Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 120 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 11:50 Oct24 2018 Post ID: 3446040
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Still, they're silly names.

Just did my tipping. I've only picked 1 clear upset this week, but it is a huge one. The website agrees with me and thinks the game will be close despite one team being in great form and the other not so much. But I think I am going really bold here.

There are a few 50/50 games though. PHI @ JAX (London), TB @ CIN, SEA @ DET, BAL @ CAR, IND @ OAK, GB @ LAR, SF @ ARI, and NO @ MIN. Actually there's 8...

I tipped 10 home teams and 4 away teams this week.

...ugh. New England @ Buffalo is on MNF...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 24th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 20:59 Oct24 2018 Post ID: 3446042
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I tipped 9 home and five roads teams; however, I would hardly say either team in London is a true home or away.

I can't say I picked any major upset this week. Like you mentioned, Matt, there are a whole lot of toss ups this week.

Anyone have the guts to pick the Packers on the road? Wiseguy

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 24th 2018 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:07 Oct24 2018 Post ID: 3446043
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Not me. It's definitely a possibility, but if Green Bay can't beat the likes of Washington and Detroit, I don't see them beating LA Rams.

It seems like we've tipped identically, minus one or two games...

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:27 Oct25 2018 Post ID: 3446045
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
If Green Bay were at home and the game was played in the middle of December when its icy and cold in Wisconsin I'd take Green Bay over the west coast Rams but in the Rams back yard on a mild October night you have to favor the Rams. One thing sticks out with this game though, desire to win. The Rams are due to drop a game and the Packers are desperate for a win to stay in the race for a playoff berth so there is the possibility of an upset here, especially if Aaron Rogers is on form. It's a case of am I brave enough to go for the upset and maybe pull a game back on Warrior13 or lose and fall further behind...

Matt77 Posted: 03:53 Oct25 2018 Post ID: 3446046
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Aaron Rodgers is a genius at QB yes, but is the GB defense going to be able to stop Goff, and Gurley? Amazingly Gurley has scored 14 TDs in 7 games this season! That sort of number would be acceptable for a full season. In the two games this season that LA Rams very nearly lost (Seattle & Denver), they were playing away from home. Personally I don't know who is going to beat them in LA.

In week 4 when Minnesota and came into LA desperate for a win, facing a beat-up LA Rams defense, they lost in a shootout 31-38. Cousins played superbly for 59 minutes yet they couldn't get the win. A few weeks later Seattle challenged LA Rams, but also lost in a shootout 31-33. If GB @ LAR turns into a shootout, I see the same result.

Personally I wouldn't do it, but then again I'm going really bold in a game this week. If your gut tells you to tip Green Bay, then do it.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 25th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:29 Oct25 2018 Post ID: 3446047
Sanzano
+
That's the problem Matt, I don't have confidence that Aaron Rogers has the supporting cast to pull off the upset. Everyone can see just by looking at the fixture it is an interesting game and I think Goff and the Rams will be out to prove to the nation they are legitimate contenders for the Super Bowl by beating the Packers. The Rams will eventually drop a game in the next few weeks and it will be a meaningless away game which they couldn't motivate themselves for.

Just done my tips and like last week they all look like winners. If I get more than three wrong this week I'll be surprised. There's a couple of nasty games in there to predict but most of them look straight forward to me. Then again what do I know, I'm trailing Warrior13 the leader of the competition by a mile.

Matt77 Posted: 07:08 Oct25 2018 Post ID: 3446049
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I feel confident in all my tips except 3 of them. One bizarrely is Miami @ Houston tomorrow. Houston are at home, have won 4 in a row, and have the superior QB, offense, and defense. I tipped Houston by 10, but I wouldn't be surprised if Miami can pull off the miracle upset. After all, there's still one more week of Brocktober... Also last time they played Miami led 41-0 at half time.

In reality though it should be a cakewalk to Houston. Miami's 2 best WRs are injured (Wilson is likely out for the season) and DeVante Parker's manager called Adam Gase "incompetent" during the week. I don't know why I have a weird feeling about the game.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:58 Oct25 2018 Post ID: 3446061
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Great minds think alike...
Matt77 Posted: 11:30 Oct26 2018 Post ID: 3446067
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Indeed, all 3 of us tipped Houston by 10 :p

Miami were slaughtered in the ground, again. Clearly injuries are taking their toll. Then Watson went unsacked (he is the most sacked QB in the NFL) and passed at 80% for 5TDs & 0INTs. To be honest the Miami offense did well to score 23 points away from home with their 2 best WRs out. DeVante Parker had 134 yards from 6 receptions. Osweiler wasn't horrible, but he struggled no doubt. The real issue is the defense.

Unbelievable that Houston are at 5-3 after starting 0-3. In week 4 Indy went for it on 4th and 4 in their own territory and failed, giving Houston a last-second chance which they took. If Tennessee and Jacksonville keep stuffing around, Houston could run away with the division.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 26th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 04:31 Oct27 2018 Post ID: 3446081
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yep, Miami's season is officially over. They will have to finish 6-2 over their final eight games, but we all know that isn't happening. Clearly, San Diego and one of the AFC North Teams will be claiming to the two Wild Card Spots in the AFC. (Unless San Diego wets the bed and two AFC North Teams reach the Wild Cards.)
Matt77 Posted: 07:59 Oct27 2018 Post ID: 3446088
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Do NOT trust Baltimore. I repeat. They will be competitive enough during the season and will have some great wins, but in the end they will fall at the last hurdle. 3 seasons ago they conceded a TD to Pittsburgh on the last play of week 16, eliminating themselves from playoffs and allowing Pittsburgh to survive. Last season on the last play of week 17, they allowed a Cincy TD which eliminated themselves from the playoffs. The Pittsburgh Dogs were literally handed the AFC North lead IN THEIR BYE WEEK, and will not let it go now. LA Chargers/Kansas City will get a wildcard spot, but I'd say either Jacksonville or Houston (whoever doesn't win the AFCS) will get #6.

But yes, Miami are cooked. All 40/60 games must be won from now on, and an upset win must also be achieved. And that will be with a banged up Tannehill, a woeful defense, and an offense without the high-flying Wilson. This is gonna have to be a 2016/17 repeat.

Also a ramdom, off-topic note: You heard it from me, Arizona & San Francisco will tie this week.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 27th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 20:21 Oct28 2018 Post ID: 3446102
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well, they nearly, could've quite possibly tied...

Not an awful week of tipping. My crazy upset pick of NY Giants fell through, although they didn't get thrashed. My upset pick of Baltimore fell through big time, but both of you fell through with San Francisco choking a 15-3 lead. Dennis, nice job tipping New Orleans.

Interesting to see Jamieis Winston get benched after 1TD and 4INTs (not a typo) for Ryan Fitzpatrick, who found his magic again to turn a 16-34 deficit into tied scores. They eventually lost cause of a Cincy FG, but the future looks grim for Winston and Tampa Bay.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 28th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:43 Oct29 2018 Post ID: 3446105
Sanzano
+
That wasn't a bad bit week of tipping by all three of us, I was hoping to make ground on Warrior13 except he had a good week as well. Next weeks game's I can't see clear winners in nearly all of the games. It's one game that could go either way after another, if Warrior13 gets any further ahead it's game over for Matt and me, we won't be able to catch him.

Matt, what possessed you to pick the Giants over the Redskins? Barkley was never going to have a 100 yard game if the likes of Elliott couldn't do it and Eli Manning this season is spending most of his time running around the backfield like a scared rabbit.

I changed my Minnesota against New Orleans tip at the last minute. I figured if the Vikings needed a 'miracle' to beat the Saints last time it is highly unlikely they are going to get another one the following year.

49rs against the Raiders next week, what a horrible game to tip, I'll probably go with the Raiders as they are coming off a bye week and I wasn't impressed the way the 49rs lot to Arizona.

Matt77 Posted: 03:44 Oct29 2018 Post ID: 3446106
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Your New Orleans tip gave you the edge this week. You're on 11 and Warrior's on 10.

I figured NY Giants had a chance because they were at home, they nearly won @ Atlanta, they haven't won for ages, and Washington were bound to put in a disappointing display. They actually had their chances, but a soul-crushing INT from inside Washington's red zone and awful penalties hurt them big time. Think about it, if Eli manages to get a TD instead of turning the ball over, the scores would've probably ended up being 20-20 and heading into overtime.

Really though I just didn't have faith in Washington to win 3 consecutive. But keeping Barkley to below 40 yards and sacking Eli Manning 7 times, away from home, tells me a lot. Seeing Philly barely scrape past a banged-up Jacksonville and Washington look impressive again, makes my prediction of Washington winning the NFC East look like a score.

I only tipped Minnesota cause I thought NO were due for a loss, and it was @ MIN. New Orleans were seriously impressive. I mean, Brees passed for 120 yards and threw his first INT of the season and they still won comfortably. I think LA Rams and New Orleans are locked in to get 1st week byes.

OAK @ SF will be hard. How on earth did that get a primetime slot? According to their current W-L records, this game is literally the worst primetime match in the history of the NFL. I'll probably go with SF cause they're at home, but they were so disappointing yesterday. I'm lucky Arizona pulled off the comeback, or I would've been so far behind in tipping.
FYI: You got mixed up. Oakland lost at home, 28-42 to Indy. Carr threw 3TDs, 0INTs, and scored his only rushing TD of his career.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 29th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:42 Oct29 2018 Post ID: 3446107
Sanzano
+
I think I will go Oakland with that game, even though they lost quite badly they still managed to put up 28 points which is one a quarter. I think that may get the job done against the 49rs who are not renown for scoring lots of points.

I must admit I though exactly the same as you when I saw that the 49rs and Oakland had been given a prime time slot. I can only think that the games are predetermined before the season and it looked like an attractive matchup as they are nieghbouring teams that don't normally play each other. There would have been a lot of west coast interest if those teams had winning records, now not so much.

That Washington defense is shaping up to being something special, there are four Crimson Tide linemen who won a college championship in its heart now. In 2017 it was DL Jonathan Allen in the first round and outside linebacker Ryan Anderson in the second. This year its DL Da?Ron Payne taken in the first and inside linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton in the fifth. All the Redskins need now is the 49rs Reuben Foster and that's some of the best Alabama defensive players in recent years.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 29th 2018 »

Warrior13 Posted: 06:45 Oct29 2018 Post ID: 3446108
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Congrats on the win this week, Dennis! The Saints really came through for you. Before that Vikings wideout fumbled before halftime, it appeared as though Minnesota was gonna roll. How one turnover can change the entire flow of a game. lol
Matt77 Posted: 07:42 Oct29 2018 Post ID: 3446111
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think the missed XP after they took a 13-7 lead killed the flow. Bloody Minnesota and their kickers...

Dennis, these are very good signs for Washington. As long as Alex Smith can be a game manager, the defense should do enough to get wins. The problem I see is what happens next season. Adrian Peterson will probably retire, and Alex Smith will have one more year. Unless Colt McCoy and Derius Guice can both develop, it'll be back to the draft for Washington.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:55 Oct29 2018 Post ID: 3446112
Sanzano
+
If Peterson keeps playing like he has been I wouldn't be surprised if Washington reward him with a contract for another year. It would give Derius Guice a veteran to work with as he learns the scheme at Washington. Bryron Marshall or Kapri Bibbs will probably be shown the door. As for Alex Smith, he'll be around next season but Washington will have to start looking into drafting a top rookie with the intention of him taking over once Smiths contract expires. Again, they need Smith to teach this draftee the ropes. Colt McCoy isn't the man, he's just a backup who knows the system, that's evidently clear with them opting for Smith when Cousins left.

I don't think Washington will beat Atlanta next week but any run orientated team in the NFL is going to struggle against that Redskins defense, Allen, Payne and Settle are nightmares to run against. I don't see the Redkskins winnng the East, Philadelphia are starting to get their act together and are looking better each week after a dismal start.

What's the score with Miami now? Is the season over for them or are they clinging onto the hope of getting a wild card berth. Who is going to beat the Rams? They are starting to look like Super Bowl winners, I don't think even the Patriots can stop them this year.

Matt77 Posted: 09:40 Oct29 2018 Post ID: 3446113
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Don't jump on Peterson's bandwagon just yet. Last season he had a purple patch when he crossed over to Arizona, but then the hot start cooled off. Remember Peterson's awful games against Indy & New Orleans especially? Does 6 yards ring a bell? Even if he plays next season, he'll only be getting older.

Don't jump on Philly's bandwagon either. They were very fortunate to not be in trouble early when Wentz fumbled and threw an INT both in Jacksonville territory. The running game is all over the place too. Remember just last week they choked a 17-point 3QT lead AT HOME. The winner of the NFC East will come down to divisional games.

Miami are cooked. If they had 0 injuries right now, they would still be cooked. But with a tough schedule left, and injuries everywhere, it's near impossible. They can't stop the QB (or pressure the QB), they can't stop the run, and they can't move the ball efficiently themselves. Luckily we play NY Jets next week at home, but the absolute best I can see Miami finishing is 8-8.

Like you said earlier, I think LA Rams will drop a game against a mediocre opponent on a day where they're flat. The 15-1 Panthers team from a few years ago lost to a woeful Atlanta team that finished the season 2-7.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 15:02 Oct29 2018 Post ID: 3446121
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami is done. Even more so if Tannehill remains injured. Looking to the draft already. XD

The Giants are done too. I personally think they should trade for Carr from Oakland. This year's draft doesn't really have that great of QB Prospects, so a 1st Round Pick wouldn't be too much to give up. Even if they have to give a two 1st Round Picks, Carr could do serious damage with Barkley and Beckom (if they Giants can find some new O-Lineman in the offseason). Thoughts?
Displaying Page 120 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close