Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 222 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 10:21 Aug23 2020 Post ID: 3452062
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Again, extended rosters fixes everything. If you don't have enough control over your players as coaches should, then you deserve to lose should basically your entire team gets the virus. There's no excuse for that happening.

But I don't see anything close happening. Let's be real: most people have had the virus whether they know for sure or not, and that includes football players. Last I checked, people don't catch it twice (unless some new research has found otherwise). If that's still the case, most players will be fine. Even if you catch it, having a game or two off would actually be good for most players. Teams don't lose because of one player.

Honestly, even if one team is decimated by the virus for a week or two, it would be a positive. Could you imagine how many superstars might be on a team that have never been given the chance to show what they got?

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Aug 23rd 2020 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 10:26 Aug23 2020 Post ID: 3452063
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
People can catch the virus again. This is a confirmed fact. Heck, even former top 10 tennis player Kei Nishikori has just got the virus for a second time.

I'd expect the NFL to get it right and for clubs to do well enough with keeping cases out. But there will be a few cases, at least. In most sports there have been a few known cases. It doesn't help that there are 32 NFL teams with rosters of 50+ as well as coaches. If everyone does the right thing then there will be no issues, but everyone knows there are some stupid players in the league.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 02:47 Aug24 2020 Post ID: 3452065
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
It appears the virus is getting weaker, thousands of people are still catching it but the number of deaths has substantially decreased. I think this is the case all around the world. If this is the case Covid-19 will be relegated to common cold status in a couple of years time.

Thanks for posting those clips Warrior13.

Warrior13 Posted: 06:39 Aug24 2020 Post ID: 3452066
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It's a common cold already. Last I knew the seasonal influenza has already had more deaths than coronavirus, but no one ever talks about that.

Young and Epenesa are both freaks. Nothing against Young, but the Bills got Epenesa in the 2nd. That could end up being one of the biggest steals.
Matt77 Posted: 08:01 Aug24 2020 Post ID: 3452067
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
No.

If you don't care, don't click.
Spoiler:
click to reveal

We just have to hope that Epenesa's poor combine was a sign of things to come. It's unlikely though. Scouts take the combine results too seriously. It's a totally different scenario to a football game.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 24th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 10:15 Aug24 2020 Post ID: 3452069
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
A thousand apologies, your royal corona highness, similar amount of cases. Still no recognition towards that or the fact that due to the similar numbers that it's indeed NOTHING MORE THAN A FLU EXAGGERATED BY POLITICALLY MOTIVATED MEDIA PERSONNEL AND BOUGHT OFF BY THE PARANOID EASILY-FOOLED. Scamdemic.

Did you not watch the videos I posted? Jesus, Epenesa is going to be a thorn in the AFC Rivals for years to come, and that includes Miami (who drafted an OL that couldn't block Epenesa whatsoever in college).

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Aug 24th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:21 Aug25 2020 Post ID: 3452070
Sanzano
+
That's a good call you made on Epenesa well over a year ago Warrior13 when he was in college. I remember you saying he was going to be a force in the NFL. Ironic that he is going to be going up against your Dolphins twice a year. I bet the Dolphins are going to wish they had of selected Epensa in the second round instead of Robert Hunt.

Chase Young is already injured he's got a hip injury.

Matt77 Posted: 04:02 Aug25 2020 Post ID: 3452071
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Time for Washington to tank.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 06:42 Aug25 2020 Post ID: 3452072
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami should've drafted Epenesa, but no. I get we need to protect Tua, but I seriously doubt he'll be playing this year of all years. We could've selected Epenesa and upgraded the OL in 2021. Then again, Hunt may have made it into the 3rd Round, so there was the chance they could've gotten both should they had selected Epenesa. But they didn't, and now the Bills have added a stud to an already impressive DL.

Washington doesn't need to tank since they weren't going to do anything this year anyways. I have them only winning two or three games at best; the betting odds have them at five wins. Definitely going to be under that, but a Top 5 Pick regardless. Tough to win in the NFL these days without a proven QB; well, at least a Cousins-par QB.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:30 Aug25 2020 Post ID: 3452073
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Cardinals make Budda Baker the highest paid safety in the NFL. I get the dude is a tackling machine, but he hasn't had a single INT in his three years in the NFL. Overpay.
Sanzano Posted: 01:25 Aug26 2020 Post ID: 3452074
Sanzano
+
Loks like Jadeveon Clowney will be going to the Raiders, if not the Las Vegas then it will be the Titans. Only two teams left that are interested in him.

Warrior13 Posted: 18:22 Aug30 2020 Post ID: 3452110
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dolphins traded some linebacker I don't even know to move up in the next draft from the fifth round to the fourth round. Don't see a point in a move like that at this point.

Jags traded that disgruntled edge rusher to the Vikes for basically a 2021 2nd Rounder & 2022 4th or 5th Rounder. Not too bad for a guy that expressed to the world that he wasn't going to play for them. Stock up for next year's draft so Lawrence has some help; their defense still has many good, young pieces.

Wondering if the Bucs are going to trade for a real backup QB. They could easily get Rosen from the Phins for a 3rd, or Mullins/Beathard from the 49ers for a late rounder.
Matt77 Posted: 01:10 Aug31 2020 Post ID: 3452113
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I keep forgetting that the NFL is starting in...12 days? Huh? They must've pushed the schedule back a week. The regular season always starts in the first week of September.

With BLM turning the NFL into a left-wing organisation, coronavirus cancelling preseason, and Washington having their name removed, I keep forgetting that there is actually a sporting competition about to happen. It'll be interesting whether any players boycott week 1. In the NBA and MLB there were a range & teams who boycotted games, resulting in postponements. 2-time GS winner Naomi Osaka even managed to withdraw from a tournament, resulting in the entire tournament deciding to delay a day, re-enter that tournament, win her semi-final, and withdraw from the final with an injury...

I'm looking forward to Friday, Monday, & Tuesday mornings again, where I'll have NFL final scores or live scores to look at.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 07:29 Aug31 2020 Post ID: 3452115
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No boycotting will happen. That's blown over with the NBA getting back to the playoffs. Maybe if it happened during the NFL Season, but not two weeks after the fact. I don't see any validity in the boycotting though. They keep making these shooting about race when they had nothing to do with that. George Floyd was high out of his mind, and because of that state, resisted arrest (body cam proves this). The officer was just a moron - like who in their right sense would ever apply pressure with their knee to the back of neck of anyone lying down? He deserves to go to prison for manslaughter, not some hate crime. And then that recent shooting in Wisconsin... Again, dude was resisting arrest and had a knife. He broke away from the police and headed to his car with children present. Like what are the police suppose to do in that scenario? What if he has a firearm in his car? I get seven shots in the back is a little much, but don't they have to protect the lives of those that are near? Last I heard the guy didn't die, and those cops didn't have body cams, so it's hard to file any abuse of power charges. Once again, no hate crime. A hate crime is a cop approaching the situation and immediately shooting these people, which didn't happen. The situations were only escalated (the latter forcing the hand of the police) because they were resisting arrest.

Anyway... I can't wait for the new year. I left our pick group because I'm thinking about changing my profile a little for a surprise. I know the password is kevin. No worries.
Matt77 Posted: 07:40 Aug31 2020 Post ID: 3452119
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I saw that you left it. I thought it was just a glitch. It doesn't matter anyway, since tipping isn't yet possible. Hopefully the option to tip comes back soon.

And I somewhat agree with you. Well actually I completely agree with what you've said here in particular. These are clearly bad incidents, but they have been blown right up by the media. It comes down to police training. They need to be trained correctly, so that they don't go overboard - when arresting any person.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:03 Aug31 2020 Post ID: 3452123
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The first cop was an absolute moron. Not sure if more police training would've done him any good. Literally, who is stupid enough to place their knee on the back of someone's neck while lying down and applying pressure? The second was more avoidable, at least to some extent. The police didn't need to shoot him seven times, but it was a sticky situation with the dude resisting arrest. At least he didn't die (the last I knew). They both just happened to be black; there wasn't any hate involved. If it had been a black cop that had shot/killed either of them, or a white cop and white dude, would we even be talking about it?

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Aug 31st 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:04 Aug31 2020 Post ID: 3452124
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
The NFL players will not boycott like the MLB/NHL/NBA did. There is too much money to be made. The players don't really care about "social justice" or BLM (a dubious movement in its own right with seemingly no clear goals). As soon as being vocal on these issues is no longer financially lucrative (t-shirts, advertisements, commercials, widespread media support) the players will go silent. It already happened with the NBA, they boycotted for one day, threatened to not play the rest of the playoffs, and then had a league-wide meeting where the financial repercussions were discussed and the next day they were promptly back to playing ball. It's easy to be an outspoken activist when you are still collecting your $25 million paycheck while not playing. As soon as there is the chance that is taken away (through TV networks withdrawing contracts or some other method) the players drop it and then simply pay lip service to the movement.

It's a sad fact that the issues black people face in this country are widespread and systemic. It's not something that can be solved in a week. There is no law that you can pass to "stop killing black people". It is first and foremost a matter of education and upbringing - the cycle of poverty and absentee fathers along with a certain lack of personal responsibility are the real issue. But it's much easier (and much more lucrative for the media) to point to videos of white cops shooting people who are more often than not violent criminals. It's a defeatist attitude that does no good and will solve nothing; because these cops will be arrested and white people will say "look, we arrested them! You should be happy!" and black people will respond "That isn't enough! You don't get it!".

The issues with black people start in the home, and they continue throughout school years. Sports are sadly a huge contributing factor. Just look at the anti-Semitic comments certain athletes made the past few months. Where were the protests and media outcry for those comments? Desean Jackson literally posted a quote that he thought was from Hitler. Yet Drew Brees was crucified for comments that were perhaps poorly timed but not malicious.

Comments like Jackson's stem from him being an environment where from a young age he was a star athlete and pushed through school. I've seen it happen in my own life. A kid in middle school shows a talent for sports, but struggles with school. He gets pushed through anyway, and then in high school he reads at a middle school level but his teachers help him out and make sure he gets good enough grades to stay eligible. And now he's in college and we all know star athletes aren't in college to play school. And then he hits the NFL and is immediately a millionaire, and here we are in 2020 with a 30+ year old man with what amounts to a 9th grade education spouting nonsense and receiving next to no backlash for it (invites to interview with a Holocaust survivor? Really?).

Sorry for the essay. I wanted to comment on the BLM and sports stuff but it kind of turned into a larger commentary on the issues we're dealing with today. I just think the police stuff is a scapegoat for issues that are far deeper and much more difficult to solve. These aren't issues where you can pass a law and everything's fixed. They're problems that will take generations to fix. You can't legislate changes to culture.
Matt77 Posted: 23:44 Sep01 2020 Post ID: 3452135
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That's an interesting take on sports that I hadn't thought of. I initially thought of sports being a huge positive, as it allows people of colour an opportunity to do something meaningful with their lives. But you're right, there are some idiots in the NFL

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:25 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452137
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
It's definitely not just black people, and it's not like sports are all bad either. I also think that the entire argument of "sports are the only way for POC to break out" is lazy, reductive, and often insulting to the people involved. As if the only possible contribution they could make is as entertainers and athletes. I think it's patronizing and vaguely racist.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:10 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452139
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Some tough games in Week 1 to pick...
Displaying Page 222 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close