Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 239 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 13:48 Oct20 2020 Post ID: 3452615
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Miami to start Tua against the Rams after our bye week. Very strange move. Tua came in at the end of the blowout of the Jets, completing two passes. That's it. Fitzpatrick has won the Fins two straight games and currently has the 7th highest QBR in the league. I don't get it, I thought the Dolphins were beyond the stupid calls.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:10 Oct20 2020 Post ID: 3452616
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I think the logic they're going for there is to see what they have in Tua hoping that the Texans pick they own ends up being Top 5.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:36 Oct20 2020 Post ID: 3452617
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Letting Tua go up against Aaron Donald with a subpar O-Line though? I would've waited until Week 12 when you face the Jets next. Rams have a pretty good defense, Cardinals' defense is trending upwards, Chargers usually have a Top 10-15 defense, and the Broncos have a good front seven. That could rock him enough were they have to pull him. Jets then Bengals then Chiefs would've been a nice three to start with before a more difficult stretch of Pats then Raiders then Bills to end the season.

I just don't see the point in having him thrown up against four pretty good defenses before three easier defenses.
Matt77 Posted: 22:06 Oct20 2020 Post ID: 3452618
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
An unnecessary risk starting Tua in his rookie season. Especially since Fitz has been good. I can't see us winning the division or being a wildcard team, so what's the point starting him for 10 games?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:21 Oct21 2020 Post ID: 3452619
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Looks like the Dolphins fancy their chances of winning the AFC East and are going to give it a crack with Tua. We don't know what happens behind the scenes in practice, for all we know the coaches may feel that Tua is ready to lead the team. You have to remember this is not Haskins we are talking about, Tua has a ton of experience from college at the highest level.

If the Dolphins don't win the division this year they are my hot favourites to win it next year with a Tua who will have NFL experience and a couple of decent high pick rookie offensive linemen in front of him. I must admit though it is a bit strange to have his first NFL start against the leagues best defensive lineman and only poor offensive line in front of him. I would have thought the best course of action was to just let Tua play in garbage time when the game is either won or lost for the time being and get experience that way.

I'm still struggling with those two games, surely those two elite wide recievers Dallas has can catch passes against a terrible Washington secondary. Zeke Elliot will probably get stuffed up front, not sure what has happened to him, he was a great runner a couple of season ago before he got his big contract.

Matt77 Posted: 01:59 Oct21 2020 Post ID: 3452620
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'd be stunned if Washington win. Washington just do not beat Dallas. It's one of those never in doubt matchups. Kyle Allen actually played well last week, so he has a chance against the woeful Dallas defense. But they will need at least 27 points to win imo. Washington's D-line need to put pressure on Dalton through Dallas's injured o-line

Scratch most of that. As I was typing and trying to explain how Washington have no chance, I realised they have a big chance:
- Allen had a good game last week with 280 yards at 74% completion, 1TD & 1INT
- Washington have an above average to elite D-line
- Dallas have lost most of, if not all of their starting o-linemen to injury
- Dalton had a bad game last week
- Washington are playing at home

The key matchup will be Dalton and the o-line vs the Washington D-line. They'll probably need about 5 sacks, a forced INT/fumble, and to keep Dallas under 24 points. If they can do all 3, and only if, they should win.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 21st 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 06:02 Oct21 2020 Post ID: 3452622
Sanzano
+
All I see Matt is Andy Dalton having a good game and picking the Redskins secondary apart. The Redskins have been burned several times this season by elite recievers and Dallas have two of them. I don't think Zeke Elliot will have a good game but his presence in the backfield has to be respected so Washington won't be coming on an all out blitz every down. The danger man for Dalton is Sweat coming from his blind side. Aside from the first week Chase Young hasn't looked anything special, if he is as good as advertised I expect to see at least two sacks from him this Sunday. I'm going for a high scoring game. Washington 27 - Dallas 31.

The key to this game is can Dalton hit his recievers over the middle with quick 10-15 yard passes before the Washington pressure gets to him. I think he can, he'll be desperate to prove himself after last week.

Matt77 Posted: 07:28 Oct21 2020 Post ID: 3452623
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dalton scored 10 points at home against a weakened (injuries) edge rusher unit in Arizona. He now has to go on the road and face the Washington D-line.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:38 Oct21 2020 Post ID: 3452624
Sanzano
+
That's why he will be dangerous, Dalton consistently put up good numbers in Cincinnati and is currently the best quarterback in the NFC East that is playing. He know's if he screws up this week against Washington the arch rival of Dallas and the worst team in the league the Cowboy fans will be looking for a tree to string him up. He has to take chances and put up a good performance, any chance of him retaining the no 1 quarterback spot when Dak is healthy goes out of the window if he loses to the Redskins Sunday.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 21st 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 21:44 Oct21 2020 Post ID: 3452625
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I did my tips the other day, but forgot to save them. They have fixed up who is the favourite and who isn't.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:34 Oct22 2020 Post ID: 3452626
Sanzano
+
I hear there will be some quality players available during the trade window. Three in particular will raise a few eyebrows. These are Micahel Galiup of the Cowboys and Matt Ryan and Julio Jones of the Falcons who have said they want to rebuild. Other players who may be traded are Ryan Kerrigan of the Redskins, Sam Darnold of the Jets, and A.J. Green who the Packers and Patriots are interested in. Stephen Gilmore of the Patriots which is a surprise as I rate him as the best corner in the league at the moment but apparently he has a contract dispute with the stingy Patriots.

Matt77 Posted: 04:03 Oct22 2020 Post ID: 3452627
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
As good as I think Ryan and Jones are, they're both getting older and it seems that they don't have much trade value. Maybe they just want to tank, since Ryan's performances will get them to 5-11 minimum it seems.

I wouldn't think NY Jets will trade Darnold this early. if Trevor Lawrence skips the draft or refuses to play for NY Jets, it means they will have to draft Field instead, who is probably a downgrade over Darnold. Then again, this is the Jets we're talking about.

Washington probably need a draft pick, so trading Kerrigan makes sense.

AJ Green's trade value is also near zero. For the past few years Cincy have tried unsuccessfully to trade him, but haven't received good enough offers. I'd be surprised if a deal gets done.

You'd have to think New England are also trying to get a draft pick with Gilmore. There's no way they'd want to lose him unless they had another reason. They lost a lot of players last trade period, so there should be room for Gilmore to be paid.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 22nd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:11 Oct22 2020 Post ID: 3452628
Sanzano
+
I wouldn't mind Stephen Gilmore playing for Washington, their secondary aside from Kendall Fuller is horrendous at the moment. As for Matt Ryan, I'm hearing that Jerry Jones will pounce on Matt Ryan if he becomes available as a replacement for Dak Prescot. I don't think Prescott will ever play for the Cowboys again, he will end up a second string quarterback somewhere in the league with substantially less money than what Jones offered him over the summer.

Kerrigan is surplus to requirements, although a great player, he is getting old and Washington have an offensive line that needs sorting out. Besides Washington have Montez Sweat and Chase Young now to replace him.

I remember Jerry Jones buying the Cowboys for $150 million in 1989. The team is currently valued at $5.5 billion. As if the guy needs more money. He was already a billionaire oil tycoon.

There is no doubt about it the Jets are tanking for Trevor Lawrence, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sam Darnold at Pittsburgh next year if they get him.

Warrior13 Posted: 05:58 Oct22 2020 Post ID: 3452629
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm hearing Julio Jones possibly being on the trade market, but it sounds like the Falcons want at least a 1st Rounder. Not sure anyone would give that for a guy turning 32 and has a huge contract unless they think he will put them over the edge.
Sanzano Posted: 08:40 Oct22 2020 Post ID: 3452630
Sanzano
+
I don't think it's happening either Warrior13, in this day and age only the quarterback commands big bucks, all the other pieces around him can be picked up in the draft and discarded after four years unless of course they are an exceptional talent in which case they will get paid and I've noticed they tend to be short term contracts. Too much talent coming out of college these days compared to previous decades. Even quarterbacks can be picked up and discarded on a whim these days, Haskins and Rosen come straight to mind.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:21 Oct22 2020 Post ID: 3452631
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
After having just traded for DE Yannick Ngakoue at the beginning of the season, the Vikings are now shipping him to the Ravens. They originally traded a 2nd & 5th for him, but are only getting a 3rd & 5th from the Ravens. Dude has five sacks in six games, and they are barely getting anything for him. If the Vikings record isn't bad enough, they're giving away their good players for less than what they got them for. Zimmer is so going to get canned.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:33 Oct22 2020 Post ID: 3452632
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My Week 7 Mock Draft

NYJ 1. Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson (Trade Darnold)
WAS 2. Justin Fields QB Ohio State (Trade Haskins)
NYG 3. Penei Sewell OT Oregon (Protect Jones)
ATL 4. Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE Wake Forest (Best Available Instead Of QB Reach)
JAX 5. Trey Lance QB North Dakota State (QB Reach)
CIN 6. Shaun Wade CB Ohio State (Better Value Going CB)
MIA 7. Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU (For Tua)
MIN 8. Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama (No QBs Left)
PHI 9. Micah Parsons LB Penn State (Desperately Needed)
LAC 10. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama (Protect Herbert)
DET 11. Gregory Rousseau EDGE Miami (FL) (No QBs Left)
CAR 12. Dylan Moses LB Alabama (Replace Kuechley)
DEN 13. Samuel Cosmi OT Texas (Desperately Needed)
MIA 14. Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama (Steal Away From Pats)
NE 15. Christian Barmore DT Alabama (New Wilfork)
SF 16. Travis Etienne RB Clemson (A Real RB)
ARI 17. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State (Continue To Build DL)
LV 18. Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota (Not Julio But...)
DAL 19. Jevon Holland S Oregon (Desperately Needed)
IND 20. Kyle Trask QB Florida (Sit For A Year)
NO 21. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford (Pray Brees Lasts One More Year)
CLE 22. Paris Ford S Pitt (Desperately Needed)
CHI 23. Walker Little OT Stanford (No QBs Left)
BUF 24. Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan (One Of Very Few Needs)
JAX 25. Kyle Pitts TE Florida (Give Lance A Weapon)
PIT 26. Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech (One Of Very Few Needs)
TB 27. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL) (Best Available At This Point)
TEN 28. DeVonta Smith WR Alabama (Help Open The Run Game)
GB 29. Chris Olave WR Ohio State (Finally A 1st Round WR For Rodgers)
BAL 30. Andre Cisco S Syracuse (Only Need After Trade & Signing Dez)
NYJ 31. Jay Tufele DT USC (Needs Everywhere)
KC 32. Rondale Moore WR Purdue (Ditch Watkins For Another Toy)
Matt77 Posted: 22:41 Oct22 2020 Post ID: 3452633
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You absolute chokers NY Giants. Disgraceful in every facet of the game.

Lead 21-10 after trailing 0-7
Allowed a Philly completion on 3rd & 1
Then allowed a 59-yard Philly completion
Then allowed them to easily score to get to within 5
Then Jones slightly overthrew and the WR dropped a pass on 3rd & 6
Then they allowed a 30-yard Philly completion
Then they allowed them to easily score and lead by 1
Then they started throwing 5-yard passes with 40 seconds left
Then Jones fumbled
And in the process, NY Giants gave away 6 penalties in probably 6 minutes...

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Oct23 2020 Post ID: 3452634
Sanzano
+
There must be another reason we don't know about Warrior13, it seems strange that the Vikings would get rid of one of ther best players who they have just acquired for reason at all. I've read reports that Yannick Ngakoue is a locker room cancer. I'm sure that's why the Titans got rid of him initially.

Philadelphia scraped past the Giants yesterday night 22-21.

Matt77 Posted: 03:17 Oct23 2020 Post ID: 3452635
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I may be mistaken, but didn't Ngakoue come from Jacksonville, and was one of several stars that they traded in the offseason? Both teams are AFC South, so one of us has gotten mixed up.

Wentz has been heavily criticised this season, but I watched the 2nd half of the game, and he was doing the absolute best he could. Half of the offense's starters are out injured. And then once falling behind by 11, he rallied the team and I just knew that he was going to win them that game. He also threw 2 massive comletions at crucial stages. I know NY Giants are poor, but from what I saw from Wentz, he can lead the team to the division title. Dallas are only half a win ahead, with a game in hand.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 23rd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 239 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close