Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 194 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 02:03 Jan02 2020 Post ID: 3449429
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Now with Jack Del Rio added to the Redskins coaching staff, another defensive mind alongside Rivera who was on the 85 Bears team it's almost certain the Redskins will select Chase Young. The way the game is moving forward the most important thing is putting pressure on the quarterback straight away as there are quite a few young (no pun intentded) quarterbacks who if you give them time to read the situation and allow things to develop will kill you either by passing or scrambling.

The Redskins have to take Chase Young, he's still better than having both Jerry Judy and Andrew Thomas, the guy is a force that will tie up at least two defenders allowing the likes of Foster, Allen, Kerrigan, Payne, Ioannidis, and Sweat to get to the quarterback. No team in the league will be able to deal with that amount of pressure. That's four former 1st round picks. Lot's of analysts agree with me saying the Redskins defense which in 2018 was ranked in the top 10 consistantly before injuries would be elevated to another level with Chase Young in 2020.

Haskins is the problem for the Redksins, he's not NFL ready and I've heard it said that he needs another two years of NFL experience before he becomes what the Redskins hope he will be. Apparently he's very inexperienced in the fundamentals of the game, and not very mobile. If the Bengals take Chase Young with the first pick of the draft will the Redskins do what the Cardinals did with Rosen and draft Burrow? I saw Burrows stats in college and they are ridiculous, he could end up being another Payton Manning.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 09:34 Jan02 2020 Post ID: 3449430
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Don't get me wrong, I think the Redskins will draft Chase Young, no doubt. Unless, of course, the Bengals trade out or shock the world by drafting Young, which I don't see that happening. That said, however, I think the Redskins could get loads of picks and still draft quality players should they trade out of #2. Say the Bengals draft Burrow (who I personally believe is overrated) as everyone expects, the Redskins could trade back with a team desperate for a QB and want to jump both the Lions and Phins (who could both draft a QB at this point) in order to get either Tua or Herbert. The Chargers, Panthers, Jacksonville (to a lesser extent if they already want to give up on Foles), and Raiders (again to a lesser extent) all fall into this category. Who knows, the Bucs, Saints, Cowboys, Colts, and (yes) even the Pats could also be thrown into the mix depending on what happens after the year in terms of retirement and free agency.

The Redskins should have plenty of options. Draft the best play in the draft in Young, or trade back, stock up on loads of picks, and still get quality players to build around Haskins moving forward.
Matt77 Posted: 07:45 Jan04 2020 Post ID: 3449436
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
He will decide soon, but it's looking likely that Tua wont nominate for the draft...

Trade down it is! Lets hope we can bait a team like Las Vegas, Indy, or Tampa Bay (#12, 12, & 14 respectively) to move in our place and get Herbert. If all else fails, LA Chargers will want to move ahead of us, so they may have to give us a 3rd round pick.

Buffalo @ Houston and Tennessee @ New England isn't far away now. It's so close, yet so far. I believe Tennessee are by far the better football team with a massively better offense, but we can never write New England off. It either will be the end of their dynasty, or the start of some much-needed confidence ahead of their trip to Kansas City.

If Tennessee get a 14-point lead, it's game over. I can't see New England scoring more than 24 points. That's the mark that Tennessee have to beat. 3TDs and 2FGs. Miami managed it last week, and coincidentally New England scored exactly 24 points.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 10:31 Jan04 2020 Post ID: 3449437
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Tua will leave. No way he goes back to college and risks getting hurt. The money difference between #1 & #5 Overall isn't that big of a gap, so it would be stupid not to enter the draft. Plus, he'll go to a better team the longer he isn't drafted. Seems like a win/win to me.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:07 Jan04 2020 Post ID: 3449438
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
We all know what I want the Phins to do in the draft. We all know who I want them to draft. However, whether they do something like that or simply draft Tua, I hope (sorry Dennis) that they can pickup Brandon Scherff in Free Agency. He's, by far, the best OL available.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:20 Jan04 2020 Post ID: 3449440
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Wow. Pats go down. Brady just did not have enough help.
Matt77 Posted: 02:35 Jan05 2020 Post ID: 3449442
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Good morning guys.

IT'S OVER!!! THEY'RE FINISHED! THE DYNASTY IS OVER! CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

Buffalo choked a 16-0 lead at HT, to lose 19-22 in overtime. There were some terrible calls, especially a penalty in overtime which took Buffalo out of FG range (a FG would've won the game). But in the end their defense couldn't touch Watson in the 2nd half, and Houston rallied to save their season and their coach.

Beautiful. Derrick Henry's 200+ yards off 35 carries was too much for New England to handle. Their rush defense was atrocious. On the final play of the first half in which Tennessee were 7-13 down, Henry was involved in EVERY play, in a 75-yard drive which ended in a TD. New England knew what was happening, but could not stop it. From reading comments it sounds like Julian Edelman dropped a crucial pass in the 4th quarter which could've seen New England steal it. Tannehill was shaky, but we have to remember this was his first playoff game, in a stadium which he has lost at many times.

SuperCheats NFL Playoffs Tipping Leaderboard:

#1: TheChosenOne - 2 (7)
#2: Jimo Dashen - 1 (1)
#3: Sanzano - 1 (3)

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 03:16 Jan05 2020 Post ID: 3449443
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
When you think the Dynasty is over, it comes back to smack you up side the head. Let?s wait until Brady decides his future before saying anything. lol

Patriots have a lot of work to do. They need to improve their O-Line while getting healthy with the big fatties they already have. Watch out for them going after Brandon Scherff in Free Agency, as well as maybe a RT in the 1st Round of the Draft. They also need more weapons for Brady and a TRUE #2 RB to team with Michel.

Still have KC making the Super Bowl. Baltimore/KC AFC Championship.
Matt77 Posted: 03:44 Jan05 2020 Post ID: 3449444
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Brady is washed (to a certain degree). And as every season passes, he gets older, slower, and less accurate. I can't see him getting back consistently to his form of a 2+ years ago. New England are 4-5 in their last 9 games. Starting the 2020/21 season with a 0-0 record will be a huge test for New England and Brady/Belichick.

Kansas City should destroy Houston. They'll be ****** after losing at home to Houston in the regular season, and you can't afford to go down by a big score in playoffs.

Tennessee @ Baltimore will be interesting. The 2 best teams going around, in terms of form. Both have QBs in career best form. Both have elite running games. Both have capable WRs. Defense though, will be in Baltimore's favour, along with homefield advantage. Will they suffer from playoff blues like LA Rams did a few years ago vs Atlanta?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:31 Jan05 2020 Post ID: 3449449
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Brady isn't washed up at all. If anything, he's actually gotten a little better in the last few years. It's hard to explain when you don't see the games. Basically a lot of dropped balls by his Wideouts (even if they aren't noted as such on the box score) and poor offensive line play (at least this year, primarily due to injuries) causing for the inaccuracies at times. If you don't have a good O-Line and weapons to throw to, no QB, no matter how great they are, will be successful.

KC should murder Houston. Baltimore should murder Tennessee. Both should do so for the mere fact that the Pats are out, because it would've been extremely difficult for either of them to do what Tennessee did.

Like I said, if I were the Pats, I'd try to get Brandon Scherff in Free Agency. I'd follow up by drafting Tristan Wirfs in the 1st Round (if he enters the Draft). That would solidify the right side of their O-Line, allowing Winn to anchor the left if he can finally be healthy next year. (I hate to say this because Miami really should do the exact same. XD) From there, the Pats should try to get Amari Cooper as well in Free Agency. Cooper + Sanu + Edleman + Harry + Dorsett would be scary after an offseason of getting acclimated with one another and Brady (assuming he returns). The Pats could finish by draft a TE (or two) in the 3rd Round. The TE from Purdue is really good, a poor man's Hockenson. Don't know if the TE from Vanderbilt or the one from Missouri will fall to the 3rd, but both of them would also be viable options. (This is also assuming the Pats receive a couple of third round compensatory picks from the players they lost last offseason).

But no one thinks like me. XD
Warrior13 Posted: 15:24 Jan05 2020 Post ID: 3449452
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
And Kirk Cousins wins the first big game of his career...

OMG...

Looks like the "parody" has no continued into the playoffs...

This season is the absolute worst to watch...

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 5th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 01:17 Jan06 2020 Post ID: 3449454
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Brady has been blessed with an above average o-line for a very long time. Now that he doesn't have one, his form slumps significantly. Poor o-lines and WR drops are a part of daily life for many NFL teams. I agree the last 3 weeks he's been slightly better, but as I said, every season he gets older, and slowly his form has to diminish. He's in trouble.

New England should, and will draft an o-lineman in the first round. They do it most drafts. But how will they go in the playoffs, and will they be able to get the 1st week bye? Kansas City are a force here to stay, and boast the best QB in the league. Baltimore and Tennessee possibly will be able to back up their strong seasons next season too. Had Buffalo not let a lead slip in Q4 of Week 16 @ New England, Buffalo would've won the division.

New Orleans blew it. Beating up Carolina 42-3 before garbage time probably didn't help. But they are much better than their performance. Minnesota however, showed why playoffs are a new competition. They played like the Minnesota team who were on a winning streak in the middle of the regular season. Cousins dare I say it, was clutch, especially that 40-yard pass in overtime. Funnily enough, that EXACT play was the one which Cousins overthrew in Week 4 when they lost to Chicago and Cousins was criticised.

Seattle are so lucky. Scoring 17 points in playoffs against a backup QB in a team which has roughly 2 injuries per game (they had 3 more in this game), isn't going to cut it, even if they're playing the overrated Packers next week. Philly arguably didn't deserve playoffs, but considering the constant injuries, a 9-17 loss isn't that bad. Had Foles been the backup, Philly could've won that game.

SuperCheats NFL Playoffs Tipping Leaderboard:

#1: TheChosenOne - 3 (7)
#2: Jimo Dashen - 2 (1)
#3: Sanzano - 2 (3)

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:38 Jan07 2020 Post ID: 3449459
Sanzano
+
This season is getting wierder by the week, I didn't expect to get 2 of the 4 games wrong, almost all four wrong. I knew New England would crash, but I didn't expect it to happen in Foxboro against the Titans. Minnesota beating New Orleans, what happened there? Everyone says Cousins won the game, from what I saw Brees choked, he's not a top tier elite quarterback despite what the stats say. I'd rather have Brady, Montana, or Elway instead of him when the pressure is on.

Not sure what to make of Seattle, they look dangerous. The sort of team that will spring an upset...

I don't like all this player movement between and during seasons, to me personally it spoils the game. I remember before free agency most players spent their whole career with one team and I think it was that which formed the team's identity and gave it character. The Raiders, Browns, Cowboys, 49rs, Chargers, Redskins were some of the most colourful teams in the league during the 80's and most of the starters on offence and defence were household names. These days people only know the quarterback and a couple of recievers or running backs.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 7th 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 10:07 Jan07 2020 Post ID: 3449460
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Went with 2 Home Teams & 2 Road Teams. I'm just going with which teams I want at this point. No use picking among mediocrity. XD
Warrior13 Posted: 11:17 Jan07 2020 Post ID: 3449461
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Former Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy to become new Dallas Cowboys Head Coach. Laughable.

Baylor (College) Head Coach Matt Rhule to become next Carolina Panthers Head Coach. Even funnier.

New England Patriots WIDE RECEIVER COACH to become new New York Giants Head Coach; Giants also looking to hire former Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Jason Garrett as Offensive Coordinator. Most comical of all.
Sanzano Posted: 01:31 Jan08 2020 Post ID: 3449463
Sanzano
+
Are you two fellas sure Tua Tagovailoa is the right guy for the Dolphins? He has been plagued by a whole list of injuries the last couple of years that includes a broken finger, knee injuries, ankle injuries and hip injuries. He sounds a bit delicate to me, I wouldn't be surpriseed if he falls in the draft and ends up with the Patriots.

You are correct Warrior13, this year has been a crap shoot in regards to picking winners. I'm tempted to go with Seattle against Green Bay this week regardless what the experts say, I'm not convinced with the Packers, they look like mediocrity with an inflated record to me. I think Russell Wilson will get the job done in Wisconsin in a tight game.

Matt77 Posted: 03:31 Jan08 2020 Post ID: 3449464
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I often read old posts to pass time if there's nothing to do, and I found some interesting ones among others from pre-November:

(the 8th and last quotes are particularly interesting)

I said:But be warned Lonely God. I thrashed my opponents this (last*) year in my AFL tipping to eventually win by a 6-game margin. I'm in good tipping form this year Cool

Warrior said:I would welcome being defeated, in both our circle and my family's picks. Keeps it fun and makes it seem not like a duty to always need to win. ;)

So you or Dennis please win. XD

Warrior said:I seriously don't understand the Titans. They are Jekyll and Hyde. My gut says to go with the Broncos next week against them, but then my head says they'll probably win just because they won't be favored. They seriously need to stop playing to the talent level of their competition. You can't sustain.

Warrior said:I've picked 19 out of the last 20 Dolphin Games correctly. I'll figure it out. lol

I said:New England have a 100% chance of making the AFC Championship game, as long as Brady stays healthy. People can try and deny it, and be optimistic that they may slip up, but deep down every NFL fan knows the script.

I said:Mariota benched as well while trailing 0-13. Tannehill got them in scoring range, before throwing an INT. Tennessee may have to start tanking soon, because I can't see anyone catching Houston.

I said:That Chicago game was a turning point for Kirk Cousins, He has been efficient, yet also aggressive at times ever since. In the past 2 weeks, his stats are:
44/56 (79% completion) for 639 yards (over 10 yards per pass), 6TDs and 1INT for a 138.5 passer rating!

Dennis said:The Tank Bowl, yesterday nights game has been described as one of the worst NFL games in Modern NFL history as Miami successfully continued their plight to get an imperfect season. Disgraceful, Miami should have won that and now be investigated by the NFL for their 'Tank for Tua' season. Miami has a chance to go 3-1 in the next four games, I expect them to win at least one of them otherwise they are flat out cheating and if they are not made an example of other NFL teams will follow suit when they know they have no chance of reaching the playoffs and coming last will get them a potential NFL superstar in the following years draft. I just hope Tua turns out to be another Ryan Leaf to stop teams tanking in future years.

Dennis said:Kirk Cousins has made the Detroit game tough for me, he got a 138 passer rating against the Giants last week so he will be confident. Problem is we're talking about Kirk Cousins here who chokes late on in away games when they are close.

I said:"You all's gonna have to see the type of swag I bring"
- Jalen Ramsey

I said:Tannessee.

Warrior said:I have no idea how Dennis knows when to pick some of these mediocre teams and when not to.

Warrior said:The Chargers losing was the most disappointing thing all day. Scoring a TD only to have it brought back to the one yard line, and then to fumble on the next play? My season of picking in a nutshell.

Dennis said:Let's see what his stats are like when he goes up against the top teams in the NFC. Watch Cousins choke and Minnesota exit the playoffs.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 8th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 07:05 Jan08 2020 Post ID: 3449465
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
All of which would have happened in any other year than this. XD

I still was 11-5 picking Dolphin Games. 26-6 in a two year span is scary good. Unfortunately, I was probably less than .500 with most of the other teams this year. XD

And knowing my Phins, we will pick Tua against my wishes. Unless, of course, someone jumps us or Cincinnati/Detroit take him.
Sanzano Posted: 07:56 Jan08 2020 Post ID: 3449466
Sanzano
+
Cousins will still choke, he has though a perfect opportunity to win it all this year. Only the Packers, Seahawks and 49rs stand in his way to the big game. If Minnesota get past the 49rs which isn't clear cut as it was a couple of months ago and could go either way as I am not convinced with San Francisco lately you have to favour the Vikings to get past the Packers or Seahawks, both mediocre teams.

The AFC are putting out the better teams. Baltimore and Kansas are the two best teams in my opinion. One of those two will win the Super Bowl. Probably Baltimore as they have home field advantage in the AFC Championship game. But the way this season is unfolding I wouldn't be surprised if its Minnesota against the Texans.

I'll laugh if Miami pass up on Tua and decide to cash in their high draft pick. That wouldn't surprise me, last thing you want is a franchise player that is injury prone and Miami needs help is a lot of areas.

Miami were definately tanking for Tua until he got injured Matt. It was only when he went down that the Dolphins started winning. Just a thought, if Cincinnati decide Joe Burrow is not their guy and go for Chase Young with the first pick, Joe Burrow could end up in Miami as the Redskins and Giants have the franchise quarterbacks in place. Detroit though could possibly take him if this scenario unfolds if Staffords injury proves to be serious.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 8th 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 09:39 Jan08 2020 Post ID: 3449467
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'd take Tua before Burrow. Burrow has a limited arm, and he only fared so well this year because like everyone on the LSU Offense are 5-Star Recruits and will be future 1st and 2nd Rounders. I don't see him translating well in the Pros.
Displaying Page 194 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close