Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 287 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 09:27 May15 2021 Post ID: 3454240
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Dennis - Andy Dalton was inconsistent and/or injured while at Dallas, and they had a few games with the 3rd stringer too. With Dak back, Dallas will probably have a top 5 offense. The Washington D-line will cause issues, but if Dak can pass quickly enough, Washington's secondary will be inferior to Dallas's WRs. Then there's the issue of offense for Washington and NY Giants. Fitz will do ok, but will turn the ball over. And Daniel Jones is a bust imo. I can't see either team scoring many points.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 11:26 May15 2021 Post ID: 3454242
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Mike: I can't see the Eagles competing this year. Did they honestly get any better? Sure, they got Devonta Smith, but I can't tell you any more additions they have made. lol

Matt: I'm not sure Jones is a bust, but this is definitely his final chance. He could easily have a boom year with all of those weapons if he can keep his turnaovers down to a minimum. That said, if I were the Giants, I would trade every pick in next year's draft, Slayton, Shepard, Ross, and Rudolph for Aaron Rodgers and Davanta Adams (with Rodgers signing an additional extension of two years and Adams signing a four year extension, guaranteeing both are on the Giants for the next five years) in a heartbeat. Rodgers with Barkley, Ingram, Galladay, Adams, and Toney would be nearly unstoppable. But Giants would still be roughly 30 millions over the cap unless the extensions of Rodgers and Adams helps them save this year, but releasing/trading Daniel Jones (7 million), Logan Ryan (7 million), Austin Johnson (3 millions), and Devante Booker (2 million) and reconstructing James Bradberry (13 million) and Leonard Williams (11 million) would help them do just that.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 15th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:38 May15 2021 Post ID: 3454243
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
"Compete" in the loosest since of the word, lol. I mean 6-7 wins, enough where they're not gonna be steamrolled by the rest of the division.
Sanzano Posted: 04:01 May16 2021 Post ID: 3454246
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Matt, Dallas couldn't win games with Dak Prescott healthy, all of a sudden everybody is talking about Dak Prescott as if he is the second coming of Tom Brady because he is the highest paid quarterback in the NFL. People forget Prescott's second half stats in games is awful. He is great in the first twenty or so scripted plays but after that he makes poor decisions. Prescot is also coming off an injury and hasn't played for almost a year. Washington is winning the division, Chase Young and Montez Sweat will be all over Prescott, he won't do much better than Dalton. If Fitzpatrick gets hot he'll be throwing four touchdowns against that poor Cowboy defense. Dallas won't have the speed to cover all of Washington's 4.3 speed weapons.

Warrior13 Posted: 06:27 May16 2021 Post ID: 3454249
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
NFC East is a toss up in my eyes, like every year in that division.

If Cowboys offense thrives and defense can be average, they will win the division.

If Giants can get a boom year from Jones with his new toys and their defense continues to play above average, they will win the division.

If Washington defense continues to be elite and Fitzpatrick does not make bad decisions, they will win the division.

If the three teams above wet the bed, I guess Philly could have a shot. lol
Sanzano Posted: 13:22 May17 2021 Post ID: 3454257
Sanzano
+
Philadelphia have just signed Ryan Kerrigan the former Washington Defensive End to a one year deal. I'm not surprised, he's not going to displace Sweat or Young and Washington drafted two Defensive Ends late in the draft so they obviously new he wasn't coming back, too much money I think was the problem.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see Landon Collins leave as well, another player on too much money and past their sell by date. Expect Kam Curl to be a regular fixture at the Safety for years to come.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:11 May17 2021 Post ID: 3454258
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not a huge loss for the Redskins. He used to be great, but he's older now. And like you said, he doesn't compare to where Sweat and Young are now at.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:02 May17 2021 Post ID: 3454260
steelersrock01
+
He also has a reputation for absolutely destroying the Eagles. Funny he'd choose to go there.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:01 May17 2021 Post ID: 3454263
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Did he have multiple offers?
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:04 May17 2021 Post ID: 3454264
steelersrock01
+
No idea
Sanzano Posted: 09:51 May18 2021 Post ID: 3454266
Sanzano
+
I doubt it, Kerrigan is on the downside of his career. Still a good player, the Eagles only gave him a year contract, so they are not sure either. Redskins all-time sack leader, he's made it to the pro bowl several times as well, which is something Sweat and Young can't say at this moment in time.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:20 May18 2021 Post ID: 3454269
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Probably had to go to Philly if that was his only offer and if he wanted to keep playing. Young and Sweat might not be Pro Bowlers yet, but they are far better at this point in time since Karrigan is their senior by like a decade.
Sanzano Posted: 11:57 May18 2021 Post ID: 3454271
Sanzano
+
Without a doubt, I think both Sweat and Young, especially Young will be regular pro bowl participants. Once Washington get their offense sorted out and the team becomes household names Chase Young will become a superstar of the sport. He has a chance to be the next Reggie White who in my opinion is hands down the best Defensive End to play the game.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:18 May18 2021 Post ID: 3454273
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Washington had a Franchise QB, they easily would be a Super Bowl contender. I get not trading up for Fields if they didn't think he was their guy, but they could be in QB limbo if they aren't proactive. If Fitzpatrick keeps his turnovers down to a minimum, the Redskins should easy make the Wild Card. Unfortunately, that would again see them picking at #19 or later in each draft. Unless they have a down year, the Redskins will have to trade to get their QB of the future.

I'm not sure if you would welcome it, but the Redskins might be able to get Watson for cheap at this point. Just a thought. And if he can clean up his legal issues, the Redskins could score big. Watson could be the missing piece for Washington as they have a good group of WRs and a nice O-Line; they would only have to fill in a position or two moving forward after that (like CB).
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:29 May18 2021 Post ID: 3454275
steelersrock01
+
Washington is probably one of the only teams that can take Watson on without sacrificing other players or major restructuring.

Not sure they'd want to take him on considering how they've come under fire for misconduct, though I think they're a scapegoat and all teams probably have issues with conduct around cheerleaders and female staff.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:02 May18 2021 Post ID: 3454277
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If they can get him for cheap, I would pull the trigger. The legal stuff is only on the civil side, so it isn't all bad if he just settles and admits he's got a problem. That said, if criminal charges are ever brought, his career might be over. It's a risk, but, again, not bad if you get him for cheap.
Sanzano Posted: 13:41 May19 2021 Post ID: 3454281
Sanzano
+
I don't think Ron Rivera will want Watson on the team regardless of how good he is. Rivera would be viewed as a hypocrite if signs Watson as it is exactly the culture he is trying to stamp out. The Redskins are just getting over the cheerleader scandal, signing Watson would just add petrol to the fire.

I'm a bit worried about Justin Fields, if he turns out to be as good as he was touted before Christmas then Washington not moving up for him will come to haunt them. They could have got the linebacker Jbril Cox in the second or third round.

Warrior13 Posted: 17:24 May19 2021 Post ID: 3454283
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It would've been hard for the Skins to have moved up for him as they would've had to jump into the Top 9. No way the Cowboys would've traded with them at #10, so they would've had to discuss with the Panthers and Broncos. Bears gave up two 1sts, a 4th and a 5th to nab Fields, so I guessing the Skins would've had to give up two 1sts and a 3rd to leap into the Top 9.

But I don't think they liked Fields. They were probably paranoid he would be another Haskins.

I'd have to think that Fields has the best shot of any of the 2021 Draft QBs to lead his team to the playoffs. I'm sure he'll be starting before too long. He could easily be the starter by Week 4 if Dalton loses to the Rams, Bengals and Browns to start the year (Bears will only be favored against the Bengals in those games). Probably best as Fields would get to face the Lions and Raiders to start his career, both teams not having the best of defenses.
Sanzano Posted: 14:04 May20 2021 Post ID: 3454287
Sanzano
+
I see plenty of people are tipping the Detroit Lions to be the most improved team in the NFL in 2021. Not sure how they figure that one out. The only decent player they have is Penny Sewell and he's a rookie. Kenny Gallowday isn't bad, I can't think of anyone else, Jeff Okudah was a bit of a disappoint considering how high he went last year. The only other Detroit player I can think of is Matthew Stafford and he now plays for the Rams.

I read a statistic that in the last 18 years of the NFL there has been one cellar dweller from the year before who wins the division the following year. Who is it going to be in 2021. I don't think it will be Detroit...

steelersrock01 Posted: 15:33 May20 2021 Post ID: 3454289
steelersrock01
+
Golladay is on the Giants now, lol. TJ Hockenson is pretty good, I guess. Painfully mediocre team with no real star, but they've got a good, young offensive line that are all locked in for multiple years. Something to build off of for sure.

Hard to say what teams could go worst to first. At a quick glance, none. Maybe the Falcons have a shot if the Bucs regress, since I think the Saints are going to struggle offensively. The 49ers ahve a shot, I guess. And anything can happen in the NFC East.

In other, smaller news, the Jags waived RB Ryquell Armstead after signing Travis Etienne, and the Giants have claimed him off waivers. He was a 5th round pick in 2019 and saw some action that year but missed the entire 2020 season after 2 stints with COVID that apparently took a big toll on him. Not likely to be an impact player, but I like to follow his career because he's from my hometown and I worked with his aunt for a year. Nice family and he seems like a good guy.

He's probably the second most famous recent athlete from my hometown after Mike Trout, a fact I like to annoy everyone that has an even passing interest in baseball with.
Displaying Page 287 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close