Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 84 of 466
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | ... | 464 | 465 | Last     Previous | Next
MMewtwoEXY Posted: 10:10 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441081
MMewtwoEXY
Post Likes: 7
+
I don't what's up with you people. The Vikings are going to win the Superbowl. Here's why:

1. 8 out of 11 sports illustrated experts said the Vikings would go to the Superbowl. 4 picked them to win it all.
2. Defense wins championships. The Minnesota defense has given up only 8 TDs at home this year. 6 of them were in garbage time.
3. Turnovers cost you the game. Case Keenum rarely throws interceptions, and quite frankly, our running backs don't fumble.
4. An elite running game, despite losing Dalvin Cook early, the Vikings have the second best RB duo in the league. (Saints are first)
5. A great passing game, Case Keenum is playing at an elite level having a QB rating of 98.3 and a completion percentage of 67.6. Not to mention it seems Adam Thielen can catch anything.
6. Home field advantage, the Vikings are 7-1 at home this year. The Eagles will lose next week, giving us home field advantage throughout the playoffs and even during the Superbowl.

I predict my New Orleans Saints will beat the hated Carolina Panthers and that stylish hippie they call a QB in Cam Newton. And the Jaguars will easily dominate the Bills, who are likely without Lesean McCoy today.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
FreezShock Posted: 10:58 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441082
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
All the Titans are is Marcus Mariota. If he does well, they have a shot. If he doesn't do well, they're screwed.

Mewtwo makes a convincing argument here. The Vikes have a good shot!

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Sanzano Posted: 11:52 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441086
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I think the Vikings get beat against the Saints in a low scoring NFC playoff game next week. The Vikings did beat the Saints by 10 points in the season opener but that was BEFORE the Saints got rid of Adrian Peterson and put together the best rushing game in the league. I think that will be the difference in the rematch.

If New Orleans beat Minnesota they will host the NFC championship game against Atlanta who I now think have a good shot at redeeming themselves in the Super Bowl because whoever the play it is going to be close. I still think New Orleans will be the team lifting the Vince Lombardi trophy at the end of the Super Bowl in February though.

Philadelphia without Wentz will get beat next week against Atlanta, love them or hate them the Falcons are suddenly looking like Super Bowl contenders.

Glad I am not a Kansas City supporter after seeing them self destruct in the second half against the Titans. It is ironic they started the first half of the game like they did the season and played the second half like they did mid-season. I hope Washington do not pick up Alex Smith because he is not the guy who is going to lead them to a Super Bowl.

Although the Falcons played well beating the Rams they gave up 7.2 yards every time Gurley touched the ball which is worrying if you are a Falcon fan because there?s a good chance they will have to take on the best rushing attack in the league in New Orleans if they want to play in the Super Bowl.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 7th 2018 »

FreezShock Posted: 14:18 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441096
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
Falcons won't win the SB this year. They're good, but won't be quite elite for the time being, Matty is too average IMO.

I see it as being between Vikes, Saints, Pats, and maybe Steelers.

« Last edited by FreezShock on Jan 7th 2018 »

MMewtwoEXY Posted: 15:11 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441100
MMewtwoEXY
+
Vikings and Patriots. No doubt about it.
Sanzano Posted: 16:07 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441101
Sanzano
+
Patriots are looking more likely now. Their first playoff game is now against the Tennessee Titans, which they should win comfortably at home.The Jaguars have just beaten the Bills so they will go to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers and I have a feeling this game could be an upset. It is by no means a formality even though the Steelers will probably be heavy favourites, when you look at the big picture you can see that the Jaguars have a good defense and running attack and a quarterback who doesn?t make many mistakes and to be honest quite a few of the Steelers wins this season have been less than convincing so it should be an interesting close game that could go either way.

Whether it?s the Saints or Panthers I have a feeling the Vikings limitations will be exposed next week. They have an impressive record at 12-3 but when you analyse it it?s the result of a weak schedule. The Steeler mauled them, the Panthers did the same, struggled with the Lions twice and only just beat the Falcons. The Vikings only won two games all season by more than two touchdowns and one of those teams was the 0-16 Cleveland Browns.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 7th 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 18:22 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441103
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Hello??? I made the New England @ Minnesota SB prediction with Minnesota winners about 1-2 weeks ago, and only now it's a news flash? Minnesota could very well be one and done, but they could easily go all the way. They will get homefield advantage throughout as long as they win (Philly will easily lose to Atlanta) and have lost one home game (7-14 to Detroit) so as Mewtwo said at home they're dangerous. It's still undecided who they'll face; New Orleans are winning 24-19 after giving up a TD recently, and Carolina have the ball so anything can happen. Personally I think Minnesota should take care of either; NO are looking mediocre as of late & Carolina are so hot and cold.

Pittsburgh mauled Minnesota when Case Keenum was playing his first game in around 9 months and his first ever game with Minnesota. It was Week 2.
I can't explain the Detroit loss, but it was a fair way back I guess.
Carolina did not maul them at all. Minnesota came back from a deficit to tie the game, and as Freez has said Cam's long run was a fluke.
You can't use Atlanta and not say they were a contender. They were riding a winning streak at the time and were leading, but Minnesota held tough and got ahead.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 21:17 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441109
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Matt: I made my Patriots v Falcons Super Bowl Prediction back in the Preseason. ;) :P

Went 3-1 for the Wild Card Round. Going with Patriots, Steelers, Falcons, and Vikings for the Divisional Round.
Matt77 Posted: 21:38 Jan07 2018 Post ID: 3441110
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Michael: I predicted success for Atlanta back in Week 5 of last season ;) :P

Mediocre 2-2. For now my tips will be the same as you.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 02:40 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441112
Sanzano
+
New Orleans play their best football in dome stadiums, Minnesota play in a dome stadium and the Super Bowl is held in Minnesota. I still like those Saints, check out Brees career stats in playoff games:

He's now averaging an NFL-record 326.3 passing yards in 12 career postseason games. If not for a desperation fourth-down heave that was picked by Mike Adams, he would also own the best TD-to-INT ratio (26:7) in playoff history.

I expect the Vikings defense to stuff Kamara and Ingram next week, the Saints will do the damage with Brees through the air. The Saints had the best offensive line protection in the league this season.

You've also got to remember Brees has been to the Super Bowl and won it so he won't feel the pressure like that Casey 'what's his name' guy who is quarterbacking the Vikings. To be honest I think the Panthers would have beaten the Vikings again next week if they had of beat the Saints last night. I think Minnesota is all hype, they haven't done anything really apart from putting together a good record against mediocre opponents. When you reach the playoffs the teams that come through are those with strong leaders and proven big time players who have a history of producing when it matters, I don't see anyone on the Vikings who fits that description. In fact Minnesota have a long history of choking in big games they were expected to win.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 8th 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 04:02 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441114
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Defaeted New Orleans*
Defeated Detroit
Dominated LA Rams
Defeated Atlanta

These were impressive. Yes playoffs are a different story but the statement that they've played mediocre opponents is just wrong. 3/4 of those wins were at home too (where they will be playing next week). If those wins aren't impressive then what is??? Going 16-0 including 2-0 against NE?

New Orleans choked (Brees INT) in their first test against Atlanta, and they also lost to the one and done LA Rams. A near loss to Washington (7-9 & lost to NYG) too. If anyone is unconvincing it would be the Saints.

New Orleans have been pretty unconvincing imo these past few weeks. Their running game is nonexistant now and while Brees is a champion the Minnesota defense will be keen to pick him off. Carolina would've been thrashed had they beaten NO. No-one is giving Minnesota credit still, and that serves as a worrying sign for other teams. When the spotlight is on a young and upcoming team they usually flail, so as long as they go under the radar and don't have the pressure to win they should be fine. This game to me is very much like ATL @ LAR; I thought LA Rams would win at home but wouldn't have been surprised if Atlanta won. I think Minnesota win at home but NO can definitely win.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:56 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441117
Sanzano
+
Lol, Matt, the Vikings beat New Orleans but Sam Bradford was the quarterback, not that Casey 'what's his name' guy. Bradford had a great day completing 27 of 32 passes for 346 yards and 3 touchdowns. I doubt that unexperienced Casey will be able to the same thing in such a high pressure game and also Dalvin Cook that day rushed for 127 yards on 22 carries. Last I heard he's injured for the season and he won't be playing either, plus the Vikings lost their last game against Chicago. It could be argued they were resting players but it's not good for team morale to go into the playoffs on a defeat especially when you are not playing for two weeks, doubts start to linger.

I'm expecting Minnesota to shut down the Saints running game, to do so they have to bring up the safety and free/strong safety and commit the linebackers which means Brees is going to have a big day. As soon as Brees starts zipping those passes around the Minnesota confidence will deflate. I take New Orleans to win this game with a score of something like 24-14.

MMewtwoEXY Posted: 08:31 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441118
MMewtwoEXY
+
First of all the Vikings beat Chicago both times they played them.
We're perfectly fine without Dalvin cook as Murray and Mcinnon have combined for only .3 yds per game less than him.
Our defense has only gotten better since we played the Saints in week 1. And the Saints only touchdown came in garbage time.
I don't think Brees will be "zipping" passes around the field against are secondary which sports 1st team all pro corner Xavier Rhodes and 1st team all pro safety Harrison Smith.

That being said, I'm actually a Saints fan. Drew Brees is my all time favourite player. I own his jersey, rookie card, and biography.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:19 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441123
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Saints vs Vikings, in my estimate, will be the only good game. Sure, all of them will be relatively close (sort of), but I feel we already KNOW who will be winning in the other three games.
FreezShock Posted: 12:01 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441125
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
I don't see why you're so overcritical of the Vikings. Mewtwo and Dennis seem a bit biased for Vikes and Saints, respectively, Matt's the voice of reason here.

Yes, the Rams are young and new so I could see them being beaten by the vengeful, battle-worn Falcons. But you haven't watched every Vikings game. During their streak of having only one loss, most of the Vikings' games were over after one half of playing time. They really could have scored higher in most situations, they just didn't need too. And Case 'whatshisname' Keenum holds more college QB records than any other QB or something like that, I don't quite remember. He was a first-round draft pick that went to crappy teams and never had a chance to shine.

It's gonna be weird as heck next year though, with Bradford, Bridgewater, AND now Keenum, all seemingly good QB's. Bridgewater was never amazing, however, and Bradford's injury problems will forever hold him back.

Sanzano Posted: 13:49 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441130
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, there?s always an upset in the playoffs.This week it was the Titans, still can?t believe the Chiefs managed to screw up that game after the position they were in halftime. Nobody gave them a realistic chance against the Chiefs, all the experts picked Kansas. People are calling the Falcons victory over the Rams an upset but I had no doubt in my mind the Falcons would win that game.

Whose next weeks upset?

I still think it?s New Orleans beating Minnesota.
I can?t see the Titans pulling off another upset against New England. I think they will be resoundingly beat.
Pittsburgh you just know are going to somehow win ugly against the Jaguars and Atlanta will break Philadelphia?s heart.
New Orleans against Minnesota to be honest with I you I wouldn?t like to bet on, I just have a hunch New Orleans will walk away with the win and set up an epic NFC Championsip game against the Falcons that will be a high sciring game decided on turnovers.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:05 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441132
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
New England is gonna murder Tennessee.
Pittsburgh will handle Jacksonville.
Atlanta will probably just defeat Philadelphia.
And the final game will either be super close or a surprising blowout no matter who wins.
Sanzano Posted: 16:48 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441134
Sanzano
+
You?re sitting on the fence Warrior13, if you?re not careful you will get splinters in your a*se. Who you picking, Vikings or Saints? I make you bang on the money with your breakdown though. It?s basically a coin toss, do you have a feeling about one of the teams and why.

Up until this evening I?ve avoided reading about experts predictions on the playoffs as I find they tend to influence my judgement (I got burned with the Kansas City hype train at the start of the season) but I have noticed reading through them that up until the Saints vs Carolina game nearly every one of them was predicting Minnesota playing at home in the Super Bowl. Now some of these experts have changed their mind and are leaning towards the Saints. The key matchup apparently is whether the Vikings cornerbacks can cover the Saints wide receivers. You can discount the first meeting between the two teams in week 1 as the Saints were dreadful then, they are a different team now as is Minnesota.

One worrying stat for Minnesota fans is that the Viking quarterback has been sacked 17 times in his last three games. It might surprise everyone and be the Saints defense that grabs the headlines when they maul and sack the Vikings inexperienced quarterback on their way to victory. In comparison, the Saints Offense has been outstanding during the Saints last three games protecting Brees.

Warrior13 Posted: 19:03 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441139
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I am going with the Vikings. Saints and Falcons are the most dangerous teams in the NFC, but the Saints made some pretty bad mistakes against Carolina. If it was not for the Panthers missing that chip shot early, they would have won by a single point.

I do not really trust Case Keenum, but they can win if their defense shows up and he makes no mistakes. Gonna be close either way.
Matt77 Posted: 20:12 Jan08 2018 Post ID: 3441142
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
^ Very good point Tortured Soul about the missed FG.

If I were to pick a game that could be an upset, NO @ MIN is the obvious one, but to me Jacksonville are a chance against Pittsburgh. We saw LA Rams come out sluggish (at home) after sitting out for a week. Pittsburgh's starters have sat out for TWO weeks, and are also playing at home. New England will slaughter Tennessee & Philly are awful without Wentz.

Jacksonville have been really disappointing recently and were lucky to win against the awful Bills. They went for a 4th and Goal and scored a TD, but if that pass misses it's tied 3-3 and late in the game Buffalo got to JAX 40. Without the pressure to get down into the endzone they probably wouldn't have given away a 10-yard penalty. That gave them a chance at a 57-yard FG to win the game if they didn't make any more yards on the last plays. That said, after a couple of poor weeks there's bound to be a better performance soon.

Watching the highlights of their game, the Jacksonville defense are absolutely brutal. It will remain to be seen whether Antonio Brown is fully fit as he is the heartbeat of that offense. Psychologically after the 5 INT performance Big Ben could potentially crack under pressure, since it's the same team at the same venue. Pittsburgh are lucky to even be in playoffs and could very well be one and done; exactly what they deserve.
^ = Good performance
* = Lucky/extremely lucky win
21-18 over Cleveland
26-9 over Minnesota^
17-23 OT loss to Chicago (with Mike Glennon)
26-9 over Baltimore^
9-30 loss to Jacksonville
19-13 over Kansas City^
29-14 over Cincy
20-15 over Detroit*
20-17 over Indy*
40-17 over Tennessee^
31-28 over Green Bay*
23-20 over Cicny*
39-38 over Baltimore*
24-27 loss to New England
34-6 over Houston
There was a stretch where they should've really gone 2-3 at best but potentially 1-4. They are a 10-6 level team that got very lucky with clutch players. Their good wins were evident at the start of the season but have really gone away in the later half.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 84 of 466
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | ... | 464 | 465 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close