Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 224 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 03:14 Sep06 2020 Post ID: 3452179
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
The dynasty continues, at a different team...

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 06:18 Sep06 2020 Post ID: 3452180
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Mike: I agree to a certain extent. Clowney has loads of talent and is a disruptive force, but he's injury prone and has never had the sack numbers. Other players that cause that sort of havoc usually are only worth like ten million a year or less.

Dennis: The Giants are my long shot; I don't really expect them to win it all. I think it's worth it though, especially considering I would win 15k if it somehow happens in this crazy year and in the historically weak NFC East. The Giants odds have even increased since then; they were 150/1 odds but now are 140/1. Besides, I'll cover my losses at the very least if the Bucs or Chiefs win it all, and they are looking like the favorites this year.

Matt: Not sure a two year sprint for a title will develop into a dynasty. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:56 Sep06 2020 Post ID: 3452181
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Clowney's deal with Titans is only 1 year/ 12 mil, so not too out there.

Guice is a garbage human with glass knees. Yet another reminder to not take runningbacks with high draft picks - you can find quality in every round (Chris Carson, Austin Ekeler were undrafted) and with the league leaning more and more into running back by committee it's simply not worth taking a HB in the top rounds. Especially when in 4 years they will want an extension far beyond what they're worth to a team.

It's a tough time to be an HB. Even the best backs (with maybe the possible exception of McCaffery) can have 75-85% of their production replaced for 1/10th the price by drafting and recycling a couple guys in the late rounds of the draft every few years. Just not valuable position like it used to be.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:48 Sep06 2020 Post ID: 3452182
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Sounds like Clowney got exactly what he deserves. Makes one wonder why he didn't sign with the Seahawks (who were offering close to 17-18 million a year) or the Dolphins or Giants (who were probably closer to 20 million a year). I get he wants to get paid and play for a contender, but does Tennessee have any better chance of winning it all with Clowney than with the Seahawks?
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:22 Sep06 2020 Post ID: 3452183
steelersrock01
+
Maybe he didn't enjoy his time in Seattle last year? Honestly couldn't say. As far as I know it came down to the Titans and Saints.
Sanzano Posted: 02:03 Sep07 2020 Post ID: 3452185
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Adrian Peterson is looking for a team, he's been cut by Washington. Sounds like the Washington management are impressed enough with Bryce Love and Antonio Gibson that they can let the aging Peterson go. Not sure having two rookies at running back is a good move to be honest. Add them to a jettery Haskins and you have the recipe for disaster in the backfield.

Matt77 Posted: 03:06 Sep07 2020 Post ID: 3452186
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Wow, the tank is official. Peterson had a good season, so the only reason for being cut has to be his age.

Miami also released Josh Rosen, receiving 0 draft picks. What a horrible decision. New England will surely pounce.

Also everyone, it seems that it is possible to edit scores for the tipping. So if the competition isn't up running in time, we'll just leave our tips here and I'll add the scores later. If we need it. I'll tell you what to do in settings.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 7th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 06:13 Sep07 2020 Post ID: 3452187
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Rosen was already signed by the Bucs. I've been saying for months now to try to trade him to the Bucs, but no, we get nothing for him for the same result.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:01 Sep07 2020 Post ID: 3452189
steelersrock01
+
I'm thinking Rosen must be really bad, or a terrible teammate, or both. 3 teams in 3 years, not being able to stick even as a 3rd string? Something's off there, though I can't see him being worse than many backups in the league. I would've liked for the Steelers to pick him up.

Adrian Peterson has signed with the Lions. Not sure he has much left in the tank.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:26 Sep07 2020 Post ID: 3452192
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think it has more to do with the rotating playbooks. If you've ever played QB, you want to know a system in and out. Rosen hasn't had that. He's had two different coaches and two different offenses to learn. Couple that with the fact that the two teams he was on had horrible OLs, and he was pretty much set up for disaster coming out of college. Compared to Mayfield, Darnold and Allen, Rosen has a better arm and accuracy than all three. But he hasn't had the same stability as the rest, nor the confidence of a coach and franchise.

The Bucs are a great landing spot for him. They don't really have a great backup so he should rise up the roster pretty fast, especially when factoring in Brady's age and the importance of winning games should he get nicked up. But for now, he can learn the system while being under the wing of Bryon Leftwich, the same who coached him back when he was a rookie in Arizona. If they can nurture Rosen, he could very well be the heir apparent to Brady in two years. (Much like how Rodgers was a late starter behind Favre.)
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:36 Sep07 2020 Post ID: 3452194
steelersrock01
+
I hope so. He didn't get a fair shot at all in Arizona. And then they took Murray who came in with an improved team and looked pretty good and that made Rosen look worse in comparison. And that Miami team was one of the least talented in the league - he also didn't have a shot there with Fitzpatrick being at least competent. He got a few games and then nothing. Kind of hard to judge a guy after a few games.

I'm hoping he does well in Tampa. A few years with no pressure should do him well. I'm not expecting Rodgers level success, but maybe he could turn into a Tannehill/Alex Smith/Kirk Cousins type guy. Remember Smith faced a similar coaching situation in the beginning of his career and didn't really flourish until he went to KC.
Warrior13 Posted: 18:55 Sep07 2020 Post ID: 3452195
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Could you imagine if he was still on the Cards and they had drafted Nick Bosa to pair with Chandler Jones instead of Murray? They now have Fitz and Hopkins, as well as an improve OL. They could easily be a playooff team this year if they still had Rosen and he actually had a shot to progress.

I think he could become another Rodgers. He was nicknamed Chosen Rosen after his Freshman year at UCLA after all; many beileved he would be the next Peyton or Brady.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:36 Sep07 2020 Post ID: 3452198
steelersrock01
+
Hard to say. Though even if he didn't improve in that situation they would still have had Bosa and a high pick this year for a shot at Burrow. Hindsight is 20/20. They are probably happy enough with Murray who will probably develop into a pro bowl level guy with Fitz and Hopkins to throw to.

I think the leagues in a great place with all these young qbs. We've got Murray, Jackson, Watson, Mahomes, Dak, Wentz, Goff, Jones, Lock, Allen, Darnold, Minshew, Mayfield, Jimmy G and potentially Burrow all 28 or younger. That's half the teams in the league with a serviceable starter 28 or younger, and a lot of these guys are under 25.
Warrior13 Posted: 06:04 Sep08 2020 Post ID: 3452199
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think the jury is still out on most of those QBs, but, at least at this point, it does look like a promising future.

Still no update on the picking site.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 8th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 08:58 Sep08 2020 Post ID: 3452201
steelersrock01
+
I think the jury's still out on Jones, Lock, and obviously Burrow. But I think the others are coming along nicely. Goff maybe isn't as good as expected, and Darnold and Allen have a lot to prove, but I think they are guys where at the very least you aren't going to draft a QB that's immediately going to be better than them

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Sep 8th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 21:21 Sep08 2020 Post ID: 3452203
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: I think the website we use is a bust. Looks like they?re changing things. I think yahoo sports has something, but I?d have to check.

Found it if you wanna create a group: https://football.fantasyspo...m/pickem

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 8th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:18 Sep08 2020 Post ID: 3452204
steelersrock01
+
I'm in another pickem on Yahoo, so I'd be fine with moving over there. Really easy to use.
Matt77 Posted: 02:02 Sep09 2020 Post ID: 3452205
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Name: SuperCheats NFL Tipping

Group ID: 31336

Password: kevin

Warrior13

Sanzano

steelersrock01

I have invited you all through the emails you left on the old site. But in case it doesn't work, use the above info.

Could anyone who has used this site before check that I have set up the group correctly? It's a bit confusing. There is the group, but there is also the pick set. I made my picks within the pick set, since it's the only way to actually tip. Is pick set each person's individual tips? Therefore should I change it to my name? Or is it something else? The leaderboard simply shows the group name.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 9th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:08 Sep09 2020 Post ID: 3452206
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
There is no guarantee Rosen will make the Bucs squad, they currently have three quarterbacks:

1) Tom Brady
2) Blaine Gabbert
3) Ryan Griffin

He a shot though at being the number two quarterback behind Brady if he is given time to develop. He has more natural talent than the other two for sure. I'd like to see him succeed, he hasn't been given a chance. Under Brady's wing he could suddenly flourish, must be confidence boosting knowing you are getting advice from the GOAT.

Everyone is talking about the Bucs being a Super Bowl contender yet in the power rankings they are 13 for week one.

Warrior13 Posted: 05:53 Sep09 2020 Post ID: 3452207
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Picks Set Name is basically your nickname.

Dennis: Pretty sure Rosen has way more talent than Gabbert and Griffin. lol

My picks are in. Went with my gut. I would have picked differently on a few games if fans were allowed and there would be true homefield advantage. Week 1 always about feeling things out and not getting in a hole.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 9th 2020 »
Displaying Page 224 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close