Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Forever - The Endless World [RP]

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 10 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
nightmare2 Posted: 18:18 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3106013
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
"I think it's annoyed at me... maybe I need large fireballs."

The fireballs he threw slowly became larger, upon impact they exploded more violently. Night however didn't think much on this as he knew they did little more than annoy it, like flies to people, so while carelessly launching them off he began concentrating on a more refined attack. He let it approach while he thought which of his many attacks within his arrayment would do the most damage. Though before it's lower end had managed to contact, let alone get near him, he disappeared in a bright and heated flash of light reapping a little above Garm. On the soles of his feet were fireballs, customized to keep him aloft.

"Sup lil dragonboy? Nice wings ya got there... quite useful too. Here I am-"

Night stops for a moment to blast a few small fireballs at it's eyes that explode in a blinding light in an attempt to disorient it.

"having to waste my energy to float in the air and you can convientently flap your wings to stay aloft.... Anyway I'm pretty sure were aren't doing any actual damage."

Night seemed to summon a bow to his side, he grabbed it and create an arrow of flames then readied it and fired away expirementally at it's eye. He now had an idea but it would take some more time to get the attack ready.

"Not here... stupid informant..."
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
penguinlord352 Posted: 23:54 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3106058
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
"You're right. These are more convenient. And that shock just a bit ago certainly did something."

Erika dispersed her mini-hurricane and Garm caught her as she fell. She began to focus her magic on the air around the centipede's head, removing all breathable air and replacing it with poisonous clouds of flammable gas. Once this was done, she released her focus and let Night's fireballs do the rest.
Good idea. Make the midget do the work for us.

I thought so too. Using him is so gratifying.
Erika was beginning to think of alternatives in case this failed as well. Garm flew a safe distance from the centipede, but he could still swoop in with fire to distract the beast if necessary.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Apr 8th 2012 »
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Yogi_Bear Posted: 00:25 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106061
Yogi_Bear
Post Likes: 0
+
Fheren did as he was told and followed, firing arrows in twos and threes, and picking up any that he found lying on the ground as he approached the beast. "What do we do now?" he bellowed over the loud noises of the beast. As he waited for an answer, all he could do was fire more arrows off of its flank, bouncing them off its hard shell.
Thanks Craizen

Proc^^
++Pixel Euphoria
Craizen Posted: 14:02 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106229
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Cyrus moved position as debris was beginning to fall, moving to a safer distance. The armor on this thing was amazing, nature had really done it's job. Even it wasn't natural, he considered it having still one weakness he might be able to exploit. he charged energy again, and released it to the under belly of the centipede, creating shocking tendrils to lick at it's softer parts. His energy levels were doing fine, this was no big deal for him.
nightmare2 Posted: 18:07 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106289
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Oh that is rather nice, though I had assumed you had noticed that fire against it's armor doesn't actually hurt it. Need something that pierces not just bluntly explodes around it."

Either way he lit the gases aflame and watch it ignite quite brightly, he closed his eye to not be blinded tough even after the light had faded and he opened his eyes he found he had a few dark spots. He relaoded his bow with a few more fire arrows and examined the centipede for any sign of actualy damage, such as melted parts of it's natural armor.

"Probably wasn't smart to do that while the centipede is so close to the town..."

An after thought from the actualy explosion with the Centipede being so close to the town, if that had worked they would have risked it falling onto the town. Also if the gas dispersed more the town around could have ingited in flames. Night decided not to use fire until they were a safe distance from the town. Instead he switched over to electricity and infused it into the already made arrow of fire.

"Should be natural areas where the armor, plates, end and being that it is pretty big they should be pretty noticeable. Along with the underbelly and legs we have plenty of options in which to focus on seeing as attacking the armor is more of a waste than good effort."

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 20:34 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106317
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Erika is very precise with her wind magic. And with her water magic, theodds of the fire spreading to the town were almost zero."
Garm is rather proud of the elemental combination Erika makes with him. Between his fire breathing and her magic, they'd done a pretty good job fighting off anyone who'd tried to harm them thus far. This centipede was the toughest thing they'd fought in a long time. Probably the toughest they'd ever fought. Garm kept flying at a distance, looking for the same chinks in the armor that Night was searching for.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Apr 9th 2012 »

1 : 2 Posted: 20:59 Apr20 2012 Post ID: 3108289
1 : 2
+
The woman couldn't answer. She continued to run ahead, firing arrows in intervals up until the poisonous gas that enveloped it, and came to a stop when she caught sight of something that worried her even more. There were townsfolk that had gone on the ground and knelt in the presence of the monstrous centipede. They shoved away anyone trying to pull them up, which frightened her.
"It's as I have feared..." she turned to Fheren, her head hung low, in thought. "That is no ordinary creature. It is one of the ruling visages of Tochi no Shugoshin, the god of land..."

The centipede's head lashed out at Garm and Night from within the smoke of the explosion, obviously unharmed from the explosion due to its hardened carapace and the poison due to its own toxins. It batted Garm and Night back into town with the sides of its head, its speed relatively increasing with its aggression.
"Ah! Night! Tigerman!" Thistle witnessed them getting flung away, but she had her own hands full. The tail was threatening to destroy even more structures, as well as people who'd stopped running and had knelt down on the streets. She hugged the tail not fully through due to its thickness with both hands and held on with all her strength, but the centipede was smarter than any average beast. It raised it up and smashed it down, down on the girl that's holding it back. The shock and sore getting to Thistle with a jolt almost made her let go, but even though the red liquid had seeped down her nose and a cut on her forehead, she remained steadfast. "You need to take a nap, big guy!" she almost seemed to growl, as she grit her teeth, summoned up all her reservoir of strength, and lifted the centipede up by its end and flung it backwards, crashing into a small forest behind them both and decimating the trees. The centipede bellowed again, and Thistle stopped. She felt, for an instant, that she was turning into 'the other side of her'. It was something she hated a lot, and would do anything to make sure it didn't go through.

The centipede rose. It sprung at Thistle and smashed into her headlong, and she was powerless to stop it. Ravaging the earth, it dragged Thistle along with it as it closed in on the town of Shukusai, rocketing like a loose train, and it would easily destroy anything that comes in its way if it's not stopped. Thistle sent her feet down onto the ground, but they were dragged along, leaving trails in the grass and earth.

penguinlord352 Posted: 00:12 Apr21 2012 Post ID: 3108300
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm backflips in midair using his wings and turns into his panther form, using its agility and raw physical power to recover from the blow safely without harm befalling Erika.
"Great. How do we stop a deity?"
Nevertheless, he charged off, Erika in his arms, following the wake of destruction through the city, intending to find some weakness in the beast's hide.

nightmare2 Posted: 13:58 Apr21 2012 Post ID: 3108382
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Night disappears in a burst of fire and reapapears on the ground not to far off, he stares at Thistle and reminds himself not to anger her.

"Great giant bug is smart and has hard head... Let's see could soak it in water then give it a shock. Or turn the earth beneath it into mud to slow it down. Illusions? That could trick it into heading away but not to sure if they wil work against a bug."

Night creates two fireballs beneath his feet and propells himself forward into the air and after the rampaging centipede thowing the occasionaly exploding fireball at it's own back. He switched from fireballs to sharp arrows made of electricity and tried his best to send them into the chinks in it's own natural plated armor. He glanced over and saw Garm bounding after it with Erika in his arms.

Why is he carrying her? Can't she fly herself?

An idea popped into his head as far as distractions go, he slowed down and summoned a pheonix, different from before this one was large, around the size of wagon, and was made of scorching hot blue flames. It flew off at an amzing speed and easily reach the centipede's head in no time where it began releasing many fireballs onto it's head and generally just annoying it as much as the pheonix could.

1 : 2 Posted: 03:42 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3108930
+
((actually, Garm, the battle's taking place on the edges of the town, instead of reaching the center... well yet. Maybe. And nobody's trying to help Thistle, lol.))

"Night! You have to do something to stop this thing! Your birdie's not working!!!" Thistle shouted out loud, not even wincing as the fireballs hit the centipede's head just around her, still trying in vain to stop the centipede's advance on Shukusai. She gripped hard onto the centipede's head carapace, but her fingers couldn't dig into the shell even when she uses her full strength, much to her disbelief. Her feet continued to make grooves in the earth below as she was dragged, but it stopped when a hand pulled her up by the back of her shirt and onto the centipede's earth-like shell.
"It's a good thing you're not as heavy as your punches are." remarked Geoff, steadying himself aboard the 'living train' after pulling Thistle to his side. "Run." he added, helping Thistle herself stand steady and start running beside him.
"Geoff! Why do you have to be so late all the time!?" she quipped, and ran forward on top of the centipede's back without asking.
"I had to get those two to safety. Plus, I learned something's that's not really good for our sake and also something else that might just let us win." his eyes darted around on the monster's back, clearly looking for something among the hectic pace. "If I saw right, one of the dragon animus' fireballs hit a spot twice. Then one of Night's fireball hit that very same spot. I don't know if it's luck, but it might just be what we need right now. A weakened spot on its shell." he looked at the creature's side, wondering why it didn't flinch to Cyrus' electrical tendrils like it took a shock to his electricity earlier.

Just as he turned his attention back to its lower back that they were currently sprinting on, Geoff saw it - a potential weak spot, marked with deeply blackened rings due to the multiple exploding fireballs. He'd stopped heading for the centipede when he ran into crowds of people kneeling down on the floor in worship to this 'deity', but it gave him enough time to observe the battle. He wasn't sure how, but his senses were refined enough to catch everything that happened, including the centipede's potential weak spot surfacing. He spun the common iron sword he had snatched just some time before in his hand and held it backhand, readying to throw it. he figured that if these people worshiped this monster, killing it immediately with the Lantern Sword wouldn't be the greatest of things to be done. Though he does doubt if the sword of light would penetrate its shell, seeing the things it's survived.
"This thing's getting closer to town. If it crashes in, it's be a disaster!" Thistle said anxiously. She had no idea on stopping this monster, and from the way she saw it, nobody else could. At that time she could only hope on Geoff. "We're not going to make it in time!" she added. Geoff could only think about the townsfolk kneeling in the centipede's path.

A dash of cerulean. A burst of ice. The centipede lost its footing and balance on the suddenly ice-covered earth and swerved on its side, crashing into a large psychic barrier that was so thick and dense it looked like a wall of glass in the light of night. Indestructible glass, that is. Although Yurino didn't think so - she was confident that the only reason her psychic barrier held was because Chief Hakamori's arrows of winter freezing the ground and making it slippery - decreasing the centipede's speed because of its loss of balance.
"Wh-Whoa!" Thistle almost fell over due to the sudden stop, but regained her balance and continued to run alongside Geoff, whom wasted no time to throw the iron sword blade-first onto the weak spot.
"Kick it, Thistle! Kick it with everything you've got!" he told her, throwing her forward by the waist, after the sword. Thistle nodded as she neared it and sent her foot down on the end of the hilt with all her might, sending the blade piercing into the shell, and breaking in the process. Though the blade found its way into its carapace. An unearthly roar of anguish filled the night.

penguinlord352 Posted: 16:46 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3108987
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm and Erika spotted this just as they caught up the the beast and Erika cast a spell to rip the air around the broken part of the shell into a slashing blade of wind, taking the broken pieces of the shell that fell off and impaling them into the area around the sword, avoiding Thistle.
"Good work, that should help a bit."
Garm passes by Geoff and Thistle, Erika still in his arms, being careful to use the claws on his paws to maintain traction on the ice as he ran. He slowed down, but backed up a bit and remained tense, in case the beastly insect tried to rush in their direction and a swift leap to safety was required.

nightmare2 Posted: 19:29 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3108997
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Not meant to do anything but stay alive..."

Night watched as Geoff and Thistle managed to break off a region of the shell though he couldn't figure out how. Best guess was Geoff either got lucky or had knowledge that they didn't have. Either way he fired a few arrows in a circle at the now opened up spot, he waited for everyone to leave the area. While waiting he conjured up a second pheonix, different than the other one, it was smaller and made of green flames. He had it stay on his shoulder while he put away his bow into thin air and pulled out a smple knife.

"Alright I got a better plan than this, why don't we arm someone with some explosive magic and just send them down the monsters mouth into it's stomach?"

1 : 2 Posted: 09:42 Apr27 2012 Post ID: 3109155
+
"Bad idea, Night." Geoff merely answered, jumping back and down on to the ice together with Thistle, distancing themselves from the centipede. "Anything could work, but we've had enough explosions for today. Plus, we haven't broken right through to the innards yet. We've managed to actually hurt it, but that's about it. And the mouth's probably only large enough for you to enter. So, bad idea." he said, turning slightly so the corner of his eye could catch Night's figure as well as Garm's and Erika's. The reasons he drew up weren't really in truth. He worried more about something else, but he wasn't sure if the others had noticed it yet. "We can't kill it, can we? It would probably destroy the faith of these people. A god, something like this? What's the best move right now? Grr..." he narrowed his eyes as the giant centipede rose up again. It curled and roared at them with its otherworldly sound of torment before turning away and slamming down on the ice with its underbelly, shattering the ice to grasp the unevenness of the earth below before fleeing into the darkness of night, far beyond the reaches of Shukusai's light. Geoff's only thoughts at the time were "What do we do from here on?"

penguinlord352 Posted: 14:54 Apr27 2012 Post ID: 3109199
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
It's gone now, right? Grr...it interrupted the festivities. Now I won't get to see the fireworks with you! Ugh...
Erika seems more concerned about that than the destruction of the town that has occured. Of course, she saw pretty much all of it already, but she's seen enough violence in her life to be well used to such sights by this point in her life. Garm is much the same, though he at least thinks beyond the fact of the deaths and destruction and towards burial and whether rebuilding is a good idea or if the people will simply pack up and move elsewhere to escape the giant monster's rage.

"Is it...gone?"

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Apr 27th 2012 »

nightmare2 Posted: 18:33 Apr27 2012 Post ID: 3109237
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Pity I got more important things to do than die right here and now. And yeah I am pretty sure it is gone."

Night dropped to the ground and hoped his arrows would stay in the thing until they met with it next. He looked around the ground for any bodies or injured people but he didn't see many close by, most were closer to the town itself. The larger pheonix flew over and landed next to him and waited patiently for another order.

"Heya buddy, how ya doing?"

penguinlord352 Posted: 14:25 May02 2012 Post ID: 3110036
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"That's a relief. Does that happen often around these parts? I'd rather not have to fight anything that big again without a lot of preparation beforehand."
Garm was thinking about just what he would need to take down something of that size and strength and the list was very long, very expensive, and full of very hard to get supplies.

Erika dozed off in his arms, content that the beast was gone. Though she'd recovered a lot of energy through the nap earlier, she wanted to be ready for anything.

nightmare2 Posted: 15:24 May02 2012 Post ID: 3110055
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"I would assume the answer would be no, but ya never know."

Night stretched out and yawned then he looked over to Garm and Erika, noticing she was asleep. He couldn't believe she could just fall asleep after something like that, giant bug coming outta no where and rampaging like that. He felt pretty fine as far as energy went but then again that was mostly due to the two pheonix's and the other thing.

"Think I am gonna go find something to eat unless you guys need help with anything."

Night was looking over at the Princess as well as Geoff and Thistle.

1 : 2 Posted: 05:40 May03 2012 Post ID: 3110134
+
Behind the town chief, Yurino couldn't return Night's gaze in her weary state, realizing she's pulled her barrier into form too firm, and it's exhausted her even physically. As she tried to take in deep breaths, Katar looked at her with a bit of surprise. The centipede's unbelievable great weight and momentum would have easily broken such a mental-wrought defense even with his help reinforcing it, at the speed it moved. If anything, it was its loss of balance and most of it the princess' psychic prowess that held the barrier. He was amazed at her progress.

Nobody said anything on Night's remark, but an aged woman couldn't hold in her fuming anger any further; she pointed out towards Garm and blasted the words with a shrill tone; "You! You... you mindless, animalistic brutes! Don't tell me that your savage state of mind doesn't allow you to actually think about any further than yourself?! Do you know of what you've just done!? You've just brought great misfortune upon our community!" she barked, and her eyes rivaled that of a beasts' at that instance, much to her knowledge. She was simply angry over Garm's act at that time, something that Geoff and Thistle couldn't understand, the latter shocked by it.
"Hey! Panther guy here just helped us! That's not the kind of thing to say to him!" Thistle went to his defence. "What's wrong with you people? That thing tried to kill you and now you're beating him up about it?" she stared the woman straight in the eyes.
"Thistle, that's enough..." he placed an arm on her shoulder.
"What...? Geoff, you can't be serious?"
"I knew it! From the moment you lot entered our town, there would be nothing but trouble! You brought an assassin horde for a scourge in the middle of our nest, and now you've provoked the great beast of the earth, one of the Earth Deity's beast of trial!" the woman claimed, and her anger had been spreading. Murmurs and whispers began to take place amongst the crowd.

"It's true... There's no other reason the beast of trial would rise up once more..."
"Our current chief has aged far too much... There was nothing he could do against it..."
"Bearers of black fate... That crow the young child had at his side earlier proves it..."
"Such impudence... And the nerve to say such things after what they've done..."

Thistle was growing impatient with the crowd. Geoff didn't want her to go berserk again. Partly was that he knew who it would hurt the most. Yurino was saddened by the turn of events, and she wasn't able to get close to her new friends. Others of her six Royal Guards arrived prioritizing her safety first and foremost as they got onto the scene. However, Gen was not among them. Yurino, though, was too occupied to realize.

Craizen Posted: 14:08 May03 2012 Post ID: 3110186
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Cyrus grimaced and turned away as the crowd started murmur; walking away as the shouts started. It reminded him of his past, being sent away for being too useless and returning without being able to do a thing. At least their wasn't anger then. Now it was a city clamoring and shouting, calling him the cause of the evil and probably soon for arrest and even death. He didn't think it would go that far, but a crowed ripped into a frenzy is highly unpredictable. He wandered a little ways from the walls of the city and surveyed the damage before finally sitting in shadow, as he suppressed his feelings.

"Why must things never go right?" he asked quietly to himself.
penguinlord352 Posted: 14:38 May03 2012 Post ID: 3110192
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Don't bother Thistle. We're used to it. This is the treatment we get everywhere we go. People are always just waiting for any excuse they can find to pull this kind of stuff. Even our own kind have abandoned us since long ago. The only thing to do is just leave. This is how Animus and excommunicated Magi are treated the world over. Especially Animus with the same genetic disease I have. We're seen as the devil's foot soldiers, if you can believe it. But we'll still help people in need, even if we get hated for it. It's who we are."
Garm just turns and walks out of town after that, carrying the slumbering Erika in his furry arms. He follows Cyrus' scent and sits down a few feet away from him, reverting back to his usual self after pulling a fresh shirt out of Erika's bag. The last one got trashed when he went dragon.

"They were pointing the finger at me, you know. You might still be able to stay in town. We'll be fine out here. It isn't like this is the first time this has happened you know?"

Displaying Page 10 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close