Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 452 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 450 | 451 | 452 | 453 | 454 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 18:55 Feb07 2024 Post ID: 3460473
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
2024 Trades Mock

Description: Just for fun. Includes ten trades. A few alternate selections. Enjoy, Boys! Discuss!

1) Washington Commanders: QB Caleb Williams - USC
TRADE! The Commanders do as some suspect and trade up to bring Caleb Williams home. The price will be steep, but Washington gets their Franchise QB.

2) Chicago Bears: WR Marvin Harrison Jr - Ohio State
If Caleb Williams forces his way to Washington and the Bears fall back to #2, the debate will then become to either give Fields one last shot or click the reset button with a QB that is not regarded as the top prospect in the Draft. In that case, I think the Bears will give Fields another chance to prove his worth, this time with the added weapon of Marvin Harrison Jr.

3) New England Patriots: QB Drake Maye - North Carolina
No change here. The Patriots need a QB, and I think Maye fits better in their system than Daniels.

4) Arizona Cardinals: WR Malik Nabers - LSU
With Harrison off the board, this pick comes down to Nabers, Bowers or an OT. Nabers plays at a more premium position, so he gets the nod.

5) New York Jets: OT Joe Alt - Notre Dame
TRADE! The Jets move up to get Rodgers more protection. New York has already stated that this is their top priority this offseason.

6) New York Giants: WR Rome Odunze - Washington
Even with Harrison and Nabers off the board, I think the Giants would still look to improve their WR Corps. Odunze is widely considered WR3 in this Draft.

7) Las Vegas Raiders: QB Jayden Daniels - LSU
TRADE! Antonio Pierce and the Raiders pull the trigger and leapfrog the Falcons to nab their QB of the future.

8) Atlanta Falcons: DE Dallas Turner - Alabama
With the Top 3 QBs off the board, this pick remains the same. Not landing Fields or one of the QB Prospects hurts, but Turner is still a nice consolation prize.

9) Chicago Bears: DE Laiatu Latu - UCLA
Sweat was a great addition by the Bears, but they still need a guy opposite of him. Latu keeps this slot.

10) Seattle Seahawks: QB JJ McCarthy - Michigan
TRADE! The new regime in Seattle looks to make a splash and trade up to get an upgrade at QB. And John Harbaugh and the Chargers are more than willing to do a double trade-back in order to hurt Sean Peyton and the Broncos.

11) Minnesota Vikings: CB Nate Wiggins - Clemson
Keeping this pick as before since the board is pretty much the same. Wiggins would be an upgrade for the Vikings.

12) Denver Broncos: QB Bo Nix - Oregon
I still don?t believe Bo Nix is a Day 1 Prospect due to his weaker arm, but a number of websites have him as just that. Sean Peyton gets who he imagines will be his next Drew Bees.

13) Los Angeles Chargers: TE Brock Bowers - Georgia
TRADE! After trading down twice, the Chargers now jump up a few slots to prevent the Saints from stealing their guy. Bowers would be a lethal weapon for Herbert.

14) New Orleans Saints: WR Brian Thomas Jr - LSU
I currently have New Orleans selecting Odunze in my Mock Draft, so why not have them get the next best thing in Brian Thomas? The Saints offense was abysmal last year, and, besides, Michael Thomas will probably be a cap casualty anyway.

15) Indianapolis Colts: CB Terrion Arnold - Alabama
Gonna keep this pick the same as well, as Arnold fills a need for the Colts and is also the best available.

16) Tennessee Titans: OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu - Penn State
Despite trading back not once but twice, the Titans still walk away with one of top OT Prospects. Sounds like a win/win.

17) Jacksonville Jaguars: CB Quinyon Mitchell - Toledo
The Jaguars have already come out and said they need to improve at WR, CB and OL this offseason. The best value right here is at CB, so I went with Mitchell this time around since he had a big Senior Bowl Week.

18) Cincinnati Bengals: OT Amarius Mims - Georgia
I?m still going to keep Mims here since the Bengals OL must be upgraded.

19) Philadelphia Eagles: CB Kool-Aid McKinstry - Alabama
TRADE! Feeling the heat, Sirianni decides to jump the Steelers and address last year?s horrible play at CB.

20) Pittsburgh Steelers: OT JC Latham - Alabama
Following losing out on Mitchell and McKinstry, the Steelers decide to go another route and take value in a sliding Latham.

21) Detroit Lions: CB Cooper DeJean - Iowa
TRADE! The weakest links for the Lions were at CB and S last year, so why not draft a guy like DeJean who can play both positions? Campbell swings for the fences again by trading up for his guy.

22) Los Angeles Rams: DE Jared Verse - Florida State
Even after falling back a few slots, the Rams still get Verse in this scenario. He would be a nice upgrade at EDGE whether at #19 or #22.

23) Houston Texans: DT Kris Jenkins - Michigan
I had the Texans getting a WR in my 1st Mock, but I decided to shake things up a little here. Jenkins is an NFL Blue Blood, and I think that will resonate with DeMeco Ryans. He will continue the DL rebuild in Houston.

24) Dallas Cowboys: CB Kamari Lassiter - Georgia
Lassiter wasn?t on the board here in my 1st Mock, and his value is too good to pass up on for the Cowboys. He would pair nicely with Diggs.

25) Green Bay Packers: S Kamren Kinchens - Miami
With all the best CBs off the board, the Packers go with the next best thing in Kinchens. They need added help in their secondary.

26) Tampa Bay: OG Troy Fautanu - Washington
This pick is too perfect for the Buccaneers to switch. Their OL was their Achilles Heels last year.

27) Arizona Cardinals: DT Michael Hall - Ohio State
Here?s another alternate pick. Hall has loads of talent?which the Cardinals need desperately along their DL?but he does come with some character concerns.

28) Buffalo Bills: WR Keon Coleman - Florida State
Coleman to the Bills still seems like a good fit. Gonna keep it here.

29) Kansas City Chiefs: OT Jordan Morgan - Arizona
TRADE! The Chiefs make a deal with the Dolphins to jump both the Ravens and Niners in order to snatch the OT they have their eyes on. Guyton and Suamataia were also in play, but they decide on Morgan because the former two have motivation question marks.

30) Baltimore Ravens: OT Taliese Fuaga - Oregon State
I read that the Ravens are likely to tag Madubuike, so I decided to give them some youth at OL instead. Some scouts think Fuaga will have to play at G in the pros, but the Ravens could try him at RT before resorting to moving him inside.

31) San Francisco 49ers: OT Tyler Guyton - Oklahoma
After losing out on Morgan and Fuaga, the Niners are forced to chose between Guyton and Suamataia to fill their need at RT. Both young men have concerns that come along with them, but the Niners decide to go with Guyton since his ceiling is a little higher.

32) Atlanta Falcons: QB Michael Penix - Washington
TRADE! For a third straight time, the Dolphins trade down and continue to stockpile draft capital. This time around, however, they swap with the Falcons, who elect to jump back into the 1st for the last decent QB left on the board.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 7th 2024 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:46 Feb08 2024 Post ID: 3460474
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Have you heard the latest, if Washington can't get the first overall pick from the Bears to select Caleb Williams they will take Marvin Harrison with the second pick and trade their second round pick which is number 36 for Justin Fields. I'd be OK with that. At least I know Justin Fields can play in the NFL to a high level. With Howell as backup Washington all of a sudden have two decent quarterbacks.

Always facinating looking at your mocks Warrior13, they tend to be more accurate than what the so called pros put out. Its looking like a given that the Bears will take Caleb Williams now, they want to reset the quarterback position and not pay Fields.

I like the Raiders pulling the trigger and jumping up to get a quarterback, this is something I feel they must do. If they did get Daniels they would be going in the right direction.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 8th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 10:52 Feb08 2024 Post ID: 3460475
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I would like to see the Raiders nab a QB as well, but it all hinges on what Chicago does. If the Bears take Caleb Williams, I would assume QBs go #1, #2 and #3. If they trade to Washington, I think the Bears would just stick with Fields, which would open up Maye or Daniels sliding down a few picks.

Based on recent rumors, I see the Bears Picks now going like this:
#1) Caleb Williams
#9) Rome Odunze

OR (via trade)

#2) Marvin Harrison
#9) Laiatu Latu

Williams camp has said they are not opposed to Chicago but would like a WR at #9 if he goes there. If they trade down, it would only make sense to get Harrison and give Fields one more shot.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 8th 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 11:16 Feb08 2024 Post ID: 3460476
Sanzano
+
This is turning into a fascinating draft. It will be interesting to see which way the Bears ultimately go and their reasons for it.

I feel confident Washington won't take Drake Maye, the North Carolina quarterback is the second best player the college has ever produced at quarterback and Washington already have their best ever quarterback in Sam Howell. Daniels looks good but there are concerns about his size and not being able to withstand the rigors of the NFL.

This to me means the ball is in Chicago's hands, do they pick Caleb Williams and restart the quarterback contract or do they pay Fields and hope Williams is a bust, and use the extra draft picks to go into 'win now' mode. I don't know a lot about Chicago but from what I have seen they could use the extra draft picks.

Warrior13 Posted: 16:12 Feb08 2024 Post ID: 3460477
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, it should definitely be interesting. But I think we will know by draft day. Like, if the Bears do not trade the pick before the week of the draft, I think it will be painfully obvious that they are selecting Caleb Williams. Most trades for the Top Pick usually happen weeks in advance, and I think that will also be the case.

I am still hoping that Washington trades up and gets Williams. Not sure why, but I have always liked the franchise.
Sanzano Posted: 16:28 Feb08 2024 Post ID: 3460478
Sanzano
+
Just heard that Caleb Williams has told the Bears he will boycott the NFL Draft if the Bears do not trade the #1. Who is this guy to come out with comments like that. He definately wants the world to know he is not happy about going to the Bears. What worries me is the guy is a diva. All I see is trouble and drama if Washington trade up for him.

steelersrock01 Posted: 16:39 Feb09 2024 Post ID: 3460479
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Eh, Dennis, I'd take all these rumors and little things you hear the talking heads say with a huge mountain of salt. It's all usually some flavor of BS
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:23 Feb09 2024 Post ID: 3460480
steelersrock01
+
2/15 Mock

1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams - either CHI or WAS will take him first
2. Commanders - QB Jayden Daniels
3. Patriots - QB Drake Maye
4. Cardinals - WR Marvin Harrison Jr
5. Chargers- TE Brock Bowers
6. Giants - WR Malik Nabers
7. Titans - OL Joe Alt
8. Falcons - OLB Dallas Turner - ATL needs a QB but #8 is too early for Penix or Nix.
9. Bears - WR Rome Odunze
10. Jets - OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
11. Vikings - CB Terrion Arnold
12. Broncos - Edge Jared Verse
13. Raiders - QB Bo Nix
14. Saints - Edge Laiatu Latu
15. Colts - CB Nate Wiggins
16. Seahawks - DT Byron Murphy II
17. Jaguars - DT Michael Hall Jr.
18. Bengals - CB Kool-aid Mckinstry
19. Rams - CB Cooper DeJean
20. Steelers - OT Amarius Mims
21. Dolphins - OL JC Latham
22. Eagles - CB Kamari Lassiter
23. Texans - OL Troy Fautanu
24. Cowboys - WR Brian Thomas Jr
25. Packers - S Tyler Nubin
26. Buccaneers - CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr
27. Cardinals - OL Graham Barton
28. Bills - WR Troy Franklin
29. Lions - CB Cam Hart
30. Ravens - OL Tallies Fuaga
31. 49ers - OL Jordan Morgan
32. Chiefs - OL Tyler Guyton

Quick and dirty one here, but I think most of this makes sense. I don't think Penix is really going to drop out of the first, but I couldn't really find a good spot to slot him in.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:11 Feb09 2024 Post ID: 3460481
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Nice Mock, Mike! Definitely could see the Top 10 unfolding like that. Similar to my own, and I think Dennis will pretty much have the same as well. Everything just fits nicely in the Top 10. lol

But I do have so personal critiques:

1) Yeah, I do not see Penix going in the 1st either. I just had him in my trades mock so I could get that tenth trade in. lol However, I would definitely find a place for JJ McCarty. He seems like a lock, even if in the middle to late round.

2) I would swap Kris Jenkins for Byron Mitchell, but that is just me. I have seen Mitchell going in the 1st, so no shade there.

3) I think Tyler Nubin will be a Day 2 guy. Kameron Kinchens is widely regarded as the S1 of this draft at the moment.

4) Similar to Nubin, I would switch Quinyon Mitchell for Rakestraw. The latter seems like a Day 2 Prospect.

5) Graham Barton also looks like a Day 2 guys because of the downgrade of Guards. I would swap for Suamataia.

6) I would also switch Coleman or Legette for Franklin, as I have not seen him in as mocks yet.

Basically just later round stuff nit pick stuff. Just me though. Whole thing is a crapshoot anyway. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 9th 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 04:11 Feb10 2024 Post ID: 3460482
Sanzano
+
Nice mock steelers01, I have pretty much the same as you in the top twelve or so. I just think its not going to that straight forwards though in what Chicago and Washington do. The Chicago fan base loves Justin Fields and they are not that into bringing in Caleb Williams so anything can happen when they have to decide what to do.

As for Washington, I have a hunch that if Chicago do decide to go with Caleb Williams they will use their second round pick which is a high one to acquire Justin Fields. The only other team displaying interest in giving up their first round pick which the Bears want for him are the Steelers and they do not have the money to spend.

I can then see Washington trading out of the first round with Atlanta for a couple of firsts (2024 and 2025) and maybe picking up Bowers or Latu if they are still there on the board. That way if Fields doesn't work out they go into next years draft with two 1sts to get the best quarterback available.

I don't think Washington will give away any draft picks to get Caleb Williams, if he is there they'll take him with the second pick but everything is dependent on what the Bears decide to do.

When would the liklihood of a trade take place if the Bears decide to keep Fields, after the Super Bowl or a week before the draft?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 10th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 10:33 Feb10 2024 Post ID: 3460483
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well, the Panthers traded up last year to #1 on March 10th, and Washington traded up for RGIII on March 9th and the Eagles for Carson Wentz on April 20th, respectively. So, if the Bears trade out of #1, I think it will definitely happen before the draft. Could be as soon as the Combine ends (March 5th) or as late as the week before the draft.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:56 Feb10 2024 Post ID: 3460484
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I got the Chiefs 27-23 btw
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:21 Feb10 2024 Post ID: 3460485
steelersrock01
+
Warrior - for my mock, yeah I'm with you. Honestly, I haven't done a ton of research into the class yet and I don't know a lot of the later round guys. More drafting for position I guess, than specific player.

I got pretty much the same for the game. I think I put 28-21 Chiefs on Yahoo
Sanzano Posted: 17:40 Feb11 2024 Post ID: 3460486
Sanzano
+
I think the Chiefs win 34 - 21

steelersrock01 Posted: 22:17 Feb11 2024 Post ID: 3460487
steelersrock01
+
Wow, Warrior, we were both pretty much spot-on. Decent game. The first half was a bit of a snoozer but it picked up. I was really rooting for the Niners, but I knew that once they took the 3 points instead of going for it that Mahomes was going to get a TD.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:25 Feb11 2024 Post ID: 3460488
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Congrats to the Chiefs. Was rooting for them for my old man, and I am glad to see them win for his happiness. He waited fifty years to see them win it again, and now he gets to be on cloud nine basically every year. lol

My little brother and aunt tied in our family picks. We calculate how many combined points you are off of each teams score and the total score. They were each four combined points off (my brother was two points off of the Chiefs Score, two points off of the Niners Score, and zero points off the total score; my aunt was one point off of the Chiefs Score, one point off of the Niners Score, and two points off of the total score).

I was six points off using this metric. So close to the $50 kitty we play for. lol
Sanzano Posted: 02:24 Feb12 2024 Post ID: 3460489
Sanzano
+
You guys were close, you both said it would be less than a one touchdown game separating the two teams. I guess Mahomes now moves ahead in the all time quarterback Super Bowl rankings, one more win and he ties Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana with four, can he catch Brady or is that beyond that a record that will never be beat?

steelersrock01 Posted: 07:37 Feb12 2024 Post ID: 3460490
steelersrock01
+
I think he can catch Brady, maybe. He's only 28 and can potentially play another 12 years.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:10 Feb12 2024 Post ID: 3460491
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I do not see Mahomes (or any other QB for that matter) catching Brady. Even after last night, he is still four Super Bowls away of merely tying the man. Asking that of any person is unrealistic.

That said, I do not think Mahomes needs seven to be considered the GOAT. If he is able to win like 5 of out 7, I think that will suffice. We all know he is the more gifted of the two, and 5/7 is basically equal to 7/10.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 12th 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 13:51 Feb12 2024 Post ID: 3460492
Sanzano
+
Brady's record is unreachable, free agency will end the Chiefs dynasty unless Andy Ried turns out to be as frugal and shrewd as Bill Belichick. Mahomes would also have to do what Brady did and take less money so the team can bring in the pieces he wants for his offense. Even if Mahomes retired tomorrow he would be a first balot hall of famer.

Ryan Tannehill is the Steelers target at quarterback.

Displaying Page 452 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 450 | 451 | 452 | 453 | 454 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close