Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 312 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 00:51 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455431
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
How can Watson clean up his act, his legacy is forever tarnished. Whenever that guy sets foot on a football field he will be looked upon as an abuser of women and sex pest. I make Miami's head coach absolutely correct on his stand on the matter, while the GM is only thinking about dollars he could potentially make if the Dolphins win Super Bowls and become the most prolific team in the NFL.

I hope the Dolphins go with Tua, No reason why he can't develop into an elite quarterback if given a chance. I think Tua has been unlucky being hit by an injury and the disruption Covid has caused back to back.

Texans will be desperate to get rid of Watson now for the best offer they can get just in case he is convicted and they end up getting nothing for him. The guy has publicly stated he wants nothing to do with the team and refuses to play for them.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 04:34 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455432
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
He would have to settle out of civil court, admit his wrongdoing, seek psychiatric help, and pray for no criminal actions. That is really the only way to undo most of the damage; however, as you allude to, his reputation is gone.
Sanzano Posted: 07:01 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455434
Sanzano
+
Watson comes across as a guy with a big ego, I can't see him doing that somehow. I think he will look for a flaw in the case and get it thrown out on a technicality. It only takes one of those girls to get caught lying and Watson goes scott free. I'll be surprised if he does what you say Warrior13, even though it makes sense to me.

I hope Watson doesn't go to Miami, I've always liked the Dolphins and I respect what the organization has been doing the last few years. Watson arriving would just instantly tarnish anything they tben accomplish in my eyes.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Aug 31st 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 09:31 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455435
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I cannot see anyone trading for him until after the season now. It would be too much of a rush to get him acclimated to a new system, and I do not think any organization wants the stigma that comes with him.

The Texans should have traded him to the Panthers when they had the chance.
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:05 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455436
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah, he's going to stuck on the Texans this year. Best case for him is all his court cases to be handled civilly, and get an excellent PR team to go on a redemption tour in the offseason, and then force Houston to trade him for a fresh start.

These things aren't unheard of. Mike Vick came back and has been widely accepted, though he's done a ton to rebuild his image and his crimes weren't so severe. Countless players have beaten women and gotten DUIs, etc, and Ray Rice has pretty much taken the heat for all of them. Ray Lewis probably killed a guy and lied about it, and hardly anyone talks about it. Hell, Jameis Winston has several cases similar to Watson's but because Jameis is a funny meme player (lol he throws a lot of interceptions and he got LASIK) nobody really cares either.

A player of Watson's caliber will have a great team to fix up his image assuming he's not criminally convicted. He'll always be remember for it especially in this era but good enough play can wash away anything.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:49 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455437
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Cam Newton was just cut. Not too surprising. I do not have a clue where he might end up now. Houston? Washington? Dallas of Dak is hurt?

Good luck facing that Dolphins Secondary in Week 1, Mac Jones.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:11 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455438
steelersrock01
+
Not sure how much he has left in the tank and teams will be wary because he is supposedly not vaccinated. Houston seems like a good fit, I don't think he's getting a starting job anywhere else.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:28 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455439
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Washington makes sense since Rivera is the head coach, but he didn't want Cam a year ago so why would he now.

Not sure if Cam is any better than Tyrod Taylor at this point, so that's up in the air as well.

He might be done.
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:18 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455440
steelersrock01
+
Yep. Also not sure how willing he is to take on a backup roll at this point.
Sanzano Posted: 12:56 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455441
Sanzano
+
Dallas have just cut their two backup quarterbacks so my guess is he'll end up there. Mac Jones must of really impressed Belechick, didn't expect that cut before the season. I thought Newton was going to start.

You guys really think Watson will sit out the season? I bet he ends up somewhere and is talking snaps by mid season.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:22 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455442
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dallas is actually keeping Cooper Rush as their backup. Cam still makes sense, but like Mike said, will he be willing to be a backup.

The latest reports say no one wants Watson until after the legal stuff is over. Of course, that could change by the trade deadline.
Sanzano Posted: 14:05 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455443
Sanzano
+
Lol, sounds like Miami is putting the pressure on the Texans to reduce the asking price. Texans have to decide now whether to call Miami's bluff or risk getting nothing for Watson if he is found guilty.

Texans have now said Watson will sit on the bench this season. Ball back in Miami's court. If Watson is cleared ext year the Texans will be asking for 5 number ones Lol. It's a gamble for both sides,I,'m hoping Miami walk away, Watson gets put away and the Texans get nothing.

Warrior13 Posted: 17:07 Aug31 2021 Post ID: 3455444
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If he has criminal charges filed against him, his career will be over. It is too much of a gamble for any team.

The Dolphins have enough talent to make the Wild Card Round if Tua is just average. No need to waste picks on anyone when anything can happen if you make the playoffs. Besides, three more 1st Round Talents (could become four if the Phins deal Howard after another good year) would be far more valuable to getting the Phins in contention with the Bills, Browns, and Chiefs.
Sanzano Posted: 00:29 Sep01 2021 Post ID: 3455445
Sanzano
+
Do you think Miami would consider using some of that draft capital to trade up in the 2022 draft to get either Willis or Rattler. Miami obviously don't think Tua is their guy regardless of how much they tell the public how wonderful he is. I didn't realise how small and athletically limited Tua is compared to the likes of Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert.

It must really upset Dolphins fans now knowing they had an opportunity to get Herbert but opted for Tua. Ironic Miami looked at one point as if they would go with the duck from Oregan.I wonder if fan pressure was a factor in the final decision as all Miami fans were saying was 'we want Tua'.

No doubt Tua can get Miami to the playoffs, not sure they will be able to progress far with him though once he starts going up against the elite calibre quarterbacks in consecutive weeks.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 1st 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 04:32 Sep01 2021 Post ID: 3455446
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It all depends how far Miami goes and how well Tua plays. If he plays as well as he has in the preseason, he should have some good stats and will easily lead Miami current roster to the playoffs.
Sanzano Posted: 06:00 Sep01 2021 Post ID: 3455447
Sanzano
+
Tua's days are numbered then. I don't think Miami is good enough to win the AFC East division ahead of Buffalo. The Dolphins will probably get into a scrap with New England for the wild card place and there is no guarantee they get that either as the Patriots look like they are about to turn the corner. Even if Miami did scrape in as a wild card they are not beating the Ravens or Chiefs in the next match with Tua. This is why I think Miami is after Watson, they believe he can get them past those teams. I would personally however like to see Tua succeed and at least get to a championship game.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:02 Sep01 2021 Post ID: 3455448
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think Miami is easily good enough to make the Wild Card. But like all teams, they need good QB play. Similar to how Dallas should make the playoffs if Dak and the Cowboys stay heathy.
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:21 Sep01 2021 Post ID: 3455449
steelersrock01
+
I don't think New England is competing this year. Mac Jones will have to be great and I think he's going to have typical rookie struggles despite a great preseason.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:09 Sep01 2021 Post ID: 3455450
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think it could go either way with them. Worst case they go 2-4 in the division by only beating the Jets, best case likely 3-3 if they split with the Fins and sweep the Jets. Saints in Week 3 is a toss up, Tampa is a loss, Houston should be a win, Dallas is a toss up, Chargers is a toss up, Panthers are a toss up, Browns are a loss, Falcons should be a win, Titans should be a loss, Colts should be a loss, and Jacksonville should be a win. If they win all the toss ups and go 3-3 in the division, they could be 10-7. If they lose the toss ups and go 2-4 in division, they could be as bad as 4-12. Obviously, likely scenario is they split and win roughly 7-8 games. Their over/under is currently 9.5 Wins; I would go under if I bet on that sort of thing.
Sanzano Posted: 12:43 Sep01 2021 Post ID: 3455451
Sanzano
+
Yes, I agree, I can't see the Patriots getting more than 9 wins, I'm hoping Miami get at least 12 and make it interesting with the Bills. I feel it may be the Bills year to win the Super Bowl if Allen improves from last year. Lots of analysts now say Allen is as good as Mahomes. All the pieces are in place for them. It's a shame the Bills teams of the 90s that went to four straight Super Bowls and lost all four are not playing now because they'd be unstoppable. Bills are one of the few teams now that have never won the Lombardi trophy.

Has anyone picked up Cam Newton? I think the guy is done if he is not prepared to get vaccinated and play as a backup. It's crazy how quickly his star plummeted. He was like what Mahomes is now a few season back.

Displaying Page 312 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close