame struck him in the chest and knocked him to the ground. Valk couldn?t see the man?s face. Only the black cloak he wore to hide himself from the others around him. Valk could only conclude that they to were Varlerians, and were attempting to stop the man killing the child. They had succeeded, and as Valk leaned over to see who the man was, a bright, white light burned his eyes.

?What the **** are you doing?? Valk shouted immediately as he woke up. He now lay on a horizontal table, he arms, legs and neck chained to its surface tightly. All around him were similar tables with other men and women chained to them. Whether they were asleep, or dead, was something Valk didn?t really want to know. When he had shouted, a thin man had immediately jumped back out of shock. He was dressed in a long brown robe, stained with some sort of blood. In his hand was a small white jewel, that Valk presumed he had been using on himself.
?You?re supposed to be dead!? stuttered the man who was stepping slowly away from Valk. In the centre was a circular table with numerous mechanical objects lying on it. At first glance they appeared to be torture instruments, but as he looked around at the other people in the room, he saw that they had been carefully dissected. Looking down, he saw that his torso had also been sliced open, and the moment he saw it the pain struck him.
?Tell me why the **** my chest is open!? he ordered angrily. The man before him was clearly shocked by the fact that one of his patients had just woke up, and it showed in his face.
?We?re testing the effects of our weapons on humans.? He said suddenly. ?You were brought in only a few hours ago, and you were most definitely dead. Have you already been tested??
Valk frowned at the man, who was clearly an experimenter of some sort. Whether or not he knew much, he probably knew more than a fraction of what Valk understood at that moment.
?What do you mean, tested? And what are you on about, we? They? Start explaining!?
?You?re in no position to make demands!? the experimenter muttered slowly and quietly. His fear showed through his slight determination clearly. ?I have to inform the leader!?
?What leader?? Valk asked curiously, only to receive no answer as the man left the room using a small exit on the far side of the rectangular room. As he sighed, a sudden feeling of anguish surged through his body. The incision on his torso was sealing itself back up itself. Writhing out of fear, and pain, Valk didn?t notice someone accompany the experimenter back into the room.
?Valk! Nice to see you came to visit!?
Valk looked up and swore once again as he saw Spinal walking cheerfully over to him. Stopping near the middle, he pointed at another occupied table further away from Valk.
?You did this did you??
As Valk followed his finger, he was shocked to see the wounded body of Neecrow lying with his head hanging like a doll. His lungs were still sticking out from his back, but had been bent to his sides so that he could be kept on the surface of the table.
?Yes, I did it. Any problems??
?Well, he was my right hand man Valk,? Spinal replied, still smiling. ?But I suppose he did get what he deserved, after what he did to your children.?
?Too right he did!? Valk spat angrily. ?The ******* deserved everything he got!?
?On the subject of your children, I would like you to know that they are perfectly fine. I have them in my quarters now, along with your lovely wife. We?re trying to fix what Neecrow did as I speak.?
Valk desperately tried to break the chains binding him, but in the end failed. Behind Spinal, he could see the experimenter preparing opening a small wooden box. Whatever he planned on doing to him, Valk wasn?t too comfortable.
?What is it you want with me Spinal??
?Everything is happening just as he said it would. I hope to see you soon Valk.? Spinal said happily as he left the room. What did he mean by that? And if he had his children, how would he get them back? The experimenter finally closed the box and began to walk over to Valk. But just as he was about to arrive, he turned to the side and walked around the table and disappeared form Valk?s sight. Quietly, he could hear the man kneeling down, and scratching something. Only seconds later, Valk heard a loud noise from behind him, and watched in awe as a dead corpse came flying over his head and crashing into the table. Before he could wonder what was going on, the chains around his body began to sear with intense heat, before disintegrating completely and dropping him to the ground. As he turned around to see what had killed the experimenter, he sighed and shook his head. Before him, was another Varlerian, encased in crystal with an aura of sky blue light surrounding it. This time it was a thin man, who Valk briefly recognised as one of the Varlerians from his dream.
?Why have you let me out Varlerian??
As he spoke, word after word began to appear on the book at it?s feet. Kneeling to read it, Valk took the book in his hands and followed every letter closely.
Valk Kamazkasythe, one of our sisters you have killed in your quest for revenge, but this we are willing to forgive. You know of our prophecy, and you must free us all to fight Spartzan. As promised, we shall give you power in return. Do you except?
Valk frowned up at the crystallised man and lay the book back down. After he had killed a Varlerian with his own hands the still expected him to continue with their prophecy?
?I have questions first.? He wrote into the book before waiting for an answer.
What do you wish to know?
?Why are you here Varlerian? And why am I so important??
I am here because the leader of the Fourth Order is performing experiments on human beings using my power. I am the one that powers the defences and Project Genesis. The second question I can not answer. My knowledge is limited.
?Then tell me who is leading the new Order. And what's project Genesis.?
This is also a question that I do not know the answer to. His image is clouded, but I recognise him from a distant past. It may be Spartzan, but I doubt it. Project Genesis is the cannon you saw previously. But it is not yet complete. The experiments you see here are being conducted to see how they can improve it's power..
?Fair enough. Then tell me, where is my family being held? That?s my reason for even talking to you.?
They are in Captain Spinal?s quarters, as he said, but you must be cautious. And remember, I must be freed!
Valk immediately left the book and left the room. Wherever his family he was, he would find them and escape. He had no intention of freeing any Varlerians.

There we go. Any wild theories on the plot anyone?

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Sep 24th 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 15:20 Sep24 2007 Post ID: 1927186
King of Hell
+
None whatso ever. Also, I belive ?You did this did you?? should be ?You did this, didn't you??. Good plot development, decent amount of action... Also, Cat, advertise your heart out! Need moar readers to see this!

Sotek Posted: 12:26 Sep25 2007 Post ID: 1928341
Sotek
+
A dead corpse eh? Who'd have thunk it!

Apart from that, the Valerians seem very forgiving. Lets hope that thy can persuade/manipulate Valk into obeying them...

Cataclysm Posted: 12:38 Sep25 2007 Post ID: 1928355
Cataclysm
+
Nobody would have thunk it. I had to specify that the corpse was dead, otherwise, you might have thunked that it was a living corpse. Which would have been a zombie.

Fine, I made a mistake. Have a new chapter.

Chapter 12: The Importance Of Family And Friends

As Valk wondered through the endless maze of stone corridors, a thought soon began to dawn upon him. The Order obviously wanted him for something, but he didn?t have a clue what it was. How did he fit into Project Genesis, the war against Spartzan? The Varlerian hadn?t been able to help him, and neither had Spinal. Why would they kidnap and torture his family only to help them later? Who was the leader of this new Order? And what did he know that Valk didn?t? Valk thought back to his previous conversations with Spinal and Neecrow. They had both spoken of destiny, and how they had known what would happen. They had also mentioned their master telling them these things. What was going on?
?****!? Valk bellowed loudly out of the blue.
?What?s the matter with ye lad?? Replied an old voice from Valk?s left. He had been walking around in thought for so long he hadn?t noticed where he had even ended up. All along the walls were cells full of rotting bones. Inside one of them was a man, with long grey hair and a uncommonly large beard. From what Valk could see he was in his late forties, and had been in the cage for more than a few years.
?Who are you?? Valk replied intensively. ?I haven?t had the best week so far so maybe just leaving me alone would be better for you!?
?You haven?t had a good day?? the other answered with a chuckle. His accent was extremely heavy, and difficult to understand. But Valk just managed to make out what he was saying. ?I?ve been in this bloody cage for six years sonny. Aye, I think its six years, but I could be wrong.?
Valk shrugged and continued to walk along the straight hall, until a thought occurred to him. If the man had been her six years, then he could know something.
?Do you know where the Captain?s quarters are?? he asked, with a much kinder tone than before. ?I need to find it now!?
?Captain?s quarters? This place has been abandoned for five years matey. There ain?t no captain no more.?
?Five years? Well you should see what it?s like up there now!? Valk responded. ?Ever heard of the Third Order??
?Aye, I?ve heard o? those bastards. Always trying to kill that Spartzan they were. How??
Valk immediately hid his tattooed hand behind his back and sighed falsely.
?Sorry to tell you this, but it?s the Fourth Order now. And they?re up above us using this place as a base. Mind telling me where the best place for a Captain to live would be??
?Aye, I could tell ye, but ye see, I?m all locked up in this see here cage. And my memory?s a wee bit rusty. Perhaps ye could-
?I get it!? Valk nodded with a slight smile. He seemed harmless enough, so there would be no harm in letting him free. And if he could make it to an occupied area, perhaps he could cause a distraction. Valk then reached for his back to grasp his sword, but suddenly stopped.
?Come on then laddy. Get on with it!?
?I don?t have my sword. It?s gone. They must have taken it when I was brought in!?
?What did ye expect? That they would leave it in ye bloody hand? Ye daft git!? The man shouted angrily. ?Six bloomin? years I?ve waited here and you come to save me arse, but ye bloody sword is missing? You laddy, are useless!?
?Calm down!? Valk replied calmly as he lifted up his foot. ?The cell is rusted, so with a good kick it should come right down!?
?And ye think I haven?t tried that??
Valk let loose his foot and slammed it into the cell?s bars. For a moment, nothing happened, until finally, the entire cage?s front collapsed into a pile of rusted steel and grit.
?Shite!? The man said simply. ?All this time and I could have kicked it?? he continued with a look of disbelief. ?Well, cheers for that. The name?s Garvanath by the way, and your?s??
?Valk. But, did you say Garzavath just there??
?No, no lad. That?s me son?s name. I?m Garvanath. Why the question??
Valk frowned and stood in thought for a moment. Could this man possibly be Garzavath?s father? If so, then there was a chance that he could know more than first appearances told him.
?If your son is the same Garzavath I?m thinking of, then there?s a possibility that he could be one of Spartzan?s lords.?
?Oh really?? Garvanath asked suddenly more cheerfully. ?My son, one of Spartzan?s lords. Now that lady, is a real honour!?
?Maybe so. But you still haven?t answered my question Garvanath. Where could the Captain be??
?Directly above us!? the older man contested joyfully. ?The centre is on top of ye head. If he?s anywhere, he?ll be there.?
?Thanks!? Valk said as he nodded. Immediately he began to run towards the end of the cell corridor, only to find Garvanath following close behind. ?What do you want??
?Well, I?m a coming with ye Valk. I need to see me son and ye need to find your way to the Captain. I could help ye!?
Shrugging in a frustrated manner, Valk nodded and continued until he reached the end. Ascending a flight of stairs they soon reached a wooden door, and behind it was a room full of confiscated items.
?What?s this?? Valk said out loud curiously.
?This is where all me friend?s weapons were kept back when I was caught Valk. I thought ye and I could use some o? the stuff!?
?Not bad old man.? Valk added. He had already began to raid the small room, and after a while looking, found his own blade. "Weren't you ever caught?"
"Nope. No one ever came past here. They must have been using sme other way!"
"There's one thng I to ask. Why aren't you dead yet?"
"How do ye think I lived in a cell fo? so long??
?You ate them?? Valk asked slowly, albeit uncomfortably.
?Aye. They weren?t actually that bad. Ye should try it some time Valk. Now keep looking. You can use more than that one sword!?
Valk agreed and continued to search. At first he could find nothing off use, until he came across one sheathed blade. It had a jet black casing, and inside was a curved blade of equal colour. It was thing, and had numerous silver inscriptions running along it.
?I think I can use this.?
?Oh aye. I remember that katana.? Garvanath said quietly. ?That was me mate?s blade long ago. Poor bugger died in the cage along with all the rest. He didn?t taste too bad though.?
Valk didn?t answer, and placed the blade at his waist, tying it to himself with a short ribbon he found in a small wooden box. Crossing his own sword across his back he prepared to leave the room, but stopped when he saw that Garvanath hadn?t followed suit.
?Aren?t you coming??
?Aye, I?m coming. But I need to find me ol? beauty first.? he said without turning around from the pile of weapons and projectiles. Eventually he drew away from the heap and showed Valk what he had found.
?An axe??
?The greatest axe in the world!? Garvanath exclaimed proudly. The blade was incredibly large, too big for the man wielding it. The wooden pole that sustained it weight was also quite thick. Something told Valk that there was more to the weapon than what he could see.
?So you?re ready then??
?Ready as ever! I'll show those Orderly bastards a thing or two!?

Valk and Garvanath travelled through the fortress, sneakily avoiding the few guards patrolling its halls, until Garvanath finally came to a halt outside a steel door, slightly taller than Valk but incredibly wide.
?In here Valk!? the man pointed with a smile. ?This is the central room, where he ol? soldiers were gathered fo? speeches. Once you cross this room you should reach another door. My guess is that your Captain in there.?
Valk pushed open one of the handles, only to enter a dark, circular room of awesome proportions. In the middle, Valk could make out a faint human figure. Garvanath stood at his side sweating slightly and gripping his axe.
?I don?t like this Valky boy!?
?Don?t call me that!? Valk ordered almost silently as he slowly stepped forwards. The body was hanging limply. It was a female body, that Valk quickly recognised as his own wife, Failen. Running forwards to embrace her, he rapidly turned around as the entrance behind him slammed shut with an amazing crash. In it?s place were two children, each with a pair of blue eyes glowing fiercely, along with a similar coloured aura surrounding them.
?What is this?? Garvanath shouted out. ?What fiend causes this??
?Its my kids!? Valk muttered to himself. Step by step they advanced towards him with their right arm outstretched. As they did so, Failen?s voice could be heard behind him. Valk would have welcomed it, if it hadn?t been so expressionless.
?You have destroyed our lives father!? she said sadly. ?The power of The Fourth Order has saved us. It?s power is absolute. Give in to it.!?
?It wasn?t me kids!? Valk replied with a hint of fear. ?I didn?t ask for this to happen. Neecrow did it. He works for the Order. Wait? why is your mother speaking for you??
?She is dead now, because of your orders! And we are unable to speak for we have no tongue, so we are forced to use her senses as our own. If it was not for The Fourth Order, we would have met the same fate.?
Valk covered his ears and shook his head. How could something like this be happening to him. His wife had been killed, and his own children had turned on him.
?You aren?t my kids!?
?Oh, but we are. The memory haunts you. You are the one that ordered our torture, and the one that shall pay!?
Both of his children slowly levitated into the air with their arms outstretched at their sides equally. Behind Valk, Failen also ascended in the same way, before dropping to the ground like a rag doll. Only a few feet above his head stood his children, spheres of dark blue energy forming in their hands.
?I don?t want to hurt you kids. Come down! The Fourth Order has done something terrible to you!?
?Don?t you see they?re gonna kill ye no matter what!? Garvanath spoke up. ?Fight back or run Valk, it?s your choice!?
Behind them, they both heard the locks on the exit activate. The same then happened at the opposite end of the room. Looking up at his children with a tear falling from his eye, Valk gripped his sword and drew the katana. At his side, Garvanath flicked his axe, and allowed the blade to detach itself from the pole, still connected by a chain.
?If you do not wish to harm us father? then you shall die. May you except your penance and have your flesh ripped from your bones for what you have done to us! In the name of the Fourth Order, you shall recieve death at our feet!?

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Sep 25th 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 19:11 Sep25 2007 Post ID: 1928808
King of Hell
+
Zombie children of the main character... Yay. Next chapter PLZ!

Cataclysm Posted: 12:51 Oct01 2007 Post ID: 1936552
Cataclysm
+
I don't really like the start of this chapter, but I like what I've done with the end, so any comments, positive or negative are welcome.

Not zombies King Of Hell, but possessed kids revived.

Chapter 13: Reasons Unknown

Valk rolled rapidly aside as a blast of blue energy was hurled past his head and into the floor. Before he could rise back onto his feet, another struck him in the chest, knocking him off his feet and into a wall. Garvanath was already swinging his chained axe around his head, preparing to launch it at Valk?s son, Zyro.
?Your attempts are useless old man!? Kila, Valk?s daughter, said softly. With no tongue, Valk wasn?t sure how he could hear her, but the voice was clear in his head, as it was in Garvanath?s. As the bladed edge raced towards her neck, she raised her hand calmly, and smiled as the weapon was knocked off its trajectory and into a wall. Without even uttering thanks, Zyro lowered himself back to the ground and began to walk around the fallen body of their mother.
?Why did you let this come to pass dad?? he asked tonelessly. ?Why us??
?I didn?t do it!? Valk replied his throat swelling up as he saw Zyro raise the corpse of his wife into the air. Mercilessly, the young boy suddenly turned around and threw the woman at the emotionally crushed man. Valk just managed to dodge the body, but was sickened further as he heard her bones crunch upon impact with the wall. Meanwhile, Garvanath was already preparing another swing. This time it headed for Kila, who easily deflected it once again and began to advance upon the axe wielding prisoner.
?You?re not gonna kill me!? he roared in anger as he charged directly towards her, the blade now connected firmly to the handle that he was now holding in the air. Kila merely stood and watched as the figure of the man grew nearer until finally, she side-stepped out of the way and sent a globe of ferocious energy into his back. After only minutes of conflict, Valk and Garvanath were already on their hands and knees gasping. In the centre of the room, Zyro and Kila had come together and were holding hands, conversing happily between each other.
?The time has come to exact our revenge Kila. He will be so pleased with us!? Zyro murmured cheerfully.
?Yes, he will,? Kila nodded. ?We must thank him for??
She suddenly stopped talking as an expression of anguish spread across her mutilated face. Behind her kneeled Garvanath, the chain of his axe leading from his arm and into the girl?s back. She fell to the floor face first, the fierce blue now gone, and replaced by the deep, hollow spaces that once contained her true eyes. Even in her form, Valk knew that she was no longer the beast she had been only a few moments ago. Zyro was kneeling at her side, still possessed by whatever it was that had gave him such power. Since they had met only minutes ago, this was the first time he had shown any true emotion.
?Kila, what?s happened? Speak to me.? He muttered desperately. Hopefully, he picked her up in his arms and hugged her, wailing in sadness as he did so.
?She?s dead ye wee *******!? Garvanath spat as he spoke step by step. ?And I?ll do the same to you!?
Zyro suddenly looked up and left his sister lying on the floor. Pulling the axe out of her back, he disappeared in an instant and was behind Garvanath in a flash. Taking the chain, he wrapped it around the man?s neck, who despite his greatest attempts, could not resist. Once it was tight, Zyro grasped the chain with as much strength as he could muster.
?With you, we had no quarrel.? he hissed. ?This is of your own doing!?
With a tug of the chain, Garvanath?s head was ripped from the neck and left to bleed on the ground. As his son had done so, Valk had got up onto his feet and had made his way over to the corpses of his daughter and wife with great effort. Kneeling between them both he sobbed uncontrollably. From the other side of the room, Zyro watched with no expression. Valk finally calmed himself and got up onto his feet. Intently, he stared at his son and drew both of his blades.
?You?re no longer a son of mine!? he growled furiously before charging towards Zyro. The small boy glanced briefly at the body of his sister behind his father and hesitated, before finally making his decision. In one of his hands, a blue sphere began to take shape, until it was a short sword, appropriate for his size. Valk then reached his son and slashed at his ankles with the katana. Zyro anticipated the strike and jumped over the blade before delivering a swift kick to his father?s chin. Valk was knocked of balance for a moment, but immediately regained his equilibrium and lunged forwards with his original blade. His son ducked, and swung the blade of energy in his hand at Valk?s torso horizontally. Valk parried the blow, with the katana in his left hand and swung the other over his head in an ark. The sword merely met with the ground as Zyro narrowly evaded it by disappearing once again as he had done before.
?You fight me father?? he asked from behind his father. Valk turned around to face his son but was knocked onto his back by a blast of energy. ?Even if you know it is futile??
?I?m doing it for you Zyro. If by taking your life I can free you from whatever it is that has a hold of you, and protect myself, then I feel no guilt.?
?Very well father. I will gladly allow you to feel my wrath. But now is not the time.?
Valk stared at his son, puzzled.
Now is not the time? What other more important things could he have to do?
As he pondered, the figure of his son began to fade away until there was nothing but darkness in his place, along with his daughter and wife. At the other end of the room, Valk heard a lock click open. He could finally access the next room.

Opening the door, he suddenly realised that he was on the roof of one of the fortress? many towers. Surrounding him were numerous cannons, smaller versions of Project Genesis, and more than a few other weapons of distinctive design. Apart from that there was nothing else. Still tired from his previous encounter, and paranoid, he made his way over to the edge of the tower and looked out upon the field in which he had fought Neecrow. The signs of their battle could easily be seen, with torched grass and the streaks from the cannons all in one area. Looking down at his blade he remembered the battle he had experienced with his former friend. He hadn?t received any power in defeating him, which meant that he was still alive in the experimental room below him.
For the first time, Valk had time to relax. Leaning on the stone edge he sighed as he stared up at the cloudless night sky. So much had happened recently. He had lost his family, had his entire world destroyed, been betrayed, and had almost been killed, in a matter of days. Whatever was happening, it couldn?t be good. Lying down on the cold floor, he placed his hands behind his head and shook it slowly. He had no chance of escaping. In his path stood Spinal, and whoever this leader was. A person that was obviously a lot stronger than he was. As he lay in thought, he felt his eyes water. Even if his own kin had turned on him, one was dead and the other wanted to kill him, but what had Zyro meant, that now was not the time?
?Exactly where you are supposed to be,? said a strained voice to his right. Awoken from his trance of thought, Valk leapt to his feet to face the one that had spoken. In the centre of the roof was a man of similar height to Valk, dressed completely in a black cloak. Valk couldn?t make out any of his features, until a hand was produced from a shadowy sleeve. It was skeletal, with torn flesh covering the bony fingers that were holding the hilt of a blade.
?Who are you?? Valk asked with a tone of slight fear.
?You will find out the day that I did Valk!? the man murmured softly as he drew the blade out of the cloak further. It had been shattered, but was held together by a strange force. Between each crack in the steel was a large gap, filled by a transparent yet rippling form of energy.
?I don?t understand!? Valk retorted, also reaching for his own weapons.
?But, you will!? was the man?s answer. ?I am the leader of the Fourth Order Valk, the one who destroyed and saved your children. I am deeply sorry for that, and I understand perfectly how you feel about what has happened. But I had to delay you!?
?Delay me?? Valk replied, tormented by the very words that the other had spoken. ?You tortured my children and turned them against me just to delay me? How can you possibly understand??
?I have felt the same pain before Valk. And I had to delay you. I could not meet you earlier??
?Why??
?Because destiny would not allow it!? every word that left the strange man?s mouth was spoken with utmost calmness, with no expression of guilt, of emotion for what he had done. Valk spat and slashed at the cloaked figure with both of his blades in the form of a cross. Not even budging, the other allowed the swords to strike him. As they passed through, Valk heard the sound of flesh being gashed open, and then the sound of bone being broken apart. Even as Valk removed his weapons from the torso, the leader of the Fourth Order sighed and grasped his own blade tightly. Before Valk had even prepared himself, he stabbed Valk through the stomach and kicked him back into the stone wall that surrounded them. In pain, Valk placed his hand over the wound as the sword was pulled out with such grace that even he was impressed by such smooth swordsmanship.
?Are you human?? he asked between each flood of blood that left his mouth.
?I was Valk. Not so long ago. But it is destiny?s wish that this should happen. If I do not do this then nothing will fall into place.?
?Do you even know why you?re doing this??
?I?m afraid I do not. But destiny?s desire is my own desire. And it is a command I must fulfil. I don?t expect you to understand, but you will.?
As Valk reached once again for his sword that was now laid nearby on the ground, the man grabbed him by the neck softly and raised him off the ground. The touch was gruesome, yet somewhat soothing, as if there was some sort of deep emotion passing through his attacker that he could not express. With no hesitation, he threw Valk off of the tower and bent down to pick up both of the swords at his feet. As Valk fell silently, he tossed them both down after him.
?You?ll need those Valk.?

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Oct 2nd 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 14:37 Oct01 2007 Post ID: 1936646
King of Hell
+
Great chapter. I, on the other hand, liked both the begining and the end. A few minor errors here and there, but nothing that will affect the plot. I will now list them cronologicaly. They are as follows:

"Even in her form, Valk knew that she was no longer the best she had been only a few moments ago." I belive that should be "beast" and I would re-word that sentence as I found it slightly confusing.

"Valk stared at his son, puzzled. Now is not the time? As he pondered, the figure of his son began to fade away until there was nothing but darkness in his place, along with his daughter and wife." Another confuziling sentence. The words "Now is not the time?" should be italicised, and it isn't clear wether the daughter and wife were left behind, or taken as well.

"I could not meet you earlier?? Rid yourself of this question mark. Self explanatory.

Anyway, good chapter. Keep it up, although I find that your in-consistant with the space in between your chapters. I don't know wether it's because your busy, or arn't done the next chapter yet, but there it is. Good chapter thoughThumbs Up

Cataclysm Posted: 15:39 Oct01 2007 Post ID: 1936732
Cataclysm
+
Thanks for that. Yes, I am in a hurry most of the time, so I'll edit it sometime soon. Glad to see that you're liking it though. As far as time consistency, I never found that it was really that important, so I'm sorry if you're not to fond of that, but its not going to change.

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Oct 1st 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 15:46 Oct01 2007 Post ID: 1936742
King of Hell
+
It's not important, I was just noting it, because I really like the fic and can't wait to see more. Now, I'll leave you to the next chapterThumbs Up

« Last edited by King of Hell on Oct 1st 2007 »

Cataclysm Posted: 12:17 Oct02 2007 Post ID: 1937746
Cataclysm
+
Good to know. New chapter!

Chapter 14: Return

As the injured warrior fell from atop the battlement, many thoughts passed through his head. The first of which was; ****, that ground is closing in fast, but apart from that there were also questions. What did everything that had lead to this moment mean? How was he involved in it all? At first, he would have thought it coincidence, but after listening to Neecrow, Spinal and the cloaked man speak of destiny, he wasn?t so sure. Allowing himself him to plummet head first, he angled his head upwards and focused on the structure above him. The man was not to be seen, but from so far down he didn?t expect to anyway. All he could see were the fine edges of his two blades also slicing through the cold air. Valk then lowered his head to face the ground once again. It wasn?t far now and there was no denying that a fall from such a height would kill him no matter how much power he had.
Do not worry Valk!
The doomed man jumped as he suddenly heard a voice in his head. Even as he was facing certain death, someone was haunting his head and trying to have a chat. Without time to respond, he shut his eyes and embraced himself for impact, but seconds later the rush of the wind stopped and still he felt no pain.
?Is this what death feels like?? he asked out loud before opening his eyes. He was still in the air, only a few feet away from the ground, only now he was in a normal standing position and was being lowered to the floor gradually. As his feet finally landed, both of his slammed down at his sides and embedded themselves in the earth, sending a slight tremor through the ground. After pausing for a moment to take in what had happened, he looked around and began to shout.
?Who are you? And why have you saved my life??
At first there was no answer, only the complete stillness of the night, until finally came a reply.
You already know me Valk. You met me in the fortress.
The voice stopped and allowed Valk to think. Who had he met?
?Zyro? Kila? Garvanath? Bloke in cloak?? he called out. Anyone he had met had either been killed or wanted him dead, so he was short on answers.
No, I am the one you would refer to as, the Varlerian. You still have not released me Valk. Even though I requested it of you, you left me here entrapped. Come back into the fortress and set me free!
?And how do I do that?? Valk continued to shout. ?I?m thankful that you saved me from death, but I don?t have the Soulstone. There?s nothing I can do.?
But there is. The blade you carry is imbued with the soul of another Varlerian, and so it possesses the power to break through this infernal crystal.
Valk snorted. If he had been told that earlier he could have easily found the sword and returned, but now that he had escaped, the frozen man wanted him to walk right back in. Turning to face the man entrance to the fortress, two incredibly large wooden doors, locked by bars of incredible steel, he raised his arms into the air and shrugged.
?I would love to. But you see, I can?t get in, and I?ve only just escaped with my life. Sorry mate, it doesn?t interest me!?
Oh, I think it does! the Varlerian replied with a tone of authority. Look behind you.
Turning around, Valk had to squint to see what the Varlerian meant, but when he did see it, he immediately wished he was still inside the fortress. On the shadowed horizon, was a legion of warriors, all in steel armour and equipped to the teeth with numerous types of swords and other weapons. But this wasn?t what shocked Valk the most. Above the advancing army was a floating rock, large enough to be a small island, and on top of it a castle also defended by cannons similar to those of the fortress he had just left. The target building was miniature in comparison to the one that was slowly advancing.
?What do they want?? Valk gasped desperately as he thumped on the entrance doors.
Spartzan has sent Lord Frakxuja of the sky to destroy the Fourth Order. After the test firing of Project Genesis he discovered where the Order was being rebuilt and has sent his forces to eliminate it.
?And just how did they manage to get here so damn quickly??
Spartzan has his methods. With the power he stole from us long ago he is capable of many things indeed. Somehow, I believe transporting his armies is the least of his troubles.
As Valk continued to hammer away, he soon realised it was hopeless. He could already hear the door being reinforced from the inside. But the cannon holes in the stone walls were also being opened. Perhaps there was a way to get in. As one opened up near to him, he took his weapons from the moist earth and immediately leapt in. The one who had opened the hatch was surprised, but not fast enough to stop Valk as he delivered a swift decapitation. Wiping his sword on the neck cloth he wore, he soon noticed the two dozen other men also in the long room full of small cannons. Each of them had their own blade drawn and were staring Valk straight in they eye. One swung his blade horizontally at the intruder, but failed as Valk parried the blow and pierced him through the chest with the katana. Pushing him off the tip with his foot, he blocked the attacks of another with his free sword before cutting through his attackers? waist with both of his weapons. Others had already began to back off, but some still stood bravely before him. As one charged at Valk, he was tripped over by his target?s foot and soon had the point of a long plate of steel embedded in his skull. He had obviously been someone important, because now everyone in the room had began to make there way over to Valk.
?Just try and stop me!? Valk ordered, intimidating several men. Seeing their comrades back away, others merely growled and clutched their hilts even harder. Out of instinct, Valk brought up a shield with his own power that prevented anyone from closing in. Behind it he had taken hold of a cannon and was pulling it away from the hatch. When the sphere of energy finally debilitated, the weapon was being pointed directly at the group of warriors, who soon realised the danger they were in. With a sneer, Valk pulled back two levers on the top of the barrel, and was knocked off his feet by the very force of the weapon?s blast. As the focused energy left the cannon, every man was disintegrated instantly in it?s path, along with a small portion of the wall on either side. Wiping a drop of sweat from his forehead, Valk looked out of the damaged defensive wall, only to find that the attacking army was close enough to see their armour.
It consisted in plates of gleaming steel covering the entire body with a tint of blood red that was barely visible in the dark. The shoulder, elbow and knee blades were all spiked along with a sharp point on the grieves of each member of the legion. On their heads they wore a helmet that only showed their eyes and had small metal horns protruding from each side. In the centre was another large spike, but whether it was for show or offensive purposes Valk wasn?t sure. Wasting no more time he made his way through the nearest door and was soon in the main structure of the fort. After his hours of previous wondering around, he knew his way around pretty well, and was soon near the experimental chamber. Occasionally, a worried soldier passed him by, but seemed to preoccupied with the attacking force to even notice him. The odd rumble also passed through the area, which Valk presumed was the sky fortress launching its own cannons.
Hurry Valk, they are almost in. You don?t have much time.
As he was about to reach the entrance to the experimental chamber, and golden gauntlet stopped him from continuing. In front of him was a large man clad in gold and silver armour all over, with an even bigger spear in the other hand, Valk couldn?t make out his features because of the gleaming helmet he wore, but he could tell that he was someone of high authority in the Fourth Order. Fearing the worst, he shut his eyes and prepared to be stabbed? again. His old wound had already healed like the others, but it still hurt like hell.
?Who are you? I don?t recognise you.? The man said to him curiously.
?Er? new recruit.? Valk replied without looking him directly in the eye. He couldn?t mess up a chance like this. He hadn?t been recognised. It seemed his luck might finally have changed.
?Fine then. In case you haven?t noticed, we?re about to be blown to oblivion, so if you don?t get your **** up to those cannons I?ll make sure that you don?t live to see this place torn apart. Got it!?
Valk nodded and stood on the spot as the man passed him by and knocked his shoulder. He was in a hurry, and didn?t seem to be too worried about making sure Valk obeyed. When the armoured man was finally out of sight, he took the chance to enter once again, the chamber.
Good. You have come. Murmured the voice of the Varlerian as he shut the door behind him.
Yes, I?m here, but only because I have not much of a choice. Now what do you want??
Only to give you the power you desire. All you must do is take away this curse that binds me.
Valk nodded and held his blade out behind him as he advanced over to the crystal. Swinging the sword into its surface, the prison shattered upon contact and left the Varlerian man on his hands and knees with several shards stuck in his bare back. These immediately melted away into nothing as he stood up and flexed his arm and legs.
?There you go.? Valk shrugged. ?Now, I believe you promised something in return.?
?I believe I did. But as you know, you did take life of our sister, and we cannot fully forgive you for such an act. Let us consider this a peace making human!?
Pushing Valk aside, he made his way calmly over to the door, chuckling at the mutilated forms of experimented humans all around the room, but stopped as he heard the sound of a sword being drawn from behind him.
?One way or another, I?m taking what I need out of this room.? Valk pointed out calmly. The Varlerian looked back and shook his head.
?You are to full of yourself Valk Kamazkasaythe. Even with the small portion of power you posses you hope to take on a pure blooded Varlerian and win? Pathetic! If I leave here now I can stop this war outside and use Project Genesis myself against Spartzan, so I must hurry before it is destroyed.?
?What about releasing the others??
?That is what you must do, and is the only reason you are still alive now. Escape as soon as possible, for I will not wait for you to leave.?
?So, you can?t kill me because of the prophecy?? Valk asked with a slight smirk as he drew his katana completely. ?What a coincidence.!?
The Varlerian then turned back around and with a flick of his fingers was clad in a purple robe that stopped at his feet. His long, thin brown hair hung down to his waist, and his eyes glared directly at Valk.
?The prophecy does not say anything about my own self-defence Valk. Challenge me and I will be forced to retaliate.?
?Then I guess your little war with Spartzan will have to wait then won?t it!? Valk smiled as he paced over to the Varlerian until he was only a few feet away.
?As much as it pains me to end the prophecy Valk Kamazkasaythe, I shall. Fight!?
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close