Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 454 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 452 | 453 | 454 | 455 | 456 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 15:38 Feb24 2024 Post ID: 3460514
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Xavien Howard is a quality player, the Dolphins will miss him, who do they have to replace him?

Fields going to New England is a possibility, I wonder if the Bears would entertain a trade with New England involving Fields to get their number three pick in order to get Harrison.

Something like the Bears number 9 pick in 2024, 2nd round pick in 2024, 1st round pick in 2025, and Justin Fields.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 18:44 Feb24 2024 Post ID: 3460515
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Miami still has Jalen Ramsey, and they drafted a CB on Day 2 last year.

I doubt the Patriots would even entertain the thought of trading the #3 Pick for Fields. If they can get Fields for a 2nd or 3rd, then yes, but no way for anything more. The thinking would obviously be to draft Harrison should they trade for Fields.
Sanzano Posted: 06:35 Feb26 2024 Post ID: 3460516
Sanzano
+
Of course the Patriots wouldn't give up there 3rd pick in the draft for Fields. What I mean is would the Patriots give up their 3rd pick for Fields and other draft picks like maybe for the Bears 9th pick of 2024 and a 2nd?

Bears - Patriots 3rd pick of 2024 to get Harrison

Patriots - Bears 9th pick of 2024, Bears 2nd round pick of 2024, Justin Fields

Have you guys seen the footage of Drake Maye on YouTube messing about on the football field? He is standing on the 20 yard line and his friend says can you hit the goal post from here? Maye says 'I'll try' and then throws the ball 90 yards downfield and bounces it off the goal post. The guy has a cannon for an arm, how does he manage to throw it so far? I must admit I am wondering if cgi is involved but then again Maye wouldn't want to look like a con artist just before the draft.
'

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:52 Feb26 2024 Post ID: 3460517
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
The Bears don't have a second round pick this year. They have a third rounder, #75. So your scenario would be:

Bears get - #3

Pats get - #9, #75, Fields

And then the Bears would get their QB at 1 and Harrison at #3, I guess. That seems like a massive win for the Bears, and I don't see the Pats interested in Fields. He doesn't move the needle for them and is due for a paycheck soon. I think they'll stay put at #3 and take a QB.

I haven't seen that video but I'm not surprised. I think most NFL-level guys can launch it when not in a game-pressure situation. Was it Anthony Richardson last year who was launching it almost 70 yards from his knees?
Warrior13 Posted: 10:02 Feb27 2024 Post ID: 3460518
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I seriously doubt anyone would give up a 1st for Fields. Even in that proposed trade, the Patriots lose both way by missing out on Harrison and overpaying for Fields. I really think a 2nd is the best the Bears will get, especially since everyone will know they are drafting a QB if they are shopping him.

I had to look up the video, and I will admit it is impressive. Not sure how many takes it took him do so, but it?s still a feat no less. Maybe not to the likes of JaMarcus Russell or Anthony Richardson when on one knee, but yeah, doubt many people on earth could do it with accuracy.

Heard a rumor that the Bears are also intrigued by Jayden Daniels and JJ McCarthy. I swear, if the Bears take JJ McCarthy or trade with Washington and draft Harrison #2 and McCarthy at #9, I will die.
Sanzano Posted: 08:46 Feb28 2024 Post ID: 3460519
Sanzano
+
It's looking like Atlanta are the hot favorites to grab Fields, it has not been disclosed yet what they are offering but I would not be surprised if it is their second round pick like Warrior13 thinks.

Washington have stated they are interested in trading for the first pick of the draft. That can only mean they are thinking of going all in for Caleb Williams. I have also heard reports that Washington are also considering trading out of the 2nd pick of the draft so basically anything can happen between now and draft day.

I still think the pick will be Daniels at number 2 but the size of the guy worries me. I think Maye is just a smokescreen, he does not have the skills Kingsbury likes to work with.

I feel sorry for Sam Howell, he was leading the NFL in passing yards with no offensive line for nearly three quarters of the season and he is now being thrown under the bus. Several teams have shown an interest in him.

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:11 Feb29 2024 Post ID: 3460520
steelersrock01
+
Man, these 40 yard dash times are insane these days. This guy is 6' 3" 292 and ran a 4.7
https://www.reddit.com/r/nf...says_oh/

Marvin Harrison Jr looks like a complete animal. Dude is going to be a beast. Freakish athlete and you know his dad has drilled the fundamentals into him. Marvin Harrison was one of the best route runners ever.
Sanzano Posted: 11:16 Mar01 2024 Post ID: 3460521
Sanzano
+
That was an impressive sprint for a man that size. Why don't NFL teams have a fullback like that in the backfield for short yardage situations? He would be tough to bring down with a running start. Christian Okoye was 6.1 and 253 pounds and like his name suggests he was a nightmare to tackle. The guy in the video is 50 pounds heavier and faster, it would be like trying stop a runaway truck.

Have to laugh, every veteran quarterback that is not a guaranteed starter is being linked with the Falcons. Their fans probably haven't got a clue who will be starting for them when the new season begins. And on top of that it is rumored they will be trading up to the first pick.

I'm still convinced that the first three picks will be:

1 - Chicago - Caleb Williams
2 - Washington - Jaylen Daniels
3 - New England - Drake Maye

I'll be surprised that doesn't happen. Chicago are now saying they are interested in Jaylen Daniels but I think this is just to try and get Washington to trade and still get Caleb Williams at 2. Quinn has said Washington will be taking a mobile quarterback which pretty much rules out Drake Maye who is not in the same league as Williams or Daniels when it comes to running with the ball.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:42 Mar01 2024 Post ID: 3460522
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I am almost 100% certain that it will be William, Daniels, and then Maye. It will be a dead giveaway if the Bears trade Fields beforehand, which all of us expect at this point.

Real question is whether McCarthy and Nix find a home in the 1st, which is appearing very likely.
Sanzano Posted: 17:16 Mar01 2024 Post ID: 3460523
Sanzano
+
I feel confident now after studying numerous articles and reports that Fields will be shipped out in the coming weeks.

If Atlanta don't grab Fields then I can see them taking a rookie quarterback, I can also see one of them going to the Raiders if they don't get Russell Wilson. I think Denver are also sniffing around for a quarterback, I think they have interest in Kirk Cousins.

Looks like the Commanders will revert back to the Redskins soon. The new owners have been hit with a lawsuit by the Native American Guardians Association (NAGA). Fed-Ex who who sponsored Washington and put pressure on the team to change the name are no longer sponsors as of this week.

What do you guys make of this, for the first time in combine history a prospect has refused to participate in medical exams. No surprise we're talking about Caleb Williams here. To me this is a major red flag, I hope he goes to Chicago. The guy hasn't thrown a ball in the NFL and he's already causing trouble. I can understand his reason though, he says why give private medical reports to teams who have no chance of drafting him anyway. I just don't like the way everything is a drama with him. He also doesn't have an agent, he represents himself apparently. The guy is trouble for whoever drafts him.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 1st 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 23:23 Mar03 2024 Post ID: 3460524
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Been very busy with work and life, but I was able to catch some of the combine. And lets just say, my next mock draft will be changing drastically.

We said next mock on March 5, but how about we just make sure to post before free agency? That will give us all some time to read more reports from the combine.

Sad news with Mort passing. Dude was awesome. Kinda surprised he lasted eight years after being diagnosed with stage four cancer. RIP.

Good/sad day for me, one of my childhood idols, the wrestler Sting, just wrestled his last match. True end of an era.
Sanzano Posted: 01:23 Mar04 2024 Post ID: 3460525
Sanzano
+
That's fine Warrior13, I'm struggling to keep up with all the teams cuts and what is happening at the combine as well.

I'm intrigued what is happening at Washington, only two players are safe - Daron Payne, and Terry McLauren. Everyone else is being shown the doww or used as trade bait.

JJ McCarthy is rising up the quarterback ranks fast, pretty much like Zack Wilson did a couple of years ago. Williams and Daniels are definately the two top quarterbacks with Maye slightly behind them and then McCarthy.

Xavier Howard and Andre Swift have both been linked with Washington so its looking like they are getting rid of Gibson and Kurl.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:05 Mar04 2024 Post ID: 3460526
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Bucs resign Mike Evans 2yr/52mil. Big time overpay in my opinion for a 31 year old WR.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:26 Mar04 2024 Post ID: 3460527
steelersrock01
+
Evans has been solid his whole career though, he wasn't taking less. If they can get one of the cheaper free agent QBs, that's a good deal.

Russel Wilson released, wow. That's a ton of dead cap for the Broncos, and potentially a decent dirt cheap QB for someone. Gotta think he's near the top of the free agent group.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:37 Mar04 2024 Post ID: 3460528
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My 2nd 2024 NFL Mock Draft (Post Combine)

1) Chicago Bears: QB Caleb Williams - USC
Whether it's Chicago or Washington, Caleb Williams is going #1. Lock it in.

2) Washington Commanders: QB Jayden Daniels - LSU
If it comes down to Daniels or Maye, I believe the Commanders will go Daniels. He will be a much better fit in Kingsbury's scheme.

3) New England Patriots: QB Drake Maye - North Carolina
It's being reported that the Patriots are indeed looking to go QB at #3. Unless something drastically changes in Free Agency, QBs will go 1-3. Maye is the pick here with Williams and Daniels off the board.

4) Arizona Cardinals: WR Marvin Harrison Jr - Ohio State
Everyone and their mother have been slotting Harrison to the Cardinals since the draft order was locked in. No bold prediction here.

5) Los Angeles Chargers: OT Joe Alt - Notre Dame
I originally had the Chargers going with Brock Bowers after trading down, and though I still believe their is a really good chance this happens on Draft Night, I don't think they would select a TE in the Top 5 if they end up not finding a deal they like for the pick. If this turns out to be the case, Alt makes much more sense for Harbaugh's team building methods.

6) New York Giants: WR Malik Nabers - LSU
The Sports Media has been hyping Odunze for months, but the truth is that most teams are way higher on Nabers. I expect Giants to be one of said organizations.

7) Tennessee Titans: OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu - Penn State
I don't really like putting Fashanu this high because of his more passive nature, but I think it's much more likely the Titans would lean toward electing to better protect Levis than grabbing another weapon like Bowers or Odunze. This Draft is loaded with WR talent, so the Titans could still nab a weapon for their QB in the 2nd.

8) Atlanta Falcons: DE Dallas Turner - Alabama
Since Atlanta remains the leading candidate to land Fields in a trade, I'm going keep Turner here. He was a freak at the Combine, and the Falcons could use more talent on their D-Line.

9) Chicago Bears: WR Rome Odunze - Washington
I initially had the Bears going Offense/Defense with their two 1sts, but since Williams' camp made it very clear that they would want a weapon for the QB at #9, this one now comes down to Bowers or Odunze. With Cole Kmet already on the roster, Odunze became the obvious choice here.

10) New York Jets: OT JC Latham - Alabama
With Alt and Fashanu moving up, that would put the Jets in the likely scenario of drafting the next OT a little earlier than expected. Latham is more of RT for the NFL, but since the Jets are expected to try to add Bakhtiari at LT anyways, I think this pick makes sense.

11) Minnesota Vikings: DT Byron Murphy II - Texas
I had the Vikings going with Nate Wiggins the first time around, but I decided to switch things up here due to minor concerns teams have about him. Murphy is a lot like Aaron Donald in that he is a little smaller but a force to be reckoned with, and the Vikings could use a guy like that on their D-Line.

12) Denver Broncos: QB Bo Nix - Oregon
I still believe that JJ McCarthy is a better prospect than Bo Nix, but I have a sneaking feeling that Sean Payton might believe Nix could be his next Drew Brees.

13) Las Vegas Raiders: QB JJ McCarthy - Michigan
The Broncos' loss is the Raiders' gain here. McCarthy is a proven winner, and I think new head coach Pierce will want to bring in that type of guy and make a statement with such to kickoff his tenure in Las Vegas.

14) New Orleans Saints: TE Brock Bowers - Georgia
I read a report that the Saints might just go with the best available prospect at #14 since will likely have a number of needs after making the necessary cuts to get under the cap limit. This is what I have them doing here, landing the ultra talented Bowers, who is only taking a small slide because of the position he plays, to pair with Kamara and Olave as weapons for Carr.

15) Indianapolis Colts: CB Nate Wiggins - Clemson
Despite having minor concerns, Wiggins will probably not fall far. If he, the best pure CB in the Draft, falls to Indianapolis, I doubt the Colts will wait very long to turn in their pick card. They must better account for Lawrence, Stroud and Richardson.

16) Seattle Seahawks: OT Taliese Fuaga - Oregon State
Fuaga is another guy that is being hyped by the Media, but I did read a combine report that teams believe he is one of the more safer picks in the Draft. I also saw another report that the Seahawks might be leaning O-Line at #16, so he's the pick here. Seattle can put him at RT and bump Lucas to G or vice versa.

17) Jacksonville Jaguars: CB Terrion Arnold - Alabama
Before the Combine, I was going to switch my pick here to Quinyon Mitchell. But after seeing a report that the Jaguars are looking for a prospect with more size and physicality at #17, I decided otherwise. Arnold fits more into that mold, and he looked really good in on the field drills.

18) Cincinnati Bengals: OT Amarius Mims - Georgia
The Bengals have more guys to resign than they will likely be able to keep, and I have a feeling one of them will be none other than Jonah Williams. This would leave a huge hole at RT, which is why I am going to stick with Mims here. He is a bit of a Boom/Bust Prospect since he didn't start much in college due to injury, but protecting a returning Borrow has to be top priority for the Bengals.

19) Los Angeles Rams: DE Laiatu Latu - UCLA
It's funny how the Bears passing on Latu at #9 could seem him slide this far, but I'm sure the Rams would love to have the last laugh. Latu's presence should help free up Donald for some more one-on-ones.

20) Pittsburgh Steelers: OG Troy Fautanu - Washington
I still think CB might be the pick here, but OL is also a big need for the Steelers. Fautanu is another of the more safer prospects in the Draft, and his versatility to possibly play anywhere along the O-Line should be appealing for Pittsburgh.

21) Miami Dolphins: CB Cooper DeJean - Iowa
Miami has already cut Xavien Howard, and both of the team's safeties are set to hit Free Agency coming up here shortly. This could lead to them having multiple holes in the back of their defense; however, luckily for them, Cooper DeJean can do it all in the secondary. This was another one that just seemed to make the most sense.

22) Philadelphia Eagles: CB Kool-Aid McKinstry - Alabama
The prospect rankings have changed with the Combine, but one thing that hasn't gone away in the past few weeks is Philadelphia's need at CB. McKinstry wasn't here last time around for me, but now that he is, he's the pick here.

23) Houston Texans: DT Kris Jenkins - Michigan
The Texans could be losing Greenard to Free Agency, so they might have a hole in the middle of their D-Line. Even if they can somehow retain him, they could use some additional talent in that given area. Jenkins had a great Combine, proving the apple didn't fall far from the tree. He would pair nicely with Will Anderson.

24) Dallas Cowboys: OT Tyler Guyton - Oklahoma
Tyron Smith is hitting Free Agency and is unlikely to return to the Cowboys. With that said, I am going to keep my pick the same here with Guyton to Dallas. He's another Boom/Bust Prospect, but his high ceiling will probably be too much for him to get out of the 1st.

25) Green Bay Packers: CB Quinyon Mitchell - Toledo
Mitchell could go way before this, but I doubt Green Bay would mind if he fell to them. They need a guy across from Alexander, and history shows they prefer to go Defense in the 1st. OT could also be the choice here, though I think they could still get a quality guy early in the 2nd.

26) Tampa Bay: DE Jared Verse - Florida State
Offensive Line is probably the biggest need for the Buccaneers, but they could also stand to get better at Edge Rusher. Verse is simply too good to pass up on at this juncture.

27) Arizona Cardinals: DE Chop Robinson - Penn State
I continue to struggle whether to put Chop Robinson or Michael Hall here, as the Cardinals have needs both on the inside and outside of their D-Line. However, I'm going to stick with Chop for now, primarily because he just blew up the combine. Hall also carries the baggage of character concerns.

28) Buffalo Bills: WR Brian Thomas Jr - LSU
It's no secret that the Bills want to get more size and speed outside for Josh Allen, and Brian Thomas is all of that wrapped into one. After measuring in at 6'3" 200lbs and clocking in with a 4.34 forty, he would be very enticing for Buffalo.

29) Detroit Lions: WR Xavier Worthy - Texas
Johnny Newton would probably make more sense here since the Lions could use more interior pass rush, but I could definitely see Dan Campbell going absolute balls to the wall with this pick. And who would be a better home run swing than the prospect that just ran the fastest forty yard dash in the history of the NFL Combine?

30) Baltimore Ravens: WR Xavier Legette - South Carolina
Back-to-back-to-back WRs & back-to-back Xaviers. All jokes aside, the Ravens might lose Odell Beckham in Free Agency, so they might be in need of another WR come Draft Night. Legette ran a sub 4.40 despite being six feet tall and over two hundred pounds--I think he would suffice.

31) San Francisco 49ers: OT Jordan Morgan - Arizona
Honestly, unless San Francisco picks up an OT in Free Agency, I think they have to go that route with this pick. Trent Williams will be 36 at the start of next season, and there's still the hole left by McGlinchey at RT. Morgan could start opposite of Williams before ultimately becoming his successor.

32) Kansas City Chiefs: WR Ladd McConkey - Georgia
I read yet another report that Ladd McConkey will likely be one of the many WRs that fall into the 2nd, but I simply couldn't give anyone to the Chiefs other than him. He just screams Kansas City to me, and we all know the Chiefs could use more help at WR.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 4th 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:49 Mar05 2024 Post ID: 3460529
Sanzano
+
Great mock as always Warrior13, I agree with you on basically everything. I also have five quarterbacks going in the first round. When was the last time that actually happened, 2018 I think with Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Jackson.

Russell Wilson is a cancer in the locker room and not the player he was. I can't see where he is going to fit in, Cousins will have a spot before him.

1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams
2. Commanders - QB Jayden Daniels
3. Patriots - QB Drake Maye
4. Cardinals - WR Marvin Harrison Jr
5. Chargers- WR Malik Nabers
6. Giants - QB J.J.McCarthy
7. Titans - OL Joe Alt
8. Falcons - OLB Dallas Turner
9. Bears - WR Rome Odunze
10. Jets - OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
11. Vikings - Edge Laiatu Latu
12. Broncos - QB - Bo Nix
13. Raiders - OL JC Latham
14. Saints - OL Taliese Fuaga
15. Colts - CB Nate Wiggins
16. Seahawks - DT Kris Jenkins
17. Jaguars - DT Michael Hall Jr.
18. Bengals - TE Brock Bowers
19. Rams - CB Cooper DeJean
20. Steelers - Edge Jared Verse
21. Dolphins - OT Troy Fautanu
22. Eagles - CB Kool-aid Mckinstry
23. Texans - OT Amarius Mims
24. Cowboys - WR Brian Thomas Jr
25. Packers - CB Kamari Lassiter
26. Buccaneers - CB Terrion Arnold
27. Cardinals - DE Chop Robinson
28. Bills - WR Troy Franklin
29. Lions - CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr
30. Ravens - OT Amarius Mims
31. 49ers - S Kamren Kinchens
32. Chiefs - WR Keon Coleman

I have a feeling Washington will be interested in Ja'Tavion Sanders with one of their high second round picks seeing as they have just dumped their tight end. The other second round pick will definately be an offensive lineman.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:06 Mar05 2024 Post ID: 3460530
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Very nice mock, Dennis. I can definitely see things falling that way.

Gutsy call having the Giants pick McCarthy, but I will admit that there was some chatter at the Combine that some executives expect either the Giants or Raiders will trade up with the Cardinals and draft McCarthy. I don't see QBs going 1-4--especially if Harrison is still on the board for the Cardinals to take--but I guess anything can happen.

I also love Brock Bowers to the Bengals. I almost did the same.

Here are my only critiques about your Mock:

1) You have OT Mims listed twice. Maybe switch the double with Guyton or Morgan moving forward? I think they have the best shots of making the 1st.

2) CB Arnold will probably be CB1 or CB2 at the worst. I would swap him and Kool-Aid.

That's it, though. Incredible mock dude. I might definitely have a run for my money this year.
Sanzano Posted: 10:20 Mar05 2024 Post ID: 3460531
Sanzano
+
Thanks for the input Warrior13, every year I always list a player twice in a mock and never notice.

I heard a rumor Kirk Cousins is in the process of moving his family to Atlanta. I wonder if that is where he will end up playing. The Falcon management believe they have the players in place to make a run at the Super Bowl, they just need a quarterback to lead them. Not sure Cousins is the guy though, he's a stats padder.

The market for Justin Fields apparently has cooled, interestly though the Cleveland Browns have entered the conversation. Does this mean they are not happy with Watson?

Warrior13 Posted: 15:24 Mar05 2024 Post ID: 3460532
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think it is very clear that the Falcons will be adding either Cousins or Fields. Both would be way better options than what they currently have at QB.

Fields to Browns does not make much sense, but I would understand if it happens since Watson has not lived up to expectations and Fields will be relatively cheap for the next year or so.

Washington has told teams not to bother calling them to trade down. They are staying at #2.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 5th 2024 »
Warrior13 Posted: 12:16 Mar06 2024 Post ID: 3460533
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My QB Comparisons:

Caleb Williams:
Best Case - Patrick Mahomes
Worst Case - Sam Darnold
Likeliest Case - Bigger, Stronger Kyler Murray

Jayden Daniels:
Best Case - Lamar Jackson
Worst Case - Justin Fields
Likeliest Case - Faster, Lankier Jalen Hurts

Drake Maye:
Best Case - Justin Herbert
Worst Case - Mitchell Trubisky
Likeliest Case - Thicker, Athletic Jared Goff

What are your guys thoughts? Do you feel the same? Or do you have different comparisons?

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 6th 2024 »
Displaying Page 454 of 464
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 452 | 453 | 454 | 455 | 456 | ... | 462 | 463 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close