Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 453 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 451 | 452 | 453 | 454 | 455 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 15:22 Feb12 2024 Post ID: 3460493
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
From what I hear, the Chiefs will likely lose Chris Jones in Free Agency. You also have to factor that Kelce is aging and Reid is dabbling in the thought of retirement. Dynasty, yes, but will it match the longevity of the Patriots Dynasty? I just do not think that will ever be replicated.

Tannehill is crud. Steelers would be better off just keeping Pickett.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:18 Feb12 2024 Post ID: 3460494
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Remember Mahomes signed that really long contract that is going to end up being a steal. But yeah, unlikely they can keep the whole team together long.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:43 Feb12 2024 Post ID: 3460495
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, unless the cap increases by a good chunk, the Chiefs are bound to lose some key pieces coming up here. And that is not even counting Kelce, who might, at best, have a year or two left in him. He already is showing signs of aging.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:21 Feb15 2024 Post ID: 3460496
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: Post your first mock when you have the chance. ;)

Cannot wait to see!
Sanzano Posted: 16:32 Feb15 2024 Post ID: 3460497
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I started to struggle from Seattle onwards. I have a feeling when all is done and dusted there will be three or four hall of famers in the first round of this draft. I'm thinking Harrison Jr and Bowers for sure going on what I have seen them do in college. I also think Caleb Williams will be a Ryan Leaf type bust who can't handle the pressure of the NFL and falls apart after realizing the he isn't playing against college kids any more.

I'm wondering once the Bears realize nobody wants to give up a kings ransom for the first pick of the draft they are forced to use it on Marvin Harrison if they decide to keep Fields. Justin Fields and where he ends up basically dictates whether we have good mocks or not. I personally think he will go to Atlanta for their first round pick and the Bears 3rd round pick (75) which could set up the Bears to get Laiatu Latu and Olumuyiwa Fashanu with picks 8 and 9. I wonder if the Raiders will go all in to get a one of the top three quarterbacks? This is a very interesting draft, there are so many possible combinations.

Kool-aid Mckinstry, that can't be his real name, sounds like another Sauce Gardner type of name. There must be a story behind it.

Below are teams over the cap, New Orleans giving Car 150 million has caused them a problem...
Cleveland Browns: -$20.6 Million
Denver Broncos: -$25.7 Million
Los Angeles Chargers: -$44.0 Million
Miami Dolphins: -$51.2 Million
Buffalo Bills: -$51.8 Million
New Orleans Saints: $82.0 Million

1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams (Marvin Harrison Jr if they decide to stick with Fields and can't get three 1sts which is unlikely)
2. Commanders - QB Jayden Daniels (I worry about him being undersized for the NFL)
3. Patriots - QB Drake Maye (the next Justin Herbert)
4. Cardinals - WR Marvin Harrison Jr (the next Randy Moss)
5. Chargers- TE Brock Bowers
6. Giants - WR Malik Nabers
7. Titans - OL Joe Alt
8. Falcons - OLB Dallas Turner
9. Bears - Edge Laiatu Latu
10. Jets - OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
11. Vikings - Edge Jared Verse
12. Broncos - CB Cooper DeJean
13. Raiders - QB J.J.McCarthy
14. Saints - WR Rome Odunze
15. Colts - CB Nate Wiggins
16. Seahawks - DT Michael Hall Jr.
17. Jaguars - DT Byron Murphy II
18. Bengals - CB Terrion Arnold
19. Rams - CB Kool-aid Mckinstry
20. Steelers - OT Amarius Mims
21. Dolphins - Ja'Tavion Sanders
22. Eagles - CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr
23. Texans - OL JC Latham
24. Cowboys - WR Brian Thomas Jr
25. Packers - S Tyler Nubin
26. Buccaneers - CB Kamari Lassiter
27. Cardinals - OL Taliese Fuaga
28. Bills - WR Troy Franklin
29. Lions - Edge Chop Robinson
30. Ravens - OG Cooper Beebe
31. 49ers - S Javon Bullard
32. Chiefs - WR Ladd McConkey

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 16th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 20:37 Feb16 2024 Post ID: 3460498
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Very nice, Dennis!

Yeah, the Top 10 seems basically the same between all three of us. No complaints to your Top 20; I could see things definitely falling like that.

Here?s my suggestions:

1) Ja'Tavion Sanders will go Day 2. Almost a certainty at this point. No team has him as a 1st Round Talent. Bowers will 99% be the only 1st Round TE.

2) I would swap Kinchens for Nubin. Kinchens is the only safety that has a shot of going in the 1st.

3) I would also switch Franklin and McConkey out for Coleman or Legette. Franklin and McConkey sound like they will be one of the many WRs that fall to the start of the 2nd.

4) Fantanu is the only Guard in 1st Round contention right now. Beebe is another Day 2 Guy.

5) Bullard is another Day 2 Prospect. If you are dead set on two Safeties, then definitely go with Nubin.

Again, just the later prospects could be switched around. Great job.
Sanzano Posted: 05:40 Feb17 2024 Post ID: 3460499
Sanzano
+
Thanks for the feedback Warrior13.

It's still all smoke and mirrors as to what Chicago and Washington are going to do with the first two picks. Pretty sure they are not going to give up draft capital for Caleb Williams, too many other positions need to be addressed first and Daniels and Maye can be obtained without giving anything up.

I'm still not sure which quarterback Washington will take, Daniels and Maye both have a question mark next to them. All I do know is Washington is putting together a decent coaching staff under Dan Quinn and whichever quarterback they take will get some decent coaching. I'm wondering if that is what has upset Caleb Williams, he can see that and knows if he goes to the Bears he will not get that as can be evidenced by Justin Fields.

Nobody realised Dan Quinn had so much clout, he has attracted some good coaches, half of which seem to have come from San Francisco.

What linebackers do you think will be in play around the third round? Washington will take an offensive guard with their high second pick and then it will be linebacker.

Any big news coming out of the Miami and Pittsburgh camps?

Good call on Ja'Tavion Sanders Warrior13, he looks like a decent tight end, big and strong with a punishing stiff arm. He may go in the first round after looking at his highlights. I wouldn't be surprised if Washington pick him up with their second pick if they go out and get offensive linemen in free agency. They are desperate for a playmaking tight end.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 17th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 11:24 Feb17 2024 Post ID: 3460500
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have no idea about LBs this year. Definitely none in the 1st, and after that, it is anyones guess. I read somewhere that Cooper out of Texas A&M is the most talented LB in the Draft, but he has major character concerns. If I was Washington, I would probably wait until the 3rd to address LB.

No news out of Miami. I think Free Agency will be very telling for the Dolphins. They have a lot of guys to resign, but they are very limited due to cap issues. To make matters worse, Miami only has two picks in the Top 150. I would assume they will look to trade out of the 1st and gain more draft capital.
Sanzano Posted: 15:45 Feb17 2024 Post ID: 3460501
Sanzano
+
Dolphins are $51.2 million over the cap, not a good place to be. They need to start offloading some players and like you say getting more draft picks.

Tua's annual salary alone is going to be $47.5 nu in 2024. Is he worth that or do Miami need to think about restarting the clock with a rookie contract. Makes me wonder what they will do when you take into account Tua's medical history. Tua has shown flashes that he is the guy but other times he has looked less than stellar. Is he another stats guy like Kirk Cousins and Dak Prescott, good quarterbacks who will never reach the Super Bowl?

Tyreek Hill hits the cap for 31 million, is the guy worth that, he's not even a quarterback. It will be interesting to see what they do in Miami, there's definately going to be some changes there.

The Raiders want Jayden Daniels, if for whatever reason Washington and New England don't take him with the 2nd and 3rd picks I can see the Raiders trading with the Cardinals at pick four to grab him.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 17th 2024 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:47 Feb19 2024 Post ID: 3460502
steelersrock01
+
Nice mock, Dennis.

It's hard to imagine the Dolphins letting Tua walk. If you don't immediately tank and draft a stud you're screwed fro years. Look at the Steelers since Ben retired. They drafted Pickett in the middle of the first and he's been bad. Same for the Pats with Mac Jones. Good QBs don't hit free agency very often, and if they were to trade him and get some draft picks, those draft picks could be anything! Maybe even a player as good as Tua. Same reason why Dallas isn't going to get rid of Dak or anyone of that caliber. Not having a QB can set your franchise back a decade and it's easy to convince yourself you just need a lucky break and you can get to the Super Bowl.
Sanzano Posted: 17:01 Feb20 2024 Post ID: 3460503
Sanzano
+
New York Jets apparently are interested in Sam Howell, they want to give Washington a 3rd round draft pick for him. Howell may do well there learning the ropes from Aaron Rogers.

Justin Fields has closed all his social accounts with the Bears and started following Atlanta Falcons players, I guess that's where he is going which means pick one is definately Caleb Williams to Chicago.

Washington will stay put at quarterback and the pick apparently is likely to be Drake Maye which I don't understand as he played in a weak college division and isn't as good as Howell who is acknowledged as the best quarterback Carolina have ever produced.

Jayden Daniels doesn't seem to be the popular choice that he was a couple of weeks ago for some reason. Lots of people have Marvin Harrison going to the Patriots which I don't understand as they need a quarterback. I would have thought they would take Daniels if he is available. If they don't his next landing spot I think is the Raiders.

Warrior13 Posted: 17:14 Feb20 2024 Post ID: 3460504
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I heard the Jets will likely go after Jimmy G or Ryan Tannehill. They already do not many picks, so I doubt they trade for a backup QB.

If the Bears go Caleb Williams at #1, I am sure Fields will be dealt before the Draft. His value will plummet if they make the selection before trading him. Atlanta is a popular landing spot for him, and I think a 2nd would be fair.

I think Washington will ultimately land on Daniels over Maye. He has more Lamar and Mahomes in him, and I would imagine new OC Kingsbury would want the more athletic of the two.

If Bears go with Williams, I think it will be Williams, Daniels and Maye in that order and then the Bears will select a WR at #9. If Washington trades up and gets Williams, I think the Bears will go Harrison at #2.
Sanzano Posted: 17:09 Feb21 2024 Post ID: 3460506
Sanzano
+
If Washington trades up which I don't think will happen to get Williams you think the Bears will go Harrison at 2? If you are correct who will be their quarterback because Fields is likely to be dealt before a team trades up for the number one pick. Do they go quarterback with their 9th pick? J.J. McCarthy would still be around as would Penix and Bo Nix but they would be a downgrade from Fields.

I think you are right about Daniels going to Washington at number 2 though, like you say, he has the skills which Kingsbury likes to work with. I can also see Maye going to the Patriots, I can somehow see him playing in a New England uniform.

1) Calib Williams - Bears
2) Jayden Daniels - Washington
3) Drake Maye - Patriots

Unless another team offers a ridiculous trade I'm sticking with the above.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 21st 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 23:26 Feb21 2024 Post ID: 3460507
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The only way the Bears trade down is if they roll with Fields. If they move down, I think it is clear they are sticking with Fields. If they trade Fields, I think it blatantly obvious they are drafting Caleb Williams.

One or the other will most definitely be taking place prior to the Draft Night.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:20 Feb22 2024 Post ID: 3460508
steelersrock01
+
I don't think Fields will fetch more than a 3rd.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:18 Feb22 2024 Post ID: 3460509
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
A 3rd? Man, that would be a steal for a team like Atlanta. They could then draft an Edge at #9 and either a WR or OT in the 2nd. They would easily be the favorite in the South next year if they can pull that off.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:53 Feb22 2024 Post ID: 3460510
steelersrock01
+
Maybe I'm just low on him, but I really don't think he's shown anything to prove he can actually be a good NFL QB. Some flashes of big play stuff, sure, but that's about it. If the Steelers gave up a second for him I wouldn't necessarily be mad but I think that's a high price, especially an early 2nd. A 1st would be loony.
Sanzano Posted: 10:21 Feb23 2024 Post ID: 3460511
Sanzano
+
I'd be happy with Washington giving a 3rd round pick for Justin Fields and taking Marvin Harrison in the draft with the second pick. With the coaching staff Washington now has in place someone like Fields could flourish. We should find out pretty soon what the Bears decide to do, if they wait until draft day they won't get a good deal for Fields as every team knows they have no option but to move him if they are rolling with Caleb Williams.

Warrior13 Posted: 17:04 Feb23 2024 Post ID: 3460512
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I do not think Washington would want Fields, primarily because he is approaching the point where a team will have to decide if they want to extend him. It sounds like Atlanta or New England will land Fields if he is indeed dealt.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:03 Feb24 2024 Post ID: 3460513
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The 2024 NFL Cap will be 255 million, which is about 10-15 more than what teams thought it would come in at. Should definitely help a few teams in trouble of making that number as well as some of the big boys needing to resign their star talent.

Even with this good news, however, Miami will be shedding the contracts of Xavien Howard and Emmanuel Ogbeh. Howard is older, but he could give a super bowl contender one good year. Ogbeh was a bad contract from the beginning.
Displaying Page 453 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 451 | 452 | 453 | 454 | 455 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close