Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 82 of 466
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | ... | 464 | 465 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 16:18 Jan02 2018 Post ID: 3440767
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I agree with my man Dennis on the Wildcard Round.

Going with KC, Atlanta, Jacksonville & New Orleans.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 19:36 Jan02 2018 Post ID: 3440772
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
If it was last season's Atlanta, they'd win, but this year they have seriously regressed. They were inches away from beating eliminated from playoff contention against Detroit (DET would've been 10-6 & ATL 9-7). I read somewhere they are 1-4 (becomes 2-4 now) against teams that were in contention for playoffs in Week 17. That said, someone has to win in an upset.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 19:48 Jan02 2018 Post ID: 3440773
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Atlanta isnt an upset. If I was gonna pick an upset, I would have went with Buffalo. Falcons are dangerous until some team proves otherwise.
FreezShock Posted: 20:47 Jan02 2018 Post ID: 3440775
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
Depends if Matty Ice is hot or cold though. Last year's SB he went from red-hot to below-zero during halftime (albeit an extended halftime, god it's such a production now).

If Gurley is hot, the Falcons are doomed.

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:38 Jan02 2018 Post ID: 3440789
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think Gurley might be in a little trouble. Falcons struggled most against the quicker runners. Although Gurley is still really fast, he isn't Alvin Kamura quick. lol
Sanzano Posted: 01:46 Jan03 2018 Post ID: 3440799
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
If the Falcons start fast by putting up a couple of scores or they start to pull away by half time Gurley will become a non factor as the Rams will be forced to go to the air to stay in touch with the game. I still think the Falcons have enough quality players and playoff experience to see off the up and coming Rams this season.

If there is going to be an upset I wouldn't be surprised if its Carolina beating New Orleans. Carolina is one of those annoying teams who can beat anyone on any given week and with this being the playoffs and there is no next week for the loser all the teams come to the table with their 'A' game.

I still expect New Orleans to win against Carolina and shine throughout the rest of the playoffs leaving no doubt they are the best team in the NFC.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 3rd 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 05:55 Jan03 2018 Post ID: 3440803
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Carolina were dreadful against Atlanta, and the cold Cam turned up. If Carolina were playing for your life you wouldn't have a lot of faith they'd save you. That game will all be on New Orleans. If they are on they'll win easily and improve to 3-0 against Carolina, but if they play badly and Carolina get hot Cam there could be an upset.

Warrior, Atlanta winning would be an upset. Atlanta are not favoured to win, surely. Yes LA Rams are 5-3 at home and definitely could lose, but a LA win wouldn't be an upset now would it?

And Warrior, New Orleans proved that Atlanta are not dangerous (23-6 before garbage time). Matty 'Ice' (Ice = 28-3 choke?) is NOT an MVP QB anymore in terms of level of play.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 02:00 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440845
Sanzano
+
Matt, because a team has beaten another team twice in the regular season it does not make it a formality in the playoffs. since the AFL-NFL merger in 1966, teams that beat an opponent twice in the regular season are 13-7 in a third meeting in the playoffs. The Saints have not beaten Carolina three times in a row since the 2010-2012 seasons. In the two games that the Saints and Panthers played this season the Panthers turned the ball over four times but still scored 34 points in the combined games. Like you say, if Cam Newton has a good game and does not turn the ball over they have got a good chance at pulling off the upset. The last time they played on 3rd December 2017 at New Orleans the score was only 31-21 and the Panthers didn't play particularly well. There's also the fact that these two teams have never met in the playoffs.

I still think New Orleans will win it though, I have a feeling they will do it convincingly as well, something like 27-17. When teams get into the playoffs teams that are supposed to win generally do, especially if they are playing at home.

Atlanta haven't lost the last five games against the Rams, the last time they lost to them was in 2007. Makes you wonder if Matt Ryan and the Falcons have their number...

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 4th 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:41 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440848
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
A 65% winning chance is pretty good. I was never saying it was a formality, it's just that New Orleans have beaten Carolina twice by a combined 65-34, and there is no reason why they should decide to lose this one. It's all up to them, and if they turn up they'll win.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:35 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440855
Sanzano
+
That's basically the way I look at it Matt, if both teams turn up New Orleans should win but if Cam Newton gets hot and New Orleans turn the ball over a couple of times things will get interesting.

Who's your money on if it's a New Orleans vs New England SuperBowl, Brady vs Brees?

In my mind I've already written off Philadelphia and I've got no confidence in the Minnesota Vikings despite their impressive record. To be truthful I look at the Falcons as the danger team in the NFC, they've got some outstanding players like Julio Jones and if they get hot will be difficult to beat. Their offense may not be the juggernaut it was last year but it's still decent and so is their defense.

Matt77 Posted: 08:36 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440856
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Miami have just signed the woeful Chicago offensive coodinator -_- Seems another 6-10 season is on the way...

Dennis I think New England will lose the Superbowl no matter who they play. Whoever wins out in the NFC will have to play some insane football, and will bring that same level come February. That even includes Atlanta, cause if they win 3 straight they'll deserve to make it. In the AFC I see Kansas City as a danger team now. They're playing the same as their 5-0 start, and have beaten NE away from home before. Tennessee are an easy opponent, but unless Buffalo win, KC are done since they'll lead to Pittsburgh (who they cannot beat). I agree Atlanta are the danger team too even though I think they're one and done. If Atlanta win they go straight into the NFC Championship game.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 4th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

FreezShock Posted: 09:34 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440859
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
I'd say New Orleans, as Brees has played really well lately, not to mention having amazing ground support.

Remember to vote in the Brawl please Sanzano!

Ahem. I'm doing some research at some point today and then I'll choose who I'm going with.

Warrior13 Posted: 15:16 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440867
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: I still have Atlanta defeating New England in the Super Bowl (have since the Preseason), but should things not unfold that way and Brees takes on Brady, I would have to go with Brady. Brees only defeated Peyton way back when because the Saints were cheating with Bounty Gate, the main reason why it also wasn't Peyton vs Favre in that Super Bowl.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 4th 2018 »
FreezShock Posted: 22:26 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440880
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
I remember the Vikes-Saints game. I wasn't even 10 and I was in a travelling hockey league during the game, so they put up the score on the scoreboard lol

Warrior13 Posted: 23:15 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440896
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That game was horrible. Favre literally got his brains batted in. I seriously cannot believe that that wasn't the game to end Favre's Career. It was late hit after late hit, most of which weren't being called because the Saints had the pity card of Hurricane Katrina and the rise of the Who Dat Nation. NFL took away a draft pick and suspended Brady when they caught word of some balls possibly being deflated, yet only two coaches were suspended for what the Saints did. If I was in charge, I would've had them forfeit their title and just go without a champion that year. Not only were they cheating via bribery, but they were intentionally trying to hurt people.

FreezShock Posted: 23:23 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440899
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
That was awful. I don't remember hearing much about it, which is the sad thing. There's enough danger already.

That said, you've gotta feel bad for Drew Brees IF he didn't know what was going on.

Warrior13 Posted: 23:30 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440902
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
EVERYONE knew what was going on. Shockey, the team's TE, was the one who finally went to the NFL about it because he knew it was wrong and wasn't going to just stand by and let their Defense seriously hurt someone the following year. If any of the players, whether offense or defense, tried to say they didn't know, and I know many of them did, they are no doubt lying.

"Bounty Gate does not bother me, does your conscience bother you?"
FreezShock Posted: 23:38 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440905
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
As I said, I was under 10 and had little interest in the NFL at the time so I didn't know lol

From ages 5-10, I was a NASCAR nerd. And I hated Jimmie Johnson with a burning passion, rooted for Elliot Sadler and Jeff Gordon. Because one of them shared my name, perhaps???

Warrior13 Posted: 23:45 Jan04 2018 Post ID: 3440908
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No worries. lol But did you like my Leonard Skynerd Paraphrase? Wiseguy

Jeff and Jr were my favorites, though I wouldn't say I was a huge Nascar Fan. My first love was football, that pigskin had my heart since the first time I laid my eyes upon the gridiron. <3

Writing, of course, is my second love, followed by BWW. XD XD XD

FreezShock Posted: 00:00 Jan05 2018 Post ID: 3440913
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
I don't know what a Skynerd or a BWW is lol

Football is my favorite sport to watch now, but even then, I don't because it stresses me out. I think my dad's hyper-cynical Vikes fan rubbed off on me RIP lol. My dad sends him one text midway through the game and the next thing he knows his textbox is flooded with complaints and ranting lololol

Displaying Page 82 of 466
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | ... | 464 | 465 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close