Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 240 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 07:47 Oct23 2020 Post ID: 3452636
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
The Eagles are actually ahead right now in the division after that sloppy win. Of course, Dallas can jump them by half a game if they defeat the Skins.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 08:27 Oct23 2020 Post ID: 3452637
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
In a battle of two bad teams that have a bitter rivalry I find myself leaning towards Dallas. That team has an annoying habit of always defeating the Redskins. I doubt this year will be any different. It's a game steeped in history and winning is a matter of pride. I'm convinced Dallas will raise their game and walk away with a close points victory. Dalton will probably decide to have a 300 yard 3 Touchdown game.

You're right Matt, I've got the teams mixed up, Ngakoue originally played for Jacksonville. I'm forever getting Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Houston mixed up. I don't have any love for any of those teams.

Talking about Tenessee are we going to see a continuation of The Curse of the Terrible Towel on them? I thinks so, Tenessee have got a few injuries in key positions which is not going to help them. I see Ryan Tannenhill is being considered as the NFL MVP this year. Amazing how going to a different team can affect how you play.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 23rd 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 10:56 Oct23 2020 Post ID: 3452638
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm not sure. Dallas is severely beat up right now. If Zack Martin is out, they only have one starter on their o-line. I'm not sure anyone could win like that, unless they have a QB that can get the ball out in less than two seconds. Can they beat the Skins? Probably. Other teams? I have no idea.
Sanzano Posted: 04:06 Oct25 2020 Post ID: 3452639
Sanzano
+
I think the biggest thing for me is Dallas are still scoring an average of 31 points a game. Problem is they are giving up 36 points. Washington on the other hand are only scoring an average of 19 points a game but giving up 28. When I look at that statistic I only see a Dallas victory in a high scoring game, it will be close because Washington are at home and have a good pass rush. Washington just doesn't have the weapons on offense that Dallas to score points and that I feel will be the difference. You can't expect Terry McLaurin to get four touchdowns for Washington.

I think you are correct Warrior13, Dallas will beat Washington but not many more teams this season. One thin or sure though is there will be no wild card team from the NFC East this season. Philadelphia will probably win the division with a losing record.

I don't know which signing surprises me more, Antonio Brown with the Buccaneers or Dez Bryant to the Ravens. I get the feeling both teams are being a bit desperate signing these two locker room cancers. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens destruct with Yannick Ngakoue and Dez Bryant creating distractions.

Matt77 Posted: 07:35 Oct25 2020 Post ID: 3452640
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
From what I've read over the years, I don't think Dez is that much of a locker room cancer, if at all. Then again it's been so long since he's played a game that I may have forgotten.

Antonio Brown to the Buccs is a short-term gain, long-term pain signing. Most of Tampa Bay's signings in the past 12 months are. They are in win-now mode, and are throwing everything they can at SB glory. If they don't win a SB in the next 2 years, they will be in massive trouble and may become one of the worst teams in the NFL.

The journalist on NFL.com who does the predictions has only tipped 1 upset this week. It was Washington to win.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 10:39 Oct25 2020 Post ID: 3452641
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Bucs only signed Brown for one year at 2.5 million. Unless he destroys their locker room, this is a great deal. He'll be the best third WR in the history of the NFL, something the Bucs sorely needed with Evans constantly banged up.
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:35 Oct25 2020 Post ID: 3452642
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Sorry guys, been away this weekend. If AB is even half as good as he used to be, that WR group will be crazy. The Steelers survived against Washington despite their best efforts. Thanks Gostkowski for missing those big kicks. Dallas looks very bad, even worse with Dalton out. I've thought for a while that Washington is only a quarterback away from playoff contention. I don't necessarily think Allen is that guy, but if they could trade for a Jimmy G type I don't think the rest of their roster is bad at all.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:42 Oct25 2020 Post ID: 3452643
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
We all picked the same through the early games. Can't believe that. lol

Picked all the same in the late games except the 49ers/Pats Game. Mike & Mike got the Niners, Matt & Dennis have the Pats. 49ers up 23-3 going into half.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:00 Oct25 2020 Post ID: 3452644
steelersrock01
+
I'd say I'm confident that's a +1 for us, but I'm a Steelers fan who watches leads get blown almost every week. Cam's been awful so far though.
Matt77 Posted: 22:59 Oct25 2020 Post ID: 3452645
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Seattle are going nowhere this year with their defense. 0 pass rush, and 0 defense. Murray has 2 years to pass the ball.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 23:16 Oct25 2020 Post ID: 3452646
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Wild game. Lasted forever.
Sanzano Posted: 02:29 Oct26 2020 Post ID: 3452647
Sanzano
+
Well done Warrior13, you pulled two games back on me and Matt and one on Mike. At the current rate you are going to win this competition easily.

I can't believe the Seahawks lost and I am dumbfounded on how bad the Cowboys were against the Redskins. When Washington decided to blitz, Dalton literally had two second to get the ball off and he wasn't helped by his recievers who all of a sudden couldn't hang onto a simple pass over the middle. Zeke Elliot is a disgrace, what happened to the days of running backs putting their shoulders down and geting those extra yards. Elliot runs out of bounds as soon a a defender gets within 5 yards of him. Makes me realise how great the likes of Walter Peyton, Jim Taylor, John Riggins, Marcus Allen, Larry Czonka (best running back the Dolphins ever had) were, and it's ironic they were paid a fraction what Elliot gets now. I'm actually beginning to think the Cowboys are tanking for Trevor Lawrence.

Atlanta are just the most frustrating team in the NFL, I can't get one of their games right...

Matt77 Posted: 02:42 Oct26 2020 Post ID: 3452648
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I watched about half the game, but turned it off when Arizona first got into FG range in overtime. Then turned it back on when I realised it was still going, and they went back into FG range. Seattle have no chance of contending for the SB if they don't fix their defense. It was as bad as Dallas's.

Speaking of Dallas, I watched about a quarter of Dallas @ Washington. Dallas's defense is college level. Washington have a pretty dire offense, yet they scored 22 first half points and looked very comfortable. Meanwhile Dalton and the 3rd stringer were constantly under pressure.

Washington will regret going for 2 against NY Giants. Had they won, they would've been 3-4 right now and 3-0 in the division.

Tennessee trailed 7-27, yet found a way to get back to 24-27 and into FG range. But of course the kicker choked it again. Pittsburgh always seem to get lucky.

Buffalo trailed NY Jets 0-10 at one stage, and scored 0TDs against the worst team in the NFL. The Buffalo of old is back, as expected.

Carolina were in a position to kick a FG and tie the game, but took a sack and made the kick impossible.

Atlanta earned a 1st down with 1 minute left for 1st and goal, down 14-16. They then accidentally scored a TD too early, and naturally Detroit marched up the field and scored a game-winning TD with 0 seconds remaining. Forever chokers...

Cam Newton threw 3INTs and got benched in a 6-33 drubbing. They stay firmly 3rd in the division.

Burrow passed for 400 yards and lead Cincy to a go-ahead TD with 1 minute left. Naturally they choked and allowed Mayfield to score the game-winner.

Under coach Zac Taylor, Cincy are 1-12-1 in one-score games.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 26th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:36 Oct26 2020 Post ID: 3452649
Sanzano
+
I've been watching Joe Burrow and he remind's me of a young Joe Montana. I'm beginning to wonder how good Burrow would be if he was in a decent team. To get 400 yards while playing for the Bengals is quite an achievement.

This is turning into a wierd season, it's almost as if teams are doing their best to lose. I'm starting to believe that the Bucs are going to win the Super Bowl, by week 16 Tom Brady will be comfortable directing the Bucs who are loaded with weapons and just the thought of going up against Brady in the playoffs has to be intimidating for the opposing quarterback knowing the guy has six rings to his name.

Matt77 Posted: 07:44 Oct26 2020 Post ID: 3452650
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Tampa Bay should have the division covered, since New Orleans are playing poor despite winning. The NFC West will play each other, and the NFC East is...the NFC East. That's either the #1 or #2 seed for Tampa Bay.

I don't know who can beat Pittsburgh. In their past successful seasons I nicknamed them the Pittsburgh Dogs because they would play awful and come back and get undeserved victories, but this season they're winning convincingly, and there's no Tom Brady in the AFC. I think Baltimore will be forced to play away from home on wildcard weekend.

Cincy need to fire their coach. That record in one-score games is horrific.
Week 1: Lost 13-16 to LA Chargers after leading 13-6 at 3QT, and missed the game-tying FG
Week 2: Lost 30-35 to Cleveland
Week 3: Tied 23-23 to Philly after leading 23-16 late
Week 4: Beat Jacksonville 33-25
Week 5: Lost 3-27 to Baltimore
Week 6: Lost 27-31 to Indy after leading 21-0, and missed a go-ahead FG at 27-28
Week 7: Lost 34-37 to Cleveland after leading 34-31 with 66 seconds remaining

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:53 Oct26 2020 Post ID: 3452651
Sanzano
+
Cincinatti are heading in the right directin, aside from Baltimore nobody has blown them away. Like you say they are one score games. A few players in the 2021 draft in key positions you are looking at a playoff team. The Bungals were a laughing stock last year, they are now looking like they want to play a bit. But then again the same thing happened to Washington with Robert Griffen III, had a great rookie year and followed it up with an aweful season. Hopefully Burrow will get better...

How do you rate the recent quarterbacks?

1) Mahomes
2) Jackson
3) Burrow
4) Murray
5) Allen
6) Mayfield
7) Herbert
8) Darnold
9) Haskins
10) Jones
11) Rosen
12)Tua? Haven't seen enough to comment, I'm guessing 3 or 4 on my list.

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:21 Oct26 2020 Post ID: 3452652
steelersrock01
+
I think it's a little early to put Burrow above Murray, Allen, and Mayfield. Herbert has looked great so far too, and Jones has been better than Hoskins and arguably Darnold. Also forgetting Drew Lock, who has been pretty subpar but probably good enough for anywhere between 8-10 on your list. I'd go:

Mahomes
Jackson
Murray
Allen
Mayfield
Herbert/Burrow
Jones
Darnold
Lock
Haskins
Rosen

Not enough data for anyone else.

I wouldn't be surprised if teams aren't exactly playing their hardest to win knowing covid could strike at any time and derail the season. No average team wants to win just enough to sneak into the playoffs and ruin their draft pick. Just think, a 6-10 team will likely win the NFC East and another team in the NFC East will likely go 5-11 or 6-10. The division winner will have around pick 20, the team that doesn't win the division will have pick 10 or lower. If you know you're gonna get trashed in round one, why bother making the playoffs? I know anything can happen, but does anyone really think the eagles or Cowboys are beating the Packers, Seahawks, Cards, 49ers, Bucs, or Saints?
Warrior13 Posted: 13:14 Oct26 2020 Post ID: 3452653
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Honestly, I think Giants or Redskins would have a better chance winning in the playoffs than either Dallas or Philly. Both are pretty young squads, and they haven't been decimated by injuries like the Eagles and Cowboys. Sure, the Giant's lost Barkley, but one could argue that has actually opened things up for them since teams aren't loading eight in the box at all times. Outside of getting blown out by the 49ers, the Giants have also been competitive in all of their games. The question is can they salvage a 6-10 record, as most people believe the winner of the division could have. Their upcoming games against the Skins, Eagles, Bengals and Cowboys are all winnable. If they can win those, they would just have to pull off an upset or two. I know, hard to imagine, but anything is possible in the NFC East.

I can't and won't rank the young QBs of the NFL. We all know Mahomes is the best, but after that, all the rest are unproven. Murray has never been to the playoffs. Jackson can't win in the playoffs. Allen has won in the playoffs, but with a loaded Bills Defense. The rest have never gone, so I don't see the point. Mahomes then everyone else, and I mean all the QBs in the NFL and not just the younger ones. Seriously, not even close. Even Wilson showed lasted night that he isn't this god some people want to make him out to be. What people call Wilson's "Moon Balls" are known as "Ducks" for any other QB, Wilson has just gotten away with it for so long because of poor defenses and poor nurturing of players not to turn their dang head. Seriously, if these defense backs in good coverage would just turn their head with these balls thrown by Wilson, they would have loads of turnovers.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 26th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 15:53 Oct26 2020 Post ID: 3452654
Sanzano
+
OK, fair enough. Let's say there is a draft and all of the players I have listed from 2-10 were available and your team didn't have a quarterback, which one would you take as your starter and which one for your back up.

I think I would go Joe Burrow with Kyler Murray as my back up. I can see both of these quarterbacks being major stars in a couple of years time.

Warrior13 Posted: 16:10 Oct26 2020 Post ID: 3452655
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mahomes. No one else. lol

Outside of Mahomes, maybe Tua. Herbert has looked good thus far though.
Displaying Page 240 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close