Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Gears of Destiny

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
King of Hell Posted: 14:47 Oct02 2007 Post ID: 1937864
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
"both of his slammed down at his sides and embedded themselves in the earth, sending a slight tremor through the ground." Both of his what? Swords/blades/similarly sharp devices I'd imagine. Also, you sometimes use a different word than you did in the dialogue before it.

?Then I guess your little war with Spartzan will have to wait then won?t it!? Valk smiled as he paced over to the Varlerian until he was only a few feet away.
?As much as it pains me to end the prophecy Valk Kamazkasaythe, I shall. Fight!? I belive it should be "As much as it pains me to end the prophecy Valk Kamazkasaythe, it shall." because he's refering to his war. Good chapter, anticipating more!

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Cataclysm Posted: 15:06 Oct02 2007 Post ID: 1937898
Cataclysm
+
I didn'r want to repeat the word sword every time I needed to say it. That's why it changes.

The prophecy that he's refering to is the one that Valk will release all the Varlerians from their crystals. Not the war. That was in no way involved in the prophecy.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 15:14 Oct02 2007 Post ID: 1937911
King of Hell
+
Oh, whoops. My bad. Didn't read the first part of it. I thought he was refering to Vlak saying that his war would have to wait. Sorry. *Goes off and sits in a corner*

Sotek Posted: 14:19 Oct07 2007 Post ID: 1944765
Sotek
Post Likes: 0
+
Okay, I forgot to post...

Right, nice to see that Valk didn't kill the Valarian this time; perhaps if he helps the next one he'll get that reward he was after? Wonder when we'll find out...?

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
Cataclysm Posted: 14:23 Oct07 2007 Post ID: 1944778
Cataclysm
+
This wednesday I'll be posting it. Computer troubles are major thorns in my plans.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 01:48 Oct08 2007 Post ID: 1945753
King of Hell
+
Looking foreward to it! This is a BUMP!

Cataclysm Posted: 12:46 Oct11 2007 Post ID: 1950129
Cataclysm
+
Finally, a new chapter for ye all. In exchange for making you wait so long, I've tried to give this one a little extra length, but because of that, I think I've overused some adjectives a little bit. But meh, read!

Chapter 15: The Sky Is The Limit

From the very beginning of the fight, Valk know it had been a bad decision to face the Varlerian, but unfortunately, his pride would not let the once trapped man with the power he had promised to Valk escape with his life intact. Even as the vengeful warrior fought against the powerful mage with all his strength, he still failed at every attempt. The Varlerian he had killed previously had been right, only a portion of power could be gained by taking the life of a Varlerian, and compared to a one of pure blood, he was nothing. Raising both of his swords once again, Valk charged ferociously towards his opponent, only to be knocked back by a blast of burning green flame.
?Give up Valk, I have more important things to do.? The Varlerian demanded angrily as he formed yet another sphere of energy in his palm. On the ground before him, Valk was climbing up onto his knees, using his swords to support his weight.
?Not until I get what I came for!? was the fallen man?s reply. This was answered by a second blast to the torso as he stood up on his feet, a blast that sent his straight back into one of the many vertical tables in the room. As the wooden support collapsed under the force of Valk?s body and he fell to the ground, the dead body resting on it fell on top of Valk.
?How can you possibly imagine that I would give you any power after killing our sister?? the Varlerian hissed. ?But if you?re that desperate, then get back off the floor and give me a decent challenge!?
Valk spat on the floor and lifted himself up from under the broken wood, over his shoulder he held the dead body of the woman who had collapsed onto him, and using her as a shield, he ran at his enemy once again. The Varlerian sneered and began to walk slowly towards the charging man, firing energy blasts from his palm at an alarming rate. The first four collided with the human shield, followed by a small amount of others that missed completely. Eventually, the corpse disintegrated under the heavy fire, leaving Valk opened to be attacked. Stopping suddenly, he raised his swords and twirled them rapidly in his hands directly in front of him. Each of the Varlerian?s blasts were destroyed upon collision with the spinning steel, and as the mage grew angrier, Valk advance little by little, protecting himself with his weapons.
?Challenged yet?? Valk asked, now sounding much more dominant than before. When he was only a short distance away from his target, he allowed his swords to stop spinning and immediately brought up a spherical barrier of dark energy around him. He had tried using his barrier once before in their battle, and the Varlerian had sprinted inside it and had delivered blow after blow to Valk?s body, but now he was prepared.
?You bore me Kamazkasaythe! Try something new!?
Responding to Valk?s defence, the Varlerian ran at the shield and readied his fist to deliver another punch. Just as he arrived, Valk let his shield down and leapt into the air above the Varlerian, drawing his swords once again in mid air. With his opponent open to be attacked, he slashed with both of his weapons in a cross, deep into his opponent?s back. Landing heavily on the stone ground, Valk swivelled around to face the back of the injured combatant.
?Good enough for you??
The Varlerian then faced him also, and shook his head, grinning slightly.
?Not bad, for a human that is. I think we are unmatched.?
?Really?? Valk replied sarcastically. ?I never would have guessed.?
Without answering, the Varlerian raised his palm out in front of him and swept it to his left. Following the motion of his hand, both of Valk?s swords left his grasp and were impaled into a nearby wall.
?Now we are even.?
?You?re kidding me!? Valk sighed. Without his two weapons he stood no chance against such an opponent. His magic was nothing in comparison, but the Varlerian?s spell did not stop there. Clenching his hand into a fist, a strange, weak wave of transparent force left his body and knocked both of the combatants off balance.
?I have disabled our magic Valk. Though I fear my life may be taken, we Varlerians are honourable, and I would not allow you to be defeated under such heavy odds. Now, show me how a human really fights.?
Valk grinned as he held his fists defensively. As a member of The Order he had been trained in hand to hand combat, and was not afraid to say that he was quite good at it. If his opponent really had taken away their magic, he might just win.
?No problem!? Running at the Varlerian once again, he swiftly kicked into the air with his heel aimed at his enemy?s head. The attack had been anticipated though, and as the leg soared towards the Varlerian?s chin, he ducked under it and threw himself forwards, into Valk?s torso. But even as he held Valk between his arms he did not stop. He kept running until finally he slammed Valk into a wall and left him to crumble weakly onto the ground.
?I expected more of you!? the Varlerian muttered with a disgruntled tone. ?I didn?t expect he who is destined to break our seals to be so weak.?
Grinding his teeth, Valk immediately lifted himself up and swung his leg at his target?s torso. As the Varlerian moved to parry the blow, Valk let loose his right fist and brought it crashing into the mage?s jaw. Only an echoing crack could be heard in the silent room as Valk heard the man?s jaw crunch under the impact. Wincing in pain, the Varlerian grabbed his own mouth and pushed it gradually back into place. Eventually, a loud crack signalled that he had healed his injury, and was ready for action. Valk was still against the wall, and as the Varlerian approached him, he rested his foot on the surface behind him. Moments before the mage reached him, he pushed against the wall and threw himself fist first into his opponent, knocking him to the ground with Valk kneeled above him. Before the Varlerian could retaliate, Valk had hold of his head, and was slowly twisting it backwards, the snap of each joint proving that he was progressing. Eventually, and with one last twist of strength, the head came lose, and with an incredibly gruesome rip of skin Valk threw the man?s cranium away and stood up, smirking with pride due to his somewhat lucky victory. As he made his way over to the wall to recollect his weapons, he heard a soft thump coming from the corpse. It was crawling, slowly over to him, little by little.
?I should have known a regular death wouldn?t kill you,? Valk sighed. ?But, if my blade could kill the other, then I?m sure it can do the same to you.?
Valk took hold of the back of the mage?s robe and lifted the top of the crawling body off the ground. With his katana, he impaled the man?s chest and sliced it open, before reaching in with his hand and withdrawing the heart. Still beating, he tossed it over to the where he had left the head and dropped the corpse. Unsurprisingly, it was still moving. Kicking the body over, Valk took his beloved original sword and held it high above the writhing, headless body. Just as he was about to drop it through his victim, a menacing voice echoed in his head.
I?ll be back!
Paying it no heed, he plunged the tip through the man?s stomach and twisted it slightly to make sure the stab had full effect. It seemed that final attack had taken the Varlerian?s life, for as he finally stopped moving, Valk felt an electrical sensation run through his own blood, fuelling it with incredible energy. Blood had also began to leave the Varlerian?s body, and was snaking it?s way up the surface of Valk?s blade, leaving more inscriptions than when he had killed the previous Varlerian. With a new power surging inside of him, Valk withdrew his sword and with one final glance at Neecrow?s body on one of the vertical tables and left the room.

?Where are you going?? Asked a nervous soldier, as he drew his sword and held it up at Valk. He had been heading to the exit for the last ten minutes, and was sure that Spinal would be outside with the rest of the defence, but pathetic attempts to stop him escaping were wasting his valuable time. With a horizontal slash in the air with his katana, a curved blade of pure white energy left it?s edge and soared towards the soldier, slicing through his waist and leaving him to crumble legs first to the floor, an expression of fear still marked on his face. He had been the last, and now Valk stood before the enormous wooden doors that permitted entry to outsiders. It had been completely destroyed, and in the field outside, both armies were fiercely battling, blood was spraying uncontrollably, and to Valk?s right, Project Genesis was emerging from another door. Cannon blasts from the floating citadel were being poured towards the massive cannon, rebounding pathetically off an invisible shield that surrounded the weapon. It seemed that it was going to take a while for the Varlerian?s power to wane away.
One by one, members of both armies charged Valk, only to be decapitated or defeated swiftly. Parrying and slashing at the same time, none could approach Valk without being mortally injured or killed. By the time he reached the cannon, his death count had reached triple figures, and the trail of bodies behind him was noticeable even from a distance. Even the one manning Project Genesis had noticed; none other than the leader of the Fourth Order himself. Valk rapidly climbed the wooden stairs leading to the leader?s seat, easily dispatching any who got in his way, until finally he stood before the leader once again.
?The Varlerian is dead. Soon your power will debilitate, and Project Genesis will be no more!? Valk explained as he prepared his swords. ?So before this ends, tell me where Spinal is!?
?I know that you have killed the Varlerian Valk,? the leader replied calmly. ?And I am not readying Project Genesis for myself, but for you. Spinal is preparing to access the sky island, and I plan on getting you up there also.?
For a moment Valk stuttered. He had expected the leader to attack him again, like before, but now it seemed that he was going to help him.
?And how do you plan on doing that??
?Captain Spinal?s barrier is capable of resisting even the most powerful of blasts, and so, he has decided that he will use the Genesis beam to propel himself into the sky. The power you received from the Varlerian should be enough to defend against the blast also, and so if you make your way to the top of the cannon, I should be able to send you both up to the island.?
?And why should I believe you??
As Valk spoke, the leader began to pull numerous levers on a wooden stand in front of him. As he did so, veins of energy began to run along the weapon?s stone surface buzzing quietly.
?You do want to exact your revenge on Spinal don?t you? Then this is your only chance, for once he reaches the sky citadel he will not return.?
It took Valk a moment to consider his options, and though he could not trust the leader, he had nothing to lose. Perhaps he was trying to aid him. Without another word, he turned to face the base of the cannon and heaved himself up onto the top. It was diagonally pointing directly at the bottom of the floating island, and it?s beam was beginning to charge. He would have to hurry.
It took him only a minute to reach the tip of the weapon, where he now stood under the massive sphere, that almost blinded him with pure energy. In front of him was the gaping, and intimidating, barrel of the cannon, larger than he had imagined, much bigger than the fortress had made it seem. Looking down he could see the beam slowly accumulating power at the bottom. It was going to be activated soon, and if what he had been told was correct, then Spinal was waiting at the bottom to be launched.
?Well, I?ve come this far!? Valk shrugged as he focused his power. Around him, a dark, spherical barrier formed, and on the count of three, he leapt into the barrel. He had to shield his eyes from the blinding light as he fell, but even as he managed to open them only slightly, he saw the figure of Spinal waiting at the base.
?How?? The Captain bellowed angrily. But Valk was not given time to answer, as the cannon began to rumble and in an instant, the beam jumped out from under Spinal?s feet. For a moment, in the midst of the roaring energy, Valk felt as if he wasn?t moving, caught between the gravity of his fall, and the pure force of the rising beam. The sensation was soon gone, and as the blast overpowered the natural pull, he was launched, tumbling upwards, Spinal also at his side. In under a second they had left the cannon and were soaring above the field. The sight was spectacular, as the sun rose before them and bathed the blood-filled field beneath them. From the sky, Valk could see the crater where his home had been demolished, and endless mountain ranges capped with snow in the distance. But his view was interrupted by a sudden punch to the back of the head. Spinning around he saw Spinal facing him in the air, both of them spiralling randomly around each other, but held together by the connection of the two barriers. The beam had already passed them and had passed straight through the base of the island, but the blast had been that powerful, that both of them were still rising yet much slower.
?Interesting view don?t you think?? Valk grinned as the continued to approach the rock goliath of an island above them. Spinal merely grunted in response and punched Valk forcefully in the stomach. Neither of them able to dodge blows, they began to exchange punches and kicks wildly, blood spewing as each of them was internally injured. Against the citadel and the brightening sky, both of them were merely specks, only seen by the observing leader of the Fourth Order who watched intently from a stand near Project Genesis. Without expressing anything, he watched as his project?s shield faded away and cannon blasts began to strike the weapon. Bit by bit, it?s armour fell away and crushed those fighting beneath it. It?s form was slowly lost as it crumbled under the rain of unstoppable energy strikes until finally, with an incredible noise that deafened all in the area, it?s power source was stricken, and it imploded upon contact. In an incredible explosion, every man and woman fighting, every stone on the ground and blade of grass, even the fortress itself was shredded apart instantly. In it?s awe, Valk and Spinal stopped fighting to observe the damage being caused by the white blast, growing as if in slow motion, until finally it shrunk into nothing, leaving nothing behind except for a crater full of the remains of fighters, armour, and a once proud building. Valk turned back to his opponent to find that Spinal was still gaping in shock upon the scene, allowing Valk to take advantage.
?Looks like my time has finally come Captain Spinal, it?s been nice knowing you!? he said proudly as he clapped both of his hands together. From his fingertips leapt a streak of dark blue power that struck Spinal square in the chest, knocking him off his trajectory towards the island, and causing him to slam mortally into the stone base. As Valk sighed with relief he continued to rise silently through the hole cause by Project Genesis until eventually he emerged above the island. The sight was beautiful, with lush green grass growing across it?s surface, and in the centre, a garden or white marble pillars and flowers. In the middle was an incomparable fountain, supported in the air by a small cyclone, pouring water that was conducted artfully by what Valk presumed was also the power of wind. Behind it was the citadel itself, also formed by white marble, and gleaming in the glorious sunlight as the sun came into view behind it. Valk leaned forwards slightly and allowed himself to fall towards the garden, with the wind rushing past his ears, he prepared himself to land, and gracefully rolled through the grass as he came to a halt. Surprisingly, there were no guards, and so, following the marble path that lead up to the palace, he drew his blades. He had defeated Spinal, and that was all he had wanted to do. But if he wanted to leave the island, he would have to find Frakxuja somehow and force him to help. Making his way over to the door with nothing but the chirps of the birds reaching his ears, he didn?t notice on the edge of the island, a heavily injured Captain Spinal heaving himself onto the surface.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 14:49 Oct11 2007 Post ID: 1950263
King of Hell
+
Yay, it's longThumbs Up A few typos, but none that I can find now, because the chapter is so bigApplause I sense a fight between Vlak, and the Lord of the Sky... Coming soon, to a fan fiction near you. Keep it up. And although I don't like waiting, the length and quality of the chapter made up for it.

Cataclysm Posted: 12:40 Oct16 2007 Post ID: 1957096
Cataclysm
+
It wasn't that big.

New chaptar! Let's see if anyone can be really, really smart and spot the cameo here.

Chapter 16: Brawling

Surprisingly, the gates to Frakxuja?s enormous palace were unguarded. Its entire outer section was littered with cannons protruding from the walls, firing blasts of energy down at the survivors bellow like meteors across the sky. Valk calmly made his way to the entrance and pushed open the pair of white, marble doors, revealing behind them, a glittering city of the same material, and in its centre, a castle worthy of a king. Townsfolk were going about their lives normally despite the raging battle below, which thanks to the destruction of Project Genesis, was almost over. Each and every one was dressed in the same way; a white robe that reached their heels, crossed at the chest, with a silky shirt beneath. On their feet, they wore grey sandals that were silent as they pressed gently on the stone ground after each step. After a week of torturing, walking through blood filled sewers, fighting and revenge, Valk knew that he didn?t look or smell anything more than repulsive, and this was the first place he hadn?t been in any immediate danger in a while. He didn?t have to head straight for Frakxuja.
?Where about is the nearest tavern?? he asked gruffly as a townsman passed by. With a slight stare, the man pointed silently down at the end of the paved road. In plain view, at the end of the avenue, was a white building on a corner, and hanging outside, a wooden sign that read ?Cat?s Inn?. With a nod of thanks, Valk strolled over and pushed open the splintered door, only to find an atmosphere very different to the one outside. Everything was made of the same, unpolished wood, and the majority of it?s inhabitants wore the scruffiest robes Valk had seen in his minutes there. Insults and similar phrases were being shouted from one side of the room to another, and in a dark corner, Valk could just about make out two people fighting. He sighed disappointedly, but even he knew that this was better than nothing, and so, he walked over to the bar and pulled out a stool for himself, before sitting down and resting his head in his arms on the side.
?Want anything?? a deep voice suddenly asked as kindly as such a voice could sound. Startled, Valk looked up to see the barman in front of him. The man had long hair on the back of his head, and at the front, short, receded hair. Though not long, he had a thick black beard and on his cheek, a small scar. Unlike the others, he wore a black, open robe made of leather that stopped at his waist, and beneath that, a grey shirt. On his legs he wore a pair of baggy grey slacks that covered slightly his feet wrapped in a thick cloth.
?The strongest drink you?ve got!? Valk replied tiredly. ?And make it a big one!?
?Tough day mate?? the barman responded. ?I?ll get your drink in a sec, but I warn you, you might not be able to handle it.?
?Just get it!? Valk said with a wave of his hand. He deserved a drink once in a while, and if things kept going the way they had been, then it could be his last. Minutes later, the barman returned with a large wooden jug of bubbling black liquid.
?You don?t look like you?re from around here. Anyone who visits normally gets thrown right off, but I don?t care really. As long as you pay I?m fine.?
Valk smiled uneasily back at the man. He didn?t have anything to pay with, and he didn?t intend to find it either. With a shrug, he lifted the jug up to his mouth and began to guzzle the drink, only to spit it out coughing seconds later.
?What the **** is that?? Valk spluttered as the barman laughed along with a few other men nearby.
?That mate, is the strongest drink we have, just like you wanted!? he answered, before taking the drink back and downing it rapidly, followed by many cheers from the few others around them. ?I?ll get you something little weaker mate. But first, what?s your name? I know everyone around here, and I won?t let anyone I don?t know get ****** here!?
?Valk Kamazkasaythe,? Valk said, still coughing slightly from the liquid. ?And you??
?People around here call me Cataclysm!? the barman claimed proudly. On the rest of the stools, other men were nodding in agreement, whilst others took no notice.
?And why?s that?? Valk asked for the sake of conversation.
?Because of this!? Cataclysm answered as he disappeared under the bar. He then stood back up, and in both of his hands, held a strange weapon. At one end, was an unusually shaped hilt, and next to it, a small lever no bigger than a man?s finger. After the hilt was a stone suspended in the air by an electrical current that was held in place by some sort of transparent, hard material. And connected to the stone was a long barrel, similar to that pf a cannon, divided into many smaller barrels. Cataclysm held the weapon at his waist and aimed it at the brawling pair in the corner. Without hesitation, he pulled back the lever with one of his fingers and the main barrel began to spin, before releasing a shower of tiny, electrical blasts that shredded through both men and left them lifeless on the floor. ?That mate, is why!?
Valk was left shocked. In all his years he had never seen such a weapon used in combat, or even a prototype. And living in The Order?s stronghold, he got to see more than a few weapons under development.
?Where did you get that??
?My son made it for me,? Cataclysm explained with a sense of pride. ?He?s always developing some sort of crazy invention. It?s one of the reasons we were taken from our homes and made to live here. That damn Frakxuja is always forcing him to work.?
?So everyone here was abducted for some reason?? Valk asked as he raised his eyebrow. He hadn?t heard of any disappearances recently, and seeing as Frakxuja had only come into power a week or so ago, it was shocking to see he had already formed his own civilization.
?Yep. My son was taken because of his creations, but its not all that bad. Anyone taken is permitted to bring their families along, and we?re all given jobs and a place to live.?
?When did all this happen??
?About three months ago!?
Valk fell silent as Cataclysm answered him. The Lords had only come into power a week ago, which meant that everything had been prepared previously. Something wasn?t right. As he sat in thought for roughly fifteen minutes, he suddenly felt Cataclysm grab his shoulder and pull him over the bar.
?What?s the matter with you? Let me go!? Valk ordered as he fell behind the bar and was pushed against the floor.
?Stay down! Frakxuja?s guards are here. If they find you, you?ll be thrown off the island like any other intruder!?
Both of them listened intently as the entire inn began to fall into an uncomfortable silence. After seconds later they could clearly here the voices of Frakxuja?s men.
?Captain Spinal of the Fourth Order has gained access to the citadel!? one of the three announced loudly with ferocity. ?One anonymous member of our community has reported a non member coming here. Anyone who may have any information or is hiding him, speak up now!?
?I thought you said your name was Valk,? Cataclysm said gruffly to the hidden man.
?I am. I killed the Captain before reaching the island. He can?t be here!?
?Let me take care of this!? Cataclysm answered. Leaving Valk on the floor, he stood up and poured a drink for all three guards, dressed equally as the others but with silver plates lining their chest, arms and legs over the robes. ?How can I help you three?? he asked with a friendly tone.
?An intruder came in here. Where is he barman??
?There?s no intruder here,? he chuckled. ?Just the regulars I?m afraid.?
In response, all three guard raised their hands and allowed a jet of white energy to stream from their palms, striking Cataclysm in the torso and knocking him forcefully into the drink?s rack behind him. Angered, Cataclysm picked up his weapon once again and flicked a switch on top before pulling the trigger. As he did so, a whirring noise echoed through the bar as the weapon charged up, before letting loose an incredibly large blast of electrical force that shredded through the bar, knocking two regulars over, and slammed into his attackers. That had been the cue. All of a sudden, the entire bar roared into a riot and began to attack the three guards. With ease, Frakxuja?s men parried every blow thrown at them, returning the attacks with punches that knocked the drunken men flying into anything nearby. Cataclysm was still firing blasts from the floor, swearing furiously as his customers constantly got in the weapon?s path and were fried upon contact. Before long, the entire building was full of almost nothing but dead bodies, spilt drinks and destroyed furniture. The guards had defeated them all, and had not even been scratched. If the ones that had attacked the Order?s fortress had been as strong, Valk didn?t know how the Order could have stood a chance.
?Bastards!? Cataclysm bellowed as he held the weapon?s trigger down as hard as he could. Doing so, it began to emit a bleeping noise that even the guards knew could be dangerous, but it was too late. The electrical current ran painfully through Cataclysm, yet still he held on, until finally, a blinding jet left its barrel. Seeing how powerful it was, two of the guards swiftly grabbed their companion and through him in the way over the blast?s trajectory before leaping aside. Valk took the chance to jump out of his hiding place, drawing his swords as he rolled out in front of Cataclysm. By the time he had done so, the other?s were already back on their feet.
?Captain Spinal. You must come with us to Lord Frakxuja or face the penalty of death! Lower your weapons!?
?Sure!? Valk replied with a smirk. ?As soon as I?ve run them both through your skulls.?
Both guards took a step forwards and raised their hands defensively. Around them, a soft cyclone began to form, intensifying as it twirled faster and faster. Muttering under their breaths, they both advanced towards Valk until he couldn?t escape.
?Give up now Captain Spinal!?
?I?m not Captain Spinal!? Valk answered softly before leaping into action ferociously. He targeted the guard to his left and jumped through the air, his sword aimed directly at his head, but before it could be impaled, he was carried away by the tornado and thrown across the room, into a broken table. Groaning painfully, Valk stood back up and held his katana horizontally, before leaning back and throwing like a boomerang. As it sliced through the air towards his previous target, he gathered energy in his palm and allowed an orb of magic power to leave his grasp. It connected with the blade and sent it spinning uncontrollably into the guard?s defence. As it span around the man, the sword also spun, shredding through his arms and torso until eventually, the men fell to his knees, along with the katana. Valk smiled and ran at the weakened man, only to find a flurry of white blasts being hurled towards him. Drawing his other sword, he slashed at each projectile accurately, disintegrating them before they could strike his body. When they finally stopped, he jumped straight at the floored man, but did not attack. Instead, he allowed himself to be caught in the cycling wind, and let himself go once he was facing the other guard. Now flying through the air, he held out his blade and was thrown through his victim?s cyclone, the sword impaling the man through the head. The main threat had been killed, leaving only the weakened warrior on the floor.
?Get him!? he heard Cataclysm cough. Unsure who he was talking about, Valk turned around quickly, only to find that the guard had vanished, leaving only Cataclysm slumped against the wall. Safe for now, Valk ran over to the barman and kneeled at his side.
?Where did he go Cataclysm? Do you know??
?He most probably returned to Frakxuja. You?ll have the entire island after you now. You?d be better leaving as soon as possible!?
Valk nodded and stood up. He couldn?t just leave a floating island. He would need to ground it somehow, which is why he needed to find Frakxuja as soon as possible. He had nothing against Spartzan anymore, so conflict could be avoided. He then walked over to where the grounded guard had been, leaning down for his katana but when he felt nothing he swore under his breath. Someone had taken it.
?Thanks for the help.? Valk muttered to Cataclysm as he made his way over to the destroyed doors. But before he could leave, he heard the barman call him back.
?You?re heading for the palace right? The can I ask you a favour??
?Go ahead. But if I can?t do anything about it, then you?ll have to do it yourself.?
?My son, he?s been trapped there since we arrived, along with all the others. They?ve all been kept there to study something. I don?t know what it is, but please free my son. I don?t want him to come and see me in a coffin.? Cataclysm asked, spluttering blood between each sentence, each word costing him a great deal of strength.
?Come and see you?? Valk said sympathetically. Cataclysm had begun to stand up weakly, and blood was dripping uncontrollably from his body. As he shakily balanced himself on his two feet, Valk smiled and nodded. In his state, Cataclysm wasn?t fit to last even more than a few minutes. ?I understand. I?ll try my best!?
?Thanks mate.? The injured barman responded, giving Valk a thumbs up as he left. The moment Valk took a few steps out of the door; he heard a heavy thud come from inside the building and then silence. The sun was now beaming in the sky, and the streets were full of citizen?s each one staring uneasily at the inn. Ignoring them, Valk looked at the floor and focused on what he saw. Leading away from the bar and towards the palace was a trail of bloody footprints. As he followed them with his eyes, his sight soon met a horizontal line of guards advancing towards him down the street. If he planned on reaching Frakxuja, he would need more than a lot of luck.

Notes:
Yes, I cameoed myself, deal with it.
For pure reasons of publicity, I'll be cameoing any regular reviewers of this fic.
Ha! Still no fight against the Sky Lord!

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Oct 16th 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 15:12 Oct16 2007 Post ID: 1957255
King of Hell
+
Yay, Cat cameo! But that still doesn't compensate for a lack of Lord of Sky battle *Gives Cat a death stare*. Oh well. Cool new weapon, and I sense either a Sotek cameo, or myself... It's a 50/50 chance for either of us... Anyway, a few typos, and a couple of messed up sentences, both of which are lost in a mass of electriclyy powered guns and a barfight, along with a semi-peacfull dictatored floating island. Good job, keep it up and keep me posted!Thumbs Up

Cataclysm Posted: 01:21 Oct17 2007 Post ID: 1957848
Cataclysm
+
Messed up sentenced? Where?
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 19:20 Oct17 2007 Post ID: 1958643
King of Hell
+
"Seeing as Frakxuja had only come into power a week or so ago, it was shocking to see he had already formed his own civilization.
?Yep. My son was taken because of his creations, but its not all that bad. Anyone taken is permitted to bring their families along, and we?re all given jobs and a place to live.?
?When did all this happen??
?About three months ago!?
Valk fell silent as Cataclysm answered him. The Lords had only come into power a week ago, which meant that everything had been prepared previously. Something wasn?t right." Well, for one, that massive peice I just copied and pasted is semi-redundant, because you say that the Lords have just come to power like, twice in the same chunk. I think thats the only one, but I'm not sure.Thumbs Up Awaiting next chapter! (and cameo)

« Last edited by King of Hell on Oct 17th 2007 »

Sotek Posted: 13:06 Oct19 2007 Post ID: 1960303
Sotek
+
Pretty good chapters there, and i predict that next chapter will involve NO fight with that Frakxuja guy. It can't be that easy to get into the Sky King's palace, right? Especially if everyone thinks that you're a murdering git rather than a... well, a different murdering git. Looking forward to it!

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
Cataclysm Posted: 12:15 Oct22 2007 Post ID: 1964524
Cataclysm
+
And God said... thou shalt read fic!

Chapter 17: Deadly Alliance

?Where did he go? Spinal has to be around here somewhere!?
As Frakxuja?s personally guards scanned the streets frantically for any sign of the intruder, Valk had run back into Cat?s Inn. As he had suspected, Cataclysm now lay motionless on the floor, with his weapon at his side.
?Well, two weapons is better than one,? Valk said simply as he bent down and picked it up from the floor. Grasping it?s hilt, he muttered his thanks to the corpse on the floor and headed back for the door. He would have to go back outside sometime, because if they caught him in the bar, it would be him against more or less twenty opponents, closed in a small space. ?I guess its show time!? Valk gasped as he flexed his muscles. In his right hand was the blood inscribed sword, and in his left, Cataclysm?s thunder cannon, still buzzing with electricity after its last overcharge.
Step by step, Valk slowly emerged from the building and raised the gun. It didn?t take long for the guards long to notice him outside the door, and immediately began to foolishly charge at him. Standing on the spot, Valk took careful aim at the nearest head he could see coming towards him, and fired. With not time to react, the guard?s head was completely demolished by the jolt, spraying a shower of unpleasant claret across the floor and many civilians. For a moment, the entire street was silent, mostly everyone stopped, staring down at the body on the floor as blood and several other strange, silver liquids leaked from the neck. The moment then ended, and with a horrifying scream, the entire area converted into a zone of chaos. Amongst the crowds of fleeing men and women, the guards could no longer see Valk. Now was his time to escape.
?Find him!? ordered a guard dressed in heavier silver armour, and an inhuman amount of black hair trailing from his head. Unlike the others, he was equipped with a weapon, a large hammer of incredible proportions across his back. ?Spinal was sent here by the Fourth Order for our Lord. If he gets anywhere near Frakxuja it will be our necks!? he continued, whilst at the same time, Valk darted past his side in the same direction as the palace.
?Sir, he just ran right past you!? stuttered another guard pointing in the direction of Valk?s path.
?Then get after him you fool!? the guard that seemed to be the leader roared, slamming his hammer into the ground out of anger and smashing several tiles apart. As his lowers ran past him, following their target, he made his way over to the headless corpse in the road, pushing apart any that got in his way. Compared to the regular citizens around him he was enormous, almost matching Captain Spinal after his freakish transformation. ?Ascend to the heavens,? he muttered as he raised his free hand out before him. Following his movements, a strong gust wind began to flow through the street and seemed to focus itself around the body. Slowly it began to rise through the air, hovering higher and higher until it was a mere speck in the sky. ?The Gears have decided that your time has come.?

?They just don?t stop!? Valk spat he turned to face his pursuers. He had now reached a small alley, made with the same glistening white stone as the rest of the floating island?s citadel. Waiting half way down, he fired a charged shot from the cannon as a number of guards came into view. Not suspecting Valk?s attack, they were disintegrated instantly, only to reveal another three behind. ?Three of you are down!? Valk roared as the came. ?Do you really think another three is going to provide much of a challenge??
The guards halted in a horizontal line and extended their arms to their sides. As Valk stared at them, confused by their actions, they slammed their hands together, sending a powerful shockwave through the alley that shook the buildings and knocked Valk off his feet and on to the floor.
?You won?t reach our lord Captain Spinal!? hissed one with determination. As the three drew nearer, Valk leapt back up and began to charge another jet of electricity. The guards had caught onto his tactic, and ran directly at Valk the moment he finger pressed the trigger. As they ran, Valk stepped aside and stretched out his leg, effectively tripping one over. Whilst his victim fell through the air, he slashed downwards with his sword, decapitating the guard mercilessly. His attempts were followed by another guard attacking from behind by firing a large sphere of white energy. Valk retaliated by spinning around, and as the attack came in contact with the blade, it shattered, leaving Valk open to run at the mage with his sword in hand, piercing him through the chest.
?Just one left now!? Valk smirked as he span back around to the face the last guard. With his finger still pressed against the trigger, he held the gun straight up at the last guard and made his way over. ?And you might just survive? if you tell me how to get to the palace from here.? The guard looked back hopelessly, checking to see if any reinforcements had arrived. There were none, and so, he fearfully pointed towards the end of the alley.
?Follow this path to the end. It will take you to the main road, a large street that leads directly to the palace.?
?Thank you.? Valk smiled, now holding the weapon under the man?s neck. Graciously he kicked the guard in the back of the legs and threw him to the floor before making his way down the alley. Once he was nearly at the end, he heard a voice come from behind him.
?Captain Sotek will hear about this, Spinal!? the guard coughed as he stood up. ?Don?t you worry.?
?Worry?? Valk replied. ?Who?s worrying? If you mean by that enormous one with the hair and the hammer before when you say Sotek, I?m still not worrying, because even as a competent opponent, he won?t find out!?
As the guard stared at Valk with a puzzled expression, Valk aimed the weapon and let loose the trigger, firing an incredible blast through the alley that rattled the walls fiercely. Unable to dodge it, the guard screamed as the blast struck him, and wiped his body from the slabs beneath his feet. Without taking another look back, Valk stepped out of the alley and into the gleaming main road of the island. The sun was now directly above him, piercing the few clouds that there were and illuminating the entire area. Lush gardens sat outside every identical building that lined the sides of the street, and for once, Valk found himself admiring the beauty of the area he was in.
?You should be worrying!? said a gruff voice from behind Valk as he gaped in awe at the incredible palace.
?****!? he sighed as he span around. The one who had spoken was none other than the guard?s captain who he had seen earlier. Now that he saw him in person, he could honestly say that this Captain was a lot larger than Spinal in height and broadness, that Valk presumed was the work of Frakxuja?s magic. ?So, I take it you?re Sotek then.?
?That?s Captain Sotek to somebody like you!? Sotek exclaimed as he brushed the forest of hair away from his eyes, revealing a gaunt face littered with scars, and an eye covered by a black patch. In a second the hair fell back into place, only allowing Valk to see the gleam of his green eye and the forms of a human face behind the thin curtain of hair. ?But, now that I?ve seen you, I must admit, I expected more from the Order?s very own Captain Spinal.?
?Well then, lucky me. I?m not Spinal!? Valk shrugged. ?And I have nothing against Frakxuja anymore, so I suppose you can just let me go!?
?Then what is that tattoo on your hand?? Sotek asked with a fierce curiosity. Valk looked down at his left hand and swore as he saw the flame tattoo lining the bottom of his thumb and a small part of his hand, the mark of the Order.
?I left the Order,? Valk answered, desperately trying to sound convincing. ?I came here after Spinal myself. He?s dead now, so if you don?t mind, I would like to leave this island.?
?Captain Spinal, dead?? Sotek blurted out. ?Impossible. We have reports from the highest levels that he is on this island. So if you are not him, then where is he??
Valk fell silent from a moment, looking down at the ground and hoping that an answer would come to him. It did look suspicious, a member of the Order, a sworn enemy of Spartzan, on the very island that belonged to one of his main forces. If he really had been a regular member of the Order then he would have been destroyed in the blast. Only new recruits of the Fourth Order had been left alive.
?Is someone looking for me?? came a familiar voice from behind Sotek. Valk looked up and swore under his breath whilst Sotek smirked in the presence of Spinal.
?So you are here, Captain Spinal? And this man here was just telling me that you were dead,? he said, pointing at Valk. ?Though confusing, I guess I will have to just kill you both. That way I can?t go wrong!?
?That has its logic,? Spinal retaliated. ?But the question is, can you kill us both??
Spinal then threw an incredibly powerful punch into Sotek?s stomach, knocking Frakxuja?s main guard backwards but not onto the floor. It seemed Spinal had recovered from his previous injuries already. ?Well, aren?t you going to help?? the Order?s captain said to Valk as he began to step back away from the two brawling goliaths.
?Help you? Don?t you want to kill me??
?The more opponents I have to contend with the more difficult this will be. And I don?t see Sotek offering you an alliance. I?m only giving you the easiest option.?
Valk stood on the spot for a moment in thought. Sotek was now trudging back over to Spinal, cracking the ground with each step. He would have to make a decision soon.
?You?ll pay for that Spinal!? Sotek roared as he drew back his fist, before lunging forwards and delivering a crunching blow to Spinal?s jaw. It appeared Spinal had been expecting an attack, and retaliated by lifting his knee and diving with it into Sotek?s stomach. The winded man then took the hammer from his back, and slammed it into Spinal?s back as the Fourth Order?s captain attempted to withdraw himself from his last blow. The hammer connected, and knocked his awesome bulk to the ground with a thundering crash. ?And now to fulfil my duty.?
As Sotek raised his hammer into the air, a splash of blood sprayed into his face, followed by his weapon, and arm, falling from his shoulder and dropping to the floor. Valk touched down gracefully on the ground and turned back around to face Sotek, after leaping through the air and slashing through his arm.
?Spinal knows how to make a proposition!? Valk shrugged as he aimed his gun at Sotek and fired a flurry of shots into his torso, knocking him back a few steps and giving Spinal a chance to heave himself back up.
?Thanks for that,? Spinal muttered as he grasped the floored hammer and ripped the clinging arm away. Dropping it onto the floor, he placed one foot on it and crushed it under his immense weight. ?He won?t be using that again.?
?Lord Frakxuja must be warned!? Sotek spat as he raised his arm and his severed stump into the air. ?You haven?t heard the last of me. And I?ll be having that back too!? As he said so, a white beam surged from the palace at an incredible speed, rushing down and enveloping his entire body, and the hammer that Spinal held in his hands. In an flash, they both disappeared, and given by the fact that the curved beams were now returning to a palace balcony, Valk could only guess that that was where he had gone. With a sigh he turned back around, and was reminded that Spinal was still there.
?I?m too tired to fight you Spinal. Can?t it wait until tomorrow??
Spinal smirked and placed his incredible hand on Valk?s shoulder, almost crushing him under the weight alone.
?We don?t have to fight right now. We are both headed for the same place. I?m going for Frakxuja to kill him, and you?re going to force him to help you off this place. I don?t see any convenience in killing you now. Things would just be harder so we can sort out our differences later. What do you say Valk Kamazkasaythe??
Valk looked up at his eight foot tall, former Captain. Despite the hatred that burned inside him towards the man, he could see his point. With a nod, he extended his bloody hand out towards Spinal, which was then shaken by the other.
?Once Frakxuja is down, we?ll continue our little conflict. But for now, we fight side by side. Prepare yourself for one hell of a fight Valk. Frakxuja is not to be taken lightly!?

Come on, who can spot the extremely well hidden cameo?
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 14:36 Oct22 2007 Post ID: 1964716
King of Hell
+
I dunno... Seems pretty tough. Inhuman amount of hair... A weird egyptian sounding name... [sarcasm]Which one of your two current readers could that be?[/sarcasm] Okay, since I want a virtual muffin, and you won't give me one if I give the answer in blindingly obvious sarcasm tags, it's Sotek. Good chapter, and it's only fair that he gets the cameo first since he's the newly appointed mod. Congrats Sotek, by the way. Yay giant hammers, new weapon for our anti-hero, unlikly alliances, etc. Waiting for moreThumbs Up

Cataclysm Posted: 06:55 Oct23 2007 Post ID: 1965984
Cataclysm
+
Sotek took the hammer with him when he left. And, I never promised any virtual muffins.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Sotek Posted: 13:26 Oct23 2007 Post ID: 1966318
Sotek
+
Sotek's not an egyptian sounding name. It's lizardman. Also, it'm my fic that has virtual muffins.

Good chapter, and yay for my cameo! Apparently I have a giant hammer now... Next point, Why is Valk teaming up with Spinal? I'd just have let me kill him, and headed for the palace while thet were busy.

Cataclysm Posted: 14:56 Oct23 2007 Post ID: 1966400
Cataclysm
+
Because Valk is smart, and knows that whoever wins will be after him in a shot. Plus, I wanted to give them an excuse to fight together for a while, before ripping the hell out of one another.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 14:58 Oct25 2007 Post ID: 1969336
King of Hell
+
Since Cat has the last post, and I want a chapter: BUMP!

Cataclysm Posted: 11:34 Oct29 2007 Post ID: 1974359
Cataclysm
+
And a new chapter you shall have, enjoy it, love it, savour it's beauty!

Actually, I don't really like this one. But meh, you people might.

Chapter 18: Deception

Both Valk and Spinal had only been walking for a few minutes towards the palace until the frightened civilians began to leave their homes again. As men, women and children all stared at the pair of scarred warriors making their way to Frakxuja?s stronghold; none noticed the miniscule flashes of pure white light lining the incredible castle?s battlements. Not even Valk or the captain, who were both observing the unguarded doors that blocked their way at the palace?s entrance. The building itself was immense and totally white save for numerous gold window frames and statues that littered its surface. One wall surrounded the entire area in a perfect square, and above it were three spires uneven in both height and location. Each of them were connected by many complex bridges of marble that extended into the main building also.
?Before we fight Frakxuja, can you answer a few questions?? Valk said grimly to the one accompanying him along the shimmering road.
?Go ahead. Until this is over, I have nothing against you.?
?Why did you abandon the Third Order? You told me that everything that happened to me had been planned, but by who, and why??
?I didn?t abandon it. I evolved it. That man, if he is a man, which you met back at our fortress. He has been pulling our strings for many years now. At first no one listened, but he showed us power beyond that of which we had ever seen, and told us that we could finally defeat Spartzan, instead of failing time after time again. His intention was to have you imprisoned and tortured, and though he never gave us a reason we listened to him and followed blindly. Eventually you were released and he never said a word about you from that moment on. Then, one day he told us all of a sudden that our main weapon, the Varlerian, would be killed. And she was, by you. More or less then, the magma portals began to malfunction and the entire cave began to flood over. With that man, we escaped and were taken to the fortress, where we found that he had been developing Project Genesis. All we did was wait after that, until he ordered Neecrow out into the fields and back to the exit, where he found you. He was told before leaving that he might not survive, and unsurprisingly, he was killed. Everything happened just as he said it would. So we continued to listen, until later that day he told us our involvement with you Valk, was complete, and that we were no longer necessary. Instead of taking care of us ourselves, he fired Genesis, knowing fully well that Frakxuja?s forces would come soon after. After that, he told me that the only way to survive was to gain access to Frakxuja and kill him myself. Of course, I fought back against him, but he merely told me that to live I had to come here, and so I did. That?s it!?
Valk exhaled deeply as he took in all that he had been told. Whoever this man was, he knew a lot about him, and seemed very close to him. Just as he stopped in thought, the truth struck him.
?What did you do with Cyanite when you came to recollect me and Neecrow, Spinal?? Spinal stopped also and turned around to face Valk sternly. His expression was puzzled, proving what Valk presumed further.
?Cyanite? He wasn?t there. We were never told that he was with you. Why??
?The only times I have ever seen your leader has been when Cyanite hasn?t been with me. I also tried to slash through him in the fortress, and he was unaffected, just like Cyanite for being under the life curse. It?s him!?
?That bald headed *****?? Spinal half chuckled. ?He doesn?t have the power or the brains to do something like this. Anyway, Project Genesis was completely destroyed, and only those furthest away could have survived. The leader was right under the bloody thing!?
?And Cyanite is under the life curse. He would have survived with no troubles. And he was next to me the whole time!?
Before Spinal could reply, a sudden shadow swept across the entire area, causing the citizens to look to the sky in horror. Looking upwards, they saw a shower of arrows being fired from every palace battlement, completely blocking out the sun and causing hopelessness to run throughout the main street as they fell.
?****!? Spinal shouted before rapidly summoning a shield around him. Valk followed suit and did the same. With both of them protected, the arrows merely disintegrated against their dark spheres, but the others weren?t so lucky. As both Valk and Spinal ploughed through the flurry of projectiles, the rest of the people running desperately were mercilessly shredded apart by the soulless weapons raining heavily from the sky. By the time the two shielded warriors were near the doors, a flood of human blood had filled the road with hundreds of innocent corpses dotting its surface. Beneath the island, villagers gasped in awe as the island floated above them, with blood flowing over it?s edges and raining upon them bit by bit.
?They?re stopping!? Spinal pointed out as the arrows began to lessen. A short time later, they finally ended completely, leaving the path to the doors empty.
?Don?t get your hopes up,? Valk said as he looked around cautiously. ?I don?t think they?ve given up just yet.? As he finished his sentence, the men lining the palace disappeared once again, and then, a blinding flash lit up the street, blinding all still alive. Valk already knew what to expect, and when he finally lowered his hands from his eyes, he sighed in the presence of at least thirty robed men. Without saying a word, Spinal roared and charged shoulder first into the sea of mages, spells of white energy shattering his shield and ripping through his body, yet he did not stop. With a swing of his colossal arms, bones were cracked and bodies were sent flying into buildings. In midst of his fury, one mage leapt onto his back and began to crawl up to his head, drawing a knife from inside his clothing.
?Get inside the palace!? Spinal roared as he threw a further five men aside. ?I?ll catch up!? With a nod, Valk also ran into the crowd, but instead of fighting, ducked through the arms and legs around him, heading directly for the doors. A minute later he emerged on the other side and the foot of a set of stairs. As he made his way up, he sensed he was being followed, and turning around he saw three guards that had left the group facing Spinal to follow him. None speaking, Valk ran back down and slashed horizontally with his sword whilst maintaining the gun held towards another. Firing the weapon, his target?s body was immediately demolished, yet his blade was then launched from his grasp by an elemental spell. As he attempted to grab hold of it with his other hand, his gun also fell, leaving him unarmed.
?You honestly believe I need those?? Valk asked furiously, not wishing to leave himself undefended by bending down to collect them. Two more elemental spells began to charge in the mage?s hands. Valk merely smirked and held a sphere of dark energy in each hand, waiting for them to make the first move, which they did. As the white magic was launched at him, he let loose a beam of power from each hand, colliding with both and piercing the spells straight through the centre. His beams then continued, until finally they both reached the wind mages, striking them in the chest and leaving them to both fall to the ground, dead. Valk sighed and bent down to recollect his weapons. The others seemed too preoccupied with Spinal, who was still putting up a good fight, and so without hesitation Valk turned back around and made his way to the doors. To his surprise they were unlocked, allowing him to enter the building and gain access to one of the grandest halls he had ever seen. On the far side of the room was a staircase that broke off into two half way up and lead to a balcony that lined the second floor of the room. Pillars guided the way up to the stairs symmetrically with a red carpet between them all. After a mere moment of wordless gaping, Valk regained his senses and ran towards the stairs before climbing them and reaching the balcony. If Frakxuja was anywhere, he would be in the centre.

?Die mother fuckers!? Spinal roared as he swung his fists wildly around him. The one that had climbed to his head had managed to pierce a small hole in his skull, before being grabbed by both hands and crushed with simple strength and tossed aside. Now, he was infuriated, and was demolishing anything that came in contact with him. The body count had now increased to more or less and fifty, and Spinal showed no sign of slowing and more and more spells tore at him, tearing his flesh from his bones, only to seal up seconds later. Scars were growing every second, and splashing his blood uncontrollably over his opponents leaving nobody clean. Apart from the screech of spells and the shouts of the guards, all that could be heard was the horrifying crunch of fist on bone as skulls and ribs alike were smashed by Spinal?s pure strength. Occasionally he summoned a shield to buy him precious healing time, but each was defeated by continuous spells that never stopped. As another jumped onto his back, one of his allies spells struck him in the back and knocked him onto the floor, followed by another who grabbed Spinal around the neck and attempted to twist it. As he did so, one of Spinal?s enormous fists slammed into his side and practically broke them man in half as his muscles gave way. At that moment, numerous spells struck Spinal in the left leg, causing him to lose balance. With his knee shattered, he fell onto the other and continued to slam those before him. Yet another flurry of concentrated energy blasts collided with his right arm, severing it and completely removing it from the shoulder.
?**** you Cyanite!? he bellowed fiercely as he summoned yet another shield around his dying body. This time, it did not collapse, as he maintained it constantly by flooding energy into it from his remaining palm, veins straining in every part of his body as he summoned his strength together. With one final shout that rattled the foundations of the city around him, the sphere began to grow rapidly, consuming and disintegrating all in its radius, until finally, only Spinal remained. ?I?ll live until I have the chance to kill you for this!? he gasped, each word being pronounced slowly syllable by syllable. Standing up, he limped towards the open doors, and pushed them open. As much as he hated Cyanite now, he had been right about everything and had never lied. To survive, he would have to kill Frakxuja himself.

Valk had been exploring the palace for at least thirty minutes, and after interrogating the few remaining guards he had finally found the entrance to Frakxuja?s throne room. Fortunately, he had not encountered Sotek as of yet, and was now standing outside a pair of marble doors with his weapons drawn. After a moment, of hesitation, he pushed open both doors and walked into the room, which was more impressive than the main hall. Golden statues of Frakxuja himself dotted the walls in many poses, each one floating, held up by a small cyclone at its bottom. From the ceiling dangled diamond chandeliers, with elemental light illuminating each of their many transparent sections. In the centre was a golden throne with hovering white steps leading up to it, and in it?s seat, was Frakxuja. Like the others, he wore a white robe, yet his was different. Along the sleeves and at the waist were silver inscriptions that Valk presumed meant something, but right then, he couldn?t care. He was intently focusing on the man staring back at him. Frakxuja was old, and judging by his appearance was older than sixty. His entire head was bald, whilst at the back he had extremely long, silver hair that was perfectly straight and reached the back of his legs. On each hand he wore a set of silver gauntlets that reached his elbows and glowed with pure elemental energy, and on his back, now folded, were four angelic wings. At the side of the throne was a white staff, that shined with a sky blue aura, and on the other side, was Sotek, glaring at Valk as he clutched his shoulder?s stump.
?I apologise for not welcoming you properly,? Frakxuja said slowly. His voice was weak, and his age showed, yet a certain air of power rand through Valk?s ears. ?But, who are you?? Valk continued to approach the throne, still gripping both weapons tightly.
?I am Valk Kamazkasaythe,? Valk answered defiantly. ?I came to your island in search of Captain Spinal, hoping to kill him, just as you intend to do now. I have left him at the hands of your guards, and now, all I ask is if you could allow me to leave??
?And where do you wish to go child?? Frakxuja asked. Valk hadn?t expected such an answer, from such a powerful man. ?Here, I may take you anywhere.?
?He?s lying Lord!? Sotek butted in. ?Look at his hand. He bears the mark. He has sworn to face Spartzan with his life, and he comes for you!?
?Is this true son?? Frakxuja said to Valk with a sad expression. ?I do not have long left on this world. And you have already taken my descendant?s arm. Must you make me suffer more??
?I only want to get off this damn-?
?Enough!? the old man ordered with a strange strength. ?I would never ignore my own son, and you do bear the mark. I feel forced to defend myself. Sotek will aid me, for you are obviously powerful to have defeated my men,? he nodded as he stood up from his throne. With surprising speed, he gracefully made his way down the steps and outstretched his right arm, summoning the staff from its place at the throne and grasping it tightly. As he continued to walk, Valk?s own katana slowly began to form in his other wrinkled hand until finally it became solid. At that point Frakxuja stopped, with Sotek now standing at his side. ?And I see you have the barman?s weapon. So he has sent you to release the slaves. That will not happen. Lord Spartzan needs them to research the Gears. You will not leave this palace alive!?

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Oct 29th 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Displaying Page 3 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close