Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Gears of Destiny

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Sotek Posted: 12:12 Oct29 2007 Post ID: 1974385
Sotek
Post Likes: 0
+
This fic is actually getting better you know. From that middle section I assume that Cyanite really is the leader of the fourth order, despite spinal's claims, right? Also, if Valk kills Frakxuja with his sword, will he get cool wings?

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Cataclysm Posted: 12:33 Oct29 2007 Post ID: 1974400
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
I think it's getting better becasue I've decided to chuck much fighting in to the mix.

About the wings, yes, he will.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 12:36 Oct29 2007 Post ID: 1974403
King of Hell
+
Wow. Okay, so Cyanite is the leader of the fourth order, we now know where Sotek gets his really long hair from, and Frakxuja can take people's weapons with literally no effort. I'm really anxious to find out exactly how powerfull he is. In my opinion, he woulda sounded cooler if he had Xehanort style hair from Kingdom Hearts 2, but thats okay. And yes, wings should sprout from Vlak's back the second Fakxuja's heart is stabbed by Vlak's uber-sword. How do you pronounce it anyway? I've been thinking "Frax-ju-ya" for some odd reason. Wow, you have a way with really weird names.

Cataclysm Posted: 12:45 Oct29 2007 Post ID: 1974408
Cataclysm
+
It's because I'm cool like that. It's pronounced like this:

Frak - su - ja
Or
Frak - zu - ja

Not as hard as you thought heh?

Oh, and when did I say Valk would win? Sotek asked: "if Valk kills Frakxuja with his sword, will he get cool wings?"

Numerous turnouts of this situation:

1. Valk kills him with the sword and gets wings
2. Valk kills him with the gun and doesn't get wings
3. Valk is defeated and doesn't get wings
4. Sotek kills Frakxuja for some reason, so Valk doesn't get wings
5. Spinal arives and somehow manages to kill Frakxuja, Valk doesn't get wings
6. Valk dies and the fic ends, he doesn't get wings
7. The island gets blown up, no one has wings
8. I forget this fic and Valk never even begins the fight, so he doesn't get wings
9. Some other I can't think of, but he doesn't get wings

See how smarterly I was when I answered his question?

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Oct 29th 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 13:13 Oct29 2007 Post ID: 1974423
King of Hell
+
Shut up Cat :P. I want the first oneSmile. Number 2 is impossible because you wouldn't do that. Swords own guns, so Vlak will use his sword. Number 3 is not possible, because Vlak is the protagonist, and protagonists never lose. Number 4... Fair enough, I always thought he was suspicious, due to the name. Number 5 is unlikely, and results in Vlak not getting wings, so I'm in denial. Number 6 is impossible, because you've planned this fic for 7 parts. Number 7 and 8 and 9 will result in me killing you with a sword, thus I'll get wings... Can I ask when a new chapter will be produced? And you need a better advertising campaign... The only reason a president gets elected is because of his advertising campaign.

Cataclysm Posted: 13:25 Oct29 2007 Post ID: 1974430
Cataclysm
+
If I shut up, there will be no new chapters.

New chapter in a few days. And I can guarantee that that one of the nine possible things will happen. Which? I lieave that to your imagination until I post the next chapter.

Who can guess the name of the next chapter? The clue is in the last two chapter names.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 14:52 Oct30 2007 Post ID: 1975704
King of Hell
+
BUMP. Since I need to have at least 3 words, the rest of this sentence should suffice. New Chapter!

Cataclysm Posted: 13:51 Oct31 2007 Post ID: 1976710
Cataclysm
+
Not to brag, but this, in my opinion, is the best chapter I have written. Enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it, please, and post your opinions.

Chapter 19: Armageddon

Spinal slowly limped through the marble halls of the magnificent palace, bloody footprints marking his passage as he heaved himself along. Most of his injuries had already sealed themselves up, but the pain remained. With each gradual pace made, a wave of anguish swept through him, almost forcing him to collapse each time. Having no idea where Valk was he could only explore everywhere he could, which mostly only applied to the first floor, for the pain was too great to allow him to climb stairs.
?Where?s he got to?? Spinal grumbled as clutched the stump on his shoulder. Not matter how much magic ran through his veins he couldn?t replace a full limb. All he could do was seal it and stop the incredible gushing of blood that follows any loss of the sort. As he dragged his injured leg along, he gradually felt the shattered bones within being healed, and as he did so his strength returned. Sometime soon he would be ready to fight once again. But for now, all he could do was search.

In Frakxuja?s throne room, Valk drew his sword and took hold of the thunder cannon. With a slow flap of all four, crossed wings, the Sky Lord raised himself slightly into the air raised both the staff and the katana defensively. At his side was Sotek, with his one remaining arm clutching the enormous golden hammer. Valk gulped and immediately ran aside, taking refuge behind one of the many pillars. He didn?t know what Frakxuja was capable of, but he had seen Sotek in battle for only a moment, and didn?t want to take any chances. As he leaned against the pillar and breathed deeply, he heard the heavy steps of Sotek running towards his position, only to stop when they grew close. Without warning, the head of the hammer came smashing horizontally through the white pillar, destroying it easily and raining debris down upon Valk as he rolled away, immediately using another pillar to hide. Once again, he heard Sotek running at him, but he was ready this time. Once the steps came to a halt, Valk spun around and jumped out from behind his stone refuge, letting loose a flurry of electric blasts from the cannon into Sotek?s chest. When his target was finally stunned by the shots, he drew his sword in mid air and raised it above his head with both hands, preparing to bring it down through Sotek?s skull. Before the blow could connect, he felt an incredible force strike him in the ribs, effectively knocking him off his path and sending him rolling into the wall.
?This really isn?t fair,? he grunted as he got back up. Where he had been previously hovered Frakxuja, with Sotek next to him panting.
?I will not let you kill my son!? Frakxuja said powerfully. ?He is all that I have in this world, and to take him, you will have to defeat me first!?
?We?ll see,? Valk spat as he stood back up on his feet. Placing his sword over his shoulder, he rapidly brought it swinging away and let it go, throwing it blade first at Sotek. Frakxuja?s descendant hadn?t expected the sudden attack and merely roared painfully as the weapon impaled him through the stomach and sent him staggering backwards. Frakxuja looked back sympathetically at Sotek and from his eye began to fall a single tear.
?I cannot stand to see you suffer like this my son. Allow me to face this opponent alone.?
Sotek began to wince as he placed his hands on the hilt and slowly removed the sword from his stomach, before throwing it across the floor. When he finally did so, one gush of flood and a number of other fluids came from his injury before allowing the splicing to heal itself up.
?No can do!? Sotek grumbled as he flexed his muscles. From where his hammer had fallen to the ground he picked it up and smirked at Valk. ?Let me take him on. He doesn?t want to fight you. But if he defeats me, then I want you to kill the *******.?
?I can?t allow-?
?Yes you can. His power is not that great. I will win, for my own vengeance and for you, to prove my worth as the Sky Lord?s descendant!?
?Very well,? Frakxuja replied hesitantly, permitting himself to float a safe distance away. ?But remember Sotek, this is your own doing. Though it will pain me if you die here, this is your choice as a soldier. I will not intervene.?
?No problem,? Sotek answered defiantly as he made his way over to Valk. ?I?ll make sure he?s unrecognisable when I?m done with him.?
Valk sighed and ran instantly to recollect his sword. As he did so, he rolled under a swing from Sotek?s hammer and placed his fingers around the hilt. But as he stood up, the hammer came swinging back around and collided with his chest, once again knocking him over and back into one of the pillars. Upon impact, the marble surface cracked slightly and Valk fell onto his front. Without waiting, he jumped back up and ran at Sotek who raised the hammer above his head, ready to swing it down vertically.
?Not the most defensive move I?ve ever seen,? Valk smiled as he quickly drew the gun and fired a single shot at Sotek?s one arm. The blast connected and made Sotek let go of his hammer. The weapon fell from his grip, and now defenceless, Valk made his move. Sotek swung a punch at his attacker, resulting in Valk raising his sword and holding it vertically in front of him. The fist couldn?t stop and came into direct contact with the weapon?s blade. As it did so, Valk turned it slightly so that the edge was facing Sotek, causing his fist to not just be parried, but to also have a sword brought causing through it, cutting through his hand, wrist and arm like a knife through butter, and leaving his only offensive appendage flailing around, split into half. ?And now you regret it I believe.? Valk continued as he kicked Sotek away.
?I?m going to kill you so hard it kills you!? Sotek spluttered as he charged back towards Valk. There was no longer a match between them, and as the angered man ran, Valk side-stepped out of harm?s way and swung his sword at Sotek?s ankles, managing to slice through one ankle and sending Sotek crashing into the ground, smashing through a number of tiles.
?You can try,? Valk snarled as he placed his foot on Sotek?s neck. ?But I doubt you?ll get much of a chance.? Before Sotek could answer, Valk slashed downwards through his throat and kicked the dead body away. His actions were followed by a sorrowful wail of pain from Frakxuja. He dropped to the ground and ran over to Sotek, pushing Valk out of the way without thought. Hopelessly, he took Sotek in his arms as he kneeled and began to weep tears of sadness.
?Have the Gears really chosen such a time to take you my son?? he roared out loud. ?My only son, gone forever. My legacy will be forgotten, and now I am alone. What have I done to deserve this??
As Frakxuja wept, Valk dropped to his knees, an incredible force surging through him like electricity, stimulating his muscles and empowering his soul. In front of him was Frakxuja, who at that moment laid Sotek on the ground and wiped at his eyes with his robe. Standing up he exhaled, a white substance flowing from his mouth, before turning around to Valk.
?It was his choice,? Valk stuttered gradually. As his power grew, he was unable to move, or even speak fully. ?Those were your words.?
?He was everything I had!? Frakxuja bellowed, currently in a state beyond fury. ?Since his birth I raised him as my own son. And though we were never family, we were bonded as a father and son should be. Today you have severed this connection, and you have wounded me deeply Valk Kamazkasaythe. You won?t survive!?
?You don?t know how many times people have told me that I?m going to die at their hands,? Valk spat. He could feel control returning to him, but it was too late. Before he could stand, the tip of Frakxuja?s staff slammed into his face and knocked him over. Valk?s own katana then came swinging down vertically towards him with incredible speed, and he was only saved by the fact that he was fast enough to hold up his own weapon in defence. Instead of withdrawing and attempting to stab, Frakxuja continued to push downwards with his own sword on Valk?s. Under the increasing friction, the two blades began to burn red, sparks leaping after each tiny movement.
?You will experience death here Valk!? Frakxuja said as he grinded his teeth under strain. ?My power was given to me by Spartzan himself. How can you possibly hope to defeat me??
?By stabbing you with this bloody sword!? Valk answered as he pushed with an equal amount of strength. ?You don?t have to kill me. All I wanted to do was leave this island. It was your son?s fault he was killed!?
?Do not place the blame on him!? Frakxuja replied in a burst of anger. Throwing his staff away, he grabbed the hilt with both hands and increased the amount of downwards force. Even as Valk tried to maintain both swords at a safe distance away, there was nothing he could do as they both began to draw closer to his face, until finally the edge of his own blade was almost touching his eye. ?No, your time has come. With your life you will pay for my son?s death!?
Just as Valk?s skull was about to be sliced apart, he heard the throne room?s doors creak open. Though he was unable to look over, he soon found out what had caused the noise as Spinal came running over, slamming his body into Frakxuja and knocking him away. Valk sighed and climbed weakly onto his own feet using his own sword as support. Meanwhile, Spinal kept running with Frakxuja over his shoulder until they both crashed into the nearest pillar, causing to crumble on top of them both.
?You dare interfere!? Frakxuja shouted as with a flap of his wings he emerged from the cloud of dust that soon set around them. Spinal was on his hands and knees, coughing blood violently as he attempted to crawl away from Frakxuja. ?First you die, and then Valk!? Frakxuja grabbed Spinal by the neck and held him three feet off the ground as his wings maintained him floating in the air. Opening his other palm, the staff began to vibrate on the ground before returning to it?s owner?s grasp. Frakxuja then twirled it around so that the bottom tip was facing Spinal, and with a sigh of pity, he drove it through the stunned man?s stomach before drawing it back out and stabbing once again. Six times he impaled Spinal, each time the dying man coughing up more of his own blood, until finally, on the seventh time, Frakxuja left the staff in his body and took it in both of his hands. Holding the weapon vertically, he threw it into the ground with Spinal?s body looking up helplessly, blankly. Frakxuja looked down at him and shook his head before lifting both hands into the air. Under his breath, he began to mutter inaudible words, and as he did, a white aura began to form around him. Taking the chance of defenceless Valk had been waiting for he ran at Frakxuja with his sword held out at his side. Only a few feet away, he jumped into the air and began to swing the weapon towards Frakxuja, only to be knocked away at the last moment by a shield that flickered into sight before disappearing seconds later. Before he could get back up, debris began to fall away from the ceiling, revealing the star filled night sky above.
?Damn!? Valk muttered simply as he rolled away from the falling marble. Forming his own shield around him. The rubble merely disintegrated upon touching Frakxuja?s defence, leaving his area clear as stone rained from above, destroying the statues, pillars and even the Sky Lord?s own throne. Meanwhile, Valk maintained his own shield whilst firing at any falling marble large, or heavy enough to penetrate it.
?You will fall along with your captain here Valk!? Frakxuja announced over the sounds of crashing rubble against the floor. ?There is no escape!?
From the cloudless night sky above them, leapt a sudden bolt of lightning that came causing down into the staff as Spinal lay impaled on the floor. A bright flash illuminated the room incredibly, leaving Valk blinded for a moment as the awesome noise rang through his ears, deafening him. Once his sight and hearing returned, he could see that smaller jolts were raining from the sky and ripping through the marble floor. The room was already completely destroyed, yet still slightly recognisable as the walls fell away bit by bit, along with the palace.
?Stop Frakxuja!? Valk shouted back with determination. ?Continue like this and you?ll bring down the whole island. If really want to kill me, then come out from your shield and fight me like you should!?
The lightning then stopped, as did the tremors running throughout the building, and Frakxuja came down softly to the ground. At his side, Spinal lay dead, his body still twitching from the high voltage surge that had run through him. The old man reached for his staff and pulled it out of the deceased captain before pointing it at Valk.
?Tell me the truth Valk. Why have you come here? If you have nothing against Spartzan, and you have no quarrel with me, then what is your reason for being here??
?I told you,? Valk replied, trying to catch his breath as he let down his shield. ?I came for Spinal. But we had to aid each other to survive. I honestly believed he would die at the hands of your men, and so I came here, only to ask to leave this island.?
?Liar! You bear the mark, just as my son said. You are a member of the Order, an organization sworn to fight Spartzan. You hold the weapon of a man opposed to my research of the Gears. Spinal himself aided you and died for that reason. You be a man, and tell me to my face what it is you want!?
Valk bit his lip angrily and kicked a stone near him. Although his situation did look suspicious, his true reason was that he wanted to get off the floating rock, and he knew that if he fought one of Spartzan?s Lords face to face he would more than likely lose. Without saying a word he slammed his blade into the ground and threw his gun away before raising his hands in surrender. As he did so, he felt something wet trickle down his cheek. Looking up, he saw that it had began to rain softly. Against the silence that now filled the room, the pattering of the falling water was calming, and with a sigh, Valk turned around and fell to his knees with both hands held up.
?You see, I don?t want to kill you. But I have taken the life of your son, and I know exactly what you?re feeling. If it truly will solve anything by taking my own life, then go ahead.?
Frakxuja placed his staff at his side and walked over to Valk slowly. With each step he took, the fallen rubble gracefully fled aside through the air, clearing him a path until he stood behind the kneeled man.
?No, it won?t solve anything,? Frakxuja admitted with his head bowed. ?But it is a start.? Valk then heard the katana at Frakxuja?s waist scrape against the sheath as it was drawn. He then closed his eyes as the cold, wet steel was pressed against his neck and gulped out of fear as he it left his skin and was swung upwards, ready to decapitate him. The very sound of it?s edge piercing the air as it came rushing back down resonated in his ears, until at the last moment, Valk ducked and allowed the weapon to pass over his head, cutting through a small portion of his long hair. With his left hand, he reached out for the hilt of his sword and pulled it out from the stone it had been embedded into. With perfect speed and skill, he threw it into his right hand and whilst standing up, began to spin around. As he increased in height, he swung his weapon in a circle, slashing through the Sky Lord?s torso before he could react. Once he was standing up fully, the damage had already been done, and so raising his leg he kicked Frakxuja away from him, stunning him when the blow connected. As the old man stumbled, Valk ran forwards and grabbed him by the shoulders, pulling him down and ramming his knee into the new wound. With Frakxuja slumped over his left shoulder in pain, Valk took the chance to breath and held up the sword so that it?s tip was pressing into the back of the Lord?s neck.
?I understand. But I won?t give up my life for your feelings,? Valk muttered into his ear before plunging the blade deep down into his throat, passing through the chest and then bursting out of the injury he had opened previously. Frakxuja opened his mouth out of pain, and surprise as he choked on his own blood that was rising and flowing down his killer?s back. Valk drew his blade back out and took hold of his neck, holding the dying man in front of him. ?I still have a reason to live!? he finished before delivering the final strike, by driving the sword through his open mouth and up into his head. The death cry was cut short as his life ended in a flash, leaving Valk to remove the blade and turn away. Once his back was facing Frakxuja, the once proud Lord fell to the ground, his wings and staff shattering like glass as he did so and floating up into nothing. As Valk sighed and made his way over to recollect his gun, he felt a strong rumble run through the ground. The walls then began to shake violently as he looked around and collapse quicker than they had done before. All around Valk the palace began to shake, vibrating through his body. In the distance he could hear men and women screaming in fear, or pain. As the rain dripped down his blood stained armour, Valk looked back at the dead bodies of Spinal, Sotek and Frakxuja. Spartzan would want him dead now, and there was no way to stop such an entity of pure destruction. Grinding his teeth, Valk made his way towards the exit that was now simply a barely recognisable ark after Frakxuja?s destructive rage. Only a few steps together, his weapon began to glow bright white, sending an unbearable burning through his body and causing him to huddle on the floor. As the searing heat tore at his insides he roared in fury and anguish, power overflowing his body and soul, evolving him and destroying him at the same time. As he writhed around, his back began to rip apart, and from the tears of his skin protruded four glorious wings in a cross, equal to those of the Sky Lord. With one unintentional flap, he soared into the air until he was hovering near where the roof had once been. Yet he was still unable to control himself. Every few seconds his bones ached and forced him to huddle himself in the air, until, gradually, it passed, revealing a new Valk hovering inside the demolished throne room, surrounded by destruction and chaos as the entire island plummeted downwards around him. With another movement of his wings, he rose gracefully with the rain pounding against his face. His cannon had been left behind, yet at that moment nothing mattered. He only had to escape. The room was enormous, and as he flew, he dodged side to side as rubble came crashing away from its original place and fell to the ground. Finally, he emerged above the palace, a beacon of angelic light against the night sky with an empire collapsing beneath him. Looking down, he observed the entire island come into contact with a mountainside, completely eradicating both the immense dark hill and the once gleaming society. As the soaring island was slowly reduced to nothing more than a ruin, Valk heard the death screams of its habitants gradually fade away as their number lessened, until all was silent except for the rain on Valk?s skin, and the world lay open before him.

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Oct 31st 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 15:05 Oct31 2007 Post ID: 1976800
King of Hell
+
WINGS FTW!!! Yay. I belive this is your best chapter in content, but there have been chapters that were better in spelling and such. This is also the longest chapter so far, which proves my theory that quality+quantity=pwnage. Im insanely glad about the wings, although two weapons are now gone from Vlak's arsenal. It's a trade off I suppose. Now... Typos:

"Without warning, the head of the hammer came smashing horizontally threw the white pillar" Should be "through".

Thats the only one that I remember. Also, a mention of the mysterious "Gears of Destiny". MoarThumbs Up

Cataclysm Posted: 15:11 Oct31 2007 Post ID: 1976808
Cataclysm
+
The spelling was that bad? Mind pointing most of it out?
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Sotek Posted: 15:23 Oct31 2007 Post ID: 1976832
Sotek
+
"cutting through his arm, wrist and arm" - Honestly Cat, that's the kind of mistake I make.

Also, I thought he'd get wings. Will ha be able to hide them when he returns to the surface world, or will he always have to stick out like a severed head in a salad bowl? Just wondering...

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
King of Hell Posted: 15:24 Oct31 2007 Post ID: 1976834
King of Hell
+
I did. The only one that I can think of off the top of my head. Im not saying there was alot, I'm saying there were chapters that had less errors, meaning ones that were perfect in spelling. This one was still the best, and really goodSmile

Cataclysm Posted: 15:31 Oct31 2007 Post ID: 1976846
Cataclysm
+
Sotek; I knew that. It's just that.... fine, edited. Oh, and you'll just have to wait and see.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

King of Hell Posted: 12:50 Nov02 2007 Post ID: 1978640
King of Hell
+
Well, since we've waited, I guess it's time to see, right? BUMP!

Cataclysm Posted: 12:27 Nov12 2007 Post ID: 1990242
Cataclysm
+
I may have said this about a few other chapters, but I really don't like this one. Actually, I don't mind it until it reaches the half way point. I'll just see what you people think, but I think it's seems a little rushed.

Chapter 20: Assault on Vulgun

Shivering under the now ferocious rain, Valk finally came to land at the first large town he had spotted, Vulgun, one of the largest cities Valk had heard of. Having lived confined in the Order for the vast majority of his life, he was not familiar with the outside world in any way. The only time he had ever left was to recollect those that had betrayed their cause, and even under those circumstances he had used the magma portals, and so had no knowledge of any routes or towns. He had only heard of Vulgun due to the fact that it was the most infamous place known to man at he time, and had a crime rate that made even the criminals shiver.
After hours of constant flight, being battered by the relentless rain, Valk had grown accustomed to the four wings on his back, and had gained skilful enough control over them. The fact remained that they did stand out slightly, and he was going to have travel going unnoticed in a city.
Valk came to rest on the ground on a flooded mud path only a few metres away from the cities wooden walls that surrounded it. Although poorly defended, it resided in a wide, and not so deep valley, and was only open to attack from two directions or above. Plus, no army ever dared to come near Vulgun, not even Spartzan. Apart from those civilizations hidden from the rest of the world, it was one of the few that remained free.
?Want in?? grumbled and incredibly miserable voice from a small shelter to the right of the city?s wooden gates. There, was an old man dressed in grubby brown rags. At his waist was a large set of keys. Valk looked over out of surprise and nodded simply. ?State your business.?
?I just want a place to stay for the night.? Valk shrugged. The old man looked at him suspiciously and chuckled, but was cut off by a dry cough.
?No one comes to Vulgun just to sleep. State your real business.?
It was true; Valk hadn?t just wanted to stay. From what he knew, Vulgun was the biggest centre of information that existed, and there were two things he wanted.
?I do want to sleep for a night. But my business here involves two things? people that I?m looking for. I?m searching mainly for my son. He disappeared only a few days ago, I don?t know if he?s alive, but I?m not giving up. The other person I?m looking for is a man named Cyanite.?
The old man hesitated for a moment before scratching his head and focusing back on Valk, his eyes flickering over to the pure white wings protruding from his back.
?I remember everyone that passes through here. What do these two look like??
This time, Valk stopped for a moment. He didn?t see much hope in asking an old gatekeeper, but it was worth a try. Anything he could find would be useful at that point.
?My son?s easily recognisable. If you had seen him, you would remember. Most his face has been destroyed. His eyes have been gouged away, his ears sliced, his nose crushed and his tongue ripped out,? he said, stopping every few moments to take in and understand what he was saying. It took him a second to return to the real world, but he then continued. ?The other, well, he could have been seen in two forms. The last time I saw him, he was dressed in a black cloak, and had most of his flesh torn away. He carried a fragmented sword, held together by some sort of force.?
?I see a lot of black cloaked men pass through here,? the gatekeeper retorted. ?You?ll have to be a bit more descriptive than that.?
?I also saw him another way, a shaved headed man, with a golden shield and a twisted sword. He had a scarred face, and on his hand, the mark of the Order.?
At that moment, the old man?s eyes lit up. With a snarl, he cocked his head to the side, attempting to get a good look at Valk?s hand. Valk immediately hid the tattoo behind the hilt of his sword that he still carried, but it was too late.
?So, you?re from the Order are you? You had something to do with that incident on Frakxuja?s floating citadel didn?t you??
?In a way, yes,? Valk responded cautiously. ?What do you know about that??
?That shaved headed man came through here only yesterday, said that he was looking for someone too. In fact, the person he described was exactly like you, without the wings of course. I take it you?re the one that snuffed out Frakxuja too, right?? Valk frowned at the man and gripped his sword a little tighter than before. It seemed this man knew a little too much. ?Ha, don?t worry, I?ve got nothing against you,? the gatekeeper continued, chuckling slightly. ?Information travels fast around here. I heard that a winged character was seen flying away from Frakxuja?s ruins. At first I thought it could have been the old lord himself, but I soon heard that he was dead. Things seem a little clearer now.?
Valk released the tight grasp on his weapon and calmed down a little. If he had gone anywhere else, they would have his head on a pole in an instant for killing one of Spartzan?s subordinates. But it seemed anyone was welcome in Vulgun.
?Look, you said Cyanite came through here. I need to find him, can you let me in or not??
?Sure,? the gatekeeper nodded grimly as he fiddled around with the keys at his belt. Seconds later he found the one he was looking for and slid it into a padlock on the gate before kicking it open and allowing Valk to pass through. ?Don?t worry about those wings friend. We get plenty of freaks around her, you?ll fit in fine.?
Valk didn?t know whether to be offended or thankful, but he muttered his thanks anyway and entered the city. It was just as he had imagined; the streets were cobbled and soaking from the heavy rain, yet the buildings were all wooden and rotting slightly. The roads all seemed organised, but on every corner Valk could see alleyways, with shady characters standing at the end of each. But, apart from these people, the entire area was empty save for a few rats that scattered away as Valk trudged along. Above all, he wanted to find Cyanite, but after not sleeping for a week he was tired, and the thought of a bed seemed inviting enough to convince him to stop. He soon reached what he presumed was an inn and pushed open the door leading in. No sooner had he stepped inside, a bottle rushed past his nose and smashed into a wall. All around, burly men and infuriated women were engaged in all out war, and Valk could swear that he could swords clashing amongst that rioting. Apart from the brawl around him, the place wasn?t all that bad, and pushing his way through the crowds he eventually reached the bar.
?What can I do ye for?? the barman asked gruffly as Valk dodged under yet another bottle that came flying his way.
?A room for one,? he said as he spun around and punched a man that came charging towards him. Under the impact, there was a splatter of blood coming from the drunk?s nose, followed by his body crashing to the ground. It seemed he hadn?t just gained wings from the Sky Lord. ?On the top floor. I don?t want to be anywhere this riot.?
?Want protection? We offer that too.?
?No thanks,? Valk replied as he waved his sword in the direction of an incomer. The man immediately turned to someone else, leaving Valk to speak. ?I can defend myself.?
?Very well,? the barman shrugged. ?But if you wake up dead, don?t come complaining to me.?
The man gave Valk a set of keys and pointed to a set of stairs. He actually had two keys; one to get into his room, and one to give him access to the living area. As he opened the door behind the door, he felt its weight, and presumed it was meant for security measures. As it shut behind him, the incredible noise behind him was shut off and was muffled. The hall he had entered was much better furnished than the bar itself was made of fine oak. The only light was provided by a set of candles along the wall, that lead up to a flight of stairs at the other end. As he passed through and made his way through the halls, he occasionally heard screams coming from inside other rooms, and more than often, the walls thumping. He could only imagine what was happening inside.
Eventually he reached the top and found his room. Number fifty. Inserting the key into the slot, the door opened with a horrible screech, revealing what was to be his room for the night. It was simple, with one window that revealed the entire city before him, which was in fact quite a bit larger than he had at first imagined. One single bed, with ragged sheets and covers sat in the corner, along with one set of drawers for clothes and a candle stand for light. As Valk sat down on the side of the bed, he heard a knock on his door. Judging by what he heard on his way up, he didn?t want to take any chances, and so, taking his sword, he approached the door and opened it suddenly, holding out his weapon at neck height.
?Put that down,? mumbled a raggedly dressed woman standing outside, thin with straw-like fair hair, clearly accustomed to that sort of treatment. ?I was sent up here to see if you wanted your clothes washed. Don?t worry, I won?t ask you take them off now, unless you want to.?
Valk frowned and looked down at himself. It was true they needed cleaning. Blood stained the thick wraps around his legs along with plate he wore on his torso and the cape around his shoulders and neck.
?I?ll leave them on the end of my bed. Lock the door when you leave.? Valk grunted, shutting the door in her face. Taking off his clothes, he climbed into bed and called for her to come back in. The woman entered once again and picked up all of Valk?s clothes in her arms.
?I was also told to leave you a drink. It?s just water,? she said, placing a bottle next to Valk?s bed. ?Night.?
As she left, Valk shook his head and reached for the bottle. He examined it for a moment and shrugged before taking a swig from it and lying back on the hard pillow.
?No? no,? Valk sighed as the world around him began to grow dizzy and fade away. Looking over at the bottle, he smacked it away and merely shook his head and everything around him continued to disappear until there was nothing.

?No, he has to die!? shouted a familiar voice angrily. Valk looked down at himself. He knew where he was. It was the same dream as when he had been taken into the Fourth Order?s fort. In front of him was the shadowed man from before who had been attempting to kill the child on the altar. It was him who had shouted, and was now lying on the floor after being attacked by the Varlerian. Even as Valk strained his vision, he couldn?t identify the man.
?No, is you who must die!? said a female Varlerian. ?You have disgraced our bloodline, and this boy is the result of your unforgivable actions.?
?You don?t understand,? the man on the floor whimpered. ?That boy, he?ll end you, he?ll end all of us!?
?You are not one of us!? the Varlerian responded ferociously. ?When we are done with you, we shall take care of the child. Your race was never to mix with our own. Now two lives must be taken, when you could have just fled away.?
?Spartzan can?t be allowed to continue living. I know what will happen. He?ll kill every one of us. There will be a war, and that kid will begin, wage, and emerge victorious in it.?
?I said we will take care of the child.? the Varlerian sighed with pity. ?Such an inferior race could never understand that we would never allow ourselves to be defeated by one of you. The child will die, along with you.?
As she said this, a bright light leapt from her palm, engulfing the man on the ground, and once again Valk felt the world returning around him.

Valk?s eyes opened suddenly, and as he did so, he jumped out of the bed. Everything around him was the same as before, except for the fact that at the end of the bed was his clothes and armour, folded neatly. What could have woken him up like that?
As he got dressed once again, he felt a soft tremor run through the ground, followed by another that shook the building. Running over to the window, he scanned the area outside, only to be called away by a nearby scream.
?What are you doing here?? Valk asked angrily as the woman from before leapt out of his bed, dressed in only a few rags.
?What was that?? she shrieked out of fear. Outside, only flaming streaks could be seen, soaring through the air and piercing the sides of the buildings, igniting each one easily.
?Someone?s attacking,? Valk said blankly as he grabbed his sword. ?I?ll speak to you about whatever it is you did later,? he continued as a flaming arrow came smashing through the window and struck the floor. ?Get everyone out of the building. I?m going out to see what?s happening.?
The woman nodded and left the room swiftly, leaving Valk as he stepped towards the wall window where the window had been. Lifting up his leg, he intensified it and slammed it into the surface, effectively destroying the entire wall and leaving a gaping space in the top corner of the inn. The fire inside was beginning to grow, and so, extending his wings, he leapt out of the room and plummeted downwards. Going up would be too dangerous due to the arrows, so he would use the buildings as cover. As soon as he was only a few feet away from the ground he picked himself up and began to glide through the streets and alleys at a great speed. Townsfolk were running around uncontrollably, occasionally being struck down by the arrows that rained upon the city.
There was no hope; from the ground he could see nothing. With a sigh, he kicked himself off the ground and headed for the highest rooftop he could see, swooping behind others to avoid any projectiles. It took him minutes to finally reach his destination, but when he finally did reach the rooftop, he could clearly see where the arrows were coming from. On top of the highest part of the surrounding valley was a large group of men dressed in golden armour, each one with a crossbow at hand.
What possible reason could anyone have to attack this place? Valk thought to himself. But as he did so, an arrow thundered down into his breastplate, piercing his skin slightly, but no so deep so that he couldn?t pull it out and swear. Jumping from the roof, Valk pulsed himself onwards towards the army before him, occasionally slashing at the air to stop anything from hitting him.

?Sir, something?s coming,? a golden soldier mumbled as Valk slowly came into view from the mountainside.
?Concentrate fire!? was his response. The man named ?sir? wore a leather pair of armoured grieves that reached his waist, and above that, nothing but a harness restraining him slightly. He was in his middle thirties and had jet black hair, long, and spiked in unimaginable ways. His eyes were hazel and matched his slightly tanned skin. Like most soldiers of high rank, his face was scarred, but what was most surprising was the fact that the earth rumbled with each powerful step he took.
?But, Lord Garzavath, the city??
?He?s our target.? Garzavath replied simply. ?Don?t question me. He brought down Frakxuja and his fortress. Spartzan?s name must be avenged.?

Valk groaned as the arrows being fired slowly seemed to be directed towards him, and with each awesome flap of his wings, he drew closer to his target. He already had a small of idea of who it could be. The only man on the planet capable of launching a full attack during such short time was Spartzan, and judging by their armour, that was similar to that of those that attacked the fortress, he was certain that they were after him. To avoid further danger, Valk stopped and allowed himself to rise upwards until the clouds covered him. Once he finally thought he was at a safe distance to descend, he did so, rapidly. As he emerged from the clouds, only a short distance away from where the army was stationed, he noticed how the arrows were no longer being aimed at the city, but randomly at the sky. Though random, they weren?t stupid, and as Valk descended, one struck him in the shoulder, causing him to lose control.

?Direct hit.? Garzavath said under his breath. Valk was no longer guiding his flight path, but was merely tumbling downwards until he crashed into the earth. It took him and his force only half a minute to reach where Valk had fallen, only to find him on his hands and knees, with his wings tattered and numerous angelic feathers floating to the ground around him.
?You came for me, right?? Valk stammered as he got back up to his feet. His sword lay not far away, but closer to Garzavath than anyone else. ?I thought I would make things a little easier for you,?
?Very funny,? Garzavath answered grimly. ?You really have done much for just one person. Frakxuja cannot be replaced, which is why Spartzan has sent me with a peace offering.?
?You call that peace?? Valk asked as he attempted not to fall over. ?Didn?t seem that way to me. Unless an arrow in the chest and shoulder is a greeting where you?re from.?
?We needed to get your attention somehow,? Garzavath shrugged. In his hand was a brown pole, and at it?s end, a large ball, covered in bloody spikes. Though it wasn?t visible, Valk could practically feel power emanating from him. ?And you?re not dead, yet. Spartzan has recognised your abilities as worthy. What do you say??
?Well, this is all so unexpected,? Valk mocked as he slowly regained control over the ache spreading through him. ?But I think I?ve done a little too much to just trust you people now. If we want to do things the easy way, you can just pretend that I wasn?t here and let me go.?
?I?m afraid not. If you?re not with us, you?re against us,? Garzavath said with annoyance. Raising his arm into the air, Valk saw as the crossbow armed men around him also pointed their weapons at him. ?Fire.?
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Sotek Posted: 13:27 Nov12 2007 Post ID: 1990335
Sotek
+
"We get plenty of freaks around her, you?ll fit in fine.? - should be here.

"and Valk could swear that he could swords clashing amongst that rioting." - could what swords clashing?

Well, we all know that if a chapter ends with "Fire!" then whoever said it is going to get their *** kicked eventually, right? It's practically a law of fic! Good chapter there. Like you said, possibly a little rushed, although I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. Overall, Valk needs more skills, like Giantfireballofdeath XVI. Keep it up!

King of Hell Posted: 14:18 Nov12 2007 Post ID: 1990428
King of Hell
+
I actually enjoyed the chapter, not thinking it to be very rushed except for the fact that you said he would be left alone for a while... and in reality your while turned out to be a few lines. In any case, I expected him to be a mercenary for a while. No matter. I wonder what Vlak will get if he stabs Garzavath. Good job, awaiting next chapter eagerly.Thumbs Up

Cataclysm Posted: 01:25 Nov13 2007 Post ID: 1991195
Cataclysm
+
I'll get those editings done soon.

Sotek, saying fire is more like a self-destruct button than anything else. And... Ginatfireballofdeath XVI sounds quite appealing.

KOH, I don't really do the mercenary thing in my fics.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Pooly Posted: 12:28 Nov14 2007 Post ID: 1992249
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Bumped in the name of Cataclysm so he can post his new chapter, and yeah, I'll try and read it when it's up.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Cataclysm Posted: 12:33 Nov14 2007 Post ID: 1992251
Cataclysm
+
You better.

Chapter 21: Proposition

Dozens of arrows pierced the air and struck nothing but the ground ahead as with a grand beat of his wings, Valk propelled himself upwards, before gliding back down as the unprepared archers reloaded their weapons. Not allowing them a second chance, he extended his palm forcefully, sending forth a wave of dark energy that knocked the majority of them to the ground. In total they were a dozen or so, excluding Garzavath, leaving only three still on their feet, yet unbalanced.
The Earth Lord lunged forwards as Valk once again came to the ground with his frightening mace, swinging it upwards so to strike his target in the jaw. With his sword, Valk parried the strike and used his wings to push himself backwards and away from danger. By the time he had done so, the archers were mostly back on their feet and had their crossbows at the ready, waiting for Garzavath?s order.
?Fire again,? he ordered with a certain ferocity. ?And don?t waste any time in firing again. Just let loose as many as you can.?
Valk rested on the soft earth and beat his wings powerfully, bringing up an incredible cloud of dust that consumed the area and blinded all caught within. He was injured after his fall, and though no longer weary, the pain in his wings was enough to impede his actions as their angelic feathers slowly fell away with each sudden movement. Leaving the ground ungracefully, he desperately tried to reach a decent height before the cloud fell away. With each foot he gained between him and the surface, the dust began to seem clearer, until it disappeared completely. Valk looked down and began to beat his wings harder than before as the first arrow passed by his head, but soon hesitated as he saw what was happening below.

?Get the bastards!? shouted a pitchfork wielding man from the immense crowd that was now rising up from the valley. Their numbers were awe inspiring, as at least half the city came into sight beneath him, each one wielding a weapon of some sort.
?Concentrate on the target!? Garzavath yelled over the angered shouts of the uprising to his soldiers, but it was too late. They had already drawn their close combat weapons and were fighting back against the civilians. Valk wasn?t sure how long they would be able to survive against Garzavath himself, but they had provided him with a distraction, though he presumed it was unintentional. Turning around in the air to provide himself with a quicker escape, he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his back. Looking over his shoulder and grinding his teeth as he did so, he could see the mace?s spiked head impaled in his own back, but before he could remove it, it?s owner pulled downwards, bringing Valk crashing back down to the ground in midst of the intense fighting. Another pull from Garzavath allowed the mace to come free. Between the ball and the pole he held in his hand was a long chain that guided Valk?s sight and showed him where the Earth Lord stood. Whereas he had he had only seen the mace previously, Garzavath was using another weapon also, a great curved sword with a jagged edge that was at that moment impaled through the stomach of a citizen of Vulgun. Valk stood up and ran at Garzavath whilst he was preoccupied, following the spiked ball as it retracted into the pole. How the chain managed to fit in such a small area was a question he would have to leave until some other time.
Garzavath kicked the dead body off the end of his sword and turned to see Valk charging towards him, his sliced back slowing him down, but Garzavath wasn?t ready to take any chances. He began to swing the mace around his head before letting it loose towards his attacker. Valk rolled under the weapon and grabbed the chain that flew over his head. Immediately standing back up, he swung the ball back round and sent it back in Garzavath?s direction.
?Quite smart,? Garzavath grinned as the ball came hurling towards his head. The Earth Lord merely raised his right arm in front of his face, allowing the weapon to collide with it. The sound was deafening, like a hammer on stone as the ball struck his arm and merely fell to the ground before being brought back into its hilt. ?I can see how you managed to defeat Frakxuja. I?m not sure you?ll do so well against someone your own age though.?
Though standing in the middle of a battlefield, it seemed no one dared come close to either Valk or Garzavath. Valk looked down at his side. Garzavath had two weapons, he had one. The battle was uneven, and so, bending down to the nearest body to him he picked up a large round shield that had been dropped.
?I didn?t ask to fight you,? Valk said as he prepared his weaponry. ?You?re the one who brought me back down here.?
Slashing once through the air in front of him, Valk launched a thin sickle or darkness towards Garzavath that connected with a stray soldier before arriving. The moment the flash of its collision faded away Garzavath was already heading towards Valk, both of his weapons held defencively before him. With a rapid swing, the mace head left its hilt once again, soaring towards Valk. The winged warrior held up his shield and ducked behind it. The force upon contact knocked Valk back slightly, but he was still alive, and was able to lower the shield and charge at Garzavath yet again as the Lord focused on retrieving the mace. Valk lunged towards the Lord?s midsection with sword, on to have Garzavath swing his own sword downwards and force both into the earth. Attempting to pull his weapon free, Valk was oblivious to the fact that the face was heading straight for his side, and as he finally obtained the sword once again, he was knocked over as the spiked ball slammed into his ribs. With a thud he fell to the ground, but quickly turned back over to face Garzavath as the Lord stood over him and held up his sword, ready to strike Valk?s head at any moment.
?I honestly expected more,? he said disappointedly. ?And as much as I would like to kill you now, it is Spartzan?s wish to have you brought in alive. So, I think you?re tough enough to resist this.?
Valk frowned, only to swear under his breath as the incredible mace came from over Garzavath?s head and drew closer to his own, until in a moment of incredible pain the world disappeared before him.

In what seemed to be half a second, Valk felt the world return around him to normality. He hadn?t opened his eyes, but the touch of solid ground was beneath him, and as he inhaled, he could definitely taste air. Air, and a horrible odour coupled with thick dust. The cough that followed was enough to wake him up completely, and as he did so, his eyelids lifted and gave birth to the sight of the surrounding area. He was sat against the wall of a brown, musty cell. Outside was a corridor, and lining it were numerous cells in the same conditions as his own. There was nothing in the small square room but the clumped dust on the floor, and at an unreachable height, a barred window. In the corner opposite him was a sleeping, he hoped, body.
Standing up, Valk stretched and took in his surroundings. How he had arrived there wasn?t all too clear, but he presumed he had lost his fight with Garzavath and had been taken prisoner. There was no way to be absolutely sure of the location, but he knew one thing; he was in bad situation. With one glance upwards he took notice of the square in the wall and extended the wings folded on his back. They had healed since his fall from the sky and appeared to be in perfect condition. There was also just enough room to allow himself a full beat powerful enough to levitate off the ground. It took him only one beat to gain the same height as the bars, and so, placing his hand on the surface of the centre, his palm glowed dark blue before flooding a small amount of energy into the protective pole, but enough to break it away. As soon as Valk allowed to the concentrated magic to leave him, he felt an incredible shock run through his body that caused him to fall back down to the ground.
?Nice try,? came the voice from the corner as Valk fell flat on his back. With a groan he looked over to see the previously sleeping man now awake and yawning. ?I doubt you?ll give that another shot though. The name?s? I can?t remember. But anyway, what?s your?s??
Valk hesitated before he decided to reply. As uncomfortable as he felt about speaking with someone to stupid to remember their own name, he had nothing else to do.
?Valk Kamazkasaythe,? he answered blankly. ?Do you have any idea where we are??
?Of course I do. We?re in Spartzan?s dungeon. I thought you would be able to tell from the cells and bad conditions. You were thrown in here a few days ago though, sleeping like a baby. Your face was a right mess though. I got pretty scared when it just started to cure itself, and the wings came as a shock, but I got over it.?
Valk got up and leaned back against the wall. Being a prisoner for the second time in two weeks he could accept. Spending years of his life being tortured with no end he could also accept. But spending more than three minutes with an idiot was unbearable. As Valk glared at him, he realised that the man in the corner even looked like an idiot. He had an incredible mane of shaggy hear, greying in areas, and a beard to match it, with only a pair of bright blue eyes and a mouth with teeth missing below the head and facial hair. Even as Valk made it clear that he didn?t want to continue their conversation, he continued smiling in his direction, occasionally giving him a random thumbs up with an even larger grin.
?That?s it!? Valk shouted, standing up and marching over to the bars blocking his exit. With every ounce of strength he could muster, he delivered a kick to the bars, only to be launched back into the wall before slumping back to the ground.
?Yeah, I forgot to tell you. Spartzan?s power runs through this entire building. It works as a defence system and keeps the whole place standing. I try to break down those bars every day, you know, in case Spartzan had died or something.?
?Let me guess, you failed?? Valk answered with an uncaring sigh.
?Yeah, I did. But good things happened. I had some of my teeth fall out. And that means, that when Spartzan finally dies and I escape, I?ll get some gold coins from the tooth troll.?
Valk then groaned and rested his forehead in his palm, before looking up and looking around the room for his weapon, or anything sharp.
?No, the tooth troll doesn?t come here, no point looking,? the other pointed out as Valk continued to search the glum area. As Valk began to grind his teeth and clench his fist, a sharp noise rang throughout the entire dungeon. Valk looked around to the bars of the cell, also grateful to see another human being standing there. One of the soldiers from the battle earlier stood outside and has just slammed the hilt of his sword against the wall alert the dungeon of his presence.
?So you?ve finally woken up I see,? he grunted as he looked in at Valk. ?High Overlord Spartzan has been waiting for you, Valk right?? he continued as he reached for the bars. As he touched it, a faint red glow emanated from his hand, before the set of bars disappeared completely.
?Finally, my chance is here, I am free!? said the man in the corner, jumping up and running towards the cell exit. As he reached where the bars once were, the guard removed his hands from where it had been, and the bars solidified into existence once again. With a heavy clang, the man collided with the bars and was sent back across the room and into the wall, whilst Valk watched from the floor, grinning slightly.
?Yes, that?s me,? Valk answered, turning to the guard. ?Although going with you doesn?t seem like the best option I have, I feel I have to say thanks for that.?
?We do that to him every day. Never gets boring.? The guard replied, chuckling under his golden helmet as he reached for the bars and removed them once again. ?But please, don?t try to escape. I hear Spartzan doesn?t wish to kill you, so it would be in your nest interest to come quietly. Will you??
Valk looked down at his waist. He had no weapon, no idea where he was, and not a clue how he was supposed to escape such a place. With a silent nod, he stepped out of the cell and allowed the guard to take him to Spartzan.

The throne room was even more impressive than that of Frakxuja. Elements coinciding with the sky, earth and ocean were present. A golden pathway led through the centre of the room to the back where the throne itself sat. Apart from the one path that led the way, there was nothing else but an endless ocean of unclear, white water that rippled slightly, filling the silence of the room with the gentle noise of it lapping against the solid edge of the path. The throne itself seemed to be a great distance away, and sat upon a large circular platform of the same golden substance. There was no roof above Valk as he walked slowly along the path, alone, only a pure blue sky, with not a living being or a cloud in sight, endless like the empty sea beneath him. To Valk?s surprise, the throne was empty, leaving no one else but him in the room. For a moment he turned around to face the door he had used to enter. Behind it lay more sea and more sky, continuing onwards until meeting a horizon. He wasn�t sure whether he was outside or inside a building, whether his surroundings were real, magically created, or figures of his imagination, but his thoughts were soon interrupted.
?I see you are quite impressed by my home. It?s not much, but its enough,? said a sly voice. Valk turned back to face the throne once again, where the powerful figure of Spartzan now sat. He wore a long, regal coat that reached his ankles, and beneath it, a black breastplate, similar to Valk?s. He also bore a pair of black grieves that ended in sharp blades at the toes. His hair was black, like the trimmed moustache and beard, and was slicked back.
?A bit stereotypical, don?t you think?? Valk asked as he continued to look around the room. Spartzan seemed to take the image of every villain he had ever heard in stories as child. Not many people in the world know, however, if those images were based on Spartzan himself or not.
?No matter,? Spartzan replied with a wave of his hand as he stood up and began to walk towards Valk. ?I didn?t invite you here to give your opinions on me; I invited you to help you, no less.?
Valk stopped as he continued to walk forwards and fixated on Spartzan. He had expected to have to fight Spartzan, or at least battle against his guards as they avenged the Sky Lord, but he had been left in shock.
?What?? he asked, curiously, yet cautiously. ?I killed Frakxuja. Shouldn?t you be trying to kill me??
?That was the plan at first,? Spartzan replied simply. ?But, if you haven?t heard, I have been researching a certain myth going by the name of the Gears of Destiny recently. You destroyed my research facility on the floating citadel, reducing my efforts to dust. This is where I decided not to kill you. I would like you to lead my investigation team, and find out more about this myth.?
?And what if I don?t?? Valk contested, still waiting for the Overlord to attack him at any moment.
?Then you do die, and I find someone else. I chose you because you so easily defeated Frakxuja, proving that you would be more useful than that old man. I would send Garzavath or Amurios, but I have my resons not to. They have their own missions.?
Valk paused and did not answer for a while. He would have to make a choice sometime, between aiding a man who had previously wanted him dead, or being killed on the spot. Though a seemingly easy decision, it took Valk a total of five minutes to make up his mind.
?I?ll help,? he said quietly. Only half an hour ago he had been sitting in a cell, and now he was aiding the world?s Overlord.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Displaying Page 4 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close