Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 45 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 01:48 Feb10 2017 Post ID: 3429066
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Oh my god. Seattle just signed Blair Walsh.

Oh the irony cause he won them their wildcard round playoff game two seasons ago.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:59 Feb10 2017 Post ID: 3429067
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
The Carolina Panthers still managed to come out in the second half and at least score a Touchdown which was a lot more that Atlanta did. If the Falcons had of came out and scored a Touchdown at some point during the second half it would of put the game beyond reach. The Patriots would have needed to score 6 Touchdowns and concede no points to win. It's not impossible, the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl XXII in 1988 scored 35 unanswered points in the second quarter after trailing Denver 10-0 but the chances of that happening is very unlikely when you consider the average number of points the Falcons Offense scored during the season.

Sanzano Posted: 02:41 Feb10 2017 Post ID: 3429068
Sanzano
+
Although Blair Walsh currently holds 6 NFL kicking records he struggled last year with Minnesota missing 4 PATs and 4 Field Goals, I think Seattle are taking a gamble with him. He did play better than Seattles current kicker though who had his own difficulties getting the ball between the uprights.

Matt77 Posted: 06:04 Feb10 2017 Post ID: 3429070
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nup, Carolina scored all 31 points in the first* half. They thought it was garbage time all of the second half. Also Atlanta had a 21-3 HT lead and scored a touchdown early in the second half to get their 28-3 lead, but after that it was all she wrote. After that touchdown they thought it was garbage time. Atlanta will be desperate for the next season to start and for another team to lose a massive lead to take the spotlight off them, but unfortunately that will take 7 months.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 10th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 07:55 Feb10 2017 Post ID: 3429075
Sanzano
+
You mean Carolina scored all 31 points in the first half.

The Panthers can count themselves lucky the Seahawks didn't get another score forcing overtime otherwise they would have lost, Seattl had all the momentum in the second half.

As for Atlanta, they're going to be remembered like the Vikings of the 70's, Broncos of the 80' and Bills of the 90's as the team that couldn't win the big one. That's two Super Bowls now that Atlanta has come up short in.

Warrior13 Posted: 16:56 Feb10 2017 Post ID: 3429089
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I think it's time we talk about the draft. ;)
Sanzano Posted: 16:00 Feb11 2017 Post ID: 3429124
Sanzano
+
I'm watching the Leonard Fournette situation unfold, that's the only player in this years draft I feel would make a significant difference to the Washington Redskins. I don't think they'll get him but anything can happen on draft day. Who have you got interest in for the Miami Dolphins Matt77?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 11th 2017 »

Warrior13 Posted: 16:15 Feb11 2017 Post ID: 3429125
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Fornette won't get past #10, so the Skins would have to trade up to get him. I think the Skins need to stay put and draft some defensive guys, since this draft is loaded with them. Miami should do the same.

I'm interested in seeing if anyone trades with the Pats for Grappolo, since he's the hottest QB technically out there. The Pats are outrageous thinking they can get a first round pick for a backup QB, but I think they can get either the #33 from the Browns or #34 from the 49ers. If Houston jumps ship from Osweiler, they might pull the trigger with their mid-20s pick if they think he's the man.
Matt77 Posted: 20:41 Feb11 2017 Post ID: 3429141
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I agree that Houston should look into Garappolo, but if they can't get him they'll look into Romo. They have an awesome defense, but such an awful offense.

Unless New England desperately need a player, they should look to keep Garappolo. If the unimaginable happens and Brady gets injured for either a few weeks or perhaps the entire season, they have a quality backup. Just look at what Miami did with Moore. They kept him as the backup for years when he could've potentially been trade bait, and what happens? A season-ending injury at quarterback threatening to ruin Miami's season. He simply slotted in and instead of having an inefficient backup, they had a serviceable one.

Garappolo showed that he can perform to that level. He lead a team to defeat Arziona in Arizona and then to be dominating Miami 31-3. When he exited, New England were outscored 0-21.

I have no idea who Miami are interested in with the draft. I know next to nothing about the NFL's draft. However I'd say they definitely need young talent to replace the always-injured o-line. I'd say Washington, before doing anything, need to keep Cousins. Without him they could've easily been a 4-12 team this season. Then work on the run game. The pass game is great. They need to perform well next season as their division is extremely tough.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 11th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:15 Feb13 2017 Post ID: 3429245
Sanzano
+
The Redskins will keep Cousins, he's proved himself this season as a top flight Quarterback. He'd be even more successful if the Redskins had a decent running game which is why I hope they can trade up and get Leonard Fournette in the draft. As things stand it looks like Fournette will be going to the NY Jets.

I agree with your call on Miami, they need to improve their defense. I'm also not convinced with their running back Ajai, you can't rely on him putting in a decent performance week in week out. One week he looks like the second coming of OJ Simpson getting 200 yards and then the following week he struggles to get 30. I think I'd rather have a running back who you can rely on getting around 100 yards a game regardless who the opposition is.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:18 Feb20 2017 Post ID: 3429454
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Everything I'm reading has the Skins taking a LB at #17; however, no one can or does predict trades.

Rumors going around saying Skins might trade Cousins to move up, but I doubt that.
Sanzano Posted: 01:33 Feb21 2017 Post ID: 3429462
Sanzano
+
Things could get interesting this draft, I'm reading that Washington might trade cousins to the SF49rs for 2 first round draft picks (one next year) and then pick up Tony Romo to replace him at Quarterback for 2017.

For some reason the Redskins management doesn't appear to rate Cousins even though he threw for almost 5,000 yards and was the third best regular season Quarterback in the league this year behind Brees and Ryan. Logic to me would be to build around him not take a chance on a couple of draft picks that may be busts and a Quarterback who chokes when he gets to the playoffs.

Apparently there's four Quarterbacks in the 2018 draft that we're told are the best to come into the NFL in a long time, I wonder if the Redskins have their eye on one of them? Those Quarterbacks are Josh Rosen, Jake Browning, Sam Darnold, and Lamar Jackson.

Warrior13 Posted: 07:18 Feb21 2017 Post ID: 3429463
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That's the same I've heard for a trade, which wouldn't be too bad if you don't think Cousins is the man you want. He has shown some great things, but still has way too many inconsistencies.

But yeah, next year is loaded with QBs. I'm sure many lower teams will start stockpiling draft picks. XD
Sanzano Posted: 08:23 Feb21 2017 Post ID: 3429464
Sanzano
+
Wouldn't it be something if the Redskins traded Cousins to the SF4rs and with this years number one pick they get Leonard Fournette and next years number one they pick up Josh Rosen, that is if the SF49s do terrrible with Cousins and don't all of a sudden become a 4-12 team. You would have the cornerstone of an NFL dynasty with that one trade.

Anything interesting happenening with the Dolphins, I've really only got my eye on Washington at the moment to be honest.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:14 Feb22 2017 Post ID: 3429492
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
What if the Skins traded Cousins to the 49ers for their First Round Pick, and then traded their second round pick for Garoppolo?

Miami traded the injury-prone Brandon Albert to the Jaguars for a 7th round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Funny thing is we basically got that pick for free, since we were going to telease Albery to save on Cap. We then gave the Jags a 7th round pick for their TE Julius Thomas, another injury-prone player whose only claim to fame was a few years back in Denver before Peyton broke down for good.

All the experts say Miami won woth both trades. As I said, we were going to release Albert anyway. Thomas might be injured a lot, but he's only 26 and he has shown superstar potential. Plus, he fills the need at TE for us, so we don't have to waste a pick this year on that.

Besides that deal, Miami has stated they are going to make a huge splash in Free Agency. And with 50 Million in Free Cap Space, I would expect such.
Sanzano Posted: 05:44 Feb23 2017 Post ID: 3429537
Sanzano
+
I doubt the Patriots will let Jimmy Garoppolo go for a second round draft pick, they'd be after the first round draft pick Washington would get from the SF49rs if they traded Cousins to them. Cousins threw for nearly 5,000 yards last season, doesn't that justify him being given a long term contract, as far as I am concerned Cousins managed that feat without any help in the backfield which makes the number even more impressive as opposing teams were geared up to stop him knowing that the Washington run game was hopeless. The Redskins need to keep Cousins and use their first round draft choice to pick up the best running back available on the 17th selection. What do you think they should do?

Warrior13 Posted: 08:27 Feb23 2017 Post ID: 3429541
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Trade Cousins. lol

Get as much as you can for him, and then pick wisely. Could trade for Garoppolo or Cutler, or try to wait for Romo to be released. Cutler wouldn't cost much, but I'm also sure New England would trade Garoppolo for a Second Round Pick. It might mean you have to give them a second or third round pick for 2018 also, but Garoppolo is the best QB on the Market.
Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Feb24 2017 Post ID: 3429565
Sanzano
+
I don't rate none of those Quarterbacks, Cutler is average at best, had one good season way bacl in 2008 with the Broncos and has done nothing spectacular since then, Romo chokes, craps his jocks everytime he gets into the Playoffs with Dallas and Jimmy Garoppolo has 1.5 games worth of NFL experience which just so happens to be with the best team currently playing in the NFL. Lets see how good Garoppolo is behind centre of the Cleveland Browns before we start calling him the second coming of Tom Brady. I haven't seen enough of him basically.

Washington Redskins management know something about Cousins which they are not disclosing otherwise after the season he just had they wouldn't be stalling signing him up to a long term contract. The guys stats say he is the currently the third best Quarterback in the league when it comes to regular season football.

FreezShock Posted: 12:08 Feb25 2017 Post ID: 3429590
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
lol you know I'm from Minnesota, although my mom is a Wisconsin-born Packer fan.

I will never forget the day my dad yelled after Blair missed... NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I'm not exaggerating. It was earsplitting.

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Sanzano Posted: 01:27 Feb27 2017 Post ID: 3429667
Sanzano
+
If you're a football fan and you follow a team and your team gets sent home for the season because of a missed field goal it will have that effect on you. Just wondering what did you hear when Gary Anderson missed that infamous field goal in the 1988 NFC Championship Game that would have put the Vikings in the Super Bowl. The Minnesota Vikings were red hot that year and everyones favourite to win the Super Bowl.

Displaying Page 45 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close