Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 300 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:51 Jul15 2021 Post ID: 3454920
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
News just came out that Tom Brady played the whole 2020 season on a fully torn MCL in the same knee he tore his ACL in, and he had surgery after the super bowl for it. The legend grows.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 22:53 Jul15 2021 Post ID: 3454923
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Was that his plank leg or no? Incredible either way, but far more godly if it was.
Sanzano Posted: 01:10 Jul16 2021 Post ID: 3454924
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Tom Brady is not human, I learnt a long time ago not to bet against the guy, he nearly always finds a way to win.

Coming from the Patriots to the Bucs and winning a Super Bowl in the first year with a new team now I think about it in perspective was amazing. The guy is definately special in terms of NFL quarterbacking.

Now all the coaches think if they can get Rodgers or Watson they could do the same. I personally don't think so, it would take a couple of seasons for anyone else.

I still laugh when I see old footage of Tom Brady at the NFL combine all those years ago, the most un-athletic looking guy I have ever seen. His 40 yard dash was pitiful to say the least.

Warrior13 Posted: 21:14 Jul16 2021 Post ID: 3454932
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not plank leg, so he is only Super Man. If it was his plank leg, he would be a god. Still incredible. Clearly the goat, perhaps of all sports.

Richard Sherman snapped a few days ago, if you guys have not heard. A lot of people think it has to do with him likely facing life after football. I think it might go beyond that; not always such a great thing having high intellect.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jul 16th 2021 »
Matt77 Posted: 03:41 Jul17 2021 Post ID: 3454935
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Not sure whether that is reckless or amazing. Tampa Bay should've booked him in for surgery and waited while he missed just 4 weeks. He would've had to have injections and pain meds every game and probably many practice sessions too. And the torn MCL could've led to another torn ACL and his career being over. But, they got lucky. He's the perfect type of QB in terms of not needing to run much, but that's still amazing.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 17th 2021 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:30 Jul17 2021 Post ID: 3454937
steelersrock01
+
Definitely reckless, but still amazing. Also irresponsible on his team's part, who are definitely obligated to report that type of injury. Same goes for Drew Brees who was playing with broken ribs and plantar fascia among other things.

I did see Richard Sherman's episode. Pretty insane, but I've never really been a fan and also thought it was hilarious how he and others bring up his "Stanford education" as if that means anything when you're a football player. Also he's lucky that he didn't break down that door as his ex? father-in-law was apparently waiting with a gun.
Sanzano Posted: 04:19 Jul18 2021 Post ID: 3454945
Sanzano
+
Yes,I saw it that on YouTube as well. Last person you want coming around your house with the major hump. You could see the power the guy has by the way he was smashing into that door.

I see Dwayne Haskins is also in trouble, he got beat up by his girlfriend, but conveniently can't remember the incident. I bet Pittsburgh management are well impressed with their future quarterback hitting the headlines again. Apparently his girlfriend knocked a tooth out, she sounds like an animal, but when you see a photo of her she looks stunning.

steelersrock01 Posted: 13:19 Jul18 2021 Post ID: 3454946
steelersrock01
+
I heard about that one too, apparently there was some disagreement within their group and it escalated into her hitting him and knocking the tooth out. Honestly I'm happy with how it turned out since apparently he didn't retaliate or hit her back because only she was arrested. That's extremely rare in these cases and makes it seem like he kept a cool head.
Sanzano Posted: 14:27 Jul18 2021 Post ID: 3454947
Sanzano
+
I think Haskins realizes he will not get any more chances in the NFL if he screws up with the Steelers. Strangely enough both Haskins and his wife are now posting photos of themselves together on Facebook looking like the perfect in love couple. Haskins wife still has to go to court to face charges. Pittsburgh management say they are aware of the situation.

What did she hit him with to knock the tooth out, it obviously wasn't a slap. Something strange about that story. Is she a MMA fighter or something? And why can't Haskins recall the incident happening? All sounds very mysterious to me.

Have you guys seen the dramatic wieght loss of Ben Rothesburger? He looks unrecognizable. Apparently he is obsessed with losing wieght.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jul 18th 2021 »

Sanzano Posted: 16:07 Jul18 2021 Post ID: 3454948
Sanzano
+
Just heard from Adam Schaefer the respected NFL reporter that the Philadelphia Eagles are in the process of doing a deal for DeShaun Watson that invol es multiple number one picks and Helen Hurtz. The Miami Dolphins are also still closely following Watson's situation which tells you straight away that they are not completely sold on Tua.

Current odds on Watson in 2021:

4-1 Dolphins
5-1 Eagles
7-1 Texans - Commissioner exempt list (not playing)
8-1 Panthers
10-1 Washington
12-1 Broncos
20-1 Field
50-1 Texans (playing).

Warrior13 Posted: 20:18 Jul18 2021 Post ID: 3454950
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: I've been saying Philly as a possible landing spot for Watson for how long now? Schefter always a day late and a dollar short. I'm not sure he would help them compete for the division this year as the Eagles have so many holes, but they could do a quick rebuild with Watson if he makes the legal stuff go away. If the Eagles were smart, they would offer the Colts 1st Rounder they own. I'm sure the Texans will accept in a heartbeat. The Eagles would then have Watson and still two 1sts in the 2022 Draft.

Mike: I agree. I've never understood why some people that go to more prestigious school think they are better than others. It means nothing.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:00 Jul18 2021 Post ID: 3454951
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, especially as a star football player where everyone knows you aren't actually getting that education. Where you get your undergrad degree hardly matters - especially true in Sherman's case since he majored in communications. Whatever.

Dennis - yeah Roethlisberger looks great so far, hard to say if he'll keep it off through the season. I've maintained for years that his biggest problem is the pressure his weight puts on his knees, it slows him down and gets him hit. The problems last year were a weak offensive line and an immobile QB in Ben so he had to get rid of the ball too quickly and receivers were dropping passes and getting lit up on short routes. Hopefully he can move a little better this year.

As for Watson, idk. The Philly native in me says the fans will not welcome him at all. But they were the first team to welcome Mike Vick back and he had a couple pretty good seasons there and we all know success washes away any sin in sports.
Sanzano Posted: 00:41 Jul19 2021 Post ID: 3454952
Sanzano
+
You have a point there steelersrock01, being accepted after arranging a few dog fights is one thing but being a sex predator who used their fame to abuse girls trying to earn a living is something else. I don't think Watson will be welcomed anywhere. I don't want him at Washington, that's for sure, regardless of how goo he is.

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:24 Jul19 2021 Post ID: 3454953
steelersrock01
+
I really wouldn't be a fan of him in Pittsburgh either. We've dealt with 15 years of Ben's accusations and immediately going to another QB with similar accusations just isn't a good look for a team that otherwise is proud of its history and reputation. Most Steelers fans are just relieved Ben's time is almost over.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Jul 19th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:48 Jul19 2021 Post ID: 3454954
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Miami did not have Tua, I would be fine with Watson. I am sure he is going to clean up his dirty life now.

How about the Giants as another possible landing spot for Watson? Loads of picks, and he would make them an instant contender. His value is so bad right now that they could probably give up Jones, their 2022 2nd, their two 2022 3rds, and their two 2022 4ths.
Sanzano Posted: 18:27 Jul19 2021 Post ID: 3454955
Sanzano
+
I can't see Watson going to the Giants, New York is probably the last place he wants to go being the media capital of the world. I can picture Watson playing for the Eagles.

steelersrock01 Posted: 21:52 Jul19 2021 Post ID: 3454956
steelersrock01
+
Philly media is notoriously rough, too. I really wish something would happen with him. All this speculation is just going in circles.

Pittsburgh have signed DE Melvin Ingram, formerly of the Chargers. He's a nice player and a former Pro Bowler but injuries and age limited him last year. He'll be a nice rotational/depth rusher.
Sanzano Posted: 10:06 Jul20 2021 Post ID: 3454957
Sanzano
+
I wonder how all the bad publicity will affect DeShawn Watson's performance on the field. He is going to take some abuse from rival teams when he sets foot on the field again. He may never be the same player again.

I wish Aaron Rodgers would make up his mind as to what he is going to do, just not fair on his teammates having everyone standing around second guessing not knowing what is going to happen. I've just read the Packers offered him a two-year extension which would have made him the highest paid player in the league, but he wouldn't sign. Why doesn't he just put everyone out of their misery and go to Denver... The Packers now know for sure he doesn't want to play for them.

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:31 Jul20 2021 Post ID: 3454958
steelersrock01
+
They offered him an extension, sure, but no mention of guaranteed money. If the salary for those years isn't guaranteed, they essentially haven't offered him anything at all and probably just upset him more.

And it's not like he can just trade himself, and the Packers aren't going to trade him unless they get a monster offer.
Sanzano Posted: 11:14 Jul20 2021 Post ID: 3454959
Sanzano
+
So at the end of the day Rodgers holds all the cards. The Packers can't force him to play and he has enough money that he doesn't need to play. If Rodgers decides he doesn't want to play no more Green Bay lose either an elite quarterback or 3 number one picks which could kick start a rebuild for the Packers.

Looking at it like this it appears obvious that the best solution for everyone is to let Rodgers walk. What is stopping Green Bay from doing so? They are not going to win the Super Bowl if Rodgers heart isn't in it and he hasn't prepared with the team.

Displaying Page 300 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close